/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>super glue edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Factory Service Manuals for a lot of Hondas
shweet.org/Manuals/manuals.shtml

Bump the thread if you see it at page 10.

Vids:
>Thread Music
youtube.com/watch?v=ajmI1P3r1w4
youtube.com/watch?v=FqT2uOa1-d0

>Initial Doug
youtube.com/watch?v=xYPXIXMeKT8

>Civic crash
youtube.com/watch?v=C8mu7I1vlTA

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/d/2006-hyundai-elantra-manual/6450051915.html
chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/d/1996-honda-civic-hatchback/6460923143.html
chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/d/toyota-corolla/6460433236.html
orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/honda-civic-hatchback-ek-1999/6455872955.html
orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/1999-honda-civic-hatch/6439883433.html
youtube.com/watch?v=bOyU_OzRXnM
lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/d/1997-honda-accord-ex/6457767357.html
youtu.be/CH7mDVTkNlU
speedhunters.com/2018/01/project-nsx-goes-honda-heaven/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>How do I join the collage?
See pic related.

Waddup

>EFF WAHR
I wish i had a roll cage in my Civ.

Lurking on cl for a new car, gonna watch some jungle boogie ball on this fine Martin Luther Kang day.

I might check out this Elantra (not the one in the pic)
chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/d/2006-hyundai-elantra-manual/6450051915.html

check that trans thoroughly, id expect a car with that mileage to have grinds and/or popouts
inspect the engine harness, look for loose connectors
ask for a receipt on the replacement obviously, and look up reviews of the shop that did it

beyond that just follow your typical used car buyers guide

It's been sold fugg

chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/d/1996-honda-civic-hatchback/6460923143.html

Haggle this nigga down. Kek

chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/d/toyota-corolla/6460433236.html

>EK Hatch with suspension upgrades and Si wheels for $1500
Nihga that's fucking amazing, people here in cali want $2700 for their clapped out EK and nearly 4k for their EK hatch with a whale penis intake.

orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/honda-civic-hatchback-ek-1999/6455872955.html

orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/1999-honda-civic-hatch/6439883433.html

>incredible hi/gh/ speed

Messaged him, hopefully replies

That Corolla is too old. I'm looking for obd2

Yeah it looks way better than my hatch that was posted for 1800. Even the 1300 I paid was probably too much.

Hope he replies. I'd be all over it down in the South.

>tfw we're living in a timeline where Shingo's B16A drivetrain would become worth more than the chassis it's in

>implying his shell is worth something
his stickers are worth more

>no accidents
I'm surprised he even had that thing in the extra stage after it flew in the air, fifth gen civic is damn near paper.

>Mine has no official accident history
>Not a single panel on it is original and all the panel gaps are bad

B E A T E R
E
A
T
E
R

>show has a beaten to fuck cvic with shingo bumping his competition and smashing into a guardrail
>/hg/ has a beaten to fuck civic to shingu hooning for pizza and bumping curbs and bushes

pottery

It's those stickers bruh. Night Kids are destined to crashed into things.

One is slowly peeling off though.

>Tfw I have the smol version of the B16A, the D16A

Somebody send me another cam.

Sold fugg

>waiting for a seller to message me back with pictures after he said he would
>its been 2 days

Damn wish they would delet the ads when they sold. Getting people's hopes up.

youtube.com/watch?v=bOyU_OzRXnM

Anyone in socal looking for a dohc zc project? I have a dohc zc block, 2 cranks, complete head with both cams, all springs, all valves, valve cover, intake manifold, pistons, rods, oil pump, timing cover, water pump, obd0 alternator, 0bd0 crank position sensor. Everything is there except it needs to be rebuilt with new bearings and gaskets. I'm only asking 75$ for everything because I'm moving into an apartment in 2 weeks and won't have anywhere to put it. Located in Fontana, ca

This is why i am hesitating to buy stickers

Wish I had the cash to buy this, price tag around ~4k usd

>B16 Head/ 20 Bottom Half
>Recaros
>Poly All Round Front Bushings
>Rear Tie Bar

Good news bros I should be getting my a.c. Fixed and radiator soon. Just waiting for the shop to have an opening. Can't wait for that cool air since the heat almost killed me 2 weeks ago. The sun here is no joke

>ANOTHER GOOD DEAL CIVIC SOLD
DELETE YOUR ADS FAGGOTS

Should i spend my tax refund on getting my legend re-finished (has faded clear coat/dents from the previous owner) and a set of new rims. or pickup a project integra

help me /hg/

pic related shows the worst bits of the clear coat

Do everything. How expensive is re-finishing?

Do you guys even have winter? It might snow in Texas tomorrow. Not sure about snow in Louisiana. I gotta deliver in it regardless.

i was quoted about 1k for the refinish, and the rims i want are 400 for the set. I usually put aside 2k of my refund for fun stuff and save the rest

forgot to ask, user. where did you order the sticker online?

ayy someone saved my custom sticker! i ordered 25 of them and sold a few to some car friends. i have 3 left if anyone wants one

are me

i designed that and ordered it from sticker mule, so far the stickers have held up quality wise through utah snowstorms and high pressure touchless car washes

good to hear, I might cop this

prelude a handsome but also a cute

Quads confirm.

its not the sum its the humidity
25+C in canuck is stick hot under my shift
40C in pancit land kills me
but somehow 45C in nevada is alright just because its a dry heat

>All this crap in the trunk pan possibly shorting
Just fuck my shit up, PO.

lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/d/1997-honda-accord-ex/6457767357.html

Is this any good? I would get better but all I have is 700$ and a barely working Jetta,

>AC working
That's really good, just drive it hard when you do drive it.

cat just died on 7th gen accord (throwing code 0420) should i bother with an OEM part at this point? the things sell for 650$ now. which non-oem cat is best?

You'll probably want the WALKER 82895 on rock auto for $167, it's carb complaint, and it seems to be 50 state legal, so its as good as a stock one.

thanks

is there any meaningful difference between this one and an OEM in terms of performance or is it purely longevity?

Not really, OEM Honda parts on the CM can go out whenever they feel like it,.

t. Alternator and o2 sensor went out before 100k

>tfw shit I need to do to my car and others but too cold or unmotivated to do it in that damn apartment parking lot
>Civic - tie rods, all radiator hoses, ignition switch
>Corolla - head gasket, water pump
>ES330 - lower control arms, timing belt, power steering leak

I need a shop to use.

Post it on your local honda fb group

No winter here. It's the cold months right now :(

Yeah its retarded here. When I almost died it only took a few hours . I was driving and sweating like crazy because I'm just sitting in traffic. Next thing I know my arms are going numb and cramping up. Few minutes later my whole body was paralyzed. Scary shit. I thought it was a stroke but it was just low potassium. Never even heard of it before. Hypokalemia . I was in the hospital for 3 days.

Damn that is some serious shit. I'm waiting for some warmth soon so I can catch up on the shit I posted. Hopefully nothing goes wrong while waiting.

Eat some bananas and stay hydrated my nihga. Eating chips (sodium) helps too.

youtu.be/CH7mDVTkNlU

The new Insight looks really nice. Honda has been hit and miss with all their new designs.

>Civic kinda overdesigned
>Accord looks slightly odd, I think the new Camry looks better
>HR-V looks great, much better than the CH-R competitor
>Clarity is weird as fuck, what's with the rear fenders?
>the entire Acura lineup aside from the NSX all look weird

is this supposed to replace the accord hybrid?

Maybe. Don't know shit about their hybrid lineup aside from wanting a first gen Insight to smash MPGs with.

>Facebook

>that van

hay guys having a couple issues. I just went to get in my car today and noticed flakes on the ground near my car and there's rust on the rear corner panel which I had just repainted over the summer after removing the previous rust... I did everything right, I put 3 coats of paint and a few coats of clear coat. Did I do somethng wrong or is the paint I used just shit?

speedhunters.com/2018/01/project-nsx-goes-honda-heaven/

In my experience you need to be very careful with primers.
Self etching primer needs a sealing primer over it, and all of those rust primers cannot take automotive paint overtop of them.

>Nobody went up to the board and drew a dank Shoji

>rust primer
people actually use those for painting over?
why not use actual primer or some cheap enamel stuff.
speaking of paint. how dumb would it be to put touch up paint in an air brush with regular lac thinner?

I can't remember which type of primer I used. thanks for the explanation tho. I think I might just save up and get it repainted professionally. It's really the rear corner panels only that need the paint job and rust repair. Never had it done though... does anyone know a ballpark price range for getting that done?

2002 Honda Accord SE, 2.3L

What oil is the correct oil? The oil cap say 5w20, the user manual say 5w30, Honda's website says 5w20, Haynes guide says 5w30.

So is it 20 or 30?

It almost seems like Honda originally spec'ed it for 30, then retroactively changed it to 20.

30 since it's thicker

Hey folks I'm looking to upgrade my suspension and was wondering if buying rear control arms, bigger sway and rear frame base without upgrading the front sways or control arms is a bad idea or not

Also what would be some good brands to look into?

Integra gsr BTW

GSR bro here, I got a set of Tein SS adjustable coilovers. They were pretty good, it just depends what you use it for, If you're going track racing yeah I liked them, but as a daily driver I hated it. Only issue I had with them was that they rusted pretty quick which wouldn't be a big deal except for the fact the adjustment for the coil spring height rusted off so I was stuck with a really low car for awhile.

Right on my. Well I bought my gsr and it came with yonaka coilovers, not too experienced with different coilover brands but it's definitely better than my stock suspension in my last Integra.

I'm looking to build a good circuit/ time attack build. I'm probably going to get function and form II's eventually but right now I'm looking to upgrade the other parts of my suspension but I'm not sure where to start.

I had the entire skunk2 suspension kit on my older civic I really liked them and never had any issues with them.

Also pic related was my old suspension for the integra. The new ones are the OEM ride height and the strut on the left was what I was actually stuck at. I've been dailying it for quite awhile now so I ended up just putting on that set of Gabriel ready-mounts since they had em on sale. 10/10 comfy AF

Nice man thanks

im scared for when my gc's become rusty. i live in salt country

They're anodized aluminum so no worries on rust. Probably why they cost so much. Worth it.

Wat

>ywn own 5 tegs and a doggo

Kinda annoying that he is trying to sell 5 at once. Two for 2k would be almost sensible, 5 for 5k is not objectively a bad deal but wtf does someone do with 5 white 1st gen integras

Have a lot of sex.

>"Selling all 5 at once"
That sucks tho

I almost got a 1st gen Integra instead of my Civic but it was sold before I could withdraw the cash.
Yeah I'd buy one for a grand. Fuck yeah I'd do it (assuming it was semi operable) but not many people want five projects on their lawn.

hollywood stuntin

>Camera pointed at thinkpad
I'm gonna excuse this cause you're my nihga.

I can't remember why I did that haha
(It's a T60 IBM badge BTW)

That's fuckin nice, I've been wanting to save money for a T420, even though it's not a 4:3 classic.

but what if 5 random strangers agreed to buy one each

I love the T420, I would have preferred an X60 for maximum tiny points but i got a decent deal on two as is T60s for 40 bucks, so I took it.
It's definitely showing its age sadly, but it's still useful enough, and it's actually really good at running older PC games like Quake 3 and Morrowind (may not seem impressive but you'd be surprised) thanks to the Radeon FireGL chip.

Yeah Core 2 is slightly showing it's age, I still use my Dell E6400 just to shitpost mobily and it does okay.

I may pick up a Core2Quad T61 with a busted screen and plop the motherboard into my T60, so I'll get a better processor and break the 3GB chipset limit Intel put on the RAM.

The Penryn chips are awesome, my dual core does well with 4gb even to this day.

Those eBay T420s are legit. Told Mom to get one for her at home job and it's been a champ. I did replace the keyboard once though which is easy.

Yeah it's easy to service them (for a laptop)

Alright nibbas, pony up. Lets chip in and buy them all.

I actually thought about trying to find mechanically minded friends to attempt to get together a pool, under the agreement that we at least try to get a few working for personal ownership and that we split profits

What do i do to my shitbox next guys?
Other than fix it, because that's a given, although potentially an expensive given

Post shitbox pics.

Which car do you own again?