Real Estate Agent Car

I'm going to be a real estate agent this summer. What car should I be driving to show around houses? I was thinking about a brand new Honda Accord. It's new and it's an everyman's car. It's not luxurious so it doesn't look like I'm spending too much or making a killing off of sales.

Other urls found in this thread:

losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d/2013-audi-a6-premium-plus/6459667410.html
youtu.be/mpg5CnagE9k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The car is also going to be clean and spotless. Should I go with a used accord or may that be a sign of low rent business?

Bump, a new Honda Accord may be the best and obvious decision but I want to hear your opinions.

Consider american, makes you more liked by blue collar murican families. Most people either want american cars, or dont care where the car comes from.

Is a Cadillac ATS fine or over the top? Or should I buy a Ford Fusion? Chevy Impala? What about a Chrysler 300? A Dodge Charger may be too much.

Also, I'm going to be specializing in luxury homes. I read that 3mil houses are easier to sell than 300k houses.

no such thing as over the top for a real estate agent. you want to show off

ford taurus in shadow black

spacy, american, unqiue & classy

whatever buick you like

Mustang.

I don't want to show them the money I'm making off of them. If that's no issue I'm going with the CT6, but realistically I should go with the CT5.

The Taurus is a cop car lol

I might go for the LaCrosse since I'm starting out new.

does that matter to you?

it seems you already made up your mind and peoples suggestions were totally pointless.

I made the final decision of buying a mid-range Ford Fusion, black on black with leather interior. I don't care for the Malibu. This should cost me like 25k.

No, I was going to buy a new Honda Accord, but I should get an american car. I'm already Bangladeshi so I don't want to be driving a Japanese car too.

taurus is a cop car but the fusion doesn't scream "i'm trying the best i can even though it's not enough" to you?

why were you even considering a cadillac if you were going to go with a fusion? could you even afford a caddy?

No one gives a shit what you drive. Any clean vehicle in nice shape is good enough.

You might still be able to get a new Chevy SS, depending if your local dealer still has them in stock.

Garbage. Get a used Infiniti M45 for 15k or a Lexus GS.

I might get a Cadillac CT5 a few years later. The Fusion tells the people that my business is well run since I'm buying new but I don't over spend. The Cadillac may be too much imo.

And no, I can't afford a Cadillac. Pretty blessed that my dad can buy me a new car.

LARPer detected

>fact: you will lose money your first year
>fact: it takes on average six months to sell your first home
>fact: you need a wide social network to ever hope to make bank
>fact: larger homes have split commissions and larger deductions
>fact: you haven't researched the career and are just dreaming about the money you think you're going to make
>fact: you're only going to sell to other banglatards who already have their networks in place. You have no 'in' and you never will. No white will buy from a banglatard because of the perception you're dishonest and low intellect

T. Actual realtor

I'm not larping

>I already budgeted 6 months no income
>my dad has many leads
>I can get a broker
>I can use social media to my advantage
>always improving myself and my looks(I lift)
>I do have Banglatard connections
>going in for full time

Damn nigga don't roast him like that

Try to go for a Fusion Sport. It will be more fun to drive and should cost about the same.

buying new is the definition of overspending faggot.

>T. Actual realtor
>I can do it but you cant

fuck off

Anything new and clean. A brand new and clean Sonata is going to look more impressive to clients than a 2005 BMW M5. Don't go sticking clients in the back of a fucking coupe. You can't go wrong with a Suburban or Escalade or Tahoe.

When they're paying you $xx xxx in commission they sure as fuck do.

Lease it and write it off faggot.

Totally bro yeah advertise on facebook real clever I bet no other realtor has thought of that. You know what would be mind blowing? Taking out ad space at city benches! Man you're gonna make your first million in no time!

if you're American an entry level Acura or Lexus might be a better choice
$30k-$35k isn't a ton, and it's a nicer place to be for your clients

Audi, can never go wrong with an Audi,

A5, A7.
Stay away from stationwagons,

Mr2 turbo

get an old classic car.

if you buy a new car, its going to look like dog shit in 2-3 years time and you'll HAVE to buy another one.

if you buy a nice classic car, it'll only ever get better looking.

Yeah, I'm going to lease then I guess so I can write it off from taxes. And Tahoe is too much to show, Ford Fusion it is then.

it's kind of astonishing how for the accord and civic, changing the chrome upper bumper trim accent to gloss black DRAMATICALLY improves the front end

What geographical market are you working?

Do you have an idea on whether you'd like to be a listing agent or a buyer's agent? If you are in any way really serious about making long term plans for making consistent money, highly consider Mike Ferry training.

A new Accord will do just fine to drive people around btw.

The process to sell a house is just as easy as a $300k house, assuming there aren't any crazy contractual conditions that cause a problem in escrow.

I agree with you on everything except
>fact: larger homes have split commissions and larger deductions
Commission in SoCal for anything above $2million+ is generally 2% to selling agent, still see 2.5% regularly (meaning the listing agent secured a 4-5% contract). Unless you didn't secure the business yourself and have to work for a team, then yeah you split that shit.

Also OP, don't fall for the 100% commission split meme. It's a lonely business, and I'll admit its hard to find good mentorship, however an excellent mentor is worth their weight in gold.

>I can use social media to my advantage
It'll help with a few sales a year maybe if you're lucky, and that's not predicting when a transaction will even happen or if your client is even motivated. Relying on social networks is one of the biggest delusions younger realtors continue to fall for, and older people fall for in DROVES.

>When they're paying you $xx xxx in commission they sure as fuck do.
We work in the image business. Real estate is one of the most accessible direct sales jobs around, and caters to an incredible wide common denominator. Because of that, you're forced to experience some unpleasant truths.

>People judge you constantly non stop and criticize you non stop whether you think so or not
>People are not forgiving nor do they care about your personal shortcomings when it comes to their multi-hundred thousand dollar stressfest of a transaction.
>You are only worth as much as you level up yourself to be

>Bus benches and ads
Amazing how many realtors have done this even in the past. Because people who ride the bus because they can't afford a car fan CERTAINLY afford a home, amirite?

I love billboard advertisements too and assholes with massive mailers. Its funny to learn that some of the "Top" producers in their area make like $400-500k a year, and they spend $350k+ on advertising and costs!?!

IMHO, this;
losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d/2013-audi-a6-premium-plus/6459667410.html

Women are a huge factor in car buying, and you want to sell them the idea of a better life, or a classier one, more than anything. I would also recommend a crossover because women will be more comfy in them. Remember, this is business, and you need to impress this image upon them.

White paint. White has always been a sign of high class. Learn how to professionally detail it yourself and keep it immaculate, especially before going on tours. Get fitted suits, and learn how to look professional.

I also HIGHLY recommend you learn photography and videography, and spend some money on a decent camera system with lenses instead of going higher priced on the car. Use this camera instead of hiring someone like myself to do you real estate photography, video walkthroughs, drone "crane" shot footage and perhaps even 3D tours (matterport, 3d goggles, etc).

Knowing this, plus being a proper broker, will make you incredibly valuable to a firm. You can also cover for other realtors by doing their photography for roughly anywhere between 200 to 400 bucks per house. If you nail larger properties, the price goes up to 2k+ for a full imaging package.

Good luck and I seriously recommend a white Audi A6 over most other options due to perceived value and making them feel elated during the experience.

>Women are a huge factor in car buying
I meant; Women are a huge factor in house buying****

Most of the time, husbandos will just come along for the ride and you will see her beg for that "perfect home" to fit her life image.

Learn the psychology and take advantage of it.

A realtor will be fine with their choice of car as long as it isn't older than 4-5 years old and it is kept clean and free of obvious visual blemishes.

>I also HIGHLY recommend you learn photography and videography
This is a waste of time and complete nonsense. Your job as a real estate sales person is to 1) Find people to talk to 2) Ask them questions and qualify them. PERIOD. Your schedule and how effectively you use your time are literally what's going to make or break you in this business.

If you need to take photos of a property you are listing, depending on what part of the country you work for there are affiliate services (title, home insurance, etc but usually title) that will take photos for you and even have all that fancy equipment as a selling point hoping you'll choose them as the official affiliate when it comes to completing the transaction.

>Learn the psychology and take advantage of it.
I'll add to this and simplify by saying learn how to be versatile and match people's personalities, especially when you have to shift between husband and wife. People will work with you when they are A) Comfortable with you B) Confident with you. At the core of it it doesn't get more complicated than that.

This is you
youtu.be/mpg5CnagE9k

But for real best of luck. Fusion is a fine choice.

You can deduct vehicle expenses on any vehicle you purchase.
I think if you are seriously going after high end you should consider a Tahoe or similar. A few years old but in excellent condition should be fine.

Base model Audi or Volkswagen