/twg/ - Total War General

RATMEN Edition

A bunch of Norsca stuff has been released by YouTubers. Most of the original Warhammer LL's are getting new skill trees, like Franz and Azhag.

30 Regiments of Renown for CA 30th Anniversary:
youtube.com/watch?v=yz7qXNJglxI

Norsca (Throgg) Campaign Gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=qO8OtI0FQMg&t=4s

Norsca Roster:
totalwar.com/blog/norsca-army-roster/

Norsca Racepack CGI trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=RbrbDa9EBR0

Mini-campaigns are gone, 4 LL packs instead
totalwar.com/blog/early-adopter-post-launch/

Dark Elves Roster Reveal:
totalwar.com/blog/dark-elf-army-roster/

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Dark Elves In-Engine Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=zB6FaGBz0Lo

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 - High Elves Let's Play
youtube.com/watch?v=D-8RQCwevAk

Total War Saga Announcement Blog
totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog/

New Race Pack for TWWH1, New DLC for past historical game and other stuff:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17/

Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=g3CmxjTFv_Y
Lizardmen Roster Reveal:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/

High Elf Roster Reveal:
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Announcement Cinematic Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Last thread Screenshot sharing and campaign posting encouraged!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3nhSao_cXeI
warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Greenskins#fn_7a
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Has anyone seen the special rewards for each god yet? The mammoth pack and Frost-Wyrm RoRs?

>for the wisdom of the layer

What did he mean by this?

Motherfucking doomwheels.

probably meaning the lair instead of the layer, he's secretly a Skaven spy

>Captcha: ROAD KEKMERE

But it get boring and repetitive really quickly.

I get it, they're trying to rip the Lord of the Rings where Faramir explains that the Mordor can sacrifice an army to destroy a human company and still win, but it's ridiculous.

BASED QUEER HEADGIVER!

First for /ourgirl/ shooting cunts in the head

>Skaven

WHAT A TWIST

Yes it really stalled the lore, putting all the good dudes on the brink of oblivion doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room for interesting and new stories.

Every good faction in Warhammer boils down to
>Your faction was really great once
>Here's the story of this epic hero who built your faction into what it is
>Then bad stuff happened! Your faction is only a shadow of its former self
>But this new guy is here and he's a lot like the old guy, make your faction great again!

Memes aside why does metal man always say yes innocent?

I thought the frost wrym RoR was a hunting reward

For peeps that played the tabletop, is your favorite faction in game the one you used to play or is it different?

At least it's better than Warhammer 40k. All good factions in 40k miss that last part.
Warhammer is a bit more optimistic.

>Slaanesh
Special Chaos sorcerer with a dragon and two lores
>Khorne
Special Hellcannon with four cannons int eh group
>Tzeentch
Lord of Change Lord
>Nurgle
Plague across the whole map that doesn't effect you (presumably does attrition damage)

THE NATION CALLS.

My sides.

Chorfs Chorfs Chorfs

>Khorne
>special hellcannon

What did they mean by this?

They mean that they couldn't be bothered to make a new unit

Maybe that some day they'll bother to make the Hellcannon a monster like it's supposed to be

recycling assets

>i guess my leaving party's on monday
one can only hope

Best waifu when?

Maybe it's a tease for a special Chaos Dwarf unit.

But user, le feet smellchantress is already in ze game!

When Daemons of Chaos get added as an army. Or maybe she's a secret third legendary lord that you unlock if you side with the Wolf oh god please be something other than hellcannons what the fuck were you thinking CA?

You don't like hellcannons?

The hellcannons we have now are basically Radious tier

They're good cannons

And bad monsters, they're not artillery pieces, they're monsters that roll forward and eat enemies in melee combat.

The Dwarfs are monster handlers, not crew

Yep, Hellcannons are supposed to be good in melee

>Skarnsik novel
typo aside, I stand corrected it seems.

Although, Skarsnik says he crawled out of the dirt in a cave, and 40k orks literally fall off large mushrooms IIRC.

Still, interesting that they finally decided on the origin of greenskins.

Considering that in-game they're iron daemon dicks that jizz burning souls, with pulsating testes, no.

Skarsnik still came from a mushroom. Greenskins start out as spores in the ground that need to be fertilized somehow. I'm pretty sure it's blood that's needed. Then they crawl out of their birthing cave and get put to work by runtbosses.

I always imagined in melee the Hellcannon would switch to SUCC and start vacuuming up enemy infantry.

It's a shame it's just a boring old cannon

>It's to give the good guys awesome victories.

>The Bretonnian army book has like 10 pages of just riding down hundreds of thousands of Orcs, the Lizardmen genocide millions of Skaven. The more desperate the good guys are, the more glorious the victories

Some of the battle stories are so over the top that it becomes ridiculous. The dwarf army book has a story about a small band of dwarfs led by Belegar in Karak Eight Peaks that fought off and inflicted tens of thousands of casualties on a night goblin army that literally outnumbered them thousands to one. It only makes sense if you assume that the silly stuff in the army books is mostly exaggeration and propaganda.

Enjoyed Gobbos in TWW more than on tabletop because TWW made them viable.
Waiting for Delves in TWW2 (my main build.)

>and 40k orks literally fall off large mushrooms IIRC.

I want to examine your post. You told lie while disguising it as ignorance. Orks in 40K grow from spores from the ground. They crawl out of earth when they are done gestating.

It's the same way with Greenskins in fantasy. In fact, 8th ed rulebook speculates that the Orcs were brought to this world when their spores clung to the Old Ones ships.

> be fertilized somehow. I'm pretty sure it's blood that's needed.

They do not need any fertilizing.

September 28.

>Most of the original Warhammer LL's are getting new skill trees, like Franz and Azhag.
wait fucking what

source?

No, I have read the novels. Goblins are shit fighters for the most part. Only numbers and fungus beer makes them a threat. Skarsnik intelligence and perfect grasp of ambush warfare helps.

So I just came from Veeky Forums. Some Florida dude is suing GW for 60 million dollars for throwing out WHFB among other things.

Which one of you did it?

>LelgendofTotalWar loves the Norsca campaign

youtube.com/watch?v=3nhSao_cXeI

My hype got increased a bit desu, he usually slags TWW off.

>people who get paid for stuff are motivated
no... really?

CA is going full shillmode for this update

There's one scene in the Skarsnik novel where h kills a rival gobbo near a birthing cave and comments how his blood will help the squig babies grow.

black library shit is barely canon

>and sweden who's lead by angela merkel
I didn't know who this guy was until just now but he seems like a good guy.

I'm fine with gobbos being shit fighters but losing when they outnumber the enemy thousands to one requires too much suspension of disbelief. Even without weapons they should be able to smother the dwarfs under the weight of their dead bodies.

I really hate how fags like Macedon, Legend, and Pixelated won't even give TWW a chance unless they're paid shills just because "muh history". It's a fun game and sure it's lacking in mechanics like Siege battles, but it is by far the most enjoyable and well executed Total War title.

Bretonnians burn orc corpses after battle to avoid the spores from spreading.
Stop being an ass and admit that you were wrong about something.

Why do you even care?

Shut your mouth.

They are mushroom spores. Humid areas full of nutrients makes them grow stronger and faster.

In 40K Tuska the Daemon Killas Waaagh! was taken to the Warp to be the plaything of Khorne . It had its spores continuously falling into the blood drench ground and the blood pools of Khorne's realm. It's said that such an environment was perfect for these spores to grow and spawn more Orks to add to the Orks fighting beneath the gaze of Khorne. From your logic, you are saying that Ork spores were being fertilized by the blood of countless alien races. No, that's stupid.

From another 40K novel, humans examining the Ork spores can see Ork fetuses growing inside.

>he doesnt care about irrelevant shit
Why are you even on Veeky Forums

This.

Maybe. He seems consistent in his judgement of the game and mentions it in this video.

He makes some good videos on Legendary runs if you like to pick up some great tips but as such most of his let's plays are pretty minmaxed.

I agree. I've played all TWs except Shogun 1 and TWW is my favourite game in the series.

Important stuff.
Like shortstacks or telling people that their Persona waifus are shit.

WHTW is based on 8th ed so basically that makes Malekith the good guy while the High Elves the bad guys.

Feels good to have friends

>You told lie while disguising it as ignorance

Grammar and unnecessary butthurt aside, I'm just trying to make sense of the ever-changing mess of retractions, retcons and disagreeing authors that gw call a canon.

Also I distinctly remember reading that the point of snotlings in 40k is to nurture and grow the mushrooms that birth the larger greenskins, which indicates that there is something above ground to nurture.

40k fan here.

Why have the recent releases of 40k games so shit but fantasy games so great?

40k:
Eternal Crusade = Shit
Dawn of War 3 = Shit
Inquisitor = I can tell from the gameplay alone that it'll be shit
Gothic Armada = Okay

Fantasy:
Total War = Great
Vermintide = Great
Mordheim = Great

Is 40k cursed to never have a good game now???

anne is best girl

Talisman Horus Heresy is pretty great, though I guess that isn't 40k is it.

40k is shit, it's popularity is literally sustained by American gun addiction.

you already had, it's dawn of war

fuck off to Veeky Forums

Only people who actually care about Warhammer bother making Warhammer games. CA has a bunch of Warhammer fans, so were the Vermintide and Mordheim teams.

Most 40k games are just trying to cash in on the easy market after DoW1/2 were so utterly massive considering they were RTS games.

Deathwing is okay.

I don't even see what they can do to save it. I like 40k as well, love DoW 1 but I think TWW is by far the best Warhammer game.

She's ppretty good, but she's for Ryuji.

Yes and DoW III is nothing but a shitfest and a middle finger to fans of the previous titles.

It's going the same route C&C did and tried WAY TOO HARD to appeal to the MLG crowd and it doesn't appeal to ANYONE.

RATS
A
T
S

WHEELS

Forgot about Deathwing.

Yeah it's okay but compared to Vermintide (which is pretty much the same game but in the fantasy universe) it's shit.

It has less players than Soulstorm.

There is no retcons. You are a lying bastard. Don't ever speak about the fluff again. This is your last warning.

Orks do not fall from mushrooms. They crawl out from the earth. And the snotlings cultivate mushrooms that the Orks use for making food and beer. Don't get things mixed up like this.

>Kawakami

They've added chaplain character, they didn't abandon game at least.

>Reproduction
>The Greenskins are hybrids of animal and fungal lifeforms and reproduce by means of spores being continuously released from the Greenskin's body. When these spores take root, the infant greenskin is formed underground and once fully matured, it would dig its way to the surface under the dome of a shriveled mushroom cap.[3a]
>This is the entire basis of the Greenskin ecosystem, producing first Squigs, then Snotlings who cultivate the Squigs and the fungus they feed on, then Goblins to build the Greenskin settlements, and finally the Orcs themselves. This means the Greenskins, wherever they go, will have an abundance of food, slaves and other resources, a moving ecosystem that supports them as they unleash their WAAAGH! across the known world.

You faggots should learn how to google
warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Greenskins#fn_7a

Source to lore is in wiki

They were Tomb Kings and Dark Elves, so I can't really judge yet.

>obsession with deadly foreign substance from space
>obsession with circular objects
>backstabbing craven fucks with a knack for mad science
Shit I just realized that the Skaven are almost exactly like Zebesian Space Pirates, except rats instead of space bug men.

Lizards were my TT army, they look to be pretty perfect thus far and will probably continue to be my favorite

TUBEPATHS

>tfw no tyombn kings

>he doesnt know about the latest happenings
Yeah now 40k got it too

queek makes me boggle irl

So if Daemons of Chaos be a faction at some point, then what is going to be their LL?

>some fag who gets less than 10k views in a day gets early access

Skarbrand, Kairos Fateweaver, N'kari and some Nurgle fag no one cares about

Rats are disgusting and belong poisoned dead in a hole.

I really like them too but I never played TT. is the solar engine anything like a luminark of hysh?

Similar purpose, it also gave nearby Lizardmen increased speed due to its warmth so it'll be interesting to see if the aura makes it in the game

>N'kari

Cannot happen. N'kari has like 4 bared breasts.

I don't really care about Skaven, but if we actually get Pestilens related shit at launch rather than in the later Lords pack like we were all expecting my interest is notably more peaked.

So it's literally a big laser gun as well? nice.

Spandex please!

pasties.

Not to mention that slaanesh is a soon to be retconned god

Games Workshop need to stop letting pussy ass companies without a spine make their 40k games. Simple as that.

If you don't got the balls to properly portray the grimdark reality of 40k, then don't fucking make a 40k game to begin with.

The gaming industry is littered with sissy pissy developers, it makes me fucking sick.

That's Forgeworld deamon, N'Kari is this.