totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/

High Elf Roster Reveal:
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Announcement Cinematic Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Last thread Screenshot sharing and campaign posting encouraged!

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamesn.com/totalwar/placing-authenticity-over-accuracy-total-war-rome-ii
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, let it begin.

fifth for BIRDS

Fuck you, I'm not going to.

BY THE COMET

Die die!

Has SFO gone too far?

So basically since this is the fucking warhammer general now we can have people posting vermintide, mordheim and man o war?

Oh my god what the fuck is that abomination.

No.

No, we can't.

>Vermintotal War, Total Warheim and man o Total War
There. Now they're ontopic. :^)

no you can fuck off right away with this shit

I posted too late because im a dweeb and now theres a new thread, reposting

The Empire were the whipping boys for Warhammer 1 and now the High Elves are the new whipping boys for Warhammer 2. Who do you believe will be Warhammer 3's punching bag?

It really is a "Mongols ignore the AI and beeline to your cities instead"

Well lads guess I'm gunna be knocking them out of the game before they even get a settlement. I've literally never beaten them in open field combat but with some stakes, spears and longbows they can get slaughtered at the gates

ONLY 3 TODAYS MORE

Kislev or Cathay

Oh ok I misunderstood since we've had people chronicle their fucking games for the past few weeks that are not fucking TW because fantasy.

I'm sorry.

It's what Total War was meant to be!

Chaos Dwarfs

>"Mongols ignore the AI and beeline to your cities instead"
>the Mongols were the Chaos of Medieval 2

How have I not realized this before?

Sure, why not? It's not like anyone will protest.

Retards don't count, these will protest anything.

Kislev

Report them and move on

Favorite faction you have played? Doesnt matter which game.

dwarf

Tanukhids

More chaos than chaos.

This is a total war thread, you are not wanted here.

>not TW because fantasy

Just fuck off

Date

>You have already reported this post, or someone with your IP has already reported it.

The only person I reported today was the false flagging faggot in the previous thread

Good to know its the same faggot shitting up the thread

date or Dale?

>since we've had people chronicle their fucking games for the past few weeks
????

>wear 100kg of armor
>no head protection

High Elves, I suppose

But maybe that's just because their units were crazy overpowered

That's not how it works, dumbass

You report the post, not the poster

That's not how it works, it's by post.

>even in death, gobbos have their fucking smug smile

date

Getae in Rome 2
Only time I ever played until I definitely lost, normally if I know I'm losing I'll save the time and quit but I fought so hard and nearly made it. Only time I got a 10 tradition army, happened on their last ever battle before they died from attrition having never lost.

BACK THE FUCK OFF !!!!????????

muh visibility :^)

>The cool and epic stuff has been made reality for children like you in the newest "total war" (more like total skirmish lmao), you can play that and let the actual understanders talk about TW.

But that's wrong. Only with Rome 2 and Attila they bothered at all with historical accuracy. Before those two they didn't give a flying fuck and did whatever they want.

Gladiators are cool. That's why you could recruit them. Nothing else matter. As everything else in Total War which is not cool.

They could very well have skulls mutated to be made of steel or anything else

Anyone have that CA spurdo? The one with "historical accuracy AKA autism" line?

Others are fine too

You have the mindset of a child

>Gladiators are cool.

You fucking retard gladiators actually fought in times of crisis in the roman army, it was considered dishonourable for the commander but it happened multiple times.

Stick to the arcani argument, in fact stick to talking about warhammer and nothing else.

Don't forget the Roman Ninjas and Robin Hood rangers.

how do chaos guys even move with all that armor, are they all mutated to have retarded strenght?

>"The Old World shall burn"
>"We have ascended"
>[bong]
>[bong]
>LISTEN TO ME MY SON
>VOLODYA MY CHILD
>I KNOW THAT ITS FOR THE MOTHERLAND THAT YOU ARE GIVING YOUR LIFE
>EVERYONE HERE KNOWS THAT YOU WILL NOT STEP BACK
>THE ONE WITH THE RIFLE SHOOTS
>THE ONE WITHOUT FOLLOWS HIM
>WHEN THE ONE WITH THE RIFLE GETS KILLED
>THE ONE FOLLOWING HIM PICKS UP THE RIFLE AND SHOOTS
>[gets shredded by Hellcannons]

Yes. The armor is granted on "ascension"

You sound like somebody who would justify using Radious mods "because they're cool."

Not an argument

and how come they can ever be harmed by anything that isn't a MASSIVE blunt force?

>start new attila campaign
>let's try white huns
>normal starting difficulty
>oh cool im not used to hordes
>start at war with sassanid empire, all their vassals and inside their territory
>lose by turn 12

The normal start difficulty was a joke by the devs right?

Honour and glory await England men! To Battle! ;_;

It's made by Chaos dwarfs, forged and folded over 1000 times by superior Dawi Zharr craftsmen

>No Nipp Dorfs, Vampire Chans, or anything because GW was a lazy shit

When they announced warhammer, i couldnt wait to see army painter, avatar conquest and the cool items you could equip on my dude.

Glad to see they did fucking none of that, in fact even the 'legendary' lords start with their 'legendary' items on the model even if they have not acquired them.

It's so fucking silly looking at Kholek talk about getting starcrusher while he's been holding it the whole time.

>tomb kangs will get 4 legendary lords from their release in game 2
>Settra the Imperishable
>Arkhan the Black
>Snake queen
>[???MYSTERY-LORD???]
Who will the mystery lord be?

I vote nagash if they don't want to pick some /literal who/ but if they added him I can't see why you'd want to play Arkhan also fuck the power-wank that is end times

Not him but here's something CA said, close to Rome 2s release, that I thought seemed somewhat relevant. Granted they use the word "fun" rather than "cool" but:

>“Authenticity is probably a better word than accuracy, and that’s what we aim for,” Bickham tells me. It’s an important distinction. So much of the study of history is focused on cataloguing the mundane minutiae from the lives of now long-dead folk, and these countless little facts don’t necessarily translate very well to a medium more interested in entertainment. Worse, they could bog a title down in needless detail. “Fun wins out over strict, dogmatic adherence to the history books,” he clarifies.

pcgamesn.com/totalwar/placing-authenticity-over-accuracy-total-war-rome-ii

>say what CA did in every game until R2
>"justify" using retarded mods

Pay attention before posting

Total War is and always was one of the most casual and normie strategy games. People play it because epic battles are cool. Not for historical accuracy. Not for campaign. But for cool and epic battles.
Doesn't matter if they used them or not. They are cool that's why you can recruit them. And only because of this.
Radious mods aren't cool though. They make everything look this same, not unique.

Yes and that means if it has been mentioned in some original source it's fair play, how does this relate to dwarfs flying for 30 meters exactly?

>avatar conquest

I agree with the rest but could never bring myself care about this mode. Seemed like a worse campaign desu

>Fun wins out over strict, dogmatic adherence to the history books

And do you actually think that a dwarf wouldn't move if hit by a charging monster, or even a horse with a knight on top?

They could make it better :^)

Lads what's up with the new ROR units DLC, do I really need to register for their faggot newsletter to get it? Or does that just mean earlier access like with Grombrindal?

No one's been talking about charges and flying dwarfs for several posts now, user. We were talking about early Total War and it's relationship with hsitorical accuracy.

It's the mindset. It's cool, therefore it's acceptable.

"casual and normie" doesn't matter. If you think devs should do whatever the fuck they want in the interests of pleasing the common denominator, you're an idiot. That sort of thinking leads to games like Call of Duty.

>Not for historical accuracy.

Must be why so many people care then, to the point even ca mentioned it as an inside joke.

I fucking hate you so much, you always pull the arcani crap to justify your shitty fantasy game being utter shit, no, a single unit does not change the fact that tw is the most realisitc simulator of historical battles out there and is well grounded in history especially with the more recent titles, now fuck off and stick to your trash game cunt

I think you actually do have to register on their site, yeah.

>Chaos Dwarfs
>implying they won't be the victors of the darklandsbowl 9/10
>implying the Old World in the combined map won't be a huge mass of dorfs, chorfs, and chaos squatting on the wasteland that used to be the empire

No dumbass, we're not talking about that at all. You're right, early TW's were borderline fantasy, That's not the issue.

No one is saying if anything is acceptable on a philippine wood engraving board dedicated to video games, we're talking about why CA puts the units in vanilla in the first place

>tw is the most realisitc simulator of historical battles out there

Please play more games

I don't give a fuck about fantasy so I don't understand why you would even ask me that.

If you meant to ask if an horse would not move a human, first of all it wouldn't even attempt to ram a human unless it panicked, second it would trip or break its legs since horses have very delicate legs

>mentions dwarfs in the post I replied to
>I don't give a fuck about fantasy

Don't fucking post then

>please play more games

Please suck my dick bitch, you have no argument so stick to sucking dick that's what you're good at, that and blowing GW apparently.

what iz we gonna do on da bed boss?

>Please suck my dick bitch, you have no argument so stick to sucking dick that's what you're good at, that and blowing GW apparently.

wew lad

>saying you don't know shit about games since you think TW is the most realistic somehow means blowing GW

Obsessed, ignorant and retarded all in a neat package

I don't give a fuck but you obviously do since you are a child that wants to look at cool and flashy things like most warhammer fans.

If you want yo see dwarfs fly you have a game for it, stick to that and let adults talk about the real TW games.

KILL THEM. RAISE THEM.

G O B L I N S

Yeah it's really dumb that Shogun 2 multiplayer has more roleplay elements than fucking Warhammer, which is also an RPG

You're not even making any sense anymore. Calm down.

There's been a discussion on TW and historical accuracy running parallel, even overtaking the original dwarf conversation, for several posts now.

>a single unit
>tw is the most realisitc simulator of historical battles out there
It's times like this that I don't know whether someone is falseflagging or is actually this aggressively retarded.

You're free to post a more realistic historical battle simulator than TW (except warhammer of course since it's not really TW) any time, bitch.

Who would win?

One of the most feared armies of the medieval world lead by one of its legendary commanders with a huge numerical advantage...

Why would he even think of bringing up Warhammer if he's supposed to post a more realistic *historical* battle simulator?

The operational art of war
Steel panthers
Close combat
Combat mission

>except warhammer of course since it's not really TW

el oh el

How am I doing?

First 2 armies, RoR and starting units aside, are mostly filled with filler crap. Ghorst's army is full of elite units since I waited him in the capital a bit to recruit shit worth having.

I am going to kick the shin out of the empire while Ghorst goes north.

I am new-ish to the game so not sure how it compares to a "good" players' campaign.

...or Steve from Nottingham putting a big stick in the holy ground?

>no fighting
>in a warhammer thread

You will win because of dumbass Medieval 2 siege AI that doesn't attack all at once but instead takes turns in waves

B-but, then how are anons supposed to post their battles?

are you playing on easy

I just don't understand, it's like no passion whatsoever went into this game, this game has no flavor at all it's like they went through the motions.

I don't believe for a second that devs that loved the subject would leave units with no reload animations, magic ladders, self moving siege engines, the fucking state sieges are in, all clones within units.
I just don't get it, this game is 130 buvks now and it's 190 with the new expansion, you mean to tell me they didn't have the budget? I don't believe it for a second, they just couldn't be bothered.

Cease your bickering, slaves. Hashut wills it!

Oh, also, tips for raising corruption?

Seems only that corruption building works and that costs a lot. I still buy it, but it's quite slow. I also can't really use the corruption edict without getting revolts.