Soup Veeky Forums

Soup Veeky Forums.

So I have a budget of about $10,000. Was wondering what sort of reliable and sporty car I can get for that.

Pic unrelated.

E92 or e60, you might also get a g35 but good luck finding one that hasn’t been molested

Miata

>you might also get a g35 but good luck finding one that hasn’t been molested
Only true if you want one with a 6 speed (which of course you do). The sedans are hard to find in manual, and a lot of the coupes have been fucked with like this user said. Thankfully a perfectly good one can be had for about half of OP's budget though.

OP, you might consider an Integra or RSX if you don't mind FWD or being a Honda driver.

>3k civic
>7k in simple mods

get a cheap car and mod the hell out of it
dont be a boring normie op

Thanks, I like the g37 more than the g35 but if I can get one for $5000 so be it.

You can find a g coupe or 350z in good condition. You could also consider newer 3 series bmws

Op again

Goddamn I can get a decent mileage loaded g35 coupe for 5k! Thanks a lot Veeky Forums!

Be THOROUGH in your pre-purchase inspection. These types are cars are attracted by cheap fuccbois that beat the shit out of them and skimp out on maintenance.

Get a full history on maintenance

What should I look out for/ask about?

What year? The '05's and 06's suffer from valve cover gasket failure around 100,000 miles, so beware. The gaskets are cheap, but a huge pain in the ass to replace. If they're neglected for long enough, the valve covers themselves may need to be replaced too, and those are really expensive if you go OEM.

Otherwise, everything's pretty solid on these cars. My '05 has only given me two problems other than the valve cover gaskets- one camshaft position sensor and the center brake light.

The major issue areas for there are rear subframe cracking. Just crawl under and look. It's aluminum so it's not super strong. Also oil problems due to clogged screens in the timing cover. It's EXPENSIVE to get repaired. So look at oil pressure and for oil leaks. Literally buy it and go do an oil change that day. Other than that, the VQ is pretty damn reliable. Until you boost it.

There should be G coupe specific buyers guides out there that will highlight issues common to the chassis/engine. Ask about those. In general, any used car buyers guide is a good guideline. Get under the car, test drive it under load in all gears etc

Someone who cant tell you shit about maintenance history and where/whom it was done by it not a person you should buy a car from. Obviously, documents and receipts are worth more. Just be thorough in your questioning and if ANYTHING at all feels off, just walk away. On your budget you can buy pretty much any G35 on the market

Thanks a lot user

Get a 2014 mazda3 and save up until you can get a real car
Don't blow your money on a 15 year old 350z with 100k miles, they're unreliable, oil burning turds

I'm also thinking about financing a certified pre-owned civic, just to rule out complications related to reliability.

Yeah do that

Hyundai gensis just don't get the shitty 2.0t get the 3.6.

Don't get the Hyundai Genesis

2006/2007 wrx unmolested with low miles. You'll thank me later.