Are modern BMW's still "sporty driving machines"?

Are modern BMW's still "sporty driving machines"?

Other urls found in this thread:

bmwblog.com/2017/09/18/bmw-2-series-active-tourer-may-be-nearing-its-end/
bmwblog.com/2016/11/11/bmw-2-series-active-tourer-success-nobodys-talking/
youtu.be/P5mWLL_dAEw
youtube.com/watch?v=T0jrZ2lye9U
shopbmwusa.com/PERFORMANCE/BMW-M-PERFORMANCE/TUNING
youtube.com/watch?v=-Qg8IewQrv8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They used to by gay, now they're really gay

What the hell is that?

M series if you can afford it. A lot of these companies are trying to one up each other on luxury features and who has the bigger iPad in the console. I don’t see myself buying any modern car ever. 2013 2014 May be the newest.

only mazda and torche seem to care
chevy does alright job too
dodge and ferd are at least trying

No they are a symbol of being a poor immigrant, or a cuck, depending on your chosen modell.

i work at a benz dealership and i drive the new 440i coupe like pic related recently, excellent machine.
honestly all bmw's that are non basic bitch models are sporty (excluding SUVs)

Do people give you shit for not driving a merc?

lol i actually own a e39 540i i just drove the 440i but yeah my coworkers sometimes give me shit for driving the ''less superior brand'' but i know it's not true, I prefer how BMW is more sports oriented while benz caters more to badgewhores or wealthy old men.

My only problem with BMW is that they don't build proper sports cars like the AMG GT R or Project One, bmw's halo car is a 3 cylinder hybrid.
I hope BMW gets their shit together and builds a M1 successor

The boomermobiles in europe. 2 series active tourer. Mercedes has the B class, etc.

I hope the M8 becomes bmw's halo penismobile. I like the shape of the car and hope they'll produce some AMG GTR-like ring times

I hoped so too the concept looked really promising but the recently leaked images suggest that it's just another pigfat luxury oriented 6 series successor

2 series tourer. Sales were abysmal for it so they've stopped making them now too. Some lessons have to be learned the hard way.

source on that? because bmw sold 100.000+ active tourers in europe in 2016.

>work at Ford dealership
>have a Mercedes
>they say it "sends the wrong message" to customers when its in the parking lot
>they're trying to get me to use a demo car as my car for work just so the Merc isnt in the parking lot
>offering free fuel too
>i still take the Merc because fuck them

I believe I read it on BMWblog which is a BMW news site. Apparently this gen will be the only gen, though they might keep making it for China and parts Europe. It sold poorly in the US and Australia mostly because of the FWD and hideous appearance.

oh i think i found the article.
bmwblog.com/2017/09/18/bmw-2-series-active-tourer-may-be-nearing-its-end/
that's good news honestly but i did not think it has poor sales because there are tons of those shits in sweden and funny how it was considered a ''success'' a year ago
bmwblog.com/2016/11/11/bmw-2-series-active-tourer-success-nobodys-talking/

Have they ever been? Am I the only one who thinks they've always made ugly, boring, stodgy pieces of shit? I've honestly never understood the brand-worship. I think they're all shit. I just kinda shrug and laugh at people driving them.

my friend works at a audi dealership and he drives a bmw and everyone complains lol

That's the one. It sold well initially but after that it went ice cold. Everyone who wanted one bought it immediately and everyone else shunned it.

I've only ever seen one and I hated it. There's not a single BMW thing about it at all, I'd of almost thought it was a rebadged Hyundai.

why can't you see past the brand and look at the cars objectively?

I have a BMW and work at BMW but I have a friend with an Audi, who swears they're better in every way, but meanwhile it shits oil at random and overheats to the point that it boils. I do piss him off by calling it a dolled up Volkswagen though.

That's what I am doing. That's why I'm throwing all that out there and making the assumption people think they're rad because of the illusion of prestige. They're white elephant grandpa cars. Sporty? Hell no.

majority of audis actually are tarted up vw's
tell your friend audi also has no brand history because their first racing victories were in the 1980's while bmw has been winning races since the 1930's

base models aren't sporty but the high end bmw's (M cars) are considered the benchmark of daily usable sports cars.

He's very stubborn about it. I'll freely admit to liking some Audi's but he bitches about BMW all looking the same and I don't just mean the new ones, he means even all the old ones.

Meanwhile there's pic related. Mercs and BMWs look pretty different but Audi's are seriously all the same at the front end.

>the only changes are lower covers and the grille sometimes changes its edges a little
platform sharing: check
design sharing: check

when did audi get so lazy

Current 3 series still is lighter and more nimble than the comparing C class or Audi a4 so yeah.

>he means even all the old ones.
he aint wrong

I wish BMW would make the M2.R with only a few track related gizmos and a roll cage. And keep the rest purely rest mechanical. The stero is just a Harmon kardon Bluetooth speaker you can leave at home for track day for easy weight reduction.
I mean little interior , wire door openers, dealer bolts on the seat to match the driver height. Steering wheel is a wheel with no bullshit.

Base would be $60k and they would make a shit load of cash.

Even the one series weighed wayy to much and it was 'the successor to the 2002" lmao. Its literally bigger than the old 5 series.

the answer is m240i with a few simple mods

Compared to other brands, definitely. Most of the complaints against modern BMWs (electronic steering, weight, etc) apply to pretty much every other modern car. And despite that, almost everyone who has reviewed new BMWs loves them.
That's because you think being edgy and contrarian makes you look cool, when it's just annoying.

according to C&D the chevy ss is basically just a reliable m5 e39. and e39 is the benchmark m5. meaning that bmw ain't much???

They literally all are glorified Volkswagens

e39 was the benchmark in 1998
chevrolet built a car that is almost as good as a pigfat 20 year old BMW saloon

I don't know what to tell you. I really wasn't being edgy. Sorry for annoying you with my differing subjective opinion.

and yet every m5 that followed got more pigfat and shit and electrically assisted. only reason e60 is worth anything is the damn f1 engine and even then only if you can afford yearly rebuilds

>muh straight line speed
lolson

you aren't contrarian bmw are just the most overrated brand in history and their fanboys are mad as fuck at this simple fact. they were always poorly built sedans that attempted to be sporty while offering some ''luxury'' while everyone else just did something they were good at while they juggled this jack of all trades persona. and now people copy them fuck

Huh. I actually didn't realize they were meant to be sporty. I can see the little bit of everything luxury car thing though.

but BMW has built the best saloons historically.
only people who have 0 experience with BMW M cars think they are overrated.

best affordable sports car: BMW M2
best grand tourer: M6 GC
best super saloon: M5
best sports sedan: M3
best hatchback: M140i
best sports utility: X5M
best econoboxes: BMW Mini
best luxury cars for the 1%: BMW Rolls Royce
best motorbikes: BMW Motorrad
not even memeing btw

You're a retard. Stop thinking life is a jalopnik article.

Lmao why though? A M240i costs $45k add the optional LSD for $2300 and and M Performance tune and exhaust for $2850 you have a car that is almost as good as an M2 for sub 50k.

I've seeing more and more of these things lately. Holy fuck they're ugly

Yeah... Just with none of the suspension components, bigger brakes, wider track wheels, forged engine internals, or the multitude of other tweaks.

>M performance tune
LOL Ask me how I know you're a benchracer who's never driven these cars or even been around them.

Some days ago I was watching tv and this BMW 1 series commercial appeared, featuring an M sport diesel model driving here and there in an urban environment.

The voice of the speaker kept talking about the marvellous BMW Idrive infotainment, the led headlights and assistance pack to enhance the security and driving pleasure (?) of the ultimate driving machine.

Not a single word on the car being RWD, not a single mention of 6 cylinders engines, not even mentioning the 3 grades of optional steering setups and other things.

This is the current state of BMW customers and BMW, marketing their cars toward normies who don't even know these cars are RWD and who ultimately don't even buy them because they're mechanically refined, just only for the badge they carry.

This is why the new 1 series is going to be FWD.

There are people here who have the guts to unironically shitpost about Alfa Romeo. Makes me think.

Do you even know what the M Performance tune is?

This is the average car AD you can see in Europe:

youtu.be/P5mWLL_dAEw

Completely retarded and degenerate spot, basically telling you not to care about the road since you have the nannies avoiding you to kill someone...and on top of that, women in the car.

Fucking god I'm unironically thinking of buying a GT-86 and keep it until it dies, if this is the future for us.

wrong

Something you pay a dealer like $2k for? Something that doesn't net you horsepower gains like some of the other tunes? Something that's a total rip off and only a benchracing retard who doesn't know SHIT would think is an actual viable option?

Explain yourself then

>This is the average car AD you can see in Europe:
wrong

I always wondered, if you’re working at a dealership do you get a big discount on a new car? Or get to lease one for cheap?

youtube.com/watch?v=T0jrZ2lye9U

How do you function day to day in society? Do you have a handler that takes your fully retarded ass everywhere?

maybe it's the problem with italians?

So you don't know what it is.
Typical clueless retard spewing your shit while spouting memes, kys

Go ahead and tell me which of these isn't exactly what I described
shopbmwusa.com/PERFORMANCE/BMW-M-PERFORMANCE/TUNING

Fucking retard LARPer.

ITAL ITAL ITAL

But seriously, as an Italian, it's just the women (same thing goes for French and American women too), they see a cute or funny commercial and all of a sudden "Wow I like that car!"

Advertisements play towards the lowest common denominator.

youtube.com/watch?v=-Qg8IewQrv8

Kek

Wow what a dumbass. Do you not see you can't even get a separate tune for the 2 series, it's included with the M Performance exhaust.
And sure go tune your BMW with an aftermarket chip and lose the warranty stupid shitter.

i'm never ever getting on a BMW bike again. Literally never been that scared in my entire life

>best bike
Not anymore for quite a while user. The k1600gt has a neat i6 and the r1200gs' boxer is pretty reliable (unlike the abs pump), but the rsv4 shits on the s1krr every day of the week. Ktm's super duke 1290 GT is alot better for allroad/adv riding

Autismo: the encyclopedia

dodge is trying
Yeah like how they killed snek