[Daily Bike Thread - /dbt/]

200+ km/h power wheelie on public roads edition.

>Motorcycle Brand Shilling
>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Tips & Tricks
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice
>Motorcycle Chicken Strip Support Group.

/dbt/ map: Meet, fight, fuck:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

No Bike? Start here:
Tfw no Grom simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

Beginner-friendly bikes:
a2bikes.co.uk/

Check your helmet's safety rating here:
crash.org.au/

Webms With Sound:
No current thread on /wsg/, go tell the /hg/ people that Ducati is better.

Previous thread:

Fuckin A, dis gon be a good issue.
Only thing missing is folks not understanding engineering concepts, and people trying to explain those concepts in an overly complex way.

2nd for Guzzi a best

3rd for scout a best and tfw no riding buddies

4th for adv is best

The scout looks so damn cool and simultaneously shits all over harleys. If I had the garage space and time to ride more bikes, I’d own one for sure

6rd for >tfw no bike

wr's sister in the center fold?

learning on a 650cc dual sport was fun, but after 2000+ miles on it I feel the urge to get something meant for roads only now. Convince me why a cruiser is the best option

What is your current bike(s)? I'd only ever need three: a Scout for long and general purpose rides, an offroader for offroading, and a supersport to kill myself on.
>tfw good trails but no dirtbike

tfw first riding lesson tomorrow on 125cc and it's not even a grom

You'll be going from a slow, comfortable, fun bike to a slow, comfortable, boring one, it's the perfect transition

>good trails but no dirt bike
I relate. Own a Guzzi V7, MC22. Slowly turning the latter into a dedicated track bike. The Guzzi fortunately fills my cruiser, standard, and tourer slots really nicely. I was seriously considering the Scout before it, though.

Do any places near you loan dirtbikes?

Ye

So I was tongue jacking this chicks shitbox the other day...

no liter no peter

I-I might get a super duke r or tuono in april. I need to know how to prevent my ktm becoming a fireball. I need this
sweatingpepe.jpg

did she erupt when you poked your tongue in?
some of that sticky curry shit right?

dirtbiking isn't a big enough thing on long island to have loaners.
How do you like the guzzi? I've never seen one irl

Ayyy

how do grils taste like

nah just a piece of corn

uma delicia.jpg

Pork or veal

makes me miss my old meanstreak

Ah, it’s common enough here but I think once I have the cash I’ll grab a used shitbike trailie rather than loaning.

Guzzi is impressing me a lot so far. Punching well above its 53HP and consistently surprises me. Engine is an acoustic and mechanical wet dream, and the chassis is my ideal blend of sporty and relaxed. Basically turning out to be my ideal daily driver bike.

Fish and coins.

Salty coins and milk

>53hp
>impressive

1500cc? That thing has got to be fast, at least compared to a Hurley.

Im debating buying upgrades for my Indian or buying a KLR.

Wat do.

You missed:
>surprised
>punching above its weight

53HP isn’t impressive in lieu of an H2R, no, but I was expecting less and was pleasantly surprised. So yes, impressive.

>buying a KLR ever
At least don't buy the worst dual sport/adv bike in existence if you've decided to go that route.

KLR over a DR650 or similar big dual sport?

To be blunt cruisers are pretty shitty dedicated road bikes.
>unorthodox seating position and foot placement make sure every little blemish on the road surface will be registered by your spine
>consequently a cruiser's comfort depends entirely on its suspension so manufacturers employ soft suspension which is adequate only for better roads
>soft suspension coupled with squat travel leads to the cruiser bottoming out on every little pothole and furthers the cruisers inability to take a corner
>the dedicated inability to turn is advanced with poor lean angle, a mile-long wheelbase, excessive weight and retarded rake
>low seating position makes sure you have diminished view in congested city traffic
>you most certainly lack the gravitas to pull off a cruiser

Anyone here bikes only? Found myself in this position since my car broke down.Kind of sucks when it's 25F, but I'm slowly getting warmer gear.

I'm dirt fucking poor so I probably won't have another car for a while, but I'm starting to not mind. Probably mind even less once it warms up.

But theyre cheap and reliable.
What should I buy if not a KLR650?

I mean it's not impressive but why were you surprised? A 750cc V-Twin would make about that, if not maybe a little more.

When you consider Honda squeeze 47hp out of a 471cc parallel twin it's really not a surprise, if it weren't for the torque figures I'd say it's pretty poor.

Idk my dude.

yeah i've been riding only bike for over a year, sucks dick for a lot of reasons but i got used to it, weather is warm where i live at least

also poorfag, been driving on the highway in joggers, shitty adidas and a bomber for the past month since i have to commute now

To back up what is saying, cruisers will absolutely murder your back. Both in terms of pain and medically. You can’t use it and not your legs as a shock absorber long term without both muscle, posture, and a variety of other issues manifesting.

53hp from a 750 is pathetic

It makes both less horsepower and torque than an SV650 too.

I was honestly thinking the throttle response would be dull, and that it’d need an absolute thrashing to get every one of those 53 ponies out. Coupled with the weight, I was expecting a lazy bike, or one that was reluctant to take off briskly and run through twisties. Got a much more enthusiastic machine as a result.

So I guess surprised by how effortless it is compared to its specsheet, rather than surprised by the fact that a 750 twin makes 53HP in the first place.

It does make its peak power and torque at very low RPM but the fact that it performs worse than a V-Twin with 100cc less is pretty terrible.

I honestly encourage you to try one out if you can. I was considering the Brutale of all bikes along with the Guzzi, and even after test riding I’m more than happy with the V7. Something about it negates outright power as a priority.

>>you most certainly lack the gravitas to pull off a cruiser

what does this mean

DR650 is the obvious choice, just as powerful, cheap and reliable, but much lighter, even accounting for the difference in fuel capacity. But aside from that, you have dual sports that are just as powerful as the KLR, while being way lighter, and you have big ADV bikes that are just as heavy and shitty off road as the KLR, but with way more power.

It beats taking the bus. Cheaper too.

desu it wasn't all that fast...the 1500 quickly got replaced by the 1600. But it did handle fairly well for what it was. My problem was I kept trying to ride it like a sportbike and kept scraping corners and overrevving it. Still sounded good and was comfortable.

DR650 is somewhat underwhelming but then again so is the klr

I've been considering it desu. My car has cost me about 8 times as much in insurance and registration, it's way more expensive and harder to do my own maintenance, it's less fun, slower, uses more fuel and I have trouble parking it in many places. And next year I'm going back to college, which has parking for bikes, but not cars, so I won't even have any use for it during weekdays.

The KLR seems more popular, for every DR650 ive seen there have been a dozen KLRs for sale. And are the DR650s aircooledor watercooled?

Id like something like a 701 or an AT but Im a manlet that doesnt want a new motorcycle payment.

How do people lock the back wheel on the grom

Repairs are why my car died. I couldn't fix all the electronic shit without magic tools (20 year old car!) and the transmission needed rebuilt and I obviously don't own a lift. Bike is carbureted and has no electronics (20 year old bike!) and I do all the repairs with simple tools.

Yes. That was why historically many cruiser enthusiasts employed ape hangers.

The more you know. Bike related factoids make me comfy

No it isn't. I don't get the elitist attitude these threads get.

I personally find cruisers much more comfortable than any kind of cramped up sport bike. If you're having the suspension bottom out and hurt your back, it's broken or you hit a massive pothole.

Mind you I prefer the bikes we used to call "standards." Like sitting on a chair.

i see you are a proponent of the anti-biker wire theory

Yes that is why apehangars are used, at least if theyre properly set up. Sure theyre used stylistically but they can have practical function.

Don't get me wrong - I like all motorcycles, but the man was considering a cruiser as a more road-oriented alternative to his current single cylinder commuter.
The previously mentioned Moto Guzzi V7 would be a much more comfortable and enjoyable machine.

>I personally find cruisers much more comfortable than any kind of cramped up sport bike
t.weak lil bitch

Ape hangers are more comfortable though, you just look like a colossal faggot for having them

You're the problem with these threads.

>weak lil virgin posts a children's cartoon

Everyone is different. It's why I like bikes, you can change the bars and pegs to suit you. Well, usually. You can put risers on clip ons but if you're a tall person you can't really "fix" a supersport.

a true road motorcycle for the discerning patrician

>Nobike troll

>confirmed manlet

Pick one.

bag of sands

>tfw no pigfat 1200
i'll get one when i'm 40

elf a cute

Maybe you can answer me why bmw sells an $11,000, 600lb scooter. Who is buying these things?

touge masters

kys

Nope, I'd go with the bench racer brigade. Truly a cadre of nobikes.

who's best girl then?

I know my old 650gs is not the same as a 1200 but its actually pretty incredible how much you can throw those bikes around

wr user

not even best /dbt/ trap

because that's an actual girl lel

wr sister is a qt though

Is this true? I always thought cruiser were "the comfortable bikes". One of the reasons I got the scout was because going from NY to Florida appealed to me more than doing wheelies and weaving in and out of traffic at 140 mph

that's my gf you freak

>tfw qt wants to go on a Roman Holiday date around Phoenix
>chances of getting my benis felt is high

Time to stop being a sperg

Right ;)

nice! I always wanted my sister to be my gf

My gf on her bike.

Our numbers are growing.

jelly wizard ;^)
uh... wow??

$1000 to $1200 can bring your Scout 60 to 87 hp at the rear wheel, easy mods. Get a PVCX tuner from Fuel Moto, a set of decent slipons, and an S&S air cleaner.

I want a scout now. But I'm a poorfag

Why don't you own a super four /dbt/?

It seems silly to spend $1200 bucks to squeeze out a few more HP when the big scout is only $2000 more expensive.

they suck dick and look like shit