Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Tekken World Tour Announced
tk7.tekken.com/news/tekken-world-tour-announced
>Ultimate Tekken Bowl trailer
youtu.be/-BaJENh1Irs
>Geese Howard DLC trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA
>New Panel Art as Free DLC
gematsu.com/2017/07/tekken-7-teams-renowned-artists-game-panel-art-due-free-dlc-september
>Eliza and Taiko no Tatsujin DLC
siliconera.com/2017/07/28/eliza-taiko-no-tatsujin-dlc-join-tekken-7

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/preview
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>T7 Character Information Compilation
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WvT-GU9FPW4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh no... turns out Eliza actually has a cool moveset

I WANT MY TEKKEN BOWL AND 50 COSTUMES NOW!!! I WANT TO MAKE MY WAIFUS PRETTY!

All Ling players are fucking frauds. I can't wait til you fuckers realize that you're garbage without your precious AOP.

>play high rank player
>not a single move goes unpunished, they never drop or miss a single combo/juggle, they always break throws, can block low attacks on reaction

>play a lower rank player
>they will always, ALWAYS use RA when they can and give you free wins

i cosplay my ling as a native american and have fun making ppl like u upset uguu

how do you get out of the comboless combo?
I know shes just poking but I can never find openings to counter attack, so its as if they're true combos

git gud scrub

>it's an Akuma player
i really hope they dont think they're getting the rematch

but user said ranks don't matter

Stay mad

Anyone know?

>tfw I've been sucked into the King hype train
*growls at you*

don't press buttons

iirc she only has one move + on block and it's a slow move out of her flying stance, take your turn with a quick button or try crushing whatever move she's trying to exploit

they don't
like how size doesn't matter

jab after blocking df+1. if she steps the jab on a read, then next time, just backdash/step after df+1. if he delays the 2nd hit as a frame trap, whatever, that means you could've punished her. basically, just wait to block df+1, and then try a bunch of movement options, jab, or dick jab, or magic 4, or buffer low parry.

Why the fuck is there even the option to set 4 or 5 bar connections and 2+- ranks just for the matchmaking to give me the complete opposite. Fucking Christ I don't want to play against your 1 bar king or your 3 rank below me where I get nothing for winning.

As Lars, what can you do to beat Jin? Most of his punishes are faster than what you can spit out, and his moves track hard so sidestepping isn't very efficient either, so what are my options?

>Most of his punishes are faster than what you can spit out

My 10 frames were being beaten right out of me, it seems like he's a lot faster

learn what a punish is first

I went looking for the Tekken soundtracks on NamcoMusicCenter, but he only has 7 up for download, anyone got any links to OST downloads?
youtube.com/watch?v=WvT-GU9FPW4

>opponent attacks, you block or they miss
>attack back for damage

What am I missing?

It's not
>jab after everything

It's
>hey that's -10, better punish it with jabs

or even
>that looks unsafe, let me try to punish it or check the frame data

If your attack isn't guaranteed to hit it's not a punish

Either way, I legitimately couldn't get a hit in even with my fastest moves (1-1, 1-2, 2-1, etc.), everything I could do he was faster than. I don't know what to do

Some strings Jin has are plus on block. The last hit is mid and must be sidestepped I think.

Thanks, now next time I go against one I'll have a game plan.

Man I never understood /Tekgen/'s irrational hate for Alisa til I got to Vanguard all I see nowadays is scrubby Alisas either gimmicking like it's going out of style or hopkicking like they're playing Claudio.

Hate the player not the game

Alisa is whatever. For it's being caught by her iwr2 iwr3+4 and slide

Sometimes that full screen launcher gets me too :/

I don't really hate the character, I just think she's annoying. That and her strings last a little too long. And she loves crushing shit randomly.

So like the world looks like it's gone to shit at some parts, and yet every character who isn't directly involved in the main story acts like none of that shit is even happening. Why?

The challenge still stands lucifer.

You should practice this shit first, it's not gonna magically work just because you know about it. You probably don't even know how that sting looks like

Threadly reminder that there is nothing wrong with Hwoarang and if you fall for his backlash you have yourself to blame.

Because I think most of the team understands that going full retard in 6 was a huge mistake.

whos your main /tekgen/

lars
i wish he was in the game

Nina but I wish I wasn't so invested in her, I want to quit playing her to be honest because I feel like if I sinked this amount of time into a easy character I'd be orange by now.

Stop caring about your rank. If you find her fun, keep at it.

Eliza with a pocket Kazumi. Might give Lili another try since Kazumi isn't really doing it for me.

Most of the characters in Tekken are just people, they're not involved in world stage level events and never would be, they have regular lives and their plots revolve around personal issues generally

Mishima.

Best girl

i really need to go back to my boy yoshi though havent played him since sc4

Yeah, I feel it but I've been in Yellow for so long and I get irritated when I lose to super easy characters because all I think about is how much I gave to even make it this far, and how they probably picked up their character and in a couple days or weeks can stand even with me.

Sometimes I wish I could be content being your run of the mill mashing Josie or something.

Anyone wanna play PC JP?

Anyone know what the max damage combo off of Law's 3+4,3 is?
Or at least max carry

>win 7 matches in a row
>nothing
>lose 3
>demote

Is it still worth getting into the game, despite all the other shitters presumably having left/gotten good?

There are a lot of bad players dude

Optimal damage is:
3+4,4; (S!) f+4; b+2>3,4~DSS f+4
for 61 damage.

Best wall carry I can find is either:
3+4,4; (S!) f+4,3~DSS f+2; 3+4 (47)
3+4,4; (S!) f+4; f+2; 1; ff+2,3 (51)

I don't know if either of the wall carry options are actually good for the wall though.

Some Nina expert help me out, is 41 damage off of a (CH) jab float good without iWS1s? (1 > qcf1 > f2,1,4 > dash > qcf4,2,1)

Thanks senpai.

Somebody post that chain throws image
It should be in the op honestly

Holy shit I didn't expect to take a fucking circuitry course to play tekken

Fuck king. Never learning that gay shit. Fuck you.

>5 bars NA player
>Connection is completely underwater
>For some reason end up matched with a KR player that says 4 bars
>Connection isn't great but still playable; somehow better than most of the people the game matches with me from my own region
I wish I had the faintest idea what the fuck the bars even mean. It would be nice if they just showed ping.

KO is a game language, it doesn't reflect region

Ogre. Until he's back, idk. I want to play Kazuya but mishima mechanics are hard.

Lee

God I hate sidestepping in this game. Anytime I do it it's always so finicky. Can't tap too slow, can't tap too fast, when it happens you can't just quickly tap it again, nah you gotta wait for the window again. I'm panicking and need to get out of the way, why do I keep fumbling around and teabagging instead? Why does the sidestep even have to be on the same stick? There's only 4 attack buttons, I can't just map it to one of the shoulder buttons? fuck

What's josie's punish move

all of them

whats the fast one

df2, ws21, both 13 frames and both launching.

Disregard that, I suck cock, df2 is 15 frames.

Used to main King, but I've kinda sided him in favor of Bryan since the game came out

For how long are you in Japan?

So for Josies hop kick u/f3 combo is pretty simple but what about u3 or u/b3?

do I just ignore f+3 starter and start with 3,3 into dash f+2,3,4

King give me. Armor King back.

iktf my man

You faggots said their would be Tekken Bowl today, where is my Tekken Bowl?
I actually just want the beach wear

Why is crouch dashing so hard on my controller man

Jim but I really want Ganryu back

Who told you that? I heard it's at the end of the month according to the jap trailer

>can remember most of Nina movelist
>can barely remember any of Asukas

Her shit is all over the place, at least Nina has a flow to her moves

just go f qcf

Damn, I was about to promote and I thought the king I've played against just ragequit on me, but my driver crashed and the game along with it.

The timing was also spot on as it was mid-throw that would get me the 3rd dot.

stop spitting out strings. Lars has a lot of safe moves. Also if you're pressuring with your Entries, make sure he's respecting it. If you keep on posing in front of him and he keeps hopkicking you out of it, learn to take a hint.

Also watch out for his
>f+4
>EWHF followed by another EWHF
>His Axe kick
>His flying kick
>the low sweep from his stance so react to it

>but he only has 7 up for download, anyone got any links to OST downloads?
There's a torrent link to every other game on his channel too, look a little harder.

How can robot get pregnant?

>when it happens you can't just quickly tap it again, nah you gotta wait for the window again.
No you nig, learn to sidestep cancel.

tfw my anxiety is so bad I can feel demotion anxiety when i'm watching someone and not even playing myself

Discord link? Gotta bully fil for maining capo

I've only been playing online for a month and I had that bad for the first two weeks. Actual jitters, the 2nd day I started playing ranked I went and got beer to make it easier. Now all that is gone and I just enjoy the shit out of the game. 80% of my opponents only use a tiny chunk of their characters moves and have no idea how to block me.

Dragunov since Tekken Revolution

Bryan and King. Been my faves since Tekken 2. Although I also love Ganryu and Julia/Jaycee. They need to bring them back!!!

Just mash 1 for most of the chain throws unless you see he's going for RDC

Science.

Is it worth switching to Feng as a secondary if I've already spent like 100+ hours on Leo?

How hard is he to learn in comparison?

from my noob knowledge it seems like he is mostly fundamentals with very little strings

Not sure what's worse, waifu fags or edgelords that pick Bryan because he is cool and badass with a wicked sence humour like themselves.

wtf I love Bryan now

This pleases me