Given car

So my lovely parents gave me a fully paid for 2009 Honda Pilot LX(Base model)

It's great and works well with only 158000km on.

My only problem is that i am a single male and do not need a 7 seater SUV. Bless my parents but this car is making me poor.

Any advice for me on selling it? Ive been offered $7500 but that seems quite low as its in perfect running and cosmetic shape.

Im considering selling it to a dealer because i dont have time for all thats required for private viewings and dont want to get Tim bosma'd .

Thanks

i would feel kinda bad for selling something that was given to me for free but maybe thats just me

Don't be retarded. The amount of fuel $7,500 can buy when you delta the Pilot's MPGs vs a smaller car means you keep the free one.

A free, working, registered car is worth alot even if you have to put more "petrol" or what ever commie unit you use given the mileage you provided was in KMs.

What you need to do is find someone who has a decent small car but has twins on the way so they need a bigger vehicle. Then just trade with them.

Delta the pilot?

this is what you get for not driving a < 2 liter 4 cylinder turbo engine

where do you live that a honda pilot is expensive to drive?

a little extra cargo space is usually worth the slightly more money you'll pay at the pump.

Bitches love SUVs.

Trust me, the moment you start getting interested in girls, you'll thank yourself for keeping the honda pilot. You can fit a queen airbed inside it between the wheel arches and go "camping" for long weekends.

You will thank yourself for keeping the car through college as well.

You will thank yourself for keeping the maintained car long in the future.

You're fucked if you buy some beater car with an unknown history versus your mint thirsty whore.

what the fuck are you going to do with all that cargo space, get rid of that boat and get something appropriate for your age and sex.

Keep it. The pilots arent as bargy like the typical gm trash full size suv i drive. Am sure the gas isnt as bad either. I avg 14.4 in my fat fuck land whale. Besides it was a gift not many ppl have the opportunity to get a free beater, let alone a properly kept fairly new one. You know its reliable no shady hidden shit so why risk it? Its your first car anyways.

It's generally not worth selling something and buying something else for MPG reasons. It may seem like the MPGs are hurting you, but run the numbers and look at it truthfully.

I'd keep it. It's a relatively new car with low kms in good shape. Go donate blood once a month to offset your fuel costs.

>Im considering selling it to a dealer

and they'll promptly offer you $4500 when you could sell it for 7500.

What in the fucking fuck is wrong with people that sell cars like this to dealers? Is it downs?

Its one thing to trade in a new car where they will offer a much more competitive rate but they will offer you 60% of what you COULD get on the private market.

You'll be downgrading if you trade that thing in, very dumb and stupid.

keep it. keep it. keep it. you won't save any noticeable amount of money in gas after you inevitably lose your ass on the sale, and you won't make enough money selling it to get something better

Op is very smart

This guy gets it.

Keep the car. You know where it's been and how well it's been taken care of. If you buy another car (especially off of Craigslist) it's a freaking crapshoot.

Plus it's a dick move to turn around and sell the car your parents gifted you.

A 7 seater suv can hold 6 girls in it. Get creative

unless you buy a cheaper car for MPG reasons

Keep it, seriously, Sounds like your parents bought it new, which is 10x better than the second hand rebuilt crap you'll find for sale. clean it up nice, and show your parents you give a shit. And before you sell it to a dealer why not just loan it to a crack head or push it off a cliff, your parents would probably respect you more.

you know what you have right now and you wont know what you get when you trade it in for a smaller vehicle.

bsides have you actually thought of what you are going to 'save' when downgrading to a smaller vehicle? unless you do a fat ass commute I bet its not more than a hundred a month. and for a hundred a month you have the choice to drive in a respectable car which gives a good impression rather than an eco shitbox

You won't get Bosma'd if you meet in a police station parking lot.

Sorry, m'dude, if a Honda Pilot is making you poor, you quite literally are poor.

>Im considering selling it to a dealer

You are complaining about fuel costs making you poor, but then want to sell the car to a dealer who will offer you 60% of its market price? Get real. Unless you drive hundreds of kilometers every week, you aren't gonna lose more money on fuel than on selling the car for cheap and then buying some shitbox.
The only reason to sell your car to a dealer is when you're buying a new one and the dealer/manufacturer's discount for trading in an old shitbox is bigger than the money you're losing on the sale.

>My only problem is that i am a single male and do not need a 7 seater SUV.

Well, leave the 3rd row seats in your parents' garage if you hate them. A large car is useful for hauling around furniture, going on trips with friends, etc.

This, you fucking ingrate. What kind of young single male doesnt have a need for an SUV? Go make some friends for christs sake.