There will never be another cheap, small RWD car

there will never be another cheap, small RWD car.

Looks like a fish/frog hybrid.

I would buy this car instanly

Why could this not be made? It looks realistic unlike crazy concept cars. This would be an instant classic.

79+7

RWD cars are always priced artificially high, and it's easy to collude with other manufacturers on pricing when you're all selling the same reskinned shit (brz/gt86, miata/fiata)

once autonomous becomes so widespread that safety body engineering isn't as important
once battery technology advances so far that you can get like a thousand miles out of a 5 minute charge for under 20 grand and under a few hundred pounds in weight
THEN we will see small cheap rwd...for a time

RWD cars are shit
Small cars are shit
Why would you want a car that has both features? The future belongs to self driving EV's but you regressive faggots just didn't get the memo yet.

RIP

IT WAS HER TURN!

looks like a Datsun 1600

Fuck that meme shit!
I just want to see regular passenger economy cars in RWD again.....

If you want an econobox fwd has better mpg and trunk space

Got you covered OP.

This thing is an insult to the Twingo.

By then they'll fly and we'll be racing in unrestricted hyperdrive highways since speed in them would be relative.

Because no one buys small rwd shitboxes. Look at brz/miata figures. It's laughable. The question is why anyone bothers making shit like this in the first place.

But i see a lot of 86's and miatas on the road.

They're a drop in the bucket compared to the usual
3 years worth of accords is more than the miata ever sold

And if the cost of development weren't shared between two then the 86 probably would have been discontinued this year

No you don't. You think you see a lot because you pay attention to them. You see a lot more of other cars but don't even notice them.

But then it will be a golf cart like a tesla and not a real car :(

But it's RR and small like OP requested.

no it isn't
twingo 2 was
t.twingo 1 owner

>live in yurop
>small bimmers are EVERYWHERE
>miatas and other roadsters are ubiquitous
>more GT86s and nissan Zs than I would have thought
>Porsches for days
>"lmao lol no1 buys small RWDs"
what did he mean

That's the point

Yeah and every single one of those rwd coupes combined sell less than the Camry.

Camrys are pretty rare in Europe

You can spout anecdotes all you want, sales figures don't lie. It might not be literally the Camry, you pedantic eurabian, but there exists a small uninteresting fwd car similar in size and price to the Camry that outsells all these other cars tenfold. No one buys small rwd coupes.

Yes they do retard
It’s because shit like the Corolla and Camry are so popular that they’re able to even bother funding a rwd coupe. Stop posting anytime

Go ahead bro. Prove me wrong, I fucking dare you. Try. Find a single major car manufacturer (major being the key word so don't try to be smart with like Lamborghini or Ariel) that makes a small rwd coupe that sells even half as well as their best selling car. I'll save you some time by letting you know right now which ones don't meet this criteria: Ford, GM, Chrysler, VW, Mercedes, BMW, Honda, Toyota, Mazda, Nissan, Hyundai, Kia, Fiat, Subaru, Peugeot, Opel, Renault, Volvo, Vauxhall.
Your move.

You've got the Miata and the FT86.

The market can't support a whole lot more.

What do you mean? According to Veeky Forums (and no one else), the small rwd market is exploding, people are buying 'em up left and right. The market should be able to support a dozen new models.

It seems like people who want a small car want a practical one.
there's also the 2 series coupe (but I don't remember it's exact size) (and the fiata, but who cares)

According to Veeky Forums a car should weigh 2500lbs max and either have no rear seats, or look like an old wagon.

it's probably like something growing from 1% to 2%, yeah it doubled/increased but it's still a minority (pretty much what this guy's saying )

Was this made in Unity?

Camry isn't even sold here.

You didnt understand my post at all you fucking autist dipshit.
Its a good thing the Camry sells a ton because without those sales it wouldn’t even be possible to make a worthwhile RWD coupe. Hyundai, for instance, can’t make a good sports car because they havent developed their sport division for long enough and they lack the sales figures to venture into sport or luxury. They can only make econobox crap since they have no experience or funding for anything else.
Learn to comprehend instead of sperging out next time

fpbp

God damn I wish they played with this idea more. The color palette on the regular one is just awful, it looks like Ikea furniture. At least the Nismo styled one looks alright.

Is there any actual cost/weight savings of having exposed body panel on the interior like that instead of just filling that space with cheap plastic? I wonder why more cars don't do this.

Its literally an frs witj even smaller backseat that are 100% unusable. What's the point? All the frs ever needed was FI

Sigh, too perfect for this world. I hope more than anything Nissan pulls their head out of their ass and makes this car in the next few years because the IDX was easily the best concept anyone has had in years. OP's Toyota S-FR is a close second, but honestly if we'd gotten both of these alongside the 86/BRZ, MX-5, and Fiata we'd have an entirely new generation of fun affordable enthusiast cars.

I need an IDX more than anything though, it's like it was made for me.

LOL

Fuck off with your factory rice.

>instantly bringing up american politics
>sucking more trump dick
Holy shit how much of a faggot can you be ? You out-faggoted the EV shitposter.

well, Veeky Forums is right then

this should become a pasta

Man I feel you. Its strange, when I looked at this concept I instantly fell in live with it. It really speaks to me.

>eurabian
shalom you a pretty woke goy aren't you ?

Don't worry gais, soon as I'm rich, I'll make a manufacturing company that makes only 2 seater RWD speed demons.

I don't want either of those

I saw this car and I was honestly contemplating buying it new. And I've literally never seen a car in my life that I've liked enough to even consider buying new.

It was too good for us I guess. A small, boxy, fun to drive, roomy, practical sporty car was more than we deserve.

I think the practicality is what I liked more than anything though. I drive an R33 coupe and you can actually fit people in the back of it, which you just can't do with modern sports cars. The rear seats and boot size were things I could honestly happily live with, on top of it being an actual dream car.

>R33
Aussie? Either way, that's super cool. I'd honestly love to own one but not the headache of having the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car.

>slower than a minivan
>a fucking yaris with a body kit
>3k MR2 is better
>doug score: 3/10
>buying new car ever
>photoshopped grille.jpg
Toyota made the right decision

If they used a manual 86 it would have beaten the minivan.

>wants an economy car
>doesn't care about mpg or trunk space

Hey.

Psst.

Yeah Aussie. It's seriously amazing how much space sports cars in the 90s could have in the back seats. The Silvias are the same. These days you practically have to be an amputee to fit inside the back of an 86/BRZ

dumb toyobaru poster

Not really available in the USA. I'm not even sure if it's available outside of Japan. So there's that.

Although I'd love to see one with a bigger engine and better front/rear weight distribution. Something similar to the 1.0L Ecoboost or the 1.4L Ecotec Turbo come to mind (both are tiny), and maybe around 48/52 distribution. It'll never happen, but it's fun to dream.

It's true. Right hand drive, Japan only, can't get one for another 25 years.

And when the time comes, something tells me you'd be better off buying a Miata then anyway.

I want a cheap small rwd car, what should I buy? My only car before was a shitty 2004 grand am

Was there any mention of this at the Chicago auto show or is it dead?

Not really relevant but it still always bewilders me when i see people in the US with imported cars with the wheel on the right

Miata.

Foxbody Mustang

Toyobaru, memes be damned it's a fucking solid car.
If you've got a little more money, the 2013's are just running out of warranty so you can grab one of them, and install a Jackson supercharger to even out the torque band and get 300 horsepower out of it for less than the price of a 14 or a 15.
Otherwise, the first year of ND Miata will run you a little more, but the lighter body and ride characteristics are a great investment.
If you want a good, recent(ish) convertible, the NC Miata, and the Pontiac Solstice (& Saturn Sky) are nice.
If you look around, you may be able to get a 2015 Cadillac ATS coupe for $20-30 grand. They dropped off in price fast because
>Cadillac
But they're a great car, and emblematic of GM's push to re-establish Cadillac's reputation. Either engine option is great, and the RWD with manual is great fun. The AWD only comes in slushbox with paddles, and they're not awful, but paddles are never really good. One thing though is it is much heavier than it looks, so cornering and breaking (while noticeably better than the current STANG or Camaro) are less-than-great.
For something cheaper than these, you're kinda fucked because 2000-2010 was pretty barren. Most inexpensive coupes were FWD because it was cheap to produce. Mustang 4 are cheap as borscht, handle damn near as well as the now-overpriced Foxbody Mustang 3, and are pretty peppy, but the styling is kinda meh.
If you live in Europe, Lotus Elise are great. Everywhere else, they're insanely expense because of bullshit import laws and scarcity.
>A couple real alternatives:
Motorcycles go fast for cheap and are lots of fun. I'm not a bike guy myself, but do consider it.
Also, if you just want a fun driving experience and this is the reason you're looking at a coupe, consider a Jeep Wrangler instead. Specifically the Wrangler. Everything else from Jeep can fuck right off. It's a different kind of fun, going mountain-climbing in a car with no doors or roof, but it is fun.

fpbp

dumb long poster

>Reading and writing is hard
Okay. Bulleted list.
>Miata. Any of them.
>Toyobaru with or without Forced Induction
>Cadillac ATS coupe
>Pontiac Solstice / Saturn Sky
>Foxbody Mustang
>Mustang 4
>Lotus Elise (Euro only)
>Alternative 1: Motorcycle
>Alternative 2: Jeep Wrangler

I liked his long post. Thanks user

Good post

>eurabian
still whiter than you tyrone

Canadians can import Smart Roadsters from now

lol pretty much

he just wants to do epic drifts!!!!!!!!!!

It has a gaping "mouth" so you can stuff whatever sized intercooler you want in it, cause we all know a bunch of you people will want to turbo it

dumb toyota defender

Thought someone would have posted this already.

I would buy the shit out of that. The interior is nice.

Shit, post pls? I've never seen the interior.

mr2 spyder

it's in the OP pic my guy

Oh shit of course it is. Thank you handsome

Who cares about having a fast car when you could have a car thats nice to drive? Also how is the speed of a van relevant?

As soon as any one says anything about a mustang or something every just says straight line speed is for amerifats and the turns is where real driving happens.

Then when a small, light, underpowered cars gets posted everyone just jumps up and down about speed.

This.

Why not make a car specifically for people to fuck with after they buy it. Give it a bigger grill opening, a flat floor, a simple interior, and plastic body work.

Not in the United States, no. Quite literally everywhere else in the world, however, there will be many more.

The 86 is a pet project.

That shit isn't going anywhere.

It's on display in a Toyota museum thing in Tokyo, so it's at least not forgotten.

Mazda sold 289,000 vehicles in the US last year, 11,000 of which were Miatas, or less than half a percent.

Your trips won’t overcome the fact that most Americans won’t fit in this car, and it’s engine and available power completely insufficient

>sucking tesla cock
i bet you drive a shitty little electric toy car with some sort of liberal sticker on. EV cars are not fun. FWD cars arent fun either. this board is for people who want driving to be fun. what the fuck is fun about not hearing anything come from your car and not being able to have a bit of oversteer when no one else is around?