/fg/ - Falcom General #38

Previous Thread: Cozy students edition

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Trails of Cold Steel III's on track for Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. News/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Class VII's back: imgur.com/a/Pw4Cp

- New CS III scans: twitter.com/HDKirin/status/890226327122362369

- Trails of Cold Steel II confirmed for PC release:
gematsu.com/2017/07/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-pc-launches-august-2

- Cold Steel PC guest blogs (written by port programmer Durante, of DSFix fame):
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163454030210/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-2-from
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163720373505/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-3-from

- Ys Seven coming to PC, trailer/info: gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-pc-first-details-trailer-screenshots

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA. Please complain to Falcom, not XSEED (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!EtVRgYyL!Aso8EtpQOifi_M1lxJ2I9rY5x64GCajpxTPiuW_-um8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder that even Steam weebs don't like Cold Steel.

pls gib crossbell

Calvard when?

>Haven't played CS2 yet even though I bought it when it came out
>Don't know if I should finally play it or wait for the steam release which doesn't even have a release date
What do? Knowing xseed it'll probably be at least 2-3 months before it comes out on PC.

Steamspy is worthless for relatively new games.

> Trails of Cold Steel II confirmed for PC release:

A typo?I see nothing about CS2 anywhere.

By the PS3/Vita version and pirate the PC one

>,ignore erebonia shit
>finish ao
>get crossbell back
>profit

With this series pace yourself. I finished CS on the vita way back and had to wait a year before CS2.

Save data transfers so if your into that kind of thing and have played CS on steam, then wait. If not, vitas fine.

I just copy pasted the last thread because anons were taking forever to do a thread. But yeah, doesn't seem like the link has anything on it.
There was an image saying they were working on it i think.

It's coming but the date is TBA. I dunno why the OP has that article linked. No one's bothering to fix it.

What's his endgame?

I've played CS1 when it came out. Waited until CS2 came out, bought it but never played it for some reason. I still have the finished save file from CS1 on my PS3. I even think CS2 is installed on my PS3.

It might not be totally accurate but its way too low a rough estimate, what we get in a week wont be much higher or lower than that, user. Cold Steel bombed.

Pre-order her game and give her back her Crossbell.

>Siegfried
I like how he looks exactly as disinterested as I am in this development

>hangs crossbell over her head just slightly out of reach

>loose uniform standards (footwear/skirts etc)
>lack of military specific courses
>no cadet ranking system
>fraternization within the chain of command
It's a generic LN high school not a military academy, Cold Steel really fucked over the franchise.

Rutgert looks cool.
Is his weapon another one of those gunblades the Jaeger forces seem to adore so much?

Yeah, annoyed me too, since in every previous referencing it was clearly supposed to be a Military Academy, with Mueller expressing resignation that Olivert came out the way he did despite being an alumni.

Blushing Laura a best

Rose stepping up to fill the smug loli role now that Renne has retired.

>Implying that Falcom was going to have him stay dead after Loewe and Mile

>retards thinking that is Crow
It's motherfreaking Rean in his demon form. Based punished Rean is acting as a double agent because he tired that everyone acting like such naive insecure bitches afraid of taking risks for the greater good. He has decided to take matters in his own hands. /ourboy/ is gonna fuck up the empire reeeeeal baaaaad. As they say in Code Geass, before rebuilding the world, you gotta first destroy the old one. This game is no bitchboy Lloyd muh feelings shit, it's Rean being a goddamn savage.

>Mile

>Moreso in the original PC-98 version, in which Madram was a Well-Intentioned Extremist who went around killing people as sacrifices to revive Dominique, Mile and Eimelle were permanently killed off in the middle of the game, and Bardus goes berserk after Octum is defeated, which prompted Avin to kill him too

>Rean x Laura
best Trails romance

You can say that with Crossbell and its police procedure again.
Honestly they should've stuck with fantasy setting.

>Calvard arc has you playing as an agent for R&A Research
>Kanone manages your missions and scolds you if you mess up
>Richard keeps reminding you that he's not a colonel

Make it happen.

I thought so too. We're really getting Punished Rean.

DELETE

Crossbell was just as bad with the police. I swear only the Guardian Force actually wore uniforms.

I don't want to put any faith in this because the disappointment would hurt too much.

Also there are like 5 other people already confirmed to be in Sen 3 who are supposed to be dead. Empire is having real zombie troubles.

The police procedures made way more sense though, getting blocked by corrupt politicians is something that really happens, plus all the bullshit evades they have to do in order to get dirt on people of power, like in chapter 4 of zero. Plus again, SSS was special, because it was meant to help out the local population to gain their trust again, since they were seen in a bad light due to all the corruption, hence why they acted so much like Bracers, everyone in the team felt weirded out by it at first too.

windman is the strongest

Actually the strongest enforcer and just holding back, he's always there at the climax of each arc to make sure shit gets done while everyone else jobs to the heroes.

>Rean x Laura
That's like if Estelle decided to fuck Zin.

>Coldsteelfags are frogposters
As if they couldn't get any shittier.

How fucking dare you insult, Crossbell?!

Oh wait my bad, you guys were talking about the uniforms. Yeah, the stuff they wore was pretty unconventional compared to real life, but to be fair, i think only Crossbell has police, and everywhere else is just military.

What was wrong with police's clothes?

>CSfag pretending to be a Crossbellfag
Your game sucks my man.

So do you get to keep Sara in CS2? I really want to use Sara/Gaius over Laura/Millium.

>Someone shit talks CS
>Frogposter replies to him
>People think he's serious and that it's a CSfag
>Someone shit talks Zero/Ao
>Wojakposter replies to him
>People think he's falseflagging and that it's a CSfag
Now this is what I call autism.

>cs is so bad fans have to resort to shitting on crossbell's uniforms of all things to defend it

>Its okay to talk shit about Sky and CS but its not okay to talk shit about Crossbell
Really makes you think huh.

>Shitting
I'm just saying they're pretty casual. Not even with the intention of complaining.

>enjoy all the games
>crossbellfags keep shitting on CS and sometimes Sky
You're getting really annoying desu.

Now we have Siegfried
Fire sept-terrion should be called Gram right?

>Siegfrid is allied with Rean because it *IS* Rean
>Siegfrid opposes old class VII because Rean is disillusioned with their naive buddy buddy shit and hurt about how they abandoned him after CS2
Holy fuck bros... CS3 is going to be fucking godly. Rean is shaping up to be so badass, top 3 biggest in Trails. Motherfucking PUNISHED.

First we had JOPs shitting up the threads. Now it's crossbellfags. What's next? CS3fags showing up and shitting on all the games?

I know that Time is associated with demons and hell, Space is associated with angels and shit but what is Mirage associated with?

I think Lloyd's uniform at least is perfect for them being the SSS and not standard police. It's a bit police-y but not an actual uniform.

But doesn't the actual police and detectives dress normally? Lloyd, Elie and Noel are fine too. Randy's casual but it's not that offensive. Only Tio's cat ears and Wazy's everything is questionable.

Sitting on 40 dollars on steam wallet, buy CS1 or Sora 3rd?

3rd, pirate Shit Steel.

I'm saying they're too lax in their operation. Well, I guess Sergei took care of all the bullshit off-screen.

Yeah. She joins permanently halfway through the game.

Being a boy(female)

>enjoy all the games except CS1&2
>CS keeps shitting on the franchise
Erebonia arc is getting really annoying desu

cute girls and wolves

cute loli

Sounds like the worst harry potter fanfic ever

cute

That was their deal remember? Sergei took care of the paper work, and in exchange, they were allowed to do as they pleased, and go under the radar when necessary, so long as they didn't do anything retarded.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think that was Subaru from Nanoha.

Time and Space are basically Dark and Light with fancy name. Mirage is neutral, I guess? Illusion and shit?

>Draw a boy, give him a big breast
Why is this allowed?

The fuck is this? Should i just sell it, or is there anything i can do with it? Also, i noticed i can exchange u-material for zemurian ore shards, so i could potentially get everyone their zemurian weapon in a single run? Probably not gonna do that since it sounds like a waste of time though, or is it a one time purchase thing?

Why though

Sell them. It's your main source of getting money.

>draw an Angelica, call it Lynn

Because Cold Steel is the shittiest game to have ever come out from Falcom.

Eolia is better

>punished Rean meme posters are back
Oh no. I thought this shit was dead when we got actual Rean dialogue.

It's literally just money.

>Exchange u-material for zemurian ore shard
You can farm it until you got 99 shards. It's an NG+ perk.

>exchange u-material for zemurian ore shards
You're on Ng+ and don't know about Sepith mass ?

>tfw the worst game you ever made is a solid 7/10 game

Wew

Maybe he used a clear save. I did the same.

Cs3 is shaping up to be the worst game in the franchise, the Zero Time Dilemma of Falcom. People won't defend it after the first week or month when the illusion of hype wears off.

It's not the worst because Tokyo Xanadu and its retarded boss designs exist.

I downloaded the Clear save and used it to get max bonding points since apparently people were recommending it so i could watch all of the events.

Probably the Steamfags finishing CS.

For the totally lazy.

mega.nz/#!EtVRgYyL!Aso8EtpQOifi_M1lxJ2I9rY5x64GCajpxTPiuW_-um8

chapter saves and extra selection saves,remember to backup your saves.

So wait, this sepith mass is the only thing i can exchange for mira now? I can't exchange some of the actual sepith for money like the previous games? Sounds like getting mira may be more of a pain in the ass in this one.

>tfw he'll die in Cold Steel III

This is what happens when you don't pay attention to the tutorials.

You exchange sepith mass at shops and you can trade the others + mass at an orbal store.

You can exchange the normal sepith too.

You can, but only in orbal store.

So uh, buy CS now or Sora 3rd? Asking again for a more elaborate argument

I don't think i had a tutorial on the orbal store yet, since i just got out of the dorm on chapter 1 and got my first quests. Thanks for the answers anyways.

Sora 3rd hypes up Crossbell, Erebonia and ties up loose ends from Sky such as Kevin's everything.
CS is the start of a new arc and its on discount right now.

I can't blame you then, I did the game 2 time back in 2015 because of theses scenes.

If you want a comfy eastern erebonia field trip with cute girls, go for CS.
If you want a supplementary materials on Trails series as a whole, and also a proper closure to Trails in The Sky, get 3rd.
Honestly I'd go for 3rd because SC lacks an epilogue for all the side characters.

>tfw it's punished Rean who kills his useless annoying ass as an entrance test to joining Ouroboros
Fuck yaaaas. Never liked that skycuck bait of a character. Alfin is superior.

Seems like we're getting new info this week after all. Trailer fucking when?

Dumb Reanfag, fuckof