/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

I expected nothing and I'm still dissapointed edtion
>Patch 4.06 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/28053f7fa83022c6b203fdcfbd32b042fee8619c

>Patch 4.05 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/782e44043959ae82ead5c6745dac3297a0083b69

>Live Letter Q&A
forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/337124-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XXXVII-Q-A-Update-Thread

>Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log/

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/bFcDNb57

Previously on /xivg/:

summoners are fine

Spoil me, what do you do in the event?

How do you go from bootleg super sentai outfits to this.

It's the meta that's the problem

You're awful people

you set off fireworks, overpay for fish because you're lazy, and get a shisui recolor.

Do I stay a zesty moonc@boy or should I make a malezen?

Do you think we'll ever get a second headgear slot, such as 'face', so I can wear glasses or an eyepatch without giving up my hat?

These are the most unimpressive fireworks I've seen, even my character isn't amused.

Look for cute girls threw a scope and big roe bulges

glub

This whole event feels cringe.

is this a dom lizzer?

They have someone who works hard to make sure what you get isn't the same as last year. You might say he's their power arranger.

i-is it worth it to sub for this even so I can see cute catgirls in bikini?

I thought they were nice

Probably around the same time every job gets some secondary weaponry

SMN theme
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bWKbQNaz-Y

Almost as cringe as that horrific colour balance. I swear parts of that red haori are turning purple from over saturation.

Is your mouth full?

Rarely, but it does happen sometimes.

MODS

What server are you on, also enjoy your temp ban for nsfw stuff

m-mods!!

Post c@bois.

Yes, I use a mod.

Balmung.

Heh, there will be no lewd here m'lady. Enjoy your temporary banishment from the premises for this foul imagery.

keep going

I wanna repopulate an aquarium with this fish!

So what colour did you dye your Faire set, /xivg/?

I went with Deepwood Green

Does this slutty lizard like hanging out with catgirls?

>move for a mechanic
>lose 400 dps

yoshida is the problem

go on...

I went with blue for mine. I only used the top though and used some nice pants. The little skirt thing is too much for me.

FFLOGS IS THE PROBLEM

Yes, full of water
Interesting
Rose pink because I had some on me, I kind of want to make green work some time though because of my eye color

Aside from my black dress, I dye everything grape purple.

I like the top and made it white with red bikini bottoms. I hate the leggings with sandals

I like the red.

Do it

Those ones are okay, but the mortars were cheap.

can you make an imgur of your feet

I like the level of grumpiness due to weather

I really want the Cloud Mallow mount, but I haven't leveled any crafters. Would it be to level a single crafter to 50 without spending too millions of gil in the process? I'm poor, and also every guide on the net says "level all of them", but all I want is that mount. ;_;

purple pastel

I can see that. We make more fireworks and lights with our weaponskills lol. Those mortars were lame fountains

How is BLM this expansion?

How many leves do you have

Just do cul. Its cheap and doesnt use parts from other crafts

it's good

You can actually, it wont be fast, but it can be really cheap, specially if you have gatherers

>tfw a catboy trades you his barb for battered fish
o//o

What are the easiest classes for ranked feast?

Maybe

Rose Pink looks nice. I honestly considered going pink and I never wear pink.

I'll never understand what they were going for with those pants

Pastel colours are my jam. That and near-black but not overly saturated

rub your butt up against me wearing that

>click on the buff roe
oh...

split blm to its own caster gear set, leave rdm and smn together

two blu cats owo

Currently all of them. I also have roughly 2mil funds, but I'm not fully geared so I really need gil for VI materia every now and then too. ;_;

CUL doesn't get to meld materia, does it? While this isn't a factor, what else does CUL not get what other crafters do, kinda scared I'll be missing out on too much if I level that.

The only thing I have is a level 42 botanist.

Thanks (?)
I wanted to take a cute screenshot but it started raining, as always

> Maybe
yes please

i want both their feet in my mouth

Do you hate BLM?

they're good colors yea kind of wish there was a red one though

oh whoa

Sure.

>stuck at work
Can anyone test the MCH GB change? Is it JUST to the "whoops I accidentally fat-fingered it off" time or also to the overheat recovery time?

You dont need melds if you just want the mount. There is also npc melders that will meld open slots

Why do MMOs have such shitty physics? I get that the focus isn't on movement, but do characters really have to just have no momentum at all and move so sloppily? Why can't it be like Gigantic or something with actually fluent movement?

I like BLM, it should get its own gearset to itself, then you can take SMN + BLM and not feel bad

The former, the latter is still 10 seconds of downtime.

you dont know what you are talking about

the former

It's the best part

I can make a leve kit for 15-50/60 if you want, though that's Balmung only.

I don't really get that train of thought. That'd just enlarge the loot pool. I never had trouble gearing caster in older content even in parties with other casters

I wanna stroke your tail while you rub up against me and call you cute!

So it's still garbage...

Oh boy...

You're absolutely right. So CUL doesn't suffer from anything else than that? Or is there another catch to it?

I'm on EU, but thank you for the offer!

Server? I could help

Is that really the reason people aren't willing to run SMN+BLM? Because they are literal children that don't want to have to fight over who gets the new toys (in an MMO that has an anti-RNG system with the pages no less) that dropped? That just seems so stupid.

You only need crafting to overmeld, for regular melding the npc is fine.
CUL can make some money at 70 selling hq food for ppl doing omega.
CUL also get the best cross class skill for crafters.
As for materia VI you can farm clusters with a 60 tank, and their price is dropping, at least in my server.

well, maybe I'm explaining or making the wrong suggestion as I've thought about it, but I think in the mind of many statics is "we don't want to overlap gear because we don't want useless gear dropping?"

hence a desire to not bring two casters because if maiming or scouting drop you're in a bad position

if you were to split BLM into its own gear set (though yea the enlarged gear pool would be problematic), you'd be incentivized, or at least not discouraged to take BLM + RDM or SMN, SMN is special in the fact that it buffs other casters but most groups don't take two casters to begin with so that utility is wasted most often

really they should do what they did with genji coffer for more floors, then you'd get to run a bit more varied comps without threat of drops your group cant use immediately
you underestimate the playerbase, just look at all the other things that SE gets flak for, it's not beyond people to be pissy about gear drops

For normal leveling all you need is NQ gear. If you want to max out stats and be a master crafter than meld will be needed but thats not until you hit lvl 70. You just need to be lv 50 to craft the moogle quest stuff.

Oh maybe if I wasn't going to bed you could do something about that,

Dunno how soon I'll be able to get around to it but I suppose you'll know when I do

I regret rolling Samurai. It's so boring. I wish I stuck with Ninja instead.

the heat bar is really a shot in the foot for MCH
since they would have to edit the bar to put it back to 5 bullets

people don't run SMN+BLM because SMN sucks dick and BLM isn't that great

MCH+BRD used to be meta one time in HW

How is ninja any different from samurai?
Samurai is ninja but with kenki management.

I'm on Odin.

You're right. I'll start cooking once I've done the initial set of event quests for the outfit.

Well Sam's don't have to deal with Ninjutsu

Could you be any more reductive?

SMN is fine, people are just bad at it.

sam is like Dragoon and ninja love child

I can help you with leves then, if you want