/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

New 3DS game is called "Deep Strange Journey/Strange Journey Redux" further info and teaser:

atlus.com/strangejourney/home.html
shin-megamitensei.jp/dsj/
[YouTube] 『真・女神転生 DEEP STRANGE JOURNEY』PV
[YouTube] 『真・女神転生 DEEP STRANGE JOURNEY』PV #02

SMT HD Project teased at Nintendo Switch Presentation:
[YouTube] Nintendo Switch: New Shin Megami Tensei Teaser

>Alignment themed concerts
personacentral.com/event/shin-megami-tensei-25th-anniversary-festival-law-side-concert/
personacentral.com/event/shin-megami-tensei-25th-anniversary-festival-chaos-side-concert/

>Starter guide
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
pastebin.com/J6ER3Eve

>Artbook, soundtrack, manga, and other downloads
pastebin.com/tJQgQYj1

>OST links
pastebin.com/kLbYxjFU

>Misc. translations
pastebin.com/pgEWmYfH

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NUmtsZ1J4a2JuWU0/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NNW1MZVRzWXJRdk0/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NeU1HNEhLVDFEZVU/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NNTd5ZFh6SUU4TFE/view?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gay.

hero died for your sins you ungratful bastard

I'm sorry.

you are forgiven

Shin Megami Tensei: Akuma to no intabyū - fan-made visual novel. You play as a russian journalist who came to Tokyo to carry out a series of interviews with SMT demons.

Download links:
Win (x86):
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NUmtsZ1J4a2JuWU0/view?usp=sharing

Android (APK):
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NNW1MZVRzWXJRdk0/view?usp=sharing

Linux:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NeU1HNEhLVDFEZVU/view?usp=sharing

just VN or is there combat too?

looks like renpy

Combat too. Simplified as fuck.

how fujo will NEXT be?

About 60% fujo

grats for fucking up the OP for the first time

it's okay
ainxe you won't be the one to make the next thread right? ;P

I've officially retired from making new threads after this. I've shamed my family name.

When will there be a /smtg/ discord
:^)

now

no

i want to assault Io

n

Hopefully never.
There isn't much worth discussing right now other than helping people with problems and complaining about translations, so a discord would just be full of circle jerking about nothing.

Tfw you go from IV A to Smt 1

I miss the gameplay

Same for going from IV to Nocturne.

Nocturne has better dungeons and 3D models and attacks. IV has a better battle system though.

>Nocturne has better dungeons
Dungeons are plain bad in all Atlus games. They slightly better in #FE, still terrible overall.

>3D models and attacks
Have nothing to do with gameplay.

>IV has a better battle system
How so? It's practically the same but with the terrible smirk/guest additions and no VIT.
The one step forward two steps back fusion and fucked up difficulty curve don't help either.

Compared to IV dungeons they are god tier. Diet Building and Tower of Kagatsuchi are good desu. I like them more than most P5 dungeons.

The fusion sucks I agree, I just liked how fast paced the combat is. And I'm mostly thinking of Apocalypses combat. I enjoyed it.

IV always felt a little sluggish to me to be honest, especially the menus. Final runs like butter though, menuing in that game feels so good.

>Dungeons are plain bad in all Atlus games
Eh?

Bunch of empty rooms and corridors with brain-dead badly implemented puzzles and random encounters.

>no vit
I wonder if people are not aware that vit in Nocturne only changed you hp

What would a good dungeon be for you then?

If we talk about rpg - dungeons in Paper Mario series could be a perfect example. From 64 to Color Splash.
They visually plesant, usually implemented couple of gimmic mechanics, have distinct style.

ATLUS didn't even try with SMT. In IV all the dungeons just literally floors connected by holes, elevators and ladders.

>fuse Dementer
>get dishonourably discharged off of the joint project
>even anthony starts looking at me funny despite wanting to fuck a birdbrain
>"She's actually a milf" doesn't hold up in court
Thanks DSJ.

It's dungeon crawler, user. For Shitty yellow bald head sake.

It's a laziness.

Was lucifer at the end of smt iv supposed to be easy?

Laziness are the dungeons of p3 and p4.

All of the final bosses in IV are easy.

Mac version, just in case:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NNTd5ZFh6SUU4TFE/view?usp=sharing

>tfw baka gaijin

what is it

I need that Pixie

>keychains.jpg

I need Thor and Kerberos

meant the censored one

Gotou?

I don't get what so good about this game. Just seems like some angsty teen series. I mean c'mon stories about highschool aged characters controlling/fighting demons, fighting god and the devil in a post apoc society. It all just sounds like a Y/A novel my cousin reads.

>It all just sounds like a Y/A novel my cousin reads.
Is it gay? Asking for a samurai

Designs are pretty nice and gameplay is decent

Monkeys aren't allowed in this general.

Asked last thread before the thread died and I had to sleep.

What's the demon after joker in the trivia bit

Mother Harlot? I thought she was the easiest one.

It handles moral themes quite well, it's really atmospheric, nice gameplay and music etc. I honestly don't see what's so good about a bunch of other series after playing SMT

In the devil survivor 2 world it would be hard not to turn intro a rapist/really pushy dude. All these girls willingly hanging out with you alone and the world ending

Good combat, great music and the rest is not bad too

i am a sucker for mythology and that is already enough to keep me interested

I like the role playing in the law/chaos routes neutral is a 100% garbage though.

>"Finish" smt IV
>Destroy the world
>....
>Fucking credits start rolling

I dont know what I was expecting but it was definitely not this, did I just play myself? is new game + worth it? I have yet to try the dlc

none of the SMT4 endings are canon, so start apocalypse if you feel discontent

Heh, were you on the Law route? It wasn't the white ending, was it?

what else can you expect after destroying the world?

>Implying there is anything bad about that ending

I was trying to get the neutral ending but I gues I fucked up along the way since the option didnt appear (I thought the destroy the world option was the neutral one).

My main complain is that the final boss fight felt so "easy" maybe because I overleveled a bit (My party was full of lvl 70+ demons) but I literally just casted the phys repel skill and Kenji killed himself, no second form, no "true final boss mk2" just that, a big face that punched itself to death

user, you have to choose to preserve or destroy the status quo. if you choose to return the world to nothing you get the worst ending and a pathetic boss fight. if you meet Stephen after you choose that means you are now in neutral alignment and you have alot of the game still ahead of you

I think option never appears, you just have to know how many points you have and choose option that will shift you to the neutral

>Implying Apoc is more canon than IV
>Caring about canon in a series with multiple endings based on your worldview

You took the "early ending"

No matter where it puts you you still have 20%of the game left. More if you actually got neutral

it isn't really final boss fight since white ending is before last 2 -3 dungeons. Still that ending feels the best

Apocalypse is a direct sequel to IV and it goes more to the root of the whole God's plan and forming of Mikado so you could say it is vital part of the story

it is important, but canon as any other ending

Yeah you got the early fakeout bad ending. Any other choice gets you like 10+ more hours of gameplay.

Is this list correct? Also whats the edgiest game?

Demi fiend should be in the too many section.

So what do you guys know about the fujoshis that ruined persona?

I really agree with you user, i'd rather play as edgelord the king of all edge or a hyper moralfag than a normie tier boring character

Nothing.

Also the follower count on the 'official' Megaten Twitter makes me sad.

Apocalypse isn't a direct sequel.

It's more of a what-if scenario.
ircc, SMT4 takes place in a continuity where Nanashi after death, declined Dagda's offer.

Where do i find Gar's shield?

SMT4 Neutral ending takes place if Nanashi rejects Dagda, but Apocalypse takes place when Flynn allied with Isabeau and took Masakado's katana, but he didn't kill both Merkabah and Lucifer yet. So in a way only about half of SMT4 Neutral route is canon to Apocalypse. Neither of those endings have been confirmed canon, but since Apocalypse reveals the true cause of the war and the end where life returns to normal, it could be argued that it is canon ending of IV story, but of course it is an optimistic guess as the endings are always supposed to be chosen by the player itself so you can yourself choose what happens to the world.

Can you clarify a bit more?

I doubt anything in SMT4 will be confirmed as canonical. We will have to see with HD or 5.

I kind of like Mikado, but I would like to move away from the SMT4 setting.

Megami Tensei 1, guy called Gar lost his shield, plotprogression item

What floor are you on again? It's been a while since i played that game

You have to find the goblin's stockpile of stolen goods. It's in an area only accessible via the elevator if I remember correctly.

Valhalla corridor, floor 1 Dedalus

Oh thanks

it was 3rd floor or somewhere like that

>go to bien
>first encounter's hard as fuck
>go back
>decide to check downstairs at the corridor
>wiped
>lose 800 macca and demons are dead
>last save was after I obtained the shield but ammassed lots of currency inbetween
Heh

Name a more based law rep than Zayin.

You literally can't

>lawfags

I swear every time I see this image, it is more compressed

What was Doi thinking when he made Demeter a loli? Screw that, what was the scenario writer thinking?

You wouldn't fuck the loli mother earth

Fujos have been into Persona since P1

No, it's adultery and unhealthy idol worship.