/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Last Thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer or hardmod, entrypoint coming very soon)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Aug 3]11.5 homebrew entrypoint announced
>Wii U
[Jul 24] Hint at a Crunchyroll entrypoint. twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/889303560655175684
[Jul 18] System version 5.5.2 has been released. It patches the browser entrypoint.

>Switch
[Jul 19] The BBB team released the first few ExeFS and RomFS dumps. gbatemp.net/threads/477954
[Jul 9] The kernel has been dumped. This does not mean an exploit has been found. twitter.com/derrekr6/status/884106715888848899
-The TrustZone code has also been dumped. twitter.com/derrekr6/status/889556685353881600
[Jul 6] RomFS dumping is now possible.
-A Pyton script has been released. twitter.com/SciresM/status/887199230103826432

>DSi
[Aug 2] ugopwn leaked. → → #
[Jul 22] CFW and SD redirection announced. twitter.com/Tankerbot/status/888977743777583104/
[Jul 15] RocketLauncher will support most retail game cards. youtube.com/watch?v=muuRpyYgGyI [Open]

>Vita
[Jul 29] Vita online activation no longer works on 3.60, if you haven't activated it Adrenaline will NOT work. [Gist] E80558325.md
[Jul 29] HENkaku Enso got released. enso.henkaku.xyz/
[Jul 2] SD2Vita adapters can now be preordered. wololo.net/2017/07/04/pre-order-sd2vita-game-cart-microsd-adapter-right-now-via-reddit/
>PS4
[Jul 11] PS4 MTX KEY, a modchip that allows game sharing, has been announced. wololo.net/2017/07/11/ps4-mtx-key-announced-preorder-ps4-modchip-gamesharing/

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/yYB1wpxX
playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/system---hardware/power---system-stability/safe-mode-on-playstation-vita/
wololo.net/2017/07/25/review-sridents-sd2vita-adapter-psvita/
3dsiso.com/showthread.php?282263-Tutorial-Bypass-Anti-Piracy-in-The-Great-Ace-Attorney-Episode-1-s-Fan-Translation
3dbrew.org/wiki/Config_Savegame
3dbrew.org/wiki/System_SaveData
mirrorace.com/m/63bh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for DSi CFW wont change a thing

Second for 11.5 hacking without transfer or hardmod

Third for /waiting for SD2VITA in post/

maybe GBARunner2 won't be shit

It is 2017, you can run GBA emulators on pretty much anything by now.

people still play with DSi? why the fuck don't they get a 3DS?

Been on my Vita for the first time in ages so have just updated Henkaku and Adrenaline. What next?
Get Enso installed or find some new games to replace the pirated shit I got when Vitamin/Mai first came out? Need some recent plugin recommendations too.

yeah but it's neat, like nds-bootstrap
it's actually interesting homebrew

I'm more hyped about amiibo emulation tbwh famalam

Native resolution.

Which Vita model can I buy and hope the firmware is 3.6 or less?

Any if it's new and outside of Japan

If I hack my 3ds it'll be impure and I would violate it
Where do the morals stop

did something big happen recently? how did we go through 5 threads in a week?

The same way we always do, son.

Memes and shitposting.

Best model/color of New 3DS XL to buy?
Does Galaxy style look ugly IRL?

galaxy is actually alot more shiny than you think, the inside also has a glitter like pattern i personally dont like it its just not for me i have the famicom one

Get an sd2Vita and enjoy memory card prices that aren't cancer.

>i have the famicom one

I didn't ask retard

Trying to but I want to wait for plastic cased ones if I can.

If you have a 3ds XL or an n3ds XL, the pixel perfect mode for DS games is the same size as the DSi screens

>Best model/color of New 3DS XL to buy?

Enjoy your letterbox.

>finally cracked
>booted into sysnand and started up friends list
>no ban message

Now I just have to figure out how to update luma while still on an emunand setup and I'm gucci.

If you feel like trying you luck with the lottery, one particular batch of N3DS' were assembled with IPS panel instead of TN panels. There's no way to visibly identify it in photos so anyone claiming it to sell there's will most likely scam you unless they photograph the serial number.

Aside from that it doesn't fucking matter except hobble your fat ass to the local gamestop and see if they have naked used N3DS' XL.

I'm sure working out how to put a file onto the SD card will give you many sleepless nights.

>still on Emunand
Wow, to update Luma you'll need b9s
So you better start following the guide from start, you will be able to recover everything you have on Emunand, don't worry

Easier than merging folders

>emunand
why bother?

Merging folders on 3DS is always a no no. Literally everyone who has a problem upgrading their SD card has fallen foul to it.

Why cant flipnote 3d hax release already?

But I LIKE my inconsistent, slow booting through several menus! Hell, I may not even bother updating at all depending on whether or not the new Metroid has a minimum firmware requirement.

I have a backup of my 3ds from 11.2, will it matter if i use that data on an sd card on 11.5?
this includes the emunand and all that

Maybe they wait for smegma to release o3ds payloads.

Screenie or pngshot?

It'll be 11.4 minimum for certain.

I don't suppose there's any skirting around that with httpwn, is there? I think I'm still on 11.3.

>Meanwhile as Smeg works hard

Updating your firmware like a normal person might help.

Eh. I'd have to update luma for that, and I'd have to update my setup for that. Can't be assed until I'm finally banned.

>Put Luma on SD card
>????
>Profit
I know /hbg/ isn't a bright bunch, but really?

I've been led to believe that 11.5 requires luma 8.X, and that requires a bootstrap setup. Is there some part of that which is untrue?

Yes, most of it. Emunand isn't recommended but it still works so go for it if you're a lazy fuck.

I don't really know what I'm doing here. I want to install some custom stage mods for Smash 4, but most of the guides are pointing towards the old browser exploit. I already have Haxchi installed, but I can't find a guide telling me how to setup mods from that point onward. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I want to impregnate Akari.

Haxchi and the browser do the same thing so just pretend it's the same and follow the rest of the guide.

do you guys think the dsi exploits will eventually lead to being able to play ds "backups" without a flashcart?

DSiWare backups, sure.

Hope you like Advance Wars: Days of Ruin in Japanese.

Will Luma 7.05+*hax payload work on 11.3-11.4? Just asking for clarity.

>Done some pretty shady shit on my N3DS since the 9.2 downgrade
>Still not banned

Faggots

Well past that is talk about SDcafiine, but not how I prep the mods, or how to even how to set up my SD card. They just say use SDcafiine to load the mods.

he isn't. He just delaying it for no reason.

What's the setup you're after?

is there any way to see what type of screen a n3ds xl will have without actually seeing it physically in person or is it just luck of the draw?

I did the PC transfer and after selecting to move dsiware, and then copying everything to the n3ds I see "There is no DSiWare on this microSD Card." What do I do?

I'd like real CFW and the ability to get homebrew themes. Maybe also emulator support.

pastebin.com/yYB1wpxX
Can we make sure this is readily available? Fuck the translation team for trying to deny digital users.

You can get those things with mere Userland hacks.
But just follow the guide to get a 11.5 b9s sysnand Luma CFW to do everything.

Most people have both

Wonder where all that misinformation got started. Oh well.

Floating panties is a weird fetish.

did you actually buy the game though

Why should I?

because the guide clearly tells you it has to be a legit copy?

Those are fighting words, user.

Can I play recentish games like DQ8 undub on cakescfw.

I don't wanna do that shit again. Don't even remember how.

>Cakes

I'm not sure why someone said "why should I" when he's not the guy who asked.

Yes I purchased a legit version. What are my options now. wait 7 days and try again?

>this is what plailect wants you to think
lmao just stop

i have a weird problem. was playing p4dan on vita, with the full hack, working fine. then quit playing, shut it off, turned it back on, it goes to the warning sign, then black screen, blinking ps light then shuts off. what iswrong here?

That 3DS is filthy

And if you remove the card? What about trying to open the service menu?

not sure what causes that unless it was user error but i guess yeah just wait and try again

will i have to purchase a different game again or just try again normally

How can I cheat on Smash 3DS online? Don't judge me, I just wanna see what it's like.

when i removed the memory card the first time it worked and was rebuilding database and i inserted it again i dont think it recognized it, none of my stuff was showing, and now wheni try to turn it on again with it same thing happens.

and whats service menu?

I love my DSi, and it's going to be great to play any DSiWare on it. It has a much better dpad than the 3DS.

I meant the recovery menu: playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/system---hardware/power---system-stability/safe-mode-on-playstation-vita/

If the issue persists, you are the proud owner of a dead Vita memory card. Welcome to the club!

Themely should go to the left.

Stop spreading that outdated shit. That method will lead to text being all wonky, they did make actual code changes. There's proper patched files available on 3DS Sisqo.

The old versions (and the fork, I guess?) are fine.

it looks like safe mode doesmt work with the card in. is my 64gb card dead?

I'm afraid so.

you can use the same game

does that sd card adapter work well for the vita?

It seems so, but I have yet to buy one.

Is there a way to change EULA to ff.ff without the EULA setter app thing? It worked on my old n3DS w/ a9lh but seems to do jack shit now and I want to play some Jap games online.

wololo.net/2017/07/25/review-sridents-sd2vita-adapter-psvita/

Goat sacrifice to Miyamoto.

Can you not just download config.cia and install it with fbi to change it? Takes less than 5 minutes tops, at least for me and I'm useless with this stuff

>my piracy tool is copyrighted!
>we'll file DMCA on sharing websites if you host our secret club's code!

Can you link the exact ones you mean. Is it this?

3dsiso.com/showthread.php?282263-Tutorial-Bypass-Anti-Piracy-in-The-Great-Ace-Attorney-Episode-1-s-Fan-Translation

according to 3dbrew.org/wiki/Config_Savegame and 3dbrew.org/wiki/System_SaveData
it seems you have to edit the 4 bytes value at 0x000D0000 to FF FF in the file 00000000 that you can find at nand:/data//sysdata/00010017 (just browse to it using FBI and then use a hex editor)
Why would you want to go through this when you can just use the tool though?

mirrorace.com/m/63bh

Being part of the scene must have being an obnoxious cunt as a prerequisite.

>geeky look
Literally stopped reading there.

Isn't there a section on the eshop that lists your previously downloaded games? Where is it?

Wait, the page doesn't say the address is 0x000D0000, because it isn't. I just tried it myself, and it's 0x25194, which isn't even in the page. And, of course it's 2 bytes, not 4. Sorry for the mistake.

What a faggot.