Hey lads, quick question

Hey lads, quick question.

A lot of snow here, been doing handbrake turns for few hours on local road which got closed due to the amount of snow (new, good winter tyres, this snow was literally a piece of cake for me).

Anyway, I've now got a vibration when I go past 50 mph. It was much worse (could feel the whole car shake at around 45) then it got a bit better over time. Still vibrates though. I haven't hit any pothole, I haven't hit any curb or whatnot, my tyres are brand new, deep snow, mostly on top of iced road - no way for a flat spots. My wheel bearings, brake discs and drums and rod ends are fine as fuck same goes for CV joints, no rattling, just a bit of a fucked up boot on one side, but nothing serious. Oh and yes, all my wheel balancers are in place both inside and outside.

Do you think it is just a snow buildup inside the rims then or did I fucked up something in the suspension I missed? Can't really jack the car up now, too cold and dark.

>been doing handbrake turns for few hours

Snow buildup in the wheels. Knock it out with a stick or something.

Long narrow winding road, about 4-5 miles. Nothing touge-meme like, flat patch, but with some nice hairpins here and there. Unfortunately only fwd car atm, so handbrake the only option + flicks before turns. When you go back and forth time just flies by unnoticeably.

Thanks, will take a look in the morning. It may even melt, they say there will not be freezing during the night.

This probably.

Happens to my outer passenger wheel when it snows just because of exactly where I park and it freaked me out the first few times it bounced all over for the first few minutes until I realized it was just basically a packed snow drift that needed some road time to get slung out.

Its probably this if you hit absolutely nothing

Go clean them out with a stick or something like he said

I know your feeling - you've been doing something and you know that it could lead to something that is excibiting the exact symptoms its not giving you, which is the absolute most likely scenario - but you still have that little "but what if"-thought in your head

Snow buildup. The vibrations themselves will actually fuck shit up, so solve it ASAP.

Consider getting a heated garage or wheels that aren't so prone to collecting snow

Yeah, brothers. Thanks. This got me a bit more peace of mind now. I forgot to mention I also have checked the tyre pressures all around and they are nominal and same on each axle (2.3 bar fronts, 2.2 bar rears, I use 2.2 instead of 2.0 as I always have a bunch of tools in boot just in case).

>lives in a place with loads of snow
>likes to play in the snow
>bunch of tools in the rear
Who do you think you are? Me?

>not stuffing the wheel well full of tools and straps and supplies at the very least, even without snow
Some people just don't know how to car.

What you suggest? I have standard steelies for winter tyres. No way of getting even non-heated garage in my area, unfortunately. Yeah, I am off of work this weekend so I will get right to it first thing in the morning (actually I am a bit autistic about the car's condition and car always has to be perfect, not matter if I currently drive a cute shitbox or a proper car, but I can't do nothing about it - too dark and I don't want people to call the cops because someone with a flashlight is jacking the car in the parking lot. Cops might start asking questions where and how I got this amount of snow (if it indeed is the cause, but I am quite sure as of now), as the roads are treated here with only this one closed path being full of snow).

It is something that gives me a good piece of mind. I actively use the tools in my summer job or when I'm doing random tasks at friends or my SAR-corps, but its kinda "calming" to just know that I have most of the tools I could ever really have a need for on the road incase of anything. Ratchets, sockets, wrenchers, breaker bars, an actual jack, light, ratcheting straps, crowbar, hammer, all types of fluids, tapes, jumper cables and so on

Well, looks like so, desu senpai.

One of the benefits of having a shitbox as your first car. It helps you learn what kinds of stuff might be legitimately useful to have if you need it.

Alright, lets turn the autism knob a tiny bit down. The fucking Gestapo is not going to roll up to you, interrogate you on the spot on grounds that you're jacking up your own vehicle, and execute you with two shots to the neck & temple based on evidence of snow in your wheels... I can't even imagine that they'd think the thought or remotely care

Actually broke that box today because I'm a nigger

The gas piston I put on it to hold the lid open is way too powerful for the use, and I've just attached it to a piece of steel that is screwed in with four relatively small wood screws in the lid. All four screws snapped today when I tried closing it...

Atleast it gives me a reason to get in the garage

Literally this. All you have there can fix any roadside problem you might encounter. Anything serious usually needs a proper shop work anyway.

>using wood screws
>when you have a chance to consult your glorious monument to autism
>30x30 little drawers with carefully sorted machine bolt hardware
>half of it you took off some broken thing and carefully figured out which drawer it should go in to

Excuse me, I need to eat some xanax.

In all fairness, the wood screws have held nicely for half a year until now

I will probably reuse the same piece of metal, but I will use an angle grinder to remove part of the actual steel frame of the box so I can actually use bolts, nuts and washers to fasten the piece of steel, which is currently not possible because the nuts collide with the frame

I know I have the right bolts around here somewhere...

Comfy garage bro

Its more tidy since I collaged that photo, with a good bit more tools (replaced my old DeWalt stuff with Ryobi)

>motion sensor work table light
Nice.

How's your opinion on Ryobi? I've been DeWalt and Bosch guy mostly.

Dad was calling me an idiot for putting that up, claiming that it would just get dirty and that there was enough light already

After the first time he used it he admitted that it was "ok"

Eh... I'm very much a hobby wrencher. I don't have the highest demands, but I'm not gonna go for the cheapest B&D shit I can get my hands on. They fit very nicely in that category, with a large product range for their One+ batteries, affordable prices and availability, as they are sold locally

None of them have broken down on me yet, even if the impact & the drill are the only ones having seen tougher use so far. One can tell that they're not quite up to the point of Milwaukee, blue Bosch and so on, but they're not bad tools for a guy like me

There's no replacement for multi-angle overhead light when it comes to a work table. I do a lot of fine electronic work so I have 400W of halogen ready to go on a few dimmer switches, but for something like a garage the motion sensor is a great idea - no need to hit the switch with your hands full and gloves on or whatever, and no need to turn it off.

I put one up for the fluorescent lighting in the larger part of the garage, but I regret not getting the sensor model where I can just switch them on. It happens too often that I'll be sitting on one side of the car/truck, doing a brake job or similar and have the light shut off every 10 minutes. And as all we all know; when you're wrenching it seems like ten minutes pass twenty times per hour

But hey, who is complaining - anything is better than the outside. Its not insulated or anything, but I'll just put on a 2KW heater if its -20Cish or colder & sit my ass on an old shag carpet

The office building I work in tried to be all green so all the office lights are on motion sensors. The problem is when you have a building full of nerds sitting at computers, they don't move around a lot so the lights keep going out all the time.

And where I sit the motion sensor is blocked by the light fixture so I have flail around like an idiot to get it back on again. Well, it was a good idea at least.

Build a remote swinging thing so you press the remote and it swings and light turns on.

Have you got any opinion on their angle grinders? My old blue Bosch broke down and I don't even remember the model (label got washed out during the couple of years I've had it).

At least you can masturbate at work and nobody would ever notice. The bright side, my man.

Or just install a switch.

>he doesn't have heated wheels
>he didn't buy presalted tires

Ignorant, poor, or both?

i got bored after 5 minutes wtf

Maybe you're just more into grip racing there, aye? Each to their own, Brother.

never really tried that

Corded or 18v cordless?

I have the cordless one, you can see it on the lefthand shelving unit in Its alright... kinda large and clunky, but it gets decent speed and isnt too weak. I used it this summer to cut 10 2-inch thick steel rods. You cant lay into it like with my corded AEG from hell, but with a thin blade and a steady hand its no issue. Chugs power tho - used a full 5ah battery & three quarters of a 4ah battery on those 10 rods

For in-garage use I'd recommend corded. For light field work and similar its ok

Not surprised. I have an older Ryobi corded (agree: Ryobi seems to be a good bargain bet for something you only use once in a while) and grinding is definitely something you'd just want the power and endurance unless it's just some odd quick cuts or touch-ups or whatever.

Thanks, lads.