What is Veeky Forums‘s favorite engine?

What is Veeky Forums‘s favorite engine?

>22re master race here

Hard mode, no Gucci tier shit you will never see in your life.

Other urls found in this thread:

coachbuild.com/2/index.php/encyclopedia/coachbuilders-models/item/zagato-alfa-romeo-giulia-tz1-1963
twitter.com/AnonBabble

K8 because its the one i use

toss-up between 2UR-GSE, 1/3UZ-FE, and what posted. that buzzy lil V6 is a treasure.

THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST

>Nissan

user Nissan has never made anything worthwhile

>"hurr durr chebby sucks"
>"nuurbuurr ford = found on rubbrsuiyh drumpf"
Well memed friend.

I don't really have a single "favorite" but i do really like-
>J series
>Modular
>LS7
>K series
>AMC straight six
>C4 ZR1's LT5 (does this count as gucci tier shit i will never see in my life?)

out of all these nominations id probably choose the J series.

Chevy v8, mic drop

series ii 3800. i miss the burble of those cars

and remember how american car engine bays used to tick and ting when turned off and the motors cooling down? those were the days

>american car engine bays used to tick and ting when turned off and the motors cooling down
wasn't that with all cars..?

just the chevys and fords

i definitely remember my mum's Ranger doing it i just assumed all cars did it. brings back memories.

2UZ-FE

literally flawless

maybe depended on engine size, most american cars were nearing 4 liters back then

and we had real suvs back then with real v8s

Turbo-Jet V8/Turbo-Fire V8
Simple, easy, universal, and the LS's grand-daddy

could have been a GE variant to be better

my 2012 subaru outback does this

subarus are junk brah. fuck hyundai too for starting the 4 cylinder turbos in all the cars meme

not a weeb, just have an MR2
weeb engine wins tho

4.0 liter inline 6

This. RIP BA falcon ute :(

my acura legend does this, i always assumed it was the catalytic converter cooling down

I own this engine and I fucking hate it, it's awful

im new here but dont you fuck dogs

Had a black top, that motor was a blast

13B-REW

I fucked your mom does that count?

>22RE
r u avin a giggle m8

Chrysler EDZ/EDJ 2.4 Longblock.
It’s a crying shame this never ended up in a lightweight RWD roadster.

The SRT4 was a fucking beast so id say it got its deserved time in the spotlight. it cucked miatas and virtually any other RWD car in its category and almost finger'banged an M3.

DZ302 and Ford 300 6 come to mind

wonderful taste

1lr gue

>tfw i will never own one

What’s wrong with the 22re

>DZ302
fuck i forgot about that one, its one of my favorites too.

Based yamaha. I swear the 1LR should be sold as a crate engine, that sound is something I wouldn't mind coming from a shitton of vehicles

for me, it's the LS3, the best and most versatile american v8 engine

I like the M3R-STP (b model)
I

BMW M30B34

Hands down, the 5.2L flat-plane crank V8 found in the Shelby GT350.

A20A3 was pretty nice, valley pan nightmare on the M62 wasn't appreciated.

I like the ZGT-40L engine
Only second to the 30AFTR

b18c1

Not exactly, but it's a great engine.

The dart block ford 363. Easy 500/450NA in a tiny 302 package

Best I can tell that’s all the heat shrouds around the exhaust cooling off

4g63. beat the snot out of it for years, been good to me and makes amazing power.

Yeah, gonna second that. Can’t go wrong with an old fashioned. Makes great power, can deal with boost, simplistic, many applications.

22re is a fucking garbage shitbox engine. How is the 5sfe not in every way better at being boring and reliable?

Mate everyone knows the 3Y is the GOAT at being boring and reliable.

triple dorito spinner, sequential turbro charged

Porsche 4.0l, 700hp flat 6.
Alternatively, the Renault RB13 1.6l, 900hp+ F1 engine. But it's not a car engine so I'll put that second

Looks like fucking moms doesnt net you enough to afford a decent car

I need a sugar momma bad, his mom obviously ain't one.

This is good.

>ba
Ironic or not?

This cunt gets it.

Internal Combustion Engine are comming to and end.
in the next 10 to 20 years there will be no new cars with a Combustion engine fitted, so im so sorry for the late comers to the party.

im so so sorry that you dont wanna hear this even it pisses me off but im just gonna grin and bear it,

as THE CAZADOR would say....... Hold on tight and ride out the night......

good luck to you highlucks man (THE CAZADOR)

calling his mom a bitch? rude

1UZ or 2ZZ but for very different prices. 4AGE has to be up there too but that's a given.

nah sorry has to be a tractor for me they will outlast any fucking car engine on the market you soi bois.

maybe THE CAZADOR can post a couple of highlucks pics.

please ban this retard already

I agree. Even in its heyday it was pretty dated, and given it’s size and extremely mild factory tuning, it got shit fuel economy. That said it’s a durable tank of an engine and makes a fuckton of torque for the displacement. Even the N/A iron block variants were little tractors.

>the stock head, block and internals are good for nearly 600 HP
there aren’t many engines that can reliably make 2.5x the factory output on stock internals.

>That indestructible butter smooth DD

hey listen here user i said to you to stop spamming shit

this is a image board so id suggest you to post an image got it.......

and buy a truck.

and you ask nicely to have me banned yet you call me a retard...
its sort of like saying this. oh i want you to remove this fucking cunt over here.

not gonna work.

also try to talk about autos or so on not about being a retard.

Where does the 22re being reliable meme come from?

This because it's what I use and think is the best sounding like i4 engine in the universe or the 4g63 for strength.

Alfa Twin Cam

>tube frame chassis
>Alfa Nord engine on twin webers mounted behind the front axle
OH LAWD

Pic is the same exact car at Le Mans, more here
coachbuild.com/2/index.php/encyclopedia/coachbuilders-models/item/zagato-alfa-romeo-giulia-tz1-1963

Eazy...
The Cosworth YB engine!

anything inline 6.

CREAM

TWINGOOOOOO

american muscle

3rd gen Hemi: the best pushrod engine ever designed, yet there's still room for improvement.

>K series (K20 especially)
>Bp 1.8 (have one in my mx5, it's peppy and easy to work on, can handle some boost)
>Older zetec engines

Bonus points for indevidual throttle bodies

But that's based on a pigfat Modular, makes very little power compared to other FPC V8's, and can't even rev that high. It's just a meme, really.

Air cooled 1600cc

how can japs and yuros even compete?

If you wear headphones while playing gta v you can hear that all cars will make this sound when powered off

Straight 5 noise and lots of boost is my favorite recipe.

Ford Barra
>4 litre I6
>sold with a turbo in performance models
>will last upwards of 700,000km if maintained

>ba
Shitty 4 speed auto
At least get a BF MK2

Nobody really knows.
Mine started burning more oil than gas around 180k and needed a rebuild, also 22r(e) are known for the timing chain guide breaking and eating a hole into the timing cover and opening a coolant passage into the motor and destroying your motor.

Sperg more lmao

Americans see hiluxes being used by the Taliban and the Toyota pickups the Americans had, had the 22R in them.

Little did they know that the Taliban Toyotas primarily had the 3y in them. The 22r was the luxury engine.

>modular
>bad

end urself

Best

Mercedes M120 6.0 V12
Same engine out of Pagani Zonda C12
My favorite engine from my favorite manufacturer from my favorite period of time.
Also it's literally 2 of the engines on my first and favorite current car, the 3.0 M104, a rev happy, hot, high compression I6 that is built like a brick shithouse.

Yeah man they're great

*blows intake manifold gasket for the tenth time*

>22r(e) are known for the timing chain guide breaking and eating a hole into the timing cover
All R motors do that, I don't know why Toyota persisted with them for so long.

>Taliban Toyotas primarily had the 3y
Once again the 3Y is proven to be the GOAT.