Sorry Veeky Forums, looks like you're not going to be buying that Porsche you wanted...

Sorry Veeky Forums, looks like you're not going to be buying that Porsche you wanted. You're going to have to get a 3k civic like the rest of us.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XbZ8zDpX2Mg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

And the largest modern day pyramid scheme slowly comes to a close.

fucking retard.
youtube.com/watch?v=XbZ8zDpX2Mg

technically it's a ponzi scheme, not a pyramid scheme

So what's the next shit post going to be on Veeky Forums?

I know it's petty, but listening to all my air force co-workers ramble on about cryptocurrency for literal hours on end every day really makes me hope BTC crashes and never recovers.

That's why it pays to be short futures.
Each smaller one paid out about 2K in yesterday's session, 10K each for the bigger ones.

you should hope it crashes and never recovers because crypto is fucking retarded

>get a 3k civic like the rest of us.
who tf actually pays 3k for a civic? pretty sure they're all worth about 100 bux

Most people have been bagholders for more than a year and would still be up

>he didn't sell at the peak

now's your chance anons. do yourself a favor and stop being poor. invest in ethereum it'll won't be this cheap for long.

I don't think you understand what a bag holder is

why does everyone say this

how in the fuck is btc a ponzi scheme? its not a fucking hedge fund

its literally superstition incarnate

it is not literally a ponzi scheme, it's not being managed by a single entity but at the same time you still have people making their money by cashing out and bringing someone else into the game where, at any point, the interest in bitcoin can dry up and then it's all over
there's no actual economic value behind crypto, it is monetary musical chairs and whoever gets stuck with the currency when it all settles are the ones who get fucked

how do i get smart like you

i suppose. loosely a ponzi scheme but i get the premise

Crypto has been a scam from day one. Arbitrary unit of measurement with no way to track it and no means of truly measuring quantity.

>there are retards that unironically got scammed with bitcoin
lol

told you about subjective value dog

t. Marx

>invest

i understand the crypto love purely from the standpoint of, like, how csgo skin gambling was pretty fun but if you think there's any legitimacy there you're beyond retarded

I don't think I do either. I assumed it was someone who was holding for a long time

i think it refers to people left holding when the party ends. think of it more as dickholders than bagholders. everyone that bought in when it was high stroking off are now left with their dicks in their hand.

TL;DW

it's the jews

the world must be a lot easier to comprehend when it all just comes down to the jews

>thinking Veeky Forums makes smart investments in the first place
Veeky Forums advises debt unironically from what i've seen of them
95% of the board is the kinda stupid fuck looking to get rich quick instead of just making smart investments, living debt free and comfortably, and retiring as a happy millionaire

The thing to understand is that the normies buying now are the ones who are cashing out all the lucky bois who bought it for $10 a piece.
But a guy I went to high school with is into BTC and he's a major faggot so I hope he loses money.

it's up to $49k million since this thread began

>oy vey goyim it totally doesn't literally all come down to the jews every damn time!

or hope he cashes out now, blows the money, then is fucked when the irs needs 39% of his profit april 2019.

i think owing taxes on profits earned is going to fuck people over big time, especially if they do it now and the irs comes knocking 15 months from now. b-b-but that was crypto money and that happened over a year ago. perfect storm really.

Yeah I can imagine a lot of people who jumped into crypto without thinking don't know about capital gains tax. It can really take a big hunk of the wind out of your sails come tax time.

just the fact that its happening a few weeks into the year makes it that much better.

>tfw Roth IRA
>tfw current plan shows $4.1 million tax free at retirement

sucks to suck maybe you should invest in a meeting with a financial adviser instead of fake coins lol

i miss token op arcades.

cant you not have a roth ira if you earn more than 120k a year or something like that? how much are you putting into it a year to have 4.1 million? or rather, how many decades are you working until you retire?

barcades are where it's at now.

>cant you not have a roth ira if you earn more than 120k a year or something like that

don't know, not an issue for me lol. I'm putting $5k in every year for now. Once it gets bigger I'll probably meet with another adviser and see about diversifying. You can cash out at 59 and a half without paying a penalty so I'm probably going to work until then, I do need health insurance after all.

> no means of truly measuring quantity.

what? it's a ledger that everybody can look at to verify whether transactions are valid or not, that's the whole point

you can get a boxster for 6k

5k a year will get you 4.1 million tax free at 59 years old. wow.

Are you putting more in to anything else? I made a point of trying to get $10k/yr into my 401k ASAP even though I had to eat dust and live in a box as a result just to make sure to get the compound interest working early.

I don't know what that those kinds of plans are going to be worth by the time I'm old, but it's nice to have gotten that going early so I could start working on alternative things going as backup plans later that have less interest potential.

$4.1M might not get you what you think by the time you're old. And 59 isn't that old unless you plan to die young. Just a thought, as somebody who's increasingly exposed to end of life shenanigans in the family.

If you really believe that you can put your money where your mouth is and short it by any number of means.
Otherwise you're just another bitch on the sidelines.