/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous thread: - Redirect to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
- Splatoon 2 Map Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/

> News
- Mayo won the Splatfest in all regions!
- Sploosh-o-Matic (Curling Bomb, Splashdown ) is back: twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/893391908172480512
> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy
> Splatoon 2 Weapon Stats
- imgur.com/a/eV8p0
> S2 New weapon stats
- imgur.com/a/NFzgv

> Big S2 Gear & Weapon list (contains unreleased weapons)
- leanny.github.io/splat2/

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

>View Nintendo switch online services on your PC
- github.com/OatmealDome/LoungeChair/releases/tag/v1.0.6422.34538

> Add your FC to the list of FC below:
- docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> list of FC:
- docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/3iDXhTtN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw see the enemy run away with the rainmaker and you can't do anything about it

This is why you don't use the Luna Blaster.

Sex with Marie when!??

I tried my best to learn how Raijin Step from some Jap vidoes but I can't seem to manage.
Plus its way hard trying to be able to evade and aim kill people as to do it your always looking down.
I feel like it doesn't work as well in Splatoon 2, anyone got vids of people doing it in 2?

B-but I love my Lunameme. Besides, I wouldn't have reached it even with my Splattershot. Looks like only a charger would have reached that, and I don't know if they would superjump to the middle of the map for that.

>find out about this exp scroll exploit I missed.
>can't motivate myself playing anymore.

Threadly reminder that Marie and Pearl are siblings.

Why aren't they the real Squid Sisters?

Pearl wasn't as good as Callie, She became an idol when Callie went missing.

it's a meme, like everything the japs do since they suck at video games. any decent player will just ink your feet right as you dive and BTFO you

>being so much of a pussy that he activates bubbler against an enemy approaching him in a meme fashion on turf covered with his own ink

>rapid blaster

It's at best useful for evasion but this is how you do it
Most weapons you are better off using already-placed ink and aiming for the kill, not strafing left and right with this.

>using the crutch blaster since S1

I haven't played in a week. How has the meta evolved?

I WANT VIDEOS
VIDEOS OF PEOPLE BEING GUD WITH TH SPLOOSH OMATIC

i want to main it so badly since i cwnt aim and i love the twitchy mobility of it

No, that's why you use your brain and don't mindlessly follow the carrier like a sheep

The crutchbucket and crutchbrush are the latest memes right now. Get it while it's hot and unnerfed.

STOP USING THE INK RAILS TO TRANSFER THE RM YOU KEEP DYING ITS NOT GOING TO WORK

I hope they nerf Tri-Slosher soon. This is ridiculous. It needs a steep damage fallout curve.

The lag is what makes me hate it.
On my screen it looks like i get one shotted with it.

No balance update yet
People figured out carbon, dynamo and flingza are utter garbage so nobody uses them
Splattershot, tri-slosher and ink armor as bullshit as ever
Rapid blaster starting to gain momentum

git gud noobkiddo buttblasted because a BUCKET killed you huh stay assmad top lel

Probably, Rainmaker is still my worst mode after these past two years mostly because it's the mode I have the most difficult time squidbagging in.

But it clearly worked here user

Reminder that your knowledge of how things worked in S1 doesn't apply to S2 because they changed a lot of things. Get up to date with the new information and please don't argue from ignorance.

Goo Tuber buff when?

You're right, we don't have the crutch-on roller with its crutch kraken, the crutch luna, and the dynameme fucking with people's shit anymore. Instead we now have the crutchbucket and the crutchbrush everywhere.

Remember when everybody feared the idea of a Seeker Bomb Rush before it actually came out? Would we see the same thing happen with an Auto Bomb launcher?

>the strongest weapon in the game also gets the best subs and specials

He probably meant on morray

Can we talk about the bullshit that is Autobomb is?
Other sub's require at least a bit of aim but these things can apply a hell of pressure. You can't just run from it, you got to let it explode then move. And can be pretty easily spammed without even needing to see the enemies. They can double as mini locator as they only activate if someone is in range. Plus even if they fail to find someone they still explode anyway which inks terrain. How do we nerf them?

Lag is shit. Had this splattershot OHKO me every time last night.

You think when buckets come I am the one getting splatted but you're wrong. I am the one who splats.

>splat bombs AND ink armor

tfw nothing good in the shops today

Why couldn't we save Callie, /ink/?

Simply make it so that it leaves a tiny trail of ink so that it's blatantly visible. Being barely visible even on enemy ink is bullshit.

Seekers were at least pants on head retarded at times and will explode even after bumping into anything at all, like a lone pole in the way, making shit on cluttered maps

Auto bomb rush you might as well be chased by a pack of exploding wolves, forcing you to retreat to higher ground

OCTO'D

I fucking love the Salmon Run uniform, I can only hope at some point in the future or maybe as the final clothing option before updates stop we can get the uniform as a reward to use online.
Also post Salmon Run woomies and such

not that user
this is also my first draw for /ink/

>people are falling for the ink resistance meme again just like in the first game where it fell out of the meta early in its life
Kek

Ahh so cute, thanks user! Please draw more woomies

>consistently takes 2-3 minutes to find an S+ ranked game on Splatoon 2
>consistently finds S+ ranked games instantly on Splatoon 1

is this....the power.....of regional matchmaking???

tfw selling shit you already own, same main abilities to boot.

I'm waiting for another backwards cap. I can feel it coming soon.

You now learn that Japs carried the matches and the shitters bitched about them.

I haven't had as much issues finding S+ matches lately in EU region

Seriously, this is the dumbest design choice. I just want a Squid Satin Jacket without Respawn Punisher, it's garbage

>japs carrying anything
suck more nippon cock. japs are fucking awful at anything that isn't a dating sim or gacha trash

>tfw when can play with Japs in my region
Feels pretty good
Not so good when they beat me though.

I didn't know S2 was regional. This sucks.

Then why are there far more Jap S+'s than western S+'s? :^)

japs don't carry matches, they're just as shit as everyone else in S ranks being carried by teams or save scumming, only difference is that they make up 90% of the playerbase so love em or hate we needed them

Cute!

The new meta is shit; spam spam spam;
played 1000 h atleast in splat 1 been s+, it was never that shitty. Seriously it gets on my nerve on how much the buckets and brushes have been pushed. Just played splat 1 just to see if i am kind of retarded but no it is just splat 2 that changed the base values and ink spray of those weps.

In all honesty rainmaker is the shittiest gamemode; I cant rush my opponents, but my opponents can rush me in 10 secs, guess why?
My teammates rather stall or paint the base at rank A than play rainmaker. It seems to be to complex for the avarage squiddo

Why are there more jap C- than western S-?

not the same user, but because the game is actually alive in JP

it's not hard to get up to S+

It fell out of the meta because it got nerfed into the ground. It's good again.

>Fight the apocalypse
>Get paid in hats
I'M ON TO YOU GRIZZ

>save scum to S+ in Wii U Splatoon
>get practice against actual competition
>managed to be good enough to be actual S+ in Splatoon 2
Feels good man.

>1000h
it doesn't mean anything if you can't git gud, even in the first one you're the one carrying all the way to S+ 99

>Fight robot copies of ourselves
>Get paid in hats.
I'M ON TO YOU SAXTON HALE

Spla2n ranked is lenient as fuck. I don't see how anyone could get stuck in lower tiers for a longer period of time. keeping rank is pretty much guaranteed, so you just spam games until lucky winstreaks boost you up

Saxton Hale is an anagram for Tax On Shale

The most balanced meta is ink main, ink sub, ink recovery, run and swim speed and special up.
You'd be a buffed version of yourself; The only thing left is constant movement and good map knowledge and pressure -> you are a god now

only Annie gives you different Mains.

>tfw no jap charger gf to carry me all the way to S+ by always being on my team

Been at s+ 56 when i stopped; deranked because i had a 1 year break; Kind annoying.
Currently going for a nice set and waiting out for some new weps, since tentatek is kinda strange and not as reliable as it was, and idk i don't like the new 0.96 gal; The set sucks somehow, but maybe that's just me.

Just need to get used to it.

also an anagram for hot anal sex
check if you don't believe me

How do I become effective with a charger
I do hit shots but I always seem to get flanked, especially on morray

>run and swim speed
stop this meme

>swim speed
rip

>mfw

>keeping rank is pretty much guaranteed

True story; Just play enough games and you get into S; Play a ton more and get good gear + more pratice and you'll get into S+;
i am lacking the time to grind the ranks.

Personal preference; i am neither using octo brush or roller, and i do prefer the slightly faster MS and SP; Idk since attack up and def up fell outta the game you'd either take that or a special ability which is useful; i just had a good time with that setup.

>win 7 games rank up
>lose 7 games rank down
>win 1 game +2
>lose game -5
yeah, it is

It feels so damn rewarding for being a trislosher boy back in S1 and see now how good it became in S2, holy shit

Oh hey, I made that webm. Here's the rank-down version if you want. I also recovered recently, and the webm for that is here

What's with all the swim speed hate lately

cause its been nerfed, still has its uses

Golden showers for Marie!

POINT

ONE

SECONDS

Does it feel rewarding knowing that your weapon is now a crutch that'll get an incoming nerf?

They fell for the 2 second meme video.

>using blasters on a high mobility game type

>not knowing that shit can get decided in split seconds
Shitter detected

People like you won't be satisfied until the only usable weapons in the game are the luna blaster and splattershot. Not everything is a crutch, /ink/ is just mostly bad players.

Nerfed fucking hard and we now have objective proof of that.

It's not a meme video you fucking retard, you're in hardcore denial.

I couldn't give less of a shit, honestly.

>you're in hardcore denial.
>projecting this hard
I bet you're going to tell me ink resistance is good next.

Dunno, but use this for now.
pastebin.com/3iDXhTtN

And someone put it in the OP next time, ok?

Oh so you're literally just one person shitposting about it. That's okay, we're all gonna keep telling you that you're wrong though, so you don't spread misinformation.

The 0.2 seconds you"save" going faster on inked turf is completely lost wasting 2 seconds on enemy turf, or idling 2 seconds longer for ink, or dying because you strafe slower, and on and on and on

Swim Speed is a bad investment, no reason to ever run more than 1 Main of it IF THAT