/ovg/: Hot Rod Dog Edition

Welcome to Auto Vidya General, a place to discuss vidya including cars!

Previous Thread at , new thread will be made at the bump limit (310 replies).

Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Discuss driving games on Discord!
>ID: hXmJrJr

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

Skinning guide with rF2-specific help:
>mega.nz/#!ygMSASyZ!ai1NXzFwq174ZmQYi3V_48eeEOCr_z4YOo9g8txxlDU

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IsviS50N544
facepunch.com/threads/858674
vocaroo.com/i/s0lJbs4QxeFa
archive.is/yt9au
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=763422789
get-good.net/index.php?title=Legends_GT
strawpoll.com/ez895x6d
youtu.be/c5fa97ijI-s
mega.nz/#F!pQF1ABZA!kS9m7ufBoidIaTgdReebaw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Talking point: Why has the SJ meme made a resurgence? Who is this apparent moralfag leading his defense force?

>Who is this apparent moralfag leading his defense force?
Clearly his dog.

>be in New Zealand
>bored since your bigger brother gets all the credit for having things that kill you
>decide to one up him by teaching dogs how to drive cars in your country

/odg/ when?

I made the posts that caused someone to post the email and article and then someone else took over
I am neither SJ nor his dog

wtf is wrong with you people

I am neither SJ nor his dog too

Which games let me drive a C124 AMG hammer?

Name a better game

Anyone playing arcade stage 7 online? pretty fun.

None

>/ovg/
>Arcade
PCars 2 or nothing

Really?
Why?

What ever happened to RR3 guy?

they say he moved on to other mobile games and he lost his life's savings trying to win at fake gambling

>Forza finally has the primordial Venom GT

Sweet

feds

Why? Because game devs don't care for it I guess. Shame, it's a cool car.

youtu.be/IsviS50N544
>little subaru getting bullied
:(

GT Sport Veeky Forums livery ver 2.0: "The Man with the slight semblance of a Plan but this time in the ruins of Japan" edition.

Some new, risqué decals added to the rear, and placement of other decals undergoing some tweaks so they look better, innit.

And I'll make sure to attach the image this time.
From The Back™

its sj. wanna know how i know? almost the whole story was left out

part 1
>be sj
>go on gaming forum
>be a sperg
>don't get along with anybody
>facepunch.com/threads/858674

part 2
>be sj
>go on another gaming forum
>be a sperg
>don't get along with anybody
>vocaroo.com/i/s0lJbs4QxeFa

>gee theres a pattern here

part 2
>be sj
>accuse the gaming forum of making you fail college
>turns out you monitored the thread obsessively via script
>reveal you have no money, no social skills, and unironically put posting on Veeky Forums on a resume
>tell people youd kill yourself if you were more confident

fin
>be sj
>surprised someone thought you were a danger to yourself and alerted authorities to do a basic wellness check
>let three years pass
>revisit gaming forum
>tell them you were swatted so it sounds cooler

How do i become a simdad?

>be sj
>be sperg
>dont like car vidya
>play car vidya anyway to make friends
>nobody wants to play with you cause youre a sperg
>its the threads fault tho

james fuck you i had to use waybackmachine for this

Watch far too much EmptyBox and buy the most expensive wheels, pedals, seats and triple screen setups you can find before buying an iRacing subscription and pootling around at the back, caring more for your safety rating than your results.

but emptybox just streams tokyo xtreme racer now, that's not simdad

reminder. all of this is 100% fact and you can't deny it
archive.is/yt9au

>he filled his series with ai cars to pretend it wasnt ded

kek

Really? That actually sounds pretty cool.

i mean, he also does his simdad vids but he's playing through drift 2 now after finishing 3

V8 supercar world tour when?

Touring cars in r3e when

>its sj.
nope

james pls

tfw no supergt cars in assetto cornetto

Careful guys, if that faggot McRummy sees this thread he'll try to fuck that dog

who

>He doesn't know

How do I keep my composure while racing? Whenever I get about 10 minutes into a race I start losing my concentration and start sweating and can't pull as good lap times.

>everyone I don't like is sj

I never thought I'd see this car again after NFS2.

stop caring. just obey the rules and if someone overtook you, he was better than you. i think it just comes with time, at some point you'll learn to be calm

it's pretty important actually, you can win against all kinds of faster newbie players if you only keep calm and don't get agitated, or pressure them from behind until they break

Please tell me it doesn't have any retarded model errors like certain lights being on when they shouldn't be or stuff like this

Taillights worked properly but I wasn't using the headlights.

post the tiny subbie pls

I haven't bought it yet, sorry.
I've put the game down for the night.

:(

I tried getting it to work but for some reason the window was way too big for my screen, even after installing the resolution patch. I'll come back to it at some point.

POST 2CV

>Legends GT update

>Server has been set up for Sebring now
All the tracks can be found in the google doc, links in the track names with mirrors in notes.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=763422789

>Wiki has been updated
get-good.net/index.php?title=Legends_GT

>Changes
After some testing the following changes will be made before season starts:
Both Corvettes get an extra final gearing option to make use of their power on faster tracks with long straights.
Reduced fuel tank sizes for all cars (approx. 30%) as some cars are able to do 50min races if the driver deliberately short shifts through the race. This change makes it so that all cars will have to pit before ~80% of the race is done regardless of track.

>Race format vote
strawpoll.com/ez895x6d

>Intro video
youtu.be/c5fa97ijI-s

Remined that the Legends GT package is password protected since it containts Kunos files, the password is the same that we use on servers. If you're using the Porsche RSR you'll have to re-apply the DLC unlocker.

know what
dont fuck with me

isn't that the crappy one with just 4 cars

Yes, but more exist

the subaru and the whatever the other one is?
no thanks dawg
this is dead in the water

SuperGT sucks anyway.

the only good ones are in desperate need of updates which aren't coming
hope you like shitty fb mods

>tfw no super taikyu cars in assetto cornetto

Newfags heard about the incident and are - rightly - concerned about it.

>Two people who are no longer in the community
>newfags are concerned about this
nice try SJ, please stay the fuck in your padded room.

>surprised someone thought you were a danger to yourself and alerted authorities to do a basic wellness check
Nobody has ever denied he's a sperg (that's clear to anyone with half a brain) but this will never convince anyone: James took an online fight about video games and brought it into the real world out of spite and worse yet he did this to someone who didn't know any better.
If /ovg/ was really concerned for this man's mental health why was it a man who was safe in Canada who did it and not someone in the USA where there might be legal consequences?

>Who is this apparent moralfag leading his defense force?
>its sj.
>The absolute irony that the guy who though a shadow government was there just to disagree and fuck with him now has people who simultanously mock him for all his shit, yet at the same time think that anybody who disagrees with them is SJ.
The irony is just too fucking right, it's not like people might think bad of SJ but think you went over the line, no no.

>archive.is/yt9au

Also hold up: why the fuck is the Chinese botnet back in the OP?

I'll say now what I said last thread: if James and the people who supported this are no longer involved why are there multiple people in this thread defending his actions with full archive links and images? Can you prove your claim?

Because mumblr circlejerk is in it too.

Cause they're baiting and you are feeding them.

At least mumble is FOSS.
So you have no proof.

I baited you a couple of threads ago a bit as well. Someone is just getting a kick out of it.

>Still no proof

The software is alright, but its users are shit.

what about the Nords, any way to get it without the DLC

>I'm being baited and in denial

mega.nz/#F!pQF1ABZA!kS9m7ufBoidIaTgdReebaw

So they both showed up again at the exact same time? Seems hard to believe, they're hardly going to coordinate with each other.

thank you fellow poorfag

>both showed up again
they never left

it's well known that despite "giving up" or being "thrown out" of /ovg/ both of them regularly browse and post here because obviously it's impossible to get banned from a Veeky Forums thread by the people posting in it.

SJ even had/has a trigger set up to alert him any time someone says his name in the thread.

Nobody left lad. Cosmo didnt leave either. The same can be said for "Mosaegir" too. Shit, even if I gave up ovg I'd still check it from time to time in case there is a funny happening going on.

Ignore the other drivers and their laptimes. Obviously don't run into people but don't follow other cars and don't pay attention to positions or times. You should only care about your revs and your line.

If you get hung up behind someone get around them as soon as you can.

Conserve your energy -- don't death grip the wheel and don't be hypercorrective, let the car do what it wants sometimes.

Start off slower in the beginning and gradually build to your full potential. Not only will you acclimate faster to the way the car and track change over the course of the race, but if you are less aggressive your tires will last longer, and you will sweat less.

Practice more. There is a point in knowledge of a car and track at which you go from being a reactive driver to a proactive driver and the stress level drops immensely.

you suck, super gt is the best gt series period, and im not a weeb to be saying that

It might've been the best but it's japan only. Unless they manage to reel in several foreign manufacturers outside of bmw, and add some non asian international venues, then it might be the best.

Foreign pigs will just turn it into a moneywinslol series. They can stay away.

Ok you are a retarded weeb, nevermind.

In every single motorsport in the world, the top spots are claimed by the teams that have the biggest wallets. Your precious supah gee tee is no different, both in the GT300 and 500 class.
Also
>user claims he is not a weeb
>1 post later goes "whaito pigu go home"

We just sent you a formula one world champion to annihilate useless nippon drivers only ever able to drive shitboxes down mountain roads.

>implying I'm the same guy
super great has been an open development series for God knows how long, and it managed to stay competitive and healthy all the time. The Germans only care about winning, which is fine but the whole thing is ruined when you have one player outspending everybody else combined and telling their drivers to push people off track.

It doesnt has to be just the germans. Almost every european manufacturer is downsizing in some way, so they can push turbo technology in there. Ford can shill ecoboost as well. That said, a lot of these manufacturers are involved in several racing programs so I dunno how possible it is to begin with. And even if the germans do get in, I doubt they will pull a "push him out" or an Asch outside of german, since the nips wont take that shit. They have a sort of code of honour, but they are stubborn and competitive as fuck. Just look at toyota. Their lmp1 program is a blank cheque project at this point.

>The Germans only care about winning
The japanese did that too with the R32 group A, which turned out to be the most brojen fast car of its class, because the r31 and supra were poop.

but it's okay when the japanese do it

The fact that a team already offered to run a DTM BMW in GT500, the GTA said they'd give it a good BoP and BMW still said no should tell you all you need to know.

There's also word that one manufacturer already had a 2 liter engine ready for well over a year but their cars aren't fast enough so they just deny everything.

The germans play to win.

There could be more going on besides the BoP, that we will probably never find out. And why would they run if they were 2 secs off pace? It's bad publicity and it would look way to desperate.
>The germans play to win
No shit. As does everyone else. Ever.
No professional team that has a good amount of effort behind it does something for fun.

Gotta agree with , the japanese really don't play to win.

Shit you are right, my bad

So when you said they weren't involved you were lying.

See these posts?
Delete them