/TGT/ s2e7: Audi BTFO edition

Discuss the latest episode of The Grand Tour.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vyau3VUVVtI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The MILF section was scripted as all hell but I did chuckle a few times. Episode was great as a whole especially the dig at Ferrari test cars.

the Lancia v Audi bit was pretty fuckin' good.

I'm only waiting for the suv episode, I want to see the Stelvio.

The quattro has always been a meme car.

Did Audi even made a single good car?

>The quattro has always been a meme car.
This. Honestly as soon as they weren't the only AWD car they were blown the fuck out constantly and even the 037 proved that on the right surface/the right driver it wasn't that good. I respect what it did for basically creating a shift in how Rally was done, but it isn't king shit like allot of people make it out to be.

The problem with og quattro was that early TorSen and having massive overhang made it lose all the additional traction it gained at the front

What about the i5 engine on front position that caused a lot of understeer? I knew their engineers tried in every way to position it the more backward possible to reduce it. Indeed every other group b car had their engine on central position

>all those literal who supercars mentioned
>no mention of koenigsegg at all
At they just completely ignoring their existance now?

The higher-ups insisted that the rally car should have the same drivetrain layout as the production car it was based on, which I guess is admirable. This did make it objectively inferior to all of its competition though.

>Audi Quattro
>BTFO

Pick one.
They literally had to change the rules to allow other manufacturers to even COMPETE.
That Quattro in OP is a modified production car.
The 037 is a purpose built rally car.

Absolutely disgusting.

And guess what, once others got their AWD cars up and running the "mighty" Quattro quickly fell down the ranks. They had to resort to making it "almost undrivable" according to Walter Röhrl by giving it silly amount of power and shortening the wheelbase just to stay in the game.

Lancia btfo'd Audi with the competent German drivers such as Walter Röhrl and pure luck (they had some tricks up their sleeve such as buy and pour salt on the icy road, etc). Without these, Lancia would not have any chance.
I have to say that Group B competition era of the WRC turned out to be one of the most eventful and fierce consecutive years of rallying history.

>Without these, Lancia would not have any chance.
In another word, Audi Quattro is still the best rally car.

Well, yeah... You just trigger VAGhaters.

>>Hurr durr why you want to drive Lancia they are unsafe as fuck
>>I don't plan to crush
Truly Veeky Forumsurguy

yeah that German guy definitely has a pair of brass balls

The car was a no-show for 2 Rallies, that counted for the constructor's championship and still won. And that was on a gravel rally.
The only 2 rallies that the Audis were faster on were Portugal and Finland, where Walter Roerhl didn't even show up because he didn't like jumps and he was on average 6 minutes faster on loose surfaces than Markku Alén, who came up 45 seconds behind both the Audis.

With pure luck, yeah.

>Deice Roads for Rallies
>Pretend to have belt fuck ups to wait for dust to clear
>Bring more cars when you know you'll win
>Just don't show up when you know you won't
>Stop as soon as you win the manufacture cup
Lancia is Veeky Forumsurteam as well.

>triggered audicucks

Priceless.

To my knowledge Jeremy Clarkson has never even acknowledged the existence of the Agera.
If I'd have to guess I'd say that their relationship soured after those early seggs and Christian refused to give Top Gear their new cars to test, so Jeremy decided to give them the silent treatment. It's been over 10 years since the last Koenigsegg was featured on the show.
youtube.com/watch?v=Vyau3VUVVtI

Yeah, Lancia is killed by its kinds, FCA.
Defend this, Lanciacucks