Have you ever hated a car but years later turned 180° and want it now?

Yes.

I have no idea why I used to hate back when it came out, but now it's my realistic dream car.

Want one with manual.

>I have no idea why I used to hate back when it came out
probably because styling gets more absurd with every new release, making the older ones look almost elegant and clean

I thought it looked ok back then, nowadays I think it's the last good looking 3-series.

My friend recently got a E90 318i as a first car, I have ridden in it a couple of times and I think it's just top-tier comfy.

I can only daydream of how it would feel to DD a 330i with a manual tranny.

Just need to gather 6k.

Maybe not 180 but I hated the cross-eyed frog Taurus when it came out, and couldn't imagine buying one, but when offered the opportunity to grab one for near scrap value I couldn't turn it down. After getting it running it's actually pretty nice. I can live with the ovals and football radio, but the front end is still ugly.

Yeah, it's certainly not a beauty

>not getting the fastugly combo

Don't get a 4cyl gasoline E90, those engines are fucking trash

4cyl diesel are good though, and the 6cyl gasoline are bretty good too

I own a facelift 320D, and it's fucking great, if you're getting a 2.0 i'd reccommend a diesel, 320i is around 150hp / 200nm torque if i remember correctly, my 320d is 184hp / 380nm, and with a simple remap it can be between 230-250hp / 450-500nm, and gets much better gas mileage

On topic, i used to hate the E39 BMW, thought it was the most boring and bland looking of all the BMWs, i literally laughed at people who bought it, i've now owned 2, a 523 and 530i M-Sport, and the 530i is by far the best looking and most fun car i've ever owned

Nope.

I hated the Lancia Stratos as a kid because video games.

I got better at video games by understanding the physics they're trying to replicate, and now love the Lancia Stratos.

Same for going from preferring FF to preferring MR. It mostly was me being shit at video games and then getting to be not shit at video games. Also MR cars just tend to look really cool, like the MR2, the NSX, and the Stratos.

I hated the Model S because I thought it was a electrical shit heap

Yup i hated the FC so much and thought it was the ugliest piece of shit car but at the same time loved the FD. Now its my favourite RX.

>200nm
must be more. for a relatively recent 2.0 diesel this would be laughably weak. gasoline polo weak.

How in the FUCK could you ever hate this car?

yeah i said the 320i, which is the gasoline variant, has 200nm, which is indeed laughable

the 320d (2.0 diesel) has 340-380nm, depending on the exact engine, which is plenty for a "base model"

I hated the C4 corvette. It's now the only one I'd consider getting. Hated most 80s cars as a kid in the 90s in general, but that flipped as they started getting closer to 30 years old. Same shit is slowly happening to 90s non-sports cars now.

No, I hate plenty of cars I used to like tho. Just part of your taste bettering.

You were right

I didn't want the 318i, I always thought the engine has been shit ever since I was a kid who didn't know any better.

I was praising the E90 in general.

>I want a post-2000s BMW with a manual

Good luck, they may as well have been auto only.

BMWs in general.
I used to hate the kidneys and how they forced them onto every single car, but now I think they actually look pretty good, especially on the E30/32/34.

Yes.

I used to hate porsches and I thought they were ugly, boring, and exclusively for tasteless badgewhores.
Now I can see they're the ultimate enthusiast car and the best manufacturer and they're almost exclusively bought by badgewhores

>realistic dream car.
>bmw 330
what? Are you homeless with massive debt or something?

Subaru WRXs. I previously hated them for being ricer shit for vapekids, but at some point I realized I wouldn’t necessarily mind a blobeye GDB.

same i used to hate them because of the chavs and gopnics always driving the cheap cars.
Now that they have moved over to audi I appreciate bmw for what it is:
A dirt cheap base with reasonable qaulities for a rwd project/race car.
M models I now appreciate as the good ones.
Still don't see a point of ever owning one.

>No, I hate plenty of cars I used to like tho. Just part of your taste bettering.
Or maybe because you let this board color your opinions to much since everyone here hates every car

Doubt it, I dislike a lot of cars that people jerk over on here.

front wheel drive hot hatches

use to be a snob, but I can totally see the appeal now when most new sports cars are big heavy and not very practical

they've started coming with decent power-trains now too, gti's, mini's, civics and focus's are immensely tunable

I thought saabs we're goofy as shit, ugly, and pointless.

I own 3 now, the 900 is goofy as shit, but for good reasons. I can see how people think the 900s are ugly.

I agree with this.I Hated 4 doors and hatches and my previous car was a 02 mustang gt. It was heavy, no cargo area, bad brakes, shit suspension, and unreliable. It looked cool and did burnouts but it was unreliable and uncomfortable. Plus beaners and niggers started driving them so I got a focus st. I can make fuckloads more power for cheaper compared to the 4.6.

kinda regret not buying a ultra low mile first gen NSX a few years back. Could've got it for $18k.
I didn't like how they looked at the time.

Literally Ferarri. Almost every car guy goes through the three stages of Ferarri.

> 1. I love Ferarri
I know nothing about cars but know Ferarri and it's a fast sports car so it's cool.

> 2. I hate Ferarri
I now know a bit about cars and have learned about other brands and I know other cars are faster than Ferarri so I think they're overrated and shit.

> 3. I like Ferarri
I am decently informed about cars and finally figure out that speed and laptimes mean next to nothing and Ferarri makes cars about the driver experience which is much more important and pretty cool.

I'm so sad that no other cars have the ignition in the center console

No, I just blew my high school graduation present on a Jetta.

I'm saving for a 330i working in a call center.

If you are implying they are rare, I thought so too until I scoured dozens of CL ads.

I concluded that BMWs with stick are not rare at all.

Yep hated anything that wasn't Japanese then I got a Cressida and I learned to hate nipshit especially from the 80-00s cheap interior bad i6 design stupid over complicated dumb vac and electrical stuff.

Only drive usdm Ford gm and Aussie cars now

Fox Body, C4, basically anything from the 80’s especially Jap shitboxes. It’s a literal reverse now.

I used to hate suzukis, and their cyclops headlight, and now I have one

Yep.

I feel the same way, but not everyone likes the boxiness of the 1980's for some it kinda grows on them after a while. I never had anything against the FC, but I didn't always appreciate a lot of the boxier lines of the 80's.