What's the point of a v8 if a v6 delivers more power with less weight?

what's the point of a v8 if a v6 delivers more power with less weight?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk06_IJzcXU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nostalgia and autism.

what's the point of a v12 if a v8 delivers more power with less weight?

>less weight
>still slower

Proof? Evidence? Anything?

the ford gt outperforms the z06
wrong

V6s sound like hideous garbage and was designed just to fit 2 more cylinders in roughly the same space as an I4

It’s literally designed to be econoshit

Idk if a twin turbo v6 is really a good comparison to a supercharged v8.

Ford gt does indeed win but I can't help but to wonder what the difference between the two would be if the v8 was also twin turboed instead of supercharged :-/

>Ford gt does indeed win
how do you win if you don't participate.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what u mean? In just flat out hp/torque, the corvette wins with 650/650. Where as the gt....

3.5 liter twin-turbocharged EcoBoost V6enginemaking 647 hp (482 kW; 656 PS) and 550 lb⋅ft (746 N⋅m) of torque.

bump furr awareness

When will ford run a production gt over the ring?

when will americans stop being fat?

12 rotor a best

Normie goes over oil limit on his v6 twin turbo
>knocks start

Whats the point of balls if you will never have children?
may as well just chop them off all they do is dangle in the way and create a weak point on your body.

Never heard of a vasectomy?

thats like having twin turbos on your car that aren't connected to anything.

a N/A V6 produces less power than a N/A V8. a turbo V6 produces less power than a turbo V8 get your facts straight.

Twin turbos that generate small little engines that suck up all of your oil and fuel

What's the point of a v6 when an inline 4 has more power and is lighter?

Holy fuck thank you I was looking for this

Kek/10

still not thinking about power to weight is a beginners mistake when arguing car power. twin turbo v8 is a drag meme, it can't be done to produce reliably higher numbers. when i say reliable i don't mean 10 years 350,000 miles i'm talking about it can't run m8. thats why they don't mass produce twin turbo or even turbo v8. bugatti veyron is a freak, and theres a reason it cost 2.5 million or whatever absurd number it cost. ya'll just need to give some respect to the v6TT. its not even the best but its what makes power for the money and produces grip machines that shred tracks across the world

inline 6>>>>>>trash>>>>>>v6

TO THE WHEELS MY BOY. REALITY IS WHERE THE RUBBER MEETS THE ROAD. V12 WITH 38 CONSECUTIVE RUNNING BLOWERS IS THE BEST U CANT MATCH ITS 987,188FTLB MASTER GOD DAMN HOW ARE YOU SUCH A BRAINLET

yeah lots of cylinders is nice but holy shit fucking 900+hp fucking i4's
fucking i4's regularly making 100hp/litre easily from factory

>I5

>I3 but with 10 turbos and a compressor

make I5 great again

Worse weight size and balance than an I4 and worse balance and power than a v6.

I'm not going to lie.... I didn't bother to read ur wall of text. Give me a tl;dr version.

I'm there with you br/o/ther

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk06_IJzcXU

engine builders build twin turbo v8s all the time... wtf are you talking about lol

whats the point of a V6 when an I4 delivers more power with less weight.

cant have a flatplane v6

whats the point of anything when you could just have a big 1 cylinder

bump

>the sound
>no turbo-related repairs
>fanboy autism
That's about it.

holy fuck new fags have never seen this thread before

>Ford gt didn't want to participate in the ring in fear of being humiliated by an archaic snek with a massive no replacement for displacement v10 engine mated to a 'slower than modern automatics' manual with the engine at the front and the power to the rear

The Ford Gt is a yuropoor sports car in every way.