/twg/ - Total War General

Slav Edition

A bunch of Norsca stuff has been released by YouTubers.

30 Regiments of Renown for CA 30th Anniversary:
youtube.com/watch?v=yz7qXNJglxI

Norsca (Throgg) Campaign Gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=qO8OtI0FQMg&t=4s

Norsca Roster:
totalwar.com/blog/norsca-army-roster/

Norsca Racepack CGI trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=RbrbDa9EBR0

Mini-campaigns are gone, 4 LL packs instead
totalwar.com/blog/early-adopter-post-launch/

Dark Elves Roster Reveal:
totalwar.com/blog/dark-elf-army-roster/

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Dark Elves In-Engine Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=zB6FaGBz0Lo

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 - High Elves Let's Play
youtube.com/watch?v=D-8RQCwevAk

Total War Saga Announcement Blog
totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog/

New Race Pack for TWWH1, New DLC for past historical game and other stuff:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17/

Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=g3CmxjTFv_Y
Lizardmen Roster Reveal:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/

High Elf Roster Reveal:
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Announcement Cinematic Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Last thread Screenshot sharing and campaign posting encouraged!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uYW7I4v_0xc
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=904487915
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1093265678
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1099294464
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Slavs

BEST GOOD GUY FACTION WHEN?!

alright thanks lad. I guess I should be too surprised there isn't a list, given how poor of a job CA does at providing any sort of information on changes/new shit they add

>Screenshot sharing and campaign posting encouraged!

Whats the point of even mentioning something thats been the norm since forever?

Its like going to a restaurant and telling costumers "EATING AND DRINKING IS ENCOURAGED!"

Hight Elfs soon

I said good guys..

I don't know but when someone removed it a few weeks back I saw some (not many but a few) posts complaining about it and saying stuff like "Well, it IS a fantasy OP hue hue." So when I make a new thread I keep it, just to avoid any potential shitstorm it might cause.

Time to slaughter

>implying

There's people around that have the gal to sit and try to eat/drink stuff that they got from outside

Some people need reminding of simple things.

Will Tomb Kings have ranged infantry?

Oh sorry
but Wood elfs alredy in game

Rate autism levels. Who is the biggest autist of Warham universe?
>Tomb Kangz
>Would unrelentingly hunt you to the end of the world just because you borrowed some random trinkets from them and will never stop until you're dead
>Dawi
>Would raze down the fortress they built because they were short-changed by 1 coin

Now with actual complete post numbers for responding to.

G O B L I N S

Yes. They have archers. And artillery. And giant statue archers.

They're really putting pressure on the units on the gate but most of them are now dead

Knights doing well to smash their lancers and now to trap them in, hopefully without impaling themselves on the stakes

High elves are good guys, this isn't one of your 21st century webcomics where the blonde guys in shining armour are all evil. Nobody are as nice as the high elves in WHF, flawed as they may be.

Surely that many battering rams weren't necessary?

REMINDER THAT SIGVALD

1: Killed Krell with his bare hands.

2. Defeated Gilles the Breton and routed his Grail Knights.

3. Was only killed by Throg because he was emotionally crippled at his temporary loss of beauty and wasn't paying attention/didn't care.

Dwai, hands down, easy.

>It's Archaon running away from you after violent defeat, waiting until chaos respawn again episode

Just fucking give up you dumb piece of shit

>Nobody are as nice as the high elves in WHF

Sure, if you're a High Elf.

Dawi autism is on a whole other level

Think the AI just makes sure to use all of its build points and they can only build rams on forts so they end up with all that shit

Mortars did take out the first one

That little bar lies doesn't it?

going to fight it anyway

youtube.com/watch?v=uYW7I4v_0xc
Our boy darren covers all the norscan monsters
>cygor rocks split upon impact and ricochet

Grace

Only 9 days until the embargo ends

The sleepy toads are always a good contender.

The Rome 1 and Medieval 2 forts look so nice but I can't remember ever using them myself. I think I saw do it once or twice though.

Some Tomb Kings don't care as much when you steal their shit, Dwarfs will autistically hunt you down

Also Tomb Kings don't keep a measure of grudges in general like the Dwarfs do- like if you try and raid the Tomb Kings and are repulsed they won't always plan a reprisal whereas the Dwarfs will write down in their grudge books that you tried to fuck with them and then at some point- maybe a thousand years after your death- the descendants of the Dorfs you wronged will come and assrape your descendants.

It's true that Tomb Kings will fuck up your descendants centuries later if they find out where their stolen shit is, but for the tomb kings it's personal since Settra has existed for 5000 years. For the Dwarfs they're basically going around and settling grudges that were written down thousands of years ago by their ancestors.

Also Dwarfs can literally attain semi-immortality if they're pissed off enough that they want to personally settle a grudge done against them.

You also forgot Chaos Dwarfs, who also engage in the practice of grudges but are more destructive when settling a grudge (I guess they're kind of like Aztecs in that they use grudges to get slaves and sacrifices)

the giants special ability is exploding fart? Seriously?

Jesus fucking Christ.

This is some high-tier autism.

>Spend all his money to build a new pc when finally get a job
Literally /ourguy/

>temporary loss of beauty
What's the story behind that?

On the other hand, if you don't settle grudges.

Holy fuck, what a wild fight it was. That fuck managed to slip through my lands and attacked unwalled Grunburg and the only force I had nearby is Elector Count with attached high-level Captain on Pegasi, so these guys + garrison was the only force to save Grunburg from being sacked again (it was destroyed by slippery Elves few turns ago).

The fight actually started pretty OK, my handgunners and crossbowmen sniped Helman Ghorst and Necromancer was quickly killed by Captain. Front line engagement went ok with flanking militia and Outriders. One of the Terrogheist then got stuck in aerial combat against my captain and was supported by Handgunners and second have been chasing my crossbowmen and militia around. The aerial fight went kinda badly, Captain was almost dead because I think my Handgunners did way more damage to captain than the beast, but at least we killed it.

But fuck me, the remaining beast then decided to swoop on my lord and almost killed him in a few auto attacks, then captain that was rushed to help broke and my whole front line got terror routed, save for Outriders who were kinda far from the battle. Half of my army ran away to the south and got chased by Terrorgheist, while another half got chased away by two remaining Grave guard squads and some skellies and zombies.

I managed to kite away relatively healthy Grave Guard squad with my Outriders away from routing forces while south lines got rallied back by Elector Count and Captain. I then started ganging up on a beast with my remaining troops while trying to keep my captain and Lord close to lines to keep their morale up. Meanwhile, Knights, Swordsmen and Halberds than ran away to other direction finally got their shit together and managed to relatively easily to kill an overextended grave guard with skelies and then rushed to south to help kill that damned beast. It finally crumbled and rest of the battle was easy. Wew.

What was Lord Hua-hua's opinion about the Younger races?

All elves in Warhammer are dicks. The High Elves are only good in the sense that they hate Chaos and eventually allied with the Empire against Chaos forces.

Wood Elves are the least bad elves overall since they mostly just keep to themselves.

Bretonnia, the Empire and the Dwarfs are probably the three most good factions in their ability to understand others and make treaties based on mutual benefit without having ulterior motives sent from space gods or just generally being assholes who will stab you in the back if shit goes south.

Well done, user

>Warrior of Chaos gets couple settlements in the Chaos wastes zone
>They cannot occupy any other city beyond Chaos wastes. Neither Norsca.

Would this fix this absolutely boring faction?

What did the vanilla factions get?

Smashed his face in with Krells skull

In his fight with Krell, he was injured and became "ugly". Since he is Slaaneshs adopted son, this was devastatin to him. This gave Throgg an opportunity to smash Sigvalds skull in and piss on his corpse.

We don't know, we can only speculate.

>wood elves
>least bad

Yeah, if you keep out of their forest.
Best case scenario if you accidentally wander into it is dying without seeing it coming.
Worst case, Tree Hitler sees you.

Who knows with them.

Azhags starting units are not shit now. Chaos Warriors got a little changed (corruption, unit costs and infighting). Kemmlers skill tree was changed. Everyone else got some little stats but nothing major.

The heck is that icon mod

Im gonna play throgg, become the serpents champion and then hunt down and kill sigvald.

No should just remove the horde mechanic all together, it worked well in Attila because you can eventually settle and it worked well with the Huns because you had OP horse archers to demolish any army out there. Plus Attila's map was huge for you to move and play around

>Best case scenario if you accidentally wander into it is dying without seeing it coming.

What the fuck did I write.
Best case scenario you wander into it and you die and never see it coming.*

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=904487915

It would certainly help. It is so stupid losing an entire campaign because you lose one battle.

Oh wait, I misunderstood.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1093265678
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1099294464

Shit, I should get that.

Is it compatible with stuff?

>Bretonnia
>treats 99% of its population worse than shit
>Dwarfs
>constantly starting wars of aggression over irrelevant bullshit
How are high elves in any way less good than these fucktards?

The temporary part comes in because he would of just regenerated if he chilled for a bit.

Any news on the sagas?

Do you think they will be similar to Attila or Warhammer in terms of design?

best waifu when

It requires Crynsos Faction Unlocker+. So probably the better question how is that unlocker is compatible with other mods. Vanilla should be fine. I'm playing with SFO on top of all it, and it seems to work relatively OK. You should grab submod that adapts SFO Chaos invasion scripts to Unlocker. Gealth values of new LL lords would be lower than SFO counterparts and some minor bugs (for some reason I don't get various diplomatic notifications, like wars declared between AI factions, AI confederations and etc).

But best waifu is already ingame

Nothing yet. And we don't know if the team working on it is Attilas team:

In the blog they're called the "Flashpoint" Team. And there are two other historical teams, one making the Campaign Pack for an earlier history title, the other the new proper history game. The saga game will come out before the new history game.

>if you trepass into the Warhammer equivalent of a hillbilly's farm you get shot

Yes, and? Forests tend to be highly visible areas of dense trees, if you wander in there you probably did it on purpose.

>high medieval society is not nice like a 21st century first world nation

And?

>dwarfs
>wars of aggression

All Dwarven wars are defensive by nature, since they only go to war when they've been wronged.

I own a bunch of Total War games that were gifted to me. Which should I play first?

If you consider hillbilly's "not bad" then it's an issue on your end.

#rekt.

No. Chaos Warriors aren't boring anyway.

Whichever one interests you the most.
Empire is shit though so play Napoleon instead of it.
Also bear in mind that napoleon will be very different from warhammer and warhammer will be very different from Medieval 2.

>hillbillys are so evil for shooting trespassers
>I just wanted to wander around on someone else's land

You sound like a dick. Enjoy getting run down by Orion.

Shogun 2

hillbillys are good people, it's hicks and rednecks that are human scum

It's more of a
>get lost/car runs out of fuel in buttfuck road
>see a farm in the distance
>go ask for help
>last words i hear before i get shot by 7 different types rifles is "y'all"
situation

Translate that to being lost in the woods.

Shogun 2 is the most polished one, though I think that came at the cost of every army in the game arr rooking the same.

Napoleon is basically Empire but good, though Empire can be enjoyable with the Darthmod or Imperial Splendour mod.

Medieval 2 vanilla is okay but the mods are why people still love it.

Warhammer is good but the poor sieges and some other minor-but-nice things being missing make it feel a bit simple at times, and this is coming from someone who has Warhammer as their most played TW.

Haven't played Rome 2.

Yeah I pretty much never ever use them, but when fighting the Mongols I avoid open battles at all costs and love a siege defence so I'm spamming them a bit now

I'd say Shogun 2 or Warhammer. Shogun is imo the best of the recent historical titles in terms of gameplay. All the factions are a bit samey, so once you play a few campaigns you might get bored.
Warhammer is a good game. Although it simplified a lot of the mechanics, it's also a lot of fun and all the factions feel unique and worth playing.
Medieval 2 was pretty great but I'm not sure how well it's aged. You definitely need to play it at some point though.

The thing I like the most about Warhammer is the in-situ replentishing armies

Fuck having to send armies back

Shogun 2, Rome II/Atilla, Warhammer are all good starting points. If you're not put off by outdated UI/controls and graphix you can start from Medieval 2.

Only the Empire are good guys

Bretonnians treat their peasants way worse than vampires and are more stuck up than the present era neutered High Elves with the humility pill kicking in

Dawi are equal or far worse dicks than High Elves, they are only tamed now because they are a shadow of their former selves

Lord Kek and his scalies are more good guys than the last two

In Napolean can I play as America? Is it just Empire but with improvements?

>tfw you deliberately picked factions like Sicily to avoid the Mongols

What happens when one of the carrying dwarf dies?

Nah, much smaller map being just Europe.

Is Norsca out yet? How is it?

Napoleon is only Europe.
Empire does have a campaign about the founding of the USA which is also it's tutorial campaign.
But as I said Napoleon vastly improves Empire.
Also as other people are saying Shogun 2 and Warhammer are both very good games as well. As well as similar to other total wars.

Only if you're a youtube jew

>rednecks
>people that work hard
Fixed that for you. Hey did you know blacks are only 12% of the population yet make up over 25% of welfare recipients? Even though they're the minority they killl over 3x as many whites as whites kill them. Really made me think about who the real problem is.

No, Napoleon is Europe exclusively. There is an American Revolution campaign in Empire though. Empire has Europe+Middle East, North and Central America, and India.

But seriously, get a mod for Empire. I played vanilla a few days ago and had cannons shooting into a rock a few meters in front of them.

The throne remains above the ground with only 1 dwarf remaining.

>grudges

I too would like to know though.

>Dying before your High King allows you to

It would be extremely embarrassing

>All Dwarven wars are defensive by nature, since they only go to war when they've been wronged.

>build a helicopter and all sorts of engineering marvels
>couldn't build a simple wheel for the throne

The Empire got their artillery and guns from the dwarves and reverse engineered them until they ended up with a Steam Tank and that landship abomination.

I'm sure the dwarves could do better.

They wouldn't fucking dare.

The thing is that their innovation is ultra slow because they have to autistically test everything for centuries to make sure it never ever fails and even then they will remain suspicious of it for a few more centuries.

skaven news when?

the fuck made you bring race or politics into that?

How insecure are you that you thought i was saying anything about conservatism.