How is Mazda still not considered premium?

How is Mazda still not considered premium?

I mean just look at their designs and interiors

it's better that way

This.

As soon as it's premiu., dumb people will buy(finance) it in masses, and it'll be shit again

IRL Mazda Salesman, we aren't premium because our line up lacks everything you need to be considered premium. No AWD or RWD full size sedans... We're a weird brand and supposedly consider ourselves a "halo" brand.

Mazda is the Toyota/Honda for people who know better

We lose so many deals to Honda/Toyota it really rustles my jimmies.

>RWD
>only has sport driving as a reaosn to have
>full sized sedan
>the antithesis of a sporty car

Why? Boomer meme?

>"halo" brand.

What do you mean by this senpai?

Most people don't know better and will drive a worse car if chad and stacy think it's cooler

Also see: apple products

Kiaundai's have nice designs and nice interiors too.. Does that all of a sudden make them a "premium" brand? Mazda is a shitbox brand.

Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Mercedes,etc all offer large sedans with higher displacement engines with optional RWD or AWD. Where our Mazda6 is a midsize sedan without the option of RWD/AWD with a seriously underpowered 2.5 i4. When people think luxury/premium these things come to mind not just the fit and finish of the interior. Our standard features are lackluster at best our i-ActiveSense safety features are reserved for our highest trim levels unlike our competitors. Can't forget to mention no android auto/Apple car play. These are things that the Chad's and Stacy's of the world can't live without.
Halo is a term used for vehicles that sell themselves essentially and as per mazdas training this is what they consider their brand to be.

cmon bruh dont disrespek us by comparing us to those korean shit piles. Hyundai/Kia interiors are such shit compared to ours.

Except that Mazda isnt really as reliable, kinda like Subarus

I can't say I've ever heard a customer complain about their mazdas reliability. I was a tech/mechanic for a VW/Mazda dealer and I can say without a doubt that the Mazda is incredibly reliable in comparison to the VW. This can be said about almost any brand I guess as VW's have been shit for the past 20 years.

I was thinking about this the other day. I couldn't think of a single Mazda sedan/coupe/hatch that has a decent V6. There's the Duratec but it doesn't have the Mazda magic in it.

I'll just have to wait until I can afford a rotary, something Honda or BMW can't offer.

>How is Mazda still not considered premium?
Ford

There's the other stuff already posted about their having no Rear or All Wheel Drive sedans, the other big factor is that the high power engine options aren't there. The biggest you can get is a 2.5L turbo I4, with 250 horses shoving 310pound-feet of torque, and that's only in the massive "Midsize" CX9, so the extra power is all eaten up by the sheer bulk of the vehicle.
If the new 2018 Mazda 6 could have come with AWD (not even for the ride quality, just as a bullet-point selling feature) it could finally hit the cutoff mark for what most people consider "premium". The genuine wood interior accents and the Nappa leather are certainly hall-marks of a luxury vehicle, but the powerplant and drivetrain are the one thing that let it fall short.

The USA has been slow to adopt Mazda's Kodo-graced cars, but sales are steadily growing in other markets since the 2012 introduction of the CX5 and the shift towards more plush and pleasing designs. The trend is working, and hopefully they get over this last hurdle. If the next 3 and a future 6 can come with AWD, that'll be the turning point. Also, the X engine is going to be a source of some real bragging rights and, if marketed well, could mean a big rush of interest from the status-symbol crowd.

i like mazda specifically because it does not have a premium counterpart

mazdas suffer less on average from "they just didn't give a fuck"

They just look good other than that they're shit. Don't have a class leading car

Same problem Subaru has it's the clientele.

Subaru owners buy because of value and dependability. They know they will keep that car for an extended period and not just lease. They are usually fairly educated people who return to the dealership for service as they are willing to pay premium prices for maintenance but don't want to pay the obscene part costs at a BMW, Mercedes, Cadillac, Audi etc.

There is also their reputation for rust buckets due to the protege and early 2000's Mazda 3, and the electrical gremlins in the CX lineup.

God damn I saw the concept for that at the motor show and it looks amazing, they better make it look just like that

>How is Mazda still not considered premium?
What about Eunos and ɛ̃fini?

hOLY dICK!

wHAT CAR IS THAT?

Cosmo, by CAPSLOCK CORP.

Found the alcoholic, dog eater, plastic surgery addicted Korean man.

>Comparing Kia to Mazda

ford sold 90% of its shares of Mazda in 2011. Get with the times goy

Ford is a literal kike infested and kike driven company

Perhaps they should build cars people desire, instead of just better-than-average econoboxes that sometimes rust prematurely?

Just a thought.

Thinking like that is why we have the Juke

>rust prematurely
>drive it through salt roads, dont wash the salt off, complain when it oxidizes
kys user.

Mazda, Kia and Hyundai and Volvi are now german - keep up.

As is the rest of Murica