E36 appreciation thread

The E36 is the best enthusiast-grade 3er. The E30 is old and slow, the E46 is heavy and normie, and everything newer is plagued with electrical problems making ownership only worth it to badgewhores and autists.

>shittiest seating position
>least interesting m3
>cheapest 3 series

Still my favourite tho

yeee

Is the cracking where the rear subframe connects just a meme? Was thinking about getting one.

That's on the E46 M3, and no it isn't a meme. First thing you should check on a potential purchase if you're actually in the market.

gonna post this here because I don't want to make a new thread but how are E46 323s?

I'd get an E36 325 but they're all either pretty expensive or have a gorillion kms on it, and E36 318s seem like they'd be pretty slow, or are they quicker than specs would lead me to believe?

Why do people act like enthusiasts only like pieces of shit? Newer cars are better.

318s do alright power wise. Obviously a 6cyl will be better but a 4cyl E36 isn't as bad as people say.

e46 is about is about the same weight as e36, you`re just talking out of your ass... OP, you`re a faggot who knows nothing

because kids can`t afford newer rides, so they "fuck new models, I ride old school lol"

e36 > e46 all day playboy

>3100 lbs
>3400 lbs
>about the same

Know how I know you don’t really /drive/?

How much more expensive to own is an E46 M3 vs an E36 M3 really? I've heard it's a lot more in almost every respect, and the mod potential for E36s is much better, including FI.

>The E30 is old and slow

The E36 was more simple in comparison to the E46 and there are more mods and guides for the E36.

So an E36 would be a better option for someone who has never owned an M3 let alone any BMW? That's what I've sort of been guessing from what I've read.

If you've never owned an M or any BMW, I wouldn't recommend it. You're better of with an E36 328i instead.

Assuming you're in the US, the 328 is a pretty good choice since you guys got the toned down M3 which was a lot less powerful anyway.

Whats a good price to pay for one in south eastern europe

It's on all E46's

And E36's do it too, just not as bad or common

Only one that doesn't do it is E36 compact due to using E30 rear suspension

E36 is a shitbox driven by gypsies and teenage soyracers. Absolutely fucking disgusting design.

I bought an E36 that has done over 200 thousand miles. The subframe mounting points haven't cracked on mine, but it's been known to happen on some cars. I'm in the process of welding reinforcement plates on there though.

E36 in Germany is for roaches that cant afford a newer merc
Especially 316i Compact or 318i

>3400lbs
what is this? Auto E46 E330xi?

Nigga your number suck nigger dick

>best enthusiast-grade 3er.

read: the only one my poor ass can afford after years of shitting on anything import.

People don't seem to understand, E36 is an excellent enthusiast platform but does not do well in it's current used state. All 318i are slow as fuck and even the 328i are aging.

This is more of a enthusiast project car
>N/A king with S52/S54 swap
>Turbo monster M50/M52

I don't like the M50 and I like the M52 aluminium block engine even less. The S50/S54 is way too expensive, so I'm doing a 2JZ-GE swap with the aim to turbo it later on.
Good thing about BMW is that the aftermarket is so large that I could just buy the mounts for this swap instead of fabricating them myself as usual.

The S52 is still a good platform for boost. At least the American ones are. Plenty of people turbocharge them for a decently modest budget considering the platform.

I agree with you on s54. The engine is already high strung.

> I don't like the M50 and M52
> but I want an NA-T 2JZ
Yeah you're a fucking retard

E21 or E28 or E30 or E34 or E36 or E39 or E46 as my first car?

e46

'splain why dipshit

I have owned one E36 and 3 E46's
the E46 just feels like much a better car while the E36 felt like a corolla that goes sideways
love my current daily driver 320D low af fuel consumption and so much torque

This x2

>>least interesting m3
Maybe in America

Sweet, I get to post my car

Says el spico that crashed his automatic Lexus driving in a straight line.

When will you fuck off from this website? No one gives a fuck about your e36 and your disgusting taste in modifications

I went to watch Neste rally finland last year and the top three in the national series were all e36 m3s.

The M50 is a rattly, torqueless and unreliable POS that blows headgaskets. The M52 aluminum block is even worse because the block is weak and the head bolt threads in the block often strip because of poor engineering decisions.
The M30 is a much better engine for example, but it's front sump only so can't put it in the E36 easily.

Care to elaborate what's so bad about a 2JZ NA-T?

>>shittiest seating position
Manlet detected.

>the E36 felt like a corolla that goes sideways
That's the fucking point tho.

E34 is has that old school look and old school reliability and is comfy and easily modified and cheap. I'd go with that

Holy shit she's clean!

E46 > E36

Impossible to deny

E36 M3 is still good but the E46 M3 shakes itself to death

Nigga I’m 6’1”. My legs are long as fuck and I have to squeeze them up against the pedal box to have a correct distance from the steering wheel

You're parroting bullshit rn lol
The M52 is iron in US and the only M5x vanos rattles can be sorted out with a $30 kit from Beisansystems
They do not have head gasket or head bolt issues at all lmao

Do your research on turbocharging the 2JZ-GE
Not that it matters, the way you talk you've never touched shit

We're talking about engines, kid.

E34 steering is shit