What is the best work truck?

what is the best work truck?

Hilux obviously

They don't make them anymore. Buy a worst work truck.

Chevy anything

I really want that truck.

ford ranger with a v8 swap

Ford ranger or toyota 4x4? Asking for a friend

>Best work truck
>Chevy anything
Dear lord, no.

First off, you made it to easy to pick this apart.
>Avalanche

The company itself makes me laugh.
>Hurr aluminum so bad
>Hurp durp look at this bear; high strength steel cage or aluminum cage
>Hurr check out our new truck featuring 7 different grades of steel, aluminum, and our obvious ripoff of Ford, Toyota, and Dodge all at once
>Lol, aluminum is a great material now

Have we forgotten which company couldn't stay afloat without help?

How about the Chevrolet shake?

Chevy is literally relying on consumers to buy American. That's it. Constantly fighting competition at a legal level and pumping out garbage is the best they can do.

>5.0 in a ranger
Not sure why this concept has never entered my mind.

>do a flip faggot

You answered your own question. But here's a question for all you Ford guys: 300 or 302? For me, it's the 300. Indestructible.

What about old Chevy trucks? I dunno too much about them since i'm a Dodgeyota fag, but i heard the old ones are pretty great, it shows too.

Will wannabe country boys ever stop raising the prices of trucks? I’m in construction and am handy and just want to lug shit home from Lowe’s to work on my house. I don’t want to pay a 6k dollar tax country music tax.

90s chevys. Last truck ever made that are meant to do work

351 is the correct choice

This. Around here this mostly applies to Chevy / Dodge since the Ford assembly plant is close and F150s are everywhere.

Some dude on here has a blue ranger and did this. It's a very tight fit but it works

>posting the inferior 90's truck

only if you want marginally better torque than a 302 and half the fuel economy

>not 352
nigger detected

One that doesn't have a homosexual high gloss styleside bed on the back.

all you need to do is look at what they use at airports.
>thrashed and floored from gate to gate 24/7 by jamal and tyrone
>needs to be dead reliable or delays abound

where is this photo taken?

From the plates I'd assume it was taken in Oregon.

good eyes. thank you

Plate looks like Oregon. I know that the Ute Bed company ships beds made for American trucks from Australia to America.

It's a pretty common swap. I had a 1988 shorty years ago with a turbo 2.3 from a tbird, it blew and I put a 331 stroker and t5 from a mustang in it. Swapped in an 8.8 from and exploder with 4.10s and disc brakes.

It was totally impractical and would melt 295/50 tires into 3rd gear for a joke

>WT work truck trim
>not a work truck

What is the point of these things? The sides are so short that you have to tie everything down and look like they'd get in the way when you use it as a flatbed.

Depends on what it in. 3/4 ton 4x4? Gimme the 300. 2wd short bed I'd rather have the 302

Get yourself a gmt2500 with the 6.0 and live comfy

What's the best open ended question that will cause a brand loyalty pissing match?
>This thread, the answer is this thread.

The three sides fold down 180 degrees individually. You can use the bed as an open flatbed when needed. Infinitely superior to some high gloss pile of shit that can only be loaded from one side, has wheel arches in the way and gets banged up far more easily.

I’ve had super duties, rams, Toyotas and gm trucks. Always going with the best deal possible at the time. The chevys and Toyota’s have been the most reliable, hands down

That bed needs to be longer imo..

>thinks its this thread
no! the answer is that other thread.

Flathead v8 ford f3

All my Fords have been extremely reliable

Apocalypse proof

We used Dodges at work because they were the cheapest fleet ones. Nowadays we mix between Merc vans and whatever small truck with flatbeds or low sides from fleet (Nissan NP300 and a Hyundai H100 atm).

For "work" but actually just a personal vehicle, we liked the Cheyenne, though today I feel like they all are so similar it makes no difference.
>Super huge fronts with asphalt scraping guards
>Leather trim everything
>Comfy wheels
>Better suspension, less trucky

The wapanese ones are better trucks for truck shit, but they are so trucky your back hurts after a ride if it's just your daily driver, like the frontier I had.

You see a lot of dodges in industrial work, but they’re so poorly maintained I don’t know what’s what. My dad loved f-150s, his latest being a 2000 model but the fucker rusted out and he sold it. He’s going to retire and he’s done lugging shit around and I don’t know what truck to pick up. Silverado’s looked nice and even some Toyota’s

>You see a lot of dodges in industrial work, but they’re so poorly maintained I don’t know what’s what.
They buy fleets, because they are the cheapest. And they don't maintain them other than what's covered because they just sell them after the warranty period/miles runs out, so usually 3 years I think.
Higher trims aren't bad, but as an ex owner of Dodge/Chrysler stuff, it's hard to recommend them... I think only the wrangler and grand cherokee are worth it atm, but they aren't trucks with beds.

>I don’t know what truck to pick up.
F150s are the safe choice. Not the cheapest, not the most expensive, they come in all shapes and sizes, they are so common everyone knows their way around them. You don't stick out, they look nice, etc. Master of none though, especially the motors imo, though their old i6 were nice.
Silverados are nice, not that different from an F150 in options and choices. Strong points are the engines. Bad is the same as every other 'murican truck (size, quality, etc.).
Toyotas are nice, but they are so hyped that they are overpriced. The tacoma especially, it's a softened truck, but since it's the one sold in america and carries the yota name, people think it's the shit (it isn't, it's actually the hilux that gives toyota the rep).
That said, they look nice, are smaller, have nice trims, and if you're gonna sell it in less than 8 years for example, they retain their value very well.

3k F-150

I love mid 90s ford trucks.

7.3 turbo

nice trailer park

A mid nineties ford rust bucket like you have pictured.

Something so beat up that you don't give a shit if it gets dented, can go most everywhere, and is reliable and takes abuse.

I agree the engines in GM usually were better than what was supplied in Fords, but goddamn everything else around it would fall apart.

I had a 94 S10 with the 60* V6, you could not kill that engine, but everything else on it was shit, Fuel gauge would not work, rear lights would randomly crap out even though the grounds were clean, body flex was extremely noticeable even on stock suspension. and the worst part was the shitty way they plugged the old fresh air flaps with thin pieces of plastic, and once they fucking went there was absolutely no way of keeping heat in that truck.

>A mid nineties ford rust bucket like you have pictured
But that truck is pristine. I'd give my left nut to have a 9th gen f150 in that condition. Everything in my area is completely ruined to shit.

Where do you live, there are a few clean ones you see in here my neck of the woods, though yes there are quite a few that have seen better days.

There again I bought my 9th gen and didn't really care that it was beat to shit becuase I didn't want a pavement princess.

For what environment? For what purpose? You can't generalize this kind of thing, you know.