/fg/ - Falcom General #39

Previous Thread: Inadequate perfomance edition

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Trails of Cold Steel III's on track for Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. News/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Class VII's back: imgur.com/a/Pw4Cp

- New CS III scans: twitter.com/HDKirin/status/890226327122362369

- Trails of Cold Steel II confirmed for PC release:
gematsu.com/2017/07/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-pc-launches-august-2

- Cold Steel PC guest blogs (written by port programmer Durante, of DSFix fame):
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163454030210/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-2-from
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163720373505/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-3-from

- Ys Seven coming to PC, trailer/info: gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-pc-first-details-trailer-screenshots

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA. Please complain to Falcom, not XSEED (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Calvard when?

I can't wait Ys VIII any longer, damnit.

I'm surprised the Grailsritter didn't act sooner with all the heretic shit happening in Crossbell, I know it's supposed to be a buffer zone where both the Church and the Society won't employ their forces, but even so.

Tio.

Pretty sure the start of the game saying that it was a deal with the "grandmaster" probably refers to the Church leader, and not Ouroboro's leader itself. It makes no sense if it was.
Also, it was because the leader of the Crossbell area got fucking mad at some shit Grailsritters pulled there, and wouldn't allow them to act.

I'm more hyped to play Seven at 60fps to be honest

They can't keep getting away with it

Already beat the the game on PSP back then.
Honestly, i have plan to replay the PC version but i more hyped for brand-new adventure.

As if Rean's gonna move on from Crow especially after seeing Azure Siegfried and seeing who is behind the mask. He'll go weak on the knees and hold his hand like how Sora saw Riku in KH2.

Would you trust her?

Implicitly.

oh snap, so Zero happens after 3rd and not before as I was thinking

Ugh... Why did they put this creepy, incestuous waste of space into this game? These light novel-tier sister crush characters are the dumbest fucking shit. And she doesn't even serve much of a purpose outside of that kind of degenerate pandering other than being a hapless damsel in distress that often gets herself in trouble.

My dick said i should trust her.

>These light novel-tier sister crush characters are the dumbest fucking shit.

But Estelle and Ries did it first.

>not blood related
>incest
I don't follow.

You could've found that out right after they showed up by just talking to them again at the bus.

ao/3rd
Also the thing the Archbishop of Crossbell was mad at was Kevin executing the former Bishop Owen (the guy who hired jaegers to attack Kevin's home).

user, was this your first Trails game? Most of the time the first game in an arc includes huge plot twists and craziness at the end.

I want more church adventures!

Estelle/Joshua
Kevin/Ries
Lloyd/Cecile
Rean/Elise

Falcom loves incestuous protagonists

>sky games have a broken turbo mode now like cold steel
>turbo mode lets you clip through walls
>getting universal exes like cold steel for some reason too
sara's attempts to be durante would almost be cute if she wasn't so completely shitty at her job

tfw having to wait another 15 years for the end of the series and the inevitable big church/society showdown

I saw some dude who was testing it on the discord post some images of shit happening, he literally clipped through the floor, walls and all sorts of crazy shit. Turbo in sky is pretty clearly broken, which is kinda weird, since Cheat engine's speedhack worsk flawlessly.

Yep. Looks like I have some games to play now until CS2.

>Incestuous
NBR is basically childhood-friend tier, call me when we get some actual sister fucking.

>Kevin/Ries
>incest
Doesn't even count, also valid for Joshua since he and Kevin is pretty much sit on the similar condition.

Really? I mean there's only been two, and Zero was pretty straight forward and simple with it's ending. The craziness and twists came in Ao.

are you kidding it seems to literally BE the cheat engine hack i clipped through stairs with that speedhack all the time

Well that's weird because i used cheat engine speedhack through the 3rd the whole way through and never had any problems with it.

set it to 12x or so and you will have trouble NOT doing it, seems to happen less at lower speeds but i had it at 20x all the time

Because you can't just put a feature like this in after a few days' work and expect it to not have bugs or reveal holes in the code which Falcom didn't prioritize. Durante also didn't port CS PC, he fixed up the barebones initial port over two or so months and still couldn't fix things like self-casting shadows, or add cursor functionality for menus. Both programmers are damn good at what they do and clean up after themselves, i.e. fixes for 3rd's NG+ quartz bug and patching a Steam-related crash issue affecting the Ys games.

She's also introduced it as part of the DirectX9 beta, which is where some of the issues come from. Regardless, she's getting everything fixed quickly and many players weren't going to know about or use CE but would try something official.

I've had some hangs in battle when using CE, which eventually resolved (and weren't a big deal thanks to autosaves).

I literally held the button down up to like 15x or more, for certain stuff and even when climbing/going down stairs it never happened to me.

i can only speak from my own experience but yeah weird

Okay FC/SC/3rd/Zero down. Time for CS.

Was tempted to pick up the PS3 version instead so I could rush to CS2 but I figure the PC release of CS2 isn't that many months off.

The PC version is way more enjoyable due to the load times and turbo mode too.

2/3rds.

so, yeah. Most of them do have big twists.

>PC release of CS2 isn't that many months off.

>Ries
Her ties with Kevin aren't even remotely sexual. They definitely have a big brother-little sister thing going on in a much more natural way than any other protagonist.

>Estelle
Maaaaaaybe you could make a case for her, but at least she didn't go around kissing Joshua's ass at every moment where she wasn't softly clenching a fist to her chest and lamenting over onii-chan not noticing her love. It's the creepy, submissive attitude that's the worst thing about her. Like, what the fuck?

>NBR is basically childhood-friend tier, call me when we get some actual sister fucking.
That's still fucking incest, dude. Nobody wants to see you fuck your step-sibling. You'd definitely get ostracized for that kind of shit.

Someone post the fucking Habsburg incest chart.
Because this user surely doesn't know how they rolled back then.

>You'd definitely get ostracized for that kind of shit.
>Equating real life reactions to fictional worlds
Kek

Summer release desu.

>Implying that Kevin and Ries don't want to be together as husband/wife after the end of third

They're romantic as fuck in Ao too.

You take a left turn somewhere? Tumblr is over there.

Yeah, because that dynasty totally didn't go up in flames like Ptolemys and others that were super into that shit. It's not a good practice. Period.

One can only suspend their disbelief over so much nonsense, my friend.

Will we ever see what exists in eastern zemuria?

Calvard will probably cover that, since most of their immigrants come from there.

The purpose of 3rd was to bridge the Sky games into Crossbell and Erebonia, user.

The dynasty didn't go up in flames because of the ""ethical"" reasons. 6 centuries of inbreeding did that.
Also this still doesn't fucking matter because they aren't related by blood and nobility adopting an outsider into their family just so that they can marry wasn't unusual.

The story so far has been centered on Osborne's conquest in western zemuria, so maybe not.

Can someone identify this masked stranger?

Musse best girl

Stop posting anytime Patrick, Elise will never want your dick.

>Also this still doesn't fucking matter because they aren't related by blood and nobility adopting an outsider into their family just so that they can marry wasn't unusual.
user, this practice usually involved adult marriage suitors meant to take over a household due to a lack of an eldest son. They weren't step siblings or adoptive ones raised under the same roof for the most part.

It's me user. It was me all along user!

Who would ostracize him anyway? Old Class VII would support him, his adoptive parents would as well.

Who is the Patrick in this situation?

What if it's just Rean in disguise?

What if we're all being rused?

It's the mystery man, R Quartzer.

Anybody tried putting the psp translation of zero in the evo version?

Good morning, colonel.

>*short AT-Delay behinds you*
>Nothing personnel, kid

Man, it's weird to see everyone shitting their pants in CS at meeting a Jaegar when they get ko'd by the truckload in sky.

Crossbell/Erebonia get the real deal Jaegers unlike Sky which deals with a bunch of shitters.

The Jaegers in question come from one of the most dangerous ones around.

I didn't realize there were degenerate incest supporters in /fg/, disappointing really.

If they're not blood related, it should never be a problem. Stop bringing stupid arguments into the thread in the first place.

I wonder if Fast Crafts Guy and Fast Arts Guy ever hang out.

Buddy, a good chunk of people here are unironic /a/ and /jp/ browsers that watch too much anime, read too many mangas and visual novels, and probably jack off more often than they take a dump. Welcome to the fandom. Have a nice stay.

In the meantime, though... No kill like ogrekill.

lorewise Jaegars in erebonia are bad fucking news, especially from those two organizations

>Not Blood Related
>Incest

>tfw the big twist in CS3 ends up being that Class VII all died in garrelia fortress during the prologue.
>Since Crow wasn't with them, he had no relationship with class vii, and probably never even went to Thors in the prologue timeline, he had no connection to anyone there, and therefore ensured the railway guns fired properly at the trade conference
>Towa, Lloyd, the SSS, everyone died.
>This would be unacceptable to KeA, who would change the timeline like she did in Ao to save the SSS

You get the taste of a real Jaeger in Crossbell. Jaegers in Sky are probably bugbear-tier.

>Get ToCS on PC after finishing the Vita version a year ago
>Smash the maximum button and play
>The expanded FoV
>Everything in crisp 60 fps
>No slow downs in battle
>Turbo
>More Rean-speak
>Realize I'm only 20 hours in ToCS2 on the Vita

Fuck it, I'm waiting on Coldsteel 2 on PC to face McBurn on an fps higher than 10.

The final dungeon won't cause the game to shit itself either. That should be nice.

>KeA
>Implying it's not Osborne who used the power of Sept-Terrion of Time

Anton's never gonna get laid, is he?

The port is really good. Much worse ports than this have been passed off as remakes by companies like square-enix.

I'm currently playing CS2's final dungeon in Vita. I don't see any fps drops.
Maybe I'm just used to it after Celceta and VIII though.

Have you seen the race yet?

Why would she bother saving dirty Erebonians

Because their goal was to use the railway guns on the trade conference.. in crossbell. You know, the same trade conference Lloyd, Kloe, Towa, the SSS, Osborne, virtually everyone else was at. If those railway guns had fired, it would have been a big fucking deal.

So here's that PS4 bundle design Falcom mentioned they wanted to do

>tfw just realized EOV means End of Vermillion
I feel dumb

Oh nice. Now that they've revealed it I have renewed hope for a trailer.

Yeah, it's almost upon us. Now they have a huge carrot to wag in front of their fans who haven't bought the system yet.

I'm running through old memory now, but isn't Cayenne a descendant of a traitor who opposed Dreichels?

I was wondering about that earlier.

>yfw in the calvard arc you invade erebonia and behead all erebonian fucking shits
the republic rises

Who own the 3rd symbol from left?

No, 1's. 2's wasn't as demanding.

Is it a pro?

Actually, C expected the mission would fail and the guns wouldn't be fired, so it's just as likely they'd do something completely different.

Big