Sim Upgrade

As with alot of Veeky Forumsfags I've been in to Gran Turismo and Forza and shit for a while.
Last year I got my first wheel, a Logitech GT (the one that came with GT4) with a seat/stand for $60, and I've played GT6 and a few low end PC games with it.
Well now that GT6 is officially dying in March, I'm starting to try and figure out what my next move will be.
>Option 1
My PC isn't all that great and I'm currently using both vid outputs for basic windows stuff, so I'd have to add a vid card and upgrade the power supply.
>Option 2
I'm super cheap so ebay is the only way, and I could get a cheapo low end used wheel for xbone or ps4
>Option 2a
Xbox One and Forza (whatever number they're on now) seems like an okay game
>Option 2b
PS4 has GTsport, but I don't like the way that they pretty much only have Online mode and my only internet at home is my shitty hotspot b/c I live in the boonies
>Option 3
Buy a cheapo adapter and raspberry pi to adapt my current wheel to work with things other than ps3
>Option 4
Obviously not going to happen b/c I'm super cheap and I'd rather spend money on my car, but I could go ham on a VR rig

>manchildren shit

wasn't sure whether to hit Veeky Forums, /v/, or /g/
I'll be on my way then

Save up and upgrade your pc.

if you want realism stick with the pc sims

if you just want a good driving experience with variety stick with the console stuff

>realism
I have real cars to race lol

>if you just want a good driving experience with variety stick with the console stuff

Would you suggest Forza or GT b/c I'm not into the arcade type games like Horizons or NFS. If I want an arcade racer I'll play Outrun 2.

get thrustmaster tmx, or the ps4 equivalent, and get assetto corsa, if you do upgrade pc, get raceroom and rfactor 2 when on sale, sims >>>>> forza/gt when using a ffb wheel, and the tmx is the best cheap wheel, build a rig with parts from a thrift reseller (restore in states) or get some free wood from craigslist or something to build one

If you're just gonna place gt/forza, just use a controller with some of those extender things on the sticks, wheels suck on those games, the support for them is added as an afterthought

I think it's called the T300 RS, but if I upgrade my PC I'm just gonna keep my old wheel and use that.

I know it's super hard to drift with slow mechanical feedback, but fighting it is kind of a workout and I like it. I was much faster on GT3 with a controller, but the button stroke is so much shorter on PS3 than PS2 that it's impossible to modulate throttle and I refuse to dual stick like FPS b/c I hate FPS games.

well idk man, but its pretty eye opening to play something like assetto after forza, its like comparing forza to gta driving or something, its so much more detailed

also you can dl live for speed demo and get an idea of how your wheel will feel in a sim, it'll run on a toaster, raceroom is free too (with a small amount of content) it might run on low settings, looks like a 360 game or something, also that nascar 2003 game thats so revered, forgot name

I'm not a graphics hound by any standard
I'm more concerned with content and feel, but I do have standards.
I can excuse my low end PC not showing certain shadows or something or only running at a certain level, but a console game running modern hardware/software, should do everything asked of it.

also I'm probably going to pirate almost any PC game I get into if possible.

well definitely check out AC on console, maybe PCcars2 as well, although I never played that one

well just get this tmx wheel, I got mine for 250, but thats with the nice pedals, the cheaper pedal set is only 150, and you can just get a lower end gpu like 1050 and it'll run sims just fine, even the forza 6 apex is free anyway. So a used tmx + 1050 used will be like 200, way cheaper than a new console + games and wheel, and you won't need a new power supply with that basic of a card.

Used G27 off Craigslist, play Sims on PC

honestly hadn't thought of craigslist for some reason, but there again if I buy a wheel I'm getting one that will be okay with current systems.
Like a Logitech G29 or Thrustmaster T300RS for PS4/PC or Logitech G920 for Xbone/PC
I don't think G27 works with PS4, and if I simply upgrade my PC then I can use my current rig until it quits.

Pretty sure the G27 would work fine on PS4 but I can't say for sure because I've never tried it.

GT Sport has a campaign now, with the same old races like gt6, Sunday cup, Miata cup, etc

A quick google says you have to use some chronusmax adapter thing to get it to work on PS4

here's what you do, you go out around midnight or 1am and start driving the streets you find a nice pretty girl on a corner somewhere she will randomly spawn why you are looking away, you pull up next to her and say "i want the full sim upgrade experience" she will either get in and give you what you need or you will be murdered on site. take your chances and see...but if you get the full sim experience you will cum your jordache jeans so fast they will turn into pure 100% columbian whitewash jeans. it's worth it bro sauce.

i wanna meet your dealer

I got a T300RS GT and it's much better than the g29, but I'm having trouble on pc. I think I fucked up on pc but otherwise it feels really good with it's ffb.

I am all the way down town for this deal.

I found a G27 with a chronosmax adapter on CL for $300
For that price I could get a G29
Anyone used one of these adapter things?
I don't want to have to keep it plugged into my PC all the time in order to use it, but it may be a good alternative since I could upgrade my PC and get an adapter to play on both PC and console, and it would still prolly be around my budget.
Plus I wouldn't have another wheel laying around.

the moment you spend more than $1000 on a racing rig you don't deserve to live anymore.

I think I'm gonna just upgrade my PC and maybe eventually get a chronus adapter for when I want to do console stuff.
I enjoy playing truck simulator from time to time and it does get a bit boring on lowest settings.
Maybe I'll upgrade my wheel one day. I've always wanted a clutch, but I guess this isn't a poorfags game.
If I didn't have actual cars to take care of then I would be on board to get into VR and stuff, but I'd rather go cheap on this and spend the big bux on tires and upgrades for IRL cars.

I've got $60 invested so far not including games and all the stuff I've played on PC I've pirated so I've got a ways to go before seppuku

Once you've spent $1000, you could have bought a clunker, gutted it and put new brake fluid/pads/tires on it and have a car you could actually take to the track.

I've actually got a few candidates for 24hrs of Lemons around here, but no friends who want to commit to race with me.

>Option 5 AKA "best option"
Keep steering wheel
Buy GOAT Turismo 5 (you probably already have it)
DON'T FUCKING UPDATE IT FUUUUUUUU
Keep playing the best Gran Turismo until you die

how did I miss that?
thanx user