Why is silver so cheap right now?

why is silver so cheap right now?

i remember it being like 40bucks per liberty coin couple years ago...

Other urls found in this thread:

longtermtrends.net/
forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2016/12/02/why-now-is-a-great-time-to-buy-silver/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>40bucks per liberty coin
There's your problem. Buying coins, you're not paying for the value of the metal, you're paying for it's value as a collectible item.

ok let me rephrase what i said, the amount of silver in the liberty coin was around 35$

also is it worth buying up some silver/gold right now do you think? And if so, what is the cheapest bars/coins to buy for storage?

|How about you get a job instead of wasting your time trying to buy silver, kid.

i have a job, but i only make 500 a week after shaniqua takes her share.

and how is turning my monopoly cash into gold/silver a waste of time?

or are you one of those "trolls" people talk about?

is it all that cheap?bars make more sense than coins

looks like cheapest 1oz coin on apmex is 19$

cheapest 10oz bar around 185$

i might get a few.

precious metals are a hedge, people distrusted the economy a few years ago, now they believe in it

production keeps growing

if you invest in physical silver you get fucked with transaction costs

so what are you saying? its useless to buy silver because they will just keep mining it until theres fuckton and its useless?

what about gold?

Didnt someone recently dump a shit load of silver on the market?

Compare this to the rate of ETH. holy shit

im like 3 days new to Veeky Forums and even I know you guys are just desperately shilling ETH because you went and blew your wad on way too many shares and you have buyers remorse and are trying to suck us all in so you can make a few pennies.

There was also a recent shipwreck recovery of the SS Gairsoppa which yielded the salvage of 110 tonnes of silver bullion.

fucking hell, now all that silver is rotten and it has to be trashed.

what a fucking waste.

commodities are poor investment nowadays
too much production, low demand
transportation and storage are troublesome
index funds outperform them

yea but how are those index funds going to help you if SHTF?

1. Silver's price is heavily manipulated, that should tell you how important it is.
2. Never pay more than $1.50 over spot. Numismatic hold value as being trusted but are still only equal the price of the weight in a shtf scenario
3. Pay with check so you avoid the ungodly transaction fees for cc.
4. Hold onto it for awhile, cause we're gonna see some fucky economics in the next few years.
5. Preferable to buy in 1 oz. Increments. Easier to unload.
They'll smelt it down and make new ones.

>They'll smelt it down and make new ones.

yea i was just making a shitpost to have someone yell at me for thinking silver can rot like a piece of meat

thanks for being nice i guess

2nd hand silver has reduced fees on it

sovereigns would maybe be a good inroad for new holders. cheap, many different kinds, trusted mint, collectors like them.

>collectors like them.

i thought the idea of buying silver was so that you can buy a sack of grain from someone in your little barbed wire rimmed community after the apocalypse?

FED is raising the rates. Keep buying till the FED kills the bubble like in 2000 and 2007.

>not using silver to secure women from farmers

THIS JUST IN: Two or possibly several things can be true at the same time. Film at Eleven...

>wanting inbred country women

>Not wanting crazy Cuntry pussy

Stay gay Chaz

I was reading an article that says the price of silver goes up when interest rates rise. Is this a suggestion to buy a good amount of silver before Yellen gives her speech on Wednesday?

silver and gold are heavily manipulated by JP err i mean influenced by fed rates
silver is also sought after in industrial processes

the price will take a hit on rate rises but if the demand continues to pick up it will bounce right back

>modeling gig posted on craigslist: 10$ per hour, slutty farmeress

Nope. Gold and Silver are the opponents of Fiat money. When interest rates rise then it actually should mean that the economy is running good (which is not). With every FED Hike Gold & Silver should fall because more interests = more trust in Fiat money.

In 2000 we had dotcom bubble, in 2007 we had real estate bubble. Now we have Stocksbubble (dotcom 2.0, just look at snapchat how much money they got in IPO), real estate bubble and we have also Bonds bubble.

In 2000 and 2007 when the bubble bursted, they just got the interest rates lower. But they cant do that now because you cant go beyond 0%.

longtermtrends.net/

I was going to wait and see, probably pump a couple thousand into picking up rounds. It's not enough that I can't live right now, so it's meant for my future.
I'm slowly selling off my stocks from my investment brokerage account. I have no illusion that the economy is about to get rough in the next couple years. I'm optimistic and naive so I'll leave what's in my IRA.
thanks

old data

I sold all my stocks a year ago. Its pretty easy, you just need to watch what the central banks are doing.

Interest Rates hiked = buy gold, sell stocks
Interest Rates going lower = just buy stocks, I dont sell my metals

Right now I am shorting italian bonds: DE000CZ35DG5

And always keep enought cash. Even when Keynes was an asshole, he was right in one point: "The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent"

Whats old about that? I am not a day trader, so I dont care if those graphs are not current on day to day basis

thanks for the advice. haven't seen anything like this in the books I've been reading. wonder why.
trends exist from the past. not a predictor of the future, but a good place to start.

>thanks for the advice. haven't seen anything like this in the books I've been reading. wonder why.

maybe because the books youve been reading arent written by large autistic man babies posting on an anime investment forum in their underwear??

all right Chaim, nice troll thread. I won't apologize for taking away your shekels.

Where can I buy kilos of silver by cash or money order? Do they report the transaction?

Because all the books are Schrott. If you want to know how economics really work then get into austrian school of economics.

We were on Keynianism since 1936 which only worked because of the growth in productivity. But productivity growth is slowing down and maybe we have no productivity growth at all in near future. Now we have so called monetarism, which actually is hyperinflation killed by FED rate hikes.

We are also not living in capitalism. If money is the foundation of our so called capitalistic system, and interest rates represent the "price" for money, how can it be a free market if there is a central bank where humans decide how high or low the price for money is?

If there would be a central place to set the price of milk, butter and bread, I know how I would call that system...

how are you taking away my shekels?

I challenge you to visit a rural town of 10,000 people in Canada/USA. The slimmest women are 30%bf due to supply/demand, no competition.

>10000
>rural

>density is a number based upon a relation between size and number of inhabitants

Sitting in underwear in front of my laptop (which I sometimes really do) doesnt make my arguments any less valid.

whoops, someone forgot to scrub their EXIF

ill be coming for that gold very soon

Where you buy dis? Use cash?

US?

Yes.

Provident
Gainesville
Apmex
SD Bullion
JM Bullion

I browse them all looking for the best prices depending on what type I want.
You can pay in money order or check, which saves you the astronomical fees they add on for credit card.

In Germany you can buy gold and silver in shopping mall. I only use cash. There was gold ban by goverment in the past and there will be some in future.

troll. Did I meantion I am also an IT Guy?
root@fuckthetrollJGXy9rLY# exiftool 1489368136192.png
ExifTool Version Number : 10.10
File Name : 1489368136192.png
Directory : .
File Size : 417 kB
File Modification Date/Time : 2017:03:13 02:36:35+01:00
File Access Date/Time : 2017:03:13 02:36:36+01:00
File Inode Change Date/Time : 2017:03:13 02:36:35+01:00
File Permissions : rw-rw-r--
File Type : PNG
File Type Extension : png
MIME Type : image/png
Image Width : 640
Image Height : 480
Bit Depth : 8
Color Type : RGB
Compression : Deflate/Inflate
Filter : Adaptive
Interlace : Noninterlaced
Significant Bits : 8 8 8
Pixels Per Unit X : 3780
Pixels Per Unit Y : 3780
Pixel Units : meters
Image Size : 640x480
Megapixels : 0.307

If you want it to hedge against fiat, then buy ONLY with cash in person. If you just want to speculate then use some online stuff.

>money order

Perfect, thank you.

Buying in person seems cool too.

did i mention i was also baiting you into a useless reply?

>implying a couple of autists can move the price of ETH which has 80 million coins
You really are new to this.

Also, I guess you missed the train because it's $24.50 right now, ATH.

God, nocoiners are so fucking retarded.

Then you got me I guess.

Seems like you are just desperately searching for someone to yell at you for your shitposts?

Crypto is cool, I also have some bitcoins. However it is too difficult to understand for the average Joe. And if that is true it will be fucked up by goverment just like fiat in the past.

Also the crypto infrastructure can be ddosed or take under control by goverment if they want to. Thats why PM > Crypto

Kek

How will silver? What use will the guy down the road have for some silver bars?

If you want bartering power for SHTF start buying guns, ammo and high proof alcohol. Hell even a bag of flour or MRE's

Silver is useful for all kinds of things when you're not retarded.

That said, you're right in so far as diversifying your SHTF portfolio will make you a lot better off. Ammo in particular will be in very high demand (buy 9mm, .223, .45acp, .308, 7.62x39).

>they will just keep mining it until theres fuckton and its useless
>too much production, low demand

>Dumb meme-stors who have no idea what they are talking about
forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2016/12/02/why-now-is-a-great-time-to-buy-silver/

>.223
>Not 5.56.
plebin SHYGDDT

>picking one
the ultimate plebe move