Bring in car for $9.99 oil change using own oil/filter

>bring in car for $9.99 oil change using own oil/filter
>-30'c winter
>"Sir, your oil cap says 5w20 and you've brought us 0w20. I'm sorry but we won't put this oil in your engine."

Paying other men to do any kind of work on your car is the ultimate forme of cuckoldry. Providing your own oil and filter at a jiffy lube is just plain autism

Who's gonna do an oil change for $10?

Not me but Jew Owner Associate doesn't let anyone work on their car in their garage.

Next door neighbor had a project Porsche 911 and moved as soon as the Jews started fining him.

That's why you close the doors and then no one can see you working on them.

They'll know, they always do.

sounds like you should move as well.
or just do it in the street.

>not living out in the country

They have to prove it to do anything. You're not breaking any agreements otherwise.

Also, this is why you get as much dirt on them as possible and blackmail the shit out of them.

>when you bought a place in the country
>urban sprawls happens
>you now live in suburban hell

One tool box and oil spot on the ground is all they'll need.

just say you were working on your lawnmower.
if you don't have a lawnmower, buy a lawnmower.

This is Canadian tire. I'm not allowed to do changes in the parking lot of my apartment. They do $9.99 oil changes when buy the oil from them.

>land of the free

FUCKING KEK

such a shit hole country.

>not buying the surrounding acres of land surrounding the property

>you can't work on your lawnmower either.

well you live in a shithole then.
even if its some super fancy up class estate, you have fuck all personal freedoms, so its a shithole by default.

>Buying the acres of land for dirt cheap before Urban sprawl
>Sell it once the suburba boom happens
>Buy mansion out in the country
>Pay off local sheriff so you can drive 100+mph on the back roads to your work that Google maps says is an hour away but is only a half hour away at double the speed limit

wtf?
what even is the home owners associates?
is this strictly an in city thing?
i live out in the country and this sounds like a living hell?
dodn't you own the house its your property

Do you live in the DPRK?

>in a house now worth 50x what you paid for it

It’s basically a contract you sign when buying a house in the neighborhood designed to prevent niggery in the suburb (to preserve home values) like don’t let your lawn turn into a jungle and don’t throw massive parties at 3AM with fuckloud speakers and broken glass in the street. A good idea in theory, but I’ve never seen one that wasn’t just a bunch of power-tripping retired boomers with nothing better to do than snoop on other people’s business.

I'm not dumb enough to move in a hoa neighborhood.

wow fuck that

Does that include any form of work? For example, the button to open the boot on my girlfriends Ford focus broke, so I ordered a replacement and fixed it in the driveway. Involved taking out the boot liner and 4 bolts.
Would you get a fine for that?
Also, how would they even know if you had a toolbox, do you have to let them into your home?

Break into their house and cut off their feet. That should give them the message.

Shit I forgot I'm on Veeky Forums.

>be retarded and go to a Valvoline drivethrou oil change to not waste my afternoon
>waste an afternoon trying to pry off the oil filter
>torqued by satan himself
I dont know what I expected

Jesus tittyfucking christ on a pogo stick outside an amsterdam brothel, america. Fuck that noise so many ways they have to invent a new compass. At least you get to have funs, right?

Why would our solution be any less drastic than that? This shit sounds like a great idea.

Why do they even do that? The filter is held on by back pressure from the engine, not torque.

you didnt use a strap wrench?

>20-30 dollars for oil and filter
>10 dollar to pay someone to do it
>30-40 dollar oil change
>still have to deal with bullshit scam attempts and fees like "your cabin air filter is due" and disposal fees along with consumable fees aka paper over your floor mats.

Whats the fucking point of a 9.99 oil change. just diy if you already bought the materials.

Tried and it only slipped. Tried the stab it with a screw driver and twist trick. Nearly ripped the filter in half before it budged. Also the drain bolt was clearly impact wrenched on and no fuking washer either

if there is enough room, stab a screw driver through both sides of the oil filter and use the handle for leverage. the girthier the screw driver the better.

People in real super fancy upper class estates have full time handy men that keep things together at all times.

What OP is in is a pseudo fancy estate that is just a HOA.

oh then nvm. usually works for me when i use my thick driver. get one of these then.

>don't allow boomer faggots on you land
>don't pay any meme fines
>???
what am I missing here?

>what am I missing here?

Contractual obligations

My landlord doesn't allow it in my apartment lot and I literally don't want to change my oil in a Walmart parking lot when the ground is covered in wet mud and slush.

The $9.99 oil change gives you an inspection of many things (alignment measurements, treadlife measurements, coolant pH, other fluid conditions, tire pressure). They obviously lose money on the oil change and try to just get your car in there for the inspection. To me, it's worth it to get upsold to for 2 minutes and say "no" to "do you want this" and "ok" to "your car is this", for a $9.99 oil change and inspection.

You also have to buy the oil and filter from them, but I generally do anyway because it's the cheapest place to buy oil from. I get jugs of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum for $22 every time.

>You lived there before the hoa was a thing and you can do whatever the fuck you want

So the meme organisation can enforce their rules through the polis?

buy a house in a non shit area

>Just use an impact gun to torque it so we don't have to use a crush washer

>You also have to buy the oil and filter from them
so the 9.99 is just to get a foot in the door tactic. fuck that place.

id rather deal with the slush than deal with that and these

Yes? You signed a contract lmao

They'll put a lien on your house for unpaid dues/fines.

>$10 oil change
>willingly paying highschool dropouts to fuck your car up for ten bucks

I dont see the problem.

>be me
>22
>work at lube shop
>guy comes in with new Honda
>requires 0w20 syn
>guy brought his own oil 10w30
> we tell him wrong oil
>says its what he wants
>do oil change
> comes back month later demanding we pay for his car to be repaired, $500+
Says he went to Honda since his CEL came on, Honda wont cover it since he used wrong oil there for voiding warranty

>They don't time their oil changes with the inclement weather

Last filter change was in november when it hit 50 (in missouri, thank god for global warming). Next one won't be until I cross 6k miles, which'll probably be around mid feb.

Please tell me you guys aren't seriously changing your oil every 3k miles.

One of the cardinal rules of Canadian life is to never ever take your car your Cambodian Tire.

You know chad keeps that oil for his gti and puts in the low end shit right?

why would anyone willingly buy a house in a HOA neighborhood

They're idiots.

>rx8
>5w20 recommend because muh epa requirements
>too thin to protect anything
>causes premature main bearing and stationary gear failure
>switch to 10w40
>engine no longer feels sluggish when hot
>oil temps drop 20 degrees

Oil recommendations are a comprise between protection and emissions.

The absolute state of burgers

Imagine submitting to this level of cuckery

our local canadian tire has all the failed red seal mechanics in it lul the service writers are morons tho

That doesn't even make sense
They don't own the neighborhood
You own your house
How the actual fuck can they kick you out for working on something in your garage?

Because when you signed the mortgage you agreed to abide by their rules. Its a lawful contract between you and the home owner association.

>(alignment measurements, treadlife measurements, coolant pH, other fluid conditions, tire pressure).
They do fucking none of this, especially that coolant pH part they aren't pulling out litmus paper and your coolant pH isn't going to shift in any direction at all.

and if they do any of this its to try and scam you into buying shit you don't need

The problem here is that 5w20 and 0w20 are practically the same thing. There are so many more cars that take 0w20 over 5w20 and 5w30 over 0w30, that your car at a dealership will be filled with either 0w20 or 5w30, because they don't bother carrying 5w20 in bulk.

work on it outside

except that's wrong.
0w20 is going to basically be strictly full synthetic where as you can buy cheap ass fucking synblend recycled 5w20 for pennies on the dollar compared to

The thing I meant is there is no application of 5w20 that 0w20 isn't just as good or better than. For all intents and purposes there is no more cars made for "5w20" oil because there's no reason to not use 0w20.

when you sign the mortgage? what? is the realtor and bank not allowed to sell me the house if don't sign the HOA? how could that possibly be enforced, especially if the home was paid off or something?

Liability, the guy will come back blaming you for any issues because you put the wrong oil in.

how the fuck are they allowed to do that, it's your goddamn property
also why the fuck would they do that, it's not like you're bothering anyone by wrenching on your own car

how do people not know about this? If this upsets you, you don't even want to know what it's like to own property on a lake in America

>designed to prevent niggery in the suburb (to preserve home values)
found your problem you cuck. you subhumans are so triggered at the thought people might live differently than you you'll happily throw your freedom away

When you sign the mortgage paperwork you then go into the HOA office of where you moved into and sign some more paper work and get your bar code stickers to get through the gate.

If you keep fucking up in an HOA, you get warnings or something in the mail and if you keep fucking up they will hit you with a fine.
If you dont pay the fines they will keep fining you then end up putting a lean on the home.

Luckily where I live the HOA does not give a shit if I have a loud car or work on it all day.

>Impact wrenched drain plug
Now that's the stuff nightmares are made off.

>Come home from work
>Car in garage, close the door
>Set-up oil extractor and let it work
>Remove filter and replace while the extractor is working
>Remove extractor
>Pour in new oil
>Place cap on the extractor container
>Take to a local oil disposal place and just pout it into their oil drum

Done. No real noise, no oil anywhere and if your filters mounted at the top no need to jack the car up either. I can change my oil in 20 mins with the extractor and 1 32mm socket + ratchet

>get fined
>don't pay it

oh wow, big whoop, what're they gonna do about it?

Don’t know about OP’s HOA but most will threaten legal action for unpaid fines.. technically you sign a paper saying you will abide by dumbass rules like the one OP said

Don't sign the paper?

Can't move in if you don't

Stop bringing your car to Walmart.

Good ideas if it weren't for property taxes

I'm at least smart enough to move into an HOA neighborhood that allows residents to work on their own cars.

guaranteed nigger free environment

how can they force you to sign it though? of course, I've never purchased my own home, but the only way I could see that happening was if a home owner associate owned the home and wouldn't sell to somebody if they didn't.

the way I saw it, a home purchase only goes through either the home owner and you, or the home owner, the bank your mortgage is coming from, and you. how can you have any legal requirement to sign an HOA?

all I know is my father's home exists before an HOA came to be around here, and along with everyone else who didn't sign, he fucking hates HOA members that live around in the neighborhood. nobody actually listens to them here.

why not? how could you be forced to sign an HOAA if none of them own the house, especially if the home is paid off and the deed belongs to the resident? I feel like you can only be forced into one if you're renting.

I'll also add that if it's gated, would they be able to force you out of your home you own if they don't approve you for access? what if the community isn't gated, since I know a lot of HOAs aren't gated.

>mfw the HOA is too scared to do anything but send letters
>me and friends have cars on jacks in my driveway and friend's driveway
>angry Ukrainian HOA lady complains to us in person and we just tell her to away and send another complaint

They bought the house from the land developer, therefore buying the association rights, and sold the public houses without association rights. Therefore you have to abide by the HOA rules if you CHOOSE to live there. Nobody is forcing you to sign anything, you don’t like it? Leave

>is canadia

>buy a house
>cant even do an oil change on your own driveway

christ on a bike

you can't buy a house in a HOA without signing their agreements. it's part of the closing process. if you don't sign the sale doesn't go through.

put down a slab of cardboard and change it in the walmart lot
>not too hard now was it

>finding a slab of cardboard
>stuffing it in my car along with all my tools
>place cardboard on ground
>do oil change and get oil on hands n shit
>find somewhere to dispose of the cardboard on foot because I don't want a piece of cardboard soaked in mud anywhere in my car or apartment
>dumpsters are all locked up to get homeless people to go away
>Oh Walmart doesn't recycle oil anymore and tells you to bring it elsewhere
>drive to some oil bin outside of city limits
>go home
>unload tools from car
>go to work, deliver pizza once and make $30
>realize you wasted all your time and gas on that bullshit instead of paying $9.99

If you are a person with a little bit of brain, you plan it, and not just wing it.

This desu, easiest to time oil changes with fall and spring; good opportunity to swap out summer/winter tires too while the car is jacked up

I'm not defending them, but imagine if you were trying to sell your house and your neighbour had a scrapyard of broken down cars in their front yard while your other neighbour's house looks overgrown&abandoned

it just doesn't look good for the neighbourhood as a whole which is why they do this shit to maintain a nice looking neighbourhood