/aog/ - Attorney Online General

Youtube Edition

/aog/ is a place to primarily discuss Attorney Online but also Ace Attorney in general.
Whether you want to talk about your favorite cases or characters it's all welcome here.

>What is Attorney Online?

In short: It's multiplayer Ace Attorney.
AO is a virtual chatroom/courtroom mix which we use to perform improvised AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Class Trials, Jury Cases, Investigations and more! Choose from a wide selection of AA characters (and guest characters), pick a position (Defence, Prosecution, Judge, Witness, etc.) and dive into a whirlwind of logic, banter, theories and memes.

Come join us on our server:
Attorney Online Vidya (Dedicated)

>The Main Reference Doc (contains AO downloads, rules, FAQs, polls and more):
docs.google.com/document/d/13DDwBcpxQp3p7AQDSLLf6TysJTsDr_EbypQs45zHZ-4/edit
Be sure to check there for the Quickstart Guide!

>Gameplay footage?
You can find a list of streamers and recorders for a general time frame here:
pastebin.com/kg2VnSYd

Alternatively, you can look through our Case Archive to find completed documents and recordings of individual cases cases:
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Case_Archives

>How to create black footage for the 3DS games
docs.google.com/document/d/1k5wNNmF2-i6U4AI0zI7dkIJK9iChx36k2e3VW1bzofk/edit#

>News
DGS2 trailer youtube.com/watch?v=U6oclCrPyNo
DGS1 translated playthrough is back on youtube youtube.com/watch?v=0m-AdWHDEAA&list=PL1vvPkGTr_iR67W3Cpmw5APvfCoQYmVoX
youtube review
youtube.com/watch?v=C0Q1zwvI_i0

Other urls found in this thread:

susans.org/forums/index.php?topic=224896.180
docs.google.com/document/d/1k5wNNmF2-i6U4AI0zI7dkIJK9iChx36k2e3VW1bzofk/edit#
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bepis.

hey, a new thread. what is this?

>Miadefensethoughtroutes.jpg

Bumping with the results of a survey regarding the test run of the new rules. All the remaining casers (two of the witnesses had left before the survey went) and a few peanuts were asked a couple questions about their overall experience, and then whether to keep, drop, or improve upon each of the rules. I'll be adding in their additional thoughts and my own to each one.

First off, the overall scoring of the new "format". The general consensus seems to be that the new rules are about the same or slightly better than what we have now, which means it's at least not shit, but there's definitely room to fine tune things, but I'll elaborate further for each individual rule

good graph

The newfags who come in because of this video will kill our community.

except hardly any have come in, and apparently those that did got scared off by rage memers

Reminder that watching newbies in cases is fun to watch!

Did any newbies case today?

To start the rules we have the biggest change: changing the Detective role to "Expert Witnesses"

This one's a bit of a mixed bag, and definitely one of the more controversial rules. There's some people who think this should be dropped, but they don't specify why. It's understandable, considering how much a central figure the detective has become for establishing the facts of the case. Plus, there seems to be some confusion as to who can be an expert witness and whether detectives will be gone completely, which I will admit is due to my poor name and description of the role. Further iterations will need to fix this problem
However, I will say that while I did force the expert to not be a detective for the sake of testing new things out, they can absolutely still fill that role. Plus, with the role generalized and more than one character of it allowed per case, it gives versatility, which people agree with. The case gave an excellent example of two uses of an expert witness, the cook who testified not only about the crime scene, but the general state of the crew, as well the judge themselves, giving "testimony" in the form of a divination seance, which was added later in the trial.

Next up, witness summaries

I don't have much to say about this one, and neither did anyone else. They're a bit hit-and-miss but overall they help everyone prepare for the witness coming up.

Personally, I hope this will end the mystery witness and inter-witness contradiction memes, as both seemed to not be present as much in the trial

Non-sequential witnesses appears to be the most universally liked change. People seem to love the amount of freedom and fluidity it gives, and lets the prosecution take a more active role in the case. However, one person brings up the point that since any witness could be the first witness, they all have to have their testimonies written beforehand. To that I say that not much changes in that aspect, as most witnesses usually have some ideas as to what they're going to be witnesssing, and the summary rules are to help sort that out. Plus, I feel like the server could do with something that encourages a little more improv in the improv-based format

This is probably the rule I'm most likely to drop. People said that having a free-form cross examination is confusing and tedious, especially the two people who have to deal the most with a testimony box. If those people aren't satisfied with this change, it doesn't matter what I think, it's not worth shit

But with the actual chart attached

And finally, the asspulls rule. This one is a little nebulous and not well defined, and since no one had anything to say other than "asspulls are bad", I may just leave that out and find some other way to remind witnesses and the benches their agency in regards to evidence and changing the case around.

Hello /aog/, I am (one of) the new mods for the server, and also the new thread management person. I understand how important this place is on many fronts, from a place for anyone on the server to voice comments and concerns, to a gallery of fresh and retro content and memes, to an entry point for a steady flow of new players. Because of this, I'll be doing my best to ensure that the the thread quality is improved and maintained. Also, on a side note, streaming will be cut down greatly, likely by request only due to the nature of my new duties being less than ideal for sitting in one area with no interference. I apologize, but I think that there's now enough streamers and recorders to take my place, and I'll always be happy to help anyone else do their own.

Stay tuned for further updates

Go kill yourself

Tell anongrill to kill herself

Lick my cunt, sissyboi

I want to sit on your face

Fuck off, Phantom.

Tell liquid we're asking where the fuck our Jinxie rerip is

To the first five replies, I would like to kindly ask you to cut that shit out. I am going to be trying my best to keep this thread from being shit, but there's only so much I can do by myself. So please, the next time you're about to make a shitpost or an empty bump, consider instead posting something constructive. Pose a topic/question, reply to one already made, talk about a case that's going on or happened recently. Hell, even screencap dumps or harshly criticizing my performance as mod is better. All I ask is that you try.

As for you, I'm afraid to say that some issues have come up, so DD characters in general will not be showing up in the next few updates

Oh boy empress liquid had another power struggle and pulled an Rhoda deleting the footage pastebin for rippers.

Nope. Just that we can't get new footage for now.

In fact if anyone's to blame it's illnesses.

Here's your proof, nerd.

You cannot be fucking serious. You will not last long as moderator if you act like this.

Eat out my asshole jumbles.

Get well soon guy, don't die from overworking, you're not in the anime industry.

To clarify on the 'no DD' thing.

We don't have anyone recording footage at the moment. That'll be fixed "soon(TM)". But we have plenty of footage available that will be worked on for DGS/DGS2 and some already being worked on for DD.

Also, funny how this is the exact same argument people had when I was ripping Mae. Really makes you think.

why would illness get in the way of pushing record on your 3ds and uploading it?

surely you must know everyone is sick of dgs redones

To reply to both, "Because the guy who was doing recordings says so", and..

Okay? We're here to rip high quality footage and finishing the game we're working on takes priority. Rome wasn't built in a day, and we're not about to change how things are done just because you want your waifu.

Especially when your waifu is already in the works to be recorded. This is exactly the same situation with Mae, and how heavily people shitposted about that. Then, when the time came, people dropped using her in a week.

Also the jinxie rip is perfectly fine at the moment the fuck are you on. Robin and Junie are the ones who need a rerip desperately.

Hello, I am the official thread representative of the mods.

I have no real power nor influence in these threads, but I will posture and pretend like I do.
I will immediately ruin any semblance of credibility I have as a newly appointed mod by making empty threats on an anonymous imageboard.

I'll then proceed to act as if my autistic replies in the thread were all part of some 4D chess plan.

Getting the urge to do a case right now, but haven't played in a while. Is anyone looking to case?

LD always was a little bitch boi and I wish cancer upon his parents

Implying you can do anything, faggot.

look at this schmuck. god phantom is going to be the best mod ever because he won't try and be friends with the community like every other stupid ass mod like this one does

Remember you can always try to find out how to do it yourself

fuck off with the smug bullshit we know that this is really all about korra and frozen

Was the dark of the moon on the sixth of June
On the wit bench telling lies
Comb-over Payne with a reefer on
And a April that only cries
We is headin' for a mistrial-oh
'Bout an hour in already a Shaky one
I says, "Look feen, this here's the Rubber Duck.
"And I'm about to put the gavel down."
'Cause we got a little case here
Rockin' through the night.
Yeah, we got a little case here
Ain't it a beautiful sight?
Come on and join our case here
Ain't nothin' gonna get in our way.
We gonna roll this fucking case here
'Cross examine until the light of day
Case!

god yes They voice chat all the time and sound like two horny teens in a relationship even though korra says she has a husband who apparently never fucks her because i bet shes a whale who sits at home on her phone all day watching tv and shitposting while he goes out and bangs some real girls and yet frozen goes after her. Guess he has a thing for loozer women.

I bet she has a big vagina that frozen dick can just slide into because he's small because he's Asian an the only reason I know he's Asian is because he sounds like the pervert over at mmxo mod reviews who only reviews tiddy skyrim mods

who the fuck even is korra

she's not a member of our community

she came from a goddamn /v/ discord thread

she only has a phone and can't even download the client

she posts pictures of her sideboob and face on the discord for attention

fuck her

tell me more desu

post pics of her sideboob im horny god i just want to take my asian dick (uncercumcized im not cut just for her because she hates jew cock she told me while i pleasured myself in the voice chat) and beat it to her titty

A nerd from /v/ who's pretty funny but doesn't case.

desu as long as they stay in the discord there's no reason to pay attention to them.

are you sure you want this self hating ugly fucking nigger beastie bitch?

I'd put my dick in it.

Hey guys, I don't actually care about the game you guys play, but I like, want the attention from all you thirsty virgins! Haaaaayyy.

Hello friends,

I accidentally said that Korra posted a picture of her sideboob when in reality she didn't. I simply misremembered the fact. Please do not allow this false misrepresentation of this woman to be spread across our community. She was very upset when she heard about what I said, and I was truly saddened and disappointing in myself for hurting her feelings, especially when she revealed that she was married. I simply ask that out of respect for her that you condemn anyone who makes this claim. I am not a perfect person but at the same time I do not want to hurt anyone's feelings because I believe strongly in the golden rule of treating others the way you want to be treated.

Thank you,
Lynne

oh my god oh my god your face is so beautiful it's like poseidon himself came down from atlantis and kissed you on the treat turning you into the angel i am seeing before me my god there's like a small halo appearing in the photo its really quite paranormal. If only I could meet a woman like you, or you. But you're married gosh dangit! If you ever get divorced, and I'm not saying I hope you get divorced because that would be very bad right? lol but if you ever do get divorced lol hit me up? right? jk but no seriously i would love to take you out but not when youre married but maybe if you are up to that im not sure if youre an ashley madison type girl but maybe you are and maybe you want to get together for coffee or something im not sure we probably dont get together but we could videochat while drinking coffee my internet goes out at around 3:30 pm est but i could try to make something work for you since youre suck an angel god your husband is so lucky he must be literally jesus youre so beautiful

Look at this fucking arm compared to this one

She claims both pictures are of her

I smell bullshit

Lol im such a nurd just like you guys! Objection LOL! Look at my card collection.

thats photoshopped

ok wow i just read that post and boy "desperate much??" lol i bet thats whats going through your head right korra? Lol either that or some more french recipes speaking of which you talk to that guy more than you do me is there like something between you? I'm not like implying like a romantic thing i know you're married LOL its just like you two are better friends than me and you not that im jealous ok maybe i am a little bit you are the type of girl thats worth getting jealous over i mean look at your face it looks like it was chiseled out of arc of the covenant and placed on an angels face you have two layers of holy youre so beautiful and your body is rocking like BABOOM! lol jk but seriously your boobies (or breasts if you prefer im not trying to insult the female form i think guys and girls can both be in the military trans too fuck trump amirite?) but yeah they're like perfect and i would love to see them bare but lol yeah you have a husband so jk! cant do that i dont think youre a slut or anything why would you bare your tits to me youre not a slut youre like the purest virgin or maybe youre not a virgin because your husband already took your virginity the lucky guy I bet he literally couldnt contain his ecstasy for like 40 seconds. omg i just realized im talking about the first time you and your husband made love wow awk-word. lol. Im ok if youre not a virgin lol i mean im not a virgin i had sex with a girl once she wasnt as pretty as you were but we like did anal isnt that cool? if we had sex youd be with an experienced man! id make you feel good! wow that came out weird ok maybe send me a discord message later we'll laugh over this whole thing bye bye

>website is stretched due to resizing
>photo in the 'thread' isn't.

Really makes you think.

susans.org/forums/index.php?topic=224896.180

Wew lad.

>FROZEN IS CHASING A TRANNY THINKING ITS A GIRL

AHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT AN IDIOT

The muslims are doing us a favor by taking us over.

Fuck you LD.

LAWFUL WHAT DID YOU STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART

just nuke the thread at this point

jesus LD never do this again

fucking exposed

it's about goddamn time

Thanks LD. You've really improved the quality of the thread, just like our great and glorious Admin, Anongrill before you.
I hope to see more quality posts from you in the future.

Hah, that last case huh guys?

Heh, yeah that sure was fun, hope to play with you again sometime user.

While I hope that this will be enough to drive Korra away from anything to do with AOV, there's no point in pursuing this anymore. We already have incriminating evidence.

why the fuck is dd taking so fucking long? where the fuck are the dgs2 rips?

1week you say its coming the next you say it wont? are you all fucking retarded?

>liquid streaming bullshit for their circlejerk
>doing nothing for weeks because they're fucking useless

The 1 week thing is the spoiler embargo. Nobody said we had anything ready to go.

DD already has some rips from it that we made, but new footage is on hiatus. Don't know what's so confusing about that.

You don't know the hardships of actually making this work.

why the hell is it on hiatus? is liquid too busy jerking off?

>hardships
>docs.google.com/document/d/1k5wNNmF2-i6U4AI0zI7dkIJK9iChx36k2e3VW1bzofk/edit#

I explained earlier in the thread. Guy making footage can't make footage right now, or won't.

Don't know the details on that, but either way.

>guy making footage can't make footage right now, or won't.
who the fuck do I have to yell to

Any good (CASE)s for you, user?
Tell me about them.

Anyone willing to buy a capture card for a 3DS or 2DS.

The cruise ship case went good despite all the witnesses dying

>docs.google.com/document/d/1k5wNNmF2-i6U4AI0zI7dkIJK9iChx36k2e3VW1bzofk/edit#
Okay but did you actually read or try to do any of this, it's not exactly a quick method, let alone one that's just auto-DD compatible.

Ok here's the thing:

New footage is on hiatus for a bit because our old recorder who had a capture card can't record for us anymore due to personal reasons.

We are currently trying to purchase a capture card for one of our members. One of us is even going to pay extra for express shipping so it'll come in 7-14 days.

There. That's the story.

In the mean time we still have lots of Capture Card DGS footage that we can use to do rerips. Yes I know you want DD but anything we can give you right now won't be top quality since we don't have a capture card.

So there's the dilemma.

no one actually forgot tho

All is well. I'm doing the long play waiting for new rips of PLvAA, so I'm already ready to wait as long as it takes.

Thanks. We are actually making headway on the coding hell that is that game actually. No eta tho

who the fuck is the old recorder

>no eta tho
aka never

I have a feeling you'll try yelling at them so I'll just keep them nameless

They can't do it for personal reasons. That's it.

>personal reasons
itt: my ass

liquid had a death in the family and he won't be playing AO for a while

Boo fucking hoo.
>implying they have a real family

you see this is what happened the last time with maid juror

empress liquid hoarded them and controlled the mods into letting them do whatever they wanted. the rip team is the problem

stop hoarding rips and just give us jinxie you have the footage dont be rhoda and just delete the footage just stop hoarding them

no that was trick

they're trying to tear apart the rip team because their dad died after waiting for the maid juror rip, and now they want to hedge out the competition so that only they are capable of ripping rayfa and nobody will ever replace their rayfa rip

Liquid is attempting to bully all the other rippers out of the ripping game by hoarding the footage. All so he can have a monopoly on waifus and rips.

When do we stop this tyrannical empress?

when you rip it