/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Dance of the Ded Edition
Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not as dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of Ded Earf
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>Garry's Mod
>GearBlocks
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Skywanderers
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMade

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RA4u_9FLzso
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what uncouth niggers /hsg/ are

What the shit, again?

what did i miss?

we Veeky Forumsumblr now?

I think the janitors are mad at us now

post yfw egg is being hunted down and killed before it can die

more like /hsg/ is
considering they started this shit I don't see how it's fair but oh well

We've got to put fromthedepthsgame.com back in the OP now.

We're being succ't in to a shitpost singularity of our own creation, we need to get a server for something up before we cross the shitpost horizon

How about a Minecraft server with loads of industrial mods? We can make a rule that minecraft is only allowed if it's specifically about our server.

>when your ass so dumb you keep posting in the wrong thread, and instead of learning how to post in the right one you just get a mod to keep deleting the one you post in accidentally

That'll attract niggers and shit to /egg/

>minecraft
"no"

>minecraft
>when garry's mod exists

Sounds a lot like rotting West with it's "MUH FEELIES" crowd and us rukies with our "MUH RELIGIOUS FEELIES" laws.

/mcg/ is on the verge of death and may wind up coming here anyway

this sounds good,or maybe gmod

They'll be told to fuck off like every other time.
/egg/ doesn't need children, redditors, trannies, actual fucking shills, circlejerkers, and all the other serious problems /mcg/ has

Well that's a resounding no for Minecraft. Fuck it, Spongiolis it must be.

Probably for the best

I can't stop it, user. I've sold literally everything on crossout to become a stock market jew, I'm creating the most horribly inefficient factories possible on infinifactory, I'm still an elf on factorio, I still haven't learnt to stop crashing into things on spengies and I still need to become more of a physician to work out FTD
I have become the bane of everything I love
I have become cancer incarnate.

/egg/ has robocucks and gaijin apologists

I'm okay with minecrap here, as long as it's mostly(!) train signal autism, thaumcraft pipe-fu, factory or mass-production extravaganza or automatization to hell and back.

/mcg/ poster here, all those things left a long ass time ago, that's why it's dying

WHEN YOU'RE SO INCOMPETENT YOU NEED HELP TO FIND YOUR THREAD GG /hsg/

Oh well, at least a mod actually said something to someone instead of just nuking everything.

We should put fromthedepths.com back in the OP though

Why was it taken the fuck out?

Reminder that Gmod is still #1 /egg/ regardless of the metric shitton of terrible game modes and faggot streamers piled on top of it and we can make it great again

Ran out of room in the OP and it needed restructuring at the time.

>fromthedepthsgame.com*

Gmod is like SS13 - the idea has potential for untold greatness, both are old and both need to be redone on a newer, better engine.

source2 when

>source2
>being at all the massive clusterfuck of shit source1 was
>being anywhere near capable of the autism source1 is

That would require a population willing to spend large amounts of time in a sandbox. Sure, /egg/ has enough people to have a lively server, but there's far fewer people who want a sandbox like that, likely fewer who can agree to a gametype.

Likely, any of us with Gmod have already done much of what we had wanted to do with it. It takes great levels of autism, even compared to that of /egg/'s to keep going.

suck it down faggots, /mcg/ will be coming here before the year end

>never got /fog/ to switch from waifushit to making computers
I should have tried harder

>fucking with sliders
to
>understanding gatelogic

Got some cat piss you want made into wine, user?

They went to some pretty big efforts for their waifus to the point where some of them were learning how to mod.
It could have happened.

>learning how to mod
>following a youtube tutorial on how to use bodyslide and copy/pasting over existing assets
>>>>>>>>>modding
Maybe the insane fuckers that use artificial academy to get their jollies like that one guy who litterally NTR'd another user by copying his waifu and brutally fucking her in slide-show form, which I'll admit was beyond hysterical, but the mouthbreathers that actively play the fallout games are never going to become mechanical programmers.

>like that one guy who litterally NTR'd another user by copying his waifu and brutally fucking her in slide-show form
Holy shit, true or not, that's fucking gold

>skywanderer STILL not on kickstarter
Why do I have to suffer this wait?
I just want to build logic autism with zero skubmaid bugginess

>that fucking spoiler
That's just evil, I love it

I asked the nice anons over on /aa2g/ and they got it to me right away. Still just as amazing as I remember.

That's just kinda sad.

I can buy any legendary weapon in cuckout except the Tsunami. What should I get?

Im leaning more towards Mandrake since its unique and isnt just a bigger version of other weapons I already have.

It's what you get for being a dirty elf-lover

a harvester for low ps harvesting

For some reason this combination of industry and molten metal makes me hard.
I am not sure if I'm against that. Help.

Try each of them out in exhibition.

Personally I concur with the harvester - It seems a straight-up upgrade over using multiple single energy melee weapons in terms of damage, size, power score, area it hits...

So Skinner box fags finally got their way by getting mods involved.
On one hand, mods=gods.
On the other, they couldn't get 1 (one) person to apologize for the shitposting THEY started.

There's a time and place to be petty, and it was when we had the mod's favor. We had our fun for a week, mods got tired of looking at the reports.

Spitting into someone's face after he asks you to stop being a cunt is not a great way to get back into favor, user.

We can just put fromthedepthsgame back in and call it good. I also might start raiding girls band party for having egg.

Except I like all the qts that show up
I miss when there were like 5 generals all with nice OPs

>sandbox
The problem is that everyone thinks it has to strictly a sandbox instead of something like a heavily modded survival/RP gamemode that exists as a framework to give reason to build things and give an economic/material limiter to spur innovation

This.
>once upon a time many threads showed up searching /egg/
>all had qt grills
>now we're down to 1

Maybe Gmod needs the same treatment that DayZ got with PUBG? The entire survival looting shooter genre was incredibly pointless until PUBG decided "this needs a time limit and an ever-shrinking play area to force shit to actually happen", and it worked.

>pbug
>time limit
>shrinking gameplay area
I can only agree if you somehow mean survival on an island with an ever shrinking pool of limited resources to build and engineer with that would take weeks to deplete

>weeks
Cut it down to an hour at most. It needs to be playable as a game and force people to not waste any time idle.

I wonder if Foxhole will develop to have mods that would allow this. Non-respawning resources would cause it, but I have no idea what would happen to the game balance then.

>an hour at most
Depends on how much simulation autism and server-owner control we're allowing. SS13 is a very alive cult game despite 3 hour rounds being typical.

>hour
What the fuck are they going to build in an hour?

What was the way they did it, just invisible walls or some stupid shit?
I guess making it so the outer regions are inhabited by progressively more and more enemies over time works, though the 'resources become scarce' thing is great.

How is foxhole? I have a massive boner for persistent battlefields like Aces High and WWII:O. Once fought a weeklong campaign to encircle Arnhem and destroy the British occupying it. Was great. Started with a 35-tank armor column.

>What was the way they did it, just invisible walls or some stupid shit?
It's not invisible, its huge and blue. As someone who liked the concept of DayZ but hated how the emergent gameplay concepts developed once you put actual players on a server, 4-man PUBG works way better. The wall is silly and immersion breaking but it works. 20-minute matches of PUBG is far superior to bi-weekly DayZ server resets.

Something. But they better fucking haul ass. You could easily build a tank or something if you don't spend time fucking dillydallying like you do in gmod.

I hear good things but have not bought in. The general summary I have received is as follows.
>combat is a mess of retards dying in seconds
>or getting teamkilled by artillery
>or dying to barbed wire in the forests
>outside of combat, there is resource farming
>autismos will gather for hours, and other autismos will steal trucks and ferry them from workshop to workshop
>bickering over truck ownership will occur because permissions are fucked
>artillery is crafted and promptly used to teamkill because you're aiming with azimuth

I wouldn't call it /egg/ even remotely, but it seems alright considered separately. Again, this is second-hand.

I'm tempted to register some /egg/ game URL's that contain the string hsg...

I made a spreadsheet for fugtorio productivity modules. Sorted so you know what you should be putting modules in first. Don't forget speed beacons act as a multiplier for this.

delet this

how does that do anything? The mongoloids over in the hearthstone thread won't even know

The one retard who got mad about fromthedepthsgame.com will notice it.

nice

Stop worshipping your false idol

Worship nature

Plant a seed and watch it grow for 20 years into a tree
Use that tree to gain more seeds to plant into more trees over 20 years
You don't double, triple or even quadruple how many trees you get - you get as many trees as you like!
Trees can provide food, but please don't burn them unnecessarily.
Trees can also provide habitats for wild creatures that may benefit you.

Why go into space when you have everything you need right here? What're you waiting for? Put down your blowtorch and stop digging up toxic waste and love nature, for nature will love you back! Don't watch your factory produce harmful chemicals, watch lovely green grass grow!

It seems somebody wants their forest burned down.

>set up a darkRP serb
>add simple prop damage
>turn prop cost on
>limit build zones so people have to actually make tools and vehicles that do things
>use wiremod and persistent props to add in some toolguns that are placed in the map with advanced tools like gravhull and safe space so people have to transport their goods and parts around the map for construction

nah

bowgineering

so you are ok with minecraft, but only if it has nothing to do with /mcg/?
nah, minecraft begone

how do prodModules work with x2 items like milScience?
does the extra produce 1 or 2 of them

it produces the results of one recipie, so two

I did not have sexual relationship with a Veeky Forums moderator

That's normal reaction in young engineers between 14 and 25 years old, literally nothing wrong with beating off to footage of steel mills

Have you built a waifu yet /egg/?

Why nearly every president of burgerstan is either a meme or awfully memetic?

>googled some steel mill photos
THIS SHOULDN'T TURN ME ON SO MUCH

>So Skinner box fags
Not so loud, crossout still haven't left
There are people ITT *right now* asking for /seg/ memes to be explained

Instead imagine the heat of this hall, the noise, HHHNNNGGG

youtube.com/watch?v=RA4u_9FLzso

Flying wing

please stop

>Harvesting intensifies

>he still crafts parts

It's the cheaper option, I made the calculations, my friend. Even with the legendary workbench cost.

The first adventure with the harvester: We had a player on our team who built a plane without wheels.

We carried him into battle.

fuck you and fuck whoever uses that part

>not embracing the melee and going fast

You have chosen poorly.

Does it instagib fools?

oh i am going fast
youll never catch me
i will rocket you in the ass with my double launchers

Last time I encountered one I just shat a TOW rocket from my back-mounted Clarinet onto it and while it didn't immediately fall off it fell off after contact.

Anyway, still, it's great. The weight is slightly more than using three augers (which are heavier than the buzzsaws) but the weight just helps keep your vehicle from lifting into the air, maybe, especially if you mount it low. The damage is better and you don't have to worry about only one of the melee weapons making contact.

Anyway tell me how the experience is because once I'm finished jewing and I buy back my inventory I'll probably pick one up.

I'd love to, genuinely. The game really needs a duel mode of any kind.