What does Veeky Forums think of modern Jaguar?

What does Veeky Forums think of modern Jaguar?

Pros:
>Allegedly better build quality
>The F Type

Cons
>No more dope hood ornament
>Their sedans look kinda bland

I think for a bit less money you could get an M2 or for a little more an M3. But if someone likes Jaguar then more power to them it’s their money.

I think they have become a bit more reliable though which was their main problem before. I don’t like the V6 F-Type at all but the V8 one is a decent car.

they're bland b/c they're ford

and even more bland because they're owned by tata

jaguar doesnt mean anything anymore

Love them, I’d buy one if i could. Better than german numbmobiles. Although infiniti is what i normally stick to because muh vq and reliability
> tfw no jaguar XE-R

They’re not ford anymore at all, which is why they’re doing so much better.
>ferd
Not even once

Jaguar used to build beautiful cars. Now they look just like any other car (other than the f-type, which is a great looking car). So why would anyone buy one when you could get something of far higher build quality and better reliability like a Lexus? Yes Lexus makes extremely ugly cars, but so does Jaguar now, and so does every other luxury auto maker.

The only Jaguar worth looking at is the f-type.

Do they still V12?

Hood ornaments are banned because muh pedestrian safety bullshit, not because Jaguar didn't want them. The F-type seems super nice but I don't understand how the V8 fuggin 2 seater is 1800+kg / 4k lbs. I hope they keep improving like they did the last few years

So much depreciation, i've had a 70s xj but i'd never buy a new one

>infiniti
is this bait?

What do you thing about the 2.0 turbo F-Type?

2018 Veeky Forums meme car?

>curry shit
next please

I've purchased a brand new XF last year, ask me anything.

How does it feel instantly losing $20k on a "luxury car" with a cheap interior?

I don't mind.

What kind of chutney was it served with?

>No more hood ornament
Hows anyone gonna know you drive a jaguar then?

Less luxurious and more cheaply made than my Toyota Avalon.

Is the ornament that important? I think it would be out of place on their modern cars but when I stopped to drool at an f-type, the guy I walking with only cared about where the ornament was.

some owners of early 00's x types and s types opted to fit them
they looked shite.

What's wrong with Infiniti?

How do you like it? I feel like Jaaaaaaags have good driving dynamics but Buick-tier interiors nowadays.

I love driving it so far, but yeah, they are somewhat cheaping out on the interiors: tons of leather, a big aluminium panel, and way, way too little wood! Hell, they don't even manufacture nice, wooden steering wheels anymore (samely, fucking BRITISH RACING GREEN paint wasn't available, so I had to stick with boring black).
Can take pictures if there's anything in particular you're curious about.

That’s exposed on like 95% of vehicles, what’s the problem?

Nothing at all.
It's literally a meme to hate on them with no logical reasons why.

Those supercharged V8s are making my dick tingle. I dont think theres another manufacturer that puts superchargers in luxury cars anymore.

Jaguar is basically the Indian Alfa Romeo.

Nice pajeet car

They are bland because Tata wants that BMW slice of the market, so they look like a fusion of a BMW with an audi than blown up 2 times their sizes because jaguars are supposed to be big sendans, right?
I just want the quad headlights and hood ornaments back, even Ferd kept them for a while

You have pics of inside the trunk? How about the center console?

I feel like those are things I can't just get nice pics of elsewhere.

Cons:
Poo in loo car from india

Memes aside, how much does Tata actually do as far as design and build quality etc.

Still Poo in loo car

That's not true at all. I used to work for an Infiniti dealer, at Nissan right now.

Infiniti and Nissan drag platforms on for way too long, (I.E. the EX/QX50 being relatively unchanged for 10 years now.)

There's been some black eyes too with unreliable and defective problems:

2003 and 2004 G35 chronic interior rattles due to plastic being joined to other plastic trim

2005-2007 G35 coupes and 2005-2006 sedans with the VQ35DE Rev-Up (6MT equipped cars) engine burning oil like crazy, many motors would seize up within warranty periods. A lot of cars received engine replacements just out of precaution

QX60 CVT failures

2014 and 2015 Q50's with DAS (Direct Adaptive Steering) were a bust, and Infiniti InTouch straight up never worked properly, to the point where there was/is class action lawsuits against Infiniti.

They used to be excellent value relative to competition back in the G35 era, now the price difference is not enough to compensate for the difference in quality vs most competitors

Too Nissan-y to be a luxury car, not aggressive enough to be a serious sports car, Q50 Eau Rouge cancelled. I could go on.

Now on the bright side:

They are breaking away from Nissan which is critical to them being taken seriously as a premium brand, the new VR30 engines are exclusive to Infiniti. The new Q60 coupe is a step in the right direction

Instead of turning to Nissan for a platform to make the QX30 on they partnered with Mercedes (albeit to use arguably the worst Mercedes (GLA 250) product built in the last 10 years)

There should be a new flagship sedan in coming years "Q80 inspiration concept"

Unfortunately most the lineup is still dressed up Nissan SUV's with an extra 30% added to the MSRP

I have hope for the brand going forward, but there's a lot not to like about it especially in the last 5 years.

Nothing, they just inject them with money
Butthurt poorfags are just butthurt

+1

It was an investment for Tata, notice how Jaguar has been breaking into the entry level market with the 4 cyl F-Type and the XE. Tata wants this to be a cash cow and get a piece of the North American pie, and to their credit they've done a decent job. I see plenty of new Jaguar products on local roads compared to just a couple of years ago.

Where'd the meme come from?
I feel like I just started seeing it everywhere all of a sudden.

It's because Nissan's a scummy company selling you cars with GM tier quality except on platforms over a decade old
Their cars are also styled by the blind

Are the 14-15 Q50s problems shared by the 16 refresh?
I'm between one of those and going with a cheaper 11-13 G37. Anything to look out for?

What happened to Japanese Reliability?
It is just meme after all?

Hood ornaments need to make a comeback.

Yeah a lot are, I would rather take a G37s 6MT sedan over a early build Q car. Outdated, maybe a little but it's not bad by any means. The S package brings a lot, big brakes, nice seat, different steering ratio, different gearing also IIRC. I can't think of any crtical flaw in the 37 other than neglectful owners, they're reliable cars but only if maintained. As soon as most Infiniti's become 5+ years old they get neglected to hell by a cheap owner

Sure, I'll get those for you in an hour. No idea if they will be nice, though.

I figured they're still somewhat built in United Kingdom, unlike what I was led to believe them to be indian cars.
Sure some factories but if I'd get one I sure would like it made in UK.

Here's the central console during boot.
Hard mode: no clean-up

And with default screen. Don't worry, when you switch to music/gps/whatever there are no more black borders.
Some cars have the inferior central console model: smaller and a bit more laggy screen, and physical buttons on the sides.

Trunk with the rubber mat. There's a slight depression between the edge of the trunk and the mat. It's 110cm long, and between 80 and 120 cm wide. I easily fit 6 cases of beer in there.

What can you tell me about that gear shifter?

post pics my dood.

also, theyre curry shit, they lost all their traditional credability by being sold to poos

it is a meme. the only reliable stuff was the shitboxes with no features pre 2005 or so

The knob pops up when you start the car. It's my first automatic, but it works flawlessly so far.

Just bought a black 2005 x-type wagon for my wife. I was looking at all wheel drive wagons under 10 grand for her and this one kinda popped up out of the blue. I'm pretty impressed with it so far but no doubt, there's plenty of Ford stamped parts in it, mostly electronic control modules.

this right here

Slick. It reminds me a bit of Tesla, except if they didn't have that terrible iPad.