Fiat is going to drop the Abarth

Speculation is that Fiat is going to stop maing the 500 in the US.

Get an abarth for 8k used while you still can bois.

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2018/01/08/fiat-brand-disastrous-end-difficult-year/1013536001/
youtu.be/pRNWlVTUxq0
carconfigurator.fiat.com/WSCC_Utilities/PDFprint.aspx?confID=CC1EFC56-36AB-44A6-9DB6-24F95EE05307
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

making*

usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2018/01/08/fiat-brand-disastrous-end-difficult-year/1013536001/

Thank god, such an awful car

Fiat made a 2018 model for both the spider and the 500l and 500x. The normal 500 still has not received a 2018 model.

It may not be the fastest thing in the world, but it is fun though. I own one and its the most fun car i ever owned. Wish it was AWD though.

How true are the CELs issues?

Engine noise on this thing was hilarious/glorious but I could see it getting old very very fast.

And I had to get The One Car so I got something that's along the lines of no fun allowed but won't leave you stranded.

How long before they drop the entire Chrysler namesake?

Nope,the engine is really reliable The Abarth version comes with a built motor and a built tranny

And not a single fuck will be given. It's a Fiat product, you know how painfully unreliable they are? Fiats are so unreliable they sit at the bottom on the list of reliability.

If you look at the reports it shows that the drive train is reliable. The only problem is the build quality in the interior and the side skirts. All of which are easy fixes.

my friend had a Abart get lemon lawed. Transmission replaced twice, and then electrical grimlins, when he would turn on turn signals all the rest the lights would go out.

>spend $8k-10k on an Abarth
>keep it for 12 months, struggle to sell it for $4k
car isn't worth the headache or damage to your bank account. very small used market looking for a 6 speed manual toy car from an italian brand that could go defunct at any moment

>guys look how cheap this car is!
>doesn't understand it's cheap for a reason
Lol brainlet

I played this car in AC and its an absolute touge monster, is it irl too?

sounds like the earlier models are horrible to own but as the years went on they worked the kinks out
still, not close to japanese reliability but probably better than most german brands
plus it's just FUN as FUCK

had mine for a year now with no problem

Yup. bear mountain was no match for me.

I respect your opinion, but many great cars are cheap. The NA miata is cheap as hell, yet it is my favorite car.

let us know how fun it is to sell it. i can only imagine the scummy neets that wanna test drive. so, then you trade it in (towards something bigger, of course), and a dealer will soak you for a few grand

this. and ive driven one quite a bit. fun to drive...not a car i could own...unless i was some high school kid

I don't plan on selling it any time soon. I am 19 and its my first car i bought myself. Depreciation is a bitch i know, but i wanted a fun performance car for not that much money.

That can happen to any car.

They any good for highway driving? feel like the abart 500 would have lots of wind noise

Ok this is an issue. There is ALOT of wind noise, but if you drive like an asshole like me you will mainly just hear that sweet sweet exhaust note.

It never gets old.

It's cheap because it's old, fiat 500 abarth is not old.

>Engine noise on this thing was hilarious/glorious but I could see it getting old very very fast.
Someone somewhere near me got one the other year and for the longest time I was like
>wtf actually is making that sound
Never expected it was coming from that little thing. Pretty neat, but I can imagine it getting old being quite that loud an attention-getting when you get on it.

Remember that the American Abarths (except the 124 of course) are made in Mexico and are of lower quality than the European ones.

Our 500 and 595/695 are perfectly fine, we have the restyling model with more options, trims and even an LSD if you buy the performance pack.

>getting tired of this
>ever

youtu.be/pRNWlVTUxq0

Ignore those fags.

engine and tranny are strong as Fuck and can handle a lot, its the electrical issues that are cancerous

I'm almost 100% convinced you're being paid by shiat

I wish ;-)

Wouldn't be a cool job if you got a free car and some supplemental income to spend a few hours a week shitposting on Veeky Forums about it? I'd totally do it.

Living the dream, muh friend.

if you do hook me up with a job
>t. yellow punto

Why would you drive that if you could drive a SWIFT?

kys 0utsider

later

Nice car! I love everything abarth.

Why won't you let me love my car QQ. It may not be the greatest but I love it.

ptchan.net

Lucky USA losing a piece of shit FCA product

If it wasn't for women they would be bankrupt

>cheapest 500 Abarth in my area is $9000

where do you guys live with such cheap shitboxes?

Jesus fucking christ, I'm Italian and here every single Abarth hold its value to the point it's cringe looking for used ones.

Since we have different trims and power levels you can spec a 595 way over 30.000€ (which is crazy but they sell...), also the nice models are still in the 20.000€ area.

The entry level starts from 19.900€ and has 145 hp (can be elaborated to 160 hp for 2100€) and is a 595 base with basically no options, if you add something basic it ends like pic related...

The most expensive thing I added is the Record Monza (1250€)

carconfigurator.fiat.com/WSCC_Utilities/PDFprint.aspx?confID=CC1EFC56-36AB-44A6-9DB6-24F95EE05307

Once I found pic related model in promo @ 14.000€ but it was the absolute base model that costs 19.900€, discounted.

>Abarth is a performance car
>160hp
The whole car looks hilarious like a clown car or something and it's funny to see them slap Abarth stickers on the sides like Porsches have ahaha

>implying horsepower is everything.
Power to weight ratio nigger.

Only amerimutts hate the car
Pic related, the average amerimutt

Its power to weight is about on par with a Miata, a car constantly made fun of for being slow. Nice performance machine fag.

>Implying that straight line speed is everything

0-60 is 6.7 seconds. Pretty quick if you ask me. Especially for an A segment car

In what world is 6.7 quick? 1990?
>Implying the Abarth can corner high speed with that tiny wheelbase

>implying you actually tried to corner in a real abarth.
>implying 0-60 in 6.7 is slow for an a segment car
Typical mutt.

I own one and can confirm you can take a tight corner at a high speed.

Ciao!

Sembra che hai fatto un piccolo errore nel tuo post. Fortunatamente, gli utenti di Veeky Forums sono volenterosi nell'aiutarti a risolvere questo problema immediatamente! Sembra che hai usando un tripcode nel postare, ma la tua identità non ha niente a che fare con questa conversazione! Whoops! Dovresti sempre ricordarti di smettere d'usare tripcode quando il thread nella quale fu usato è andato, a meno che un altro è partito! Postarlo con un tripcode quando non è necessario è maleducazione. Dovresti sempre provare a postare in maniera anonima, a meno che la tua identità è di vitale importanza nel post che stai facendo.

Adesso, non è necessario che mi ringrazi, sto solo facendo il mio lavoro nell'aiutarti a sentiti a tuo agio nella cultura delle image-board anonime!

Sei ritardato? Mjet è portoghese.

I think a fiat 500 would've been fun as fug with the 250 hp v4 aprilia rs-fw engine

Nice google translation

It's still fun as fug. The multiair engine is one badass sounding engine.