/ovg/ - Red vs Blue edition

Welcome to Auto Vidya General, a place to discuss racing games, games with cars or even games with vehicles that race each other!

Previous Thread: , new thread will be made at the bump limit (310 replies).

Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Discuss driving games on Discord!
>discord.gg/hXmJrJr

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

Skinning guide with rF2-specific help:
>mega.nz/#!ygMSASyZ!ai1NXzFwq174ZmQYi3V_48eeEOCr_z4YOo9g8txxlDU

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

dirtgame.com/leagues/league/127201/ovgrally
discord.gg/QSAYqc
youtube.com/watch?v=5ddALaoQ4Ts
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1516426144960.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Name a better game

the first official shit rally championship is set up, 6 rallies, each consisting of 12 stages with four service points, progress will be saved after every stage so you can complete them anytime you want. there will be no restarts. rallies are on the weekends hopefully starting from next week, from 00:00 friday to 23:45 sunday. we need to decide what cars to run on each event as i can't change it once the season starts. give me some suggestions, nothing is set in stone yet. this is how the calendar looks like as of now

25th-28th Jan. Monte Carlo
2nd-4th Feb. Sweden
9th-11th Feb. Greece
16th-18th Feb Finland
23th-25th Feb Germany
2nd-4th Mar Wales

you can join here: dirtgame.com/leagues/league/127201/ovgrally
its open to anyone so shill it where you can

Not rFactor, try again.

its 9 bucks on g2a even i can afford it

Kit cars all the way through.

nth for fm7 p class online is shit but in a fun way and somewhat clean

>cant take australian banter
>bans me from their discord for not ass sucking admin and status quo
>spams the SAME pasta in EVERY fucking thread
You all are autistic as fuck

discord.gg/QSAYqc

u cant handle the banter faggitz

Is this shit free?

>inb4 poorfag sudaca fag go back play autismobilista

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of /ovg/ are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have replied in this thread thinking I cared about your opinion! Whoops! You should always remember to stop posting when you're ahead or have been BTFO'd, otherwise you end up looking like a faggot! Looking like a faggot is poor form. You should always try to either shitpost more effectively or stop posting at all!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my job to help you get used to the chinese bitcoin mining culture! :^)

>"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""first"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

You're a faggot

7 bucks on g2a i just checked

the first that matters

he wont listen i tried to talk to them on their shit discord for 5 mins before they banned me

your all too poof to go there and have actual bants arnt ya?

>Cant afford a real car
>hide behind a computer screen and racing simulators
>wastes thousands on pointless playseat wheel and pedal setups when all that could go on a real car
>probably dont even have a licence
LMFAO dood whos the real cuck here it sure aint me im driving wrenching every single day

stay mad
who's more pathetic; the faggot or the aussie complaining about the faggot?
sperg more

Good impression, but we all know the real Crazador sits around all day and anally masturbates to pictures of that other tripfags' shitbox Toyota.

Shoo shoo. He only trips, posts trucks and has a hate for the chinese/korean.

>i tried to talk to them on their shit discord for 5 mins before they banned me
When you're as insightful as this, I'm stunned you got banned.

how does ThE NSX drive in GT-Sport?

all the mid-engined cars are a bit prone to oversteer on exit with a controller, and it's no exception. a bit underpowered at max upgrade compared to, say, the gt-r, but it's still kinda fun and decent handling.

I fucking hate cones in sport
youtube.com/watch?v=5ddALaoQ4Ts

hello :3

How do i become the embodiment of /ovg/?

What are the best games if I want to learn about working on cars, not driving them?

Obvious answers would be Car Mechanic Simulator, My Summer Car, and Automation.

Just tried my summer car but my toaster can't run it. I'll try the other two, thanks

how about a textbook niqqa

Honestly wouldn't know where to start. Recommendations? No dad and never had a car, want to buy one soon but not before I know more

How about going to junkyards and building stuff, git gud on sodder instead of being shitposting in an autistic forum

Because I'm autistic and only have $1000. I want something to do for a couple months until I have enough saved to start working on a car

group b rwd for sweden

>Automotive Technology: A Systems Approach - Jack Erjavec
buy a used physical copy for 30-50. doesnt need to bet the most recent edition

>V. A. W. Hillier
any books by this guy you can find digitally are decent too

>Engineering Explained
unironically go binge watch all his videos up until he started doing test drives and heavily sponsored content. it is the quintessential for dummies video series and will get you up to speed on basic principles of the workings of a car

Thanks user, I'll stop shitting up you guys' thread

>shitting up you guys' thread
this has been the most productive discussion here in about a week

>im wrenching every single day
Lol at this faggot, can't afford a car that doesn't break down the whole time

Thoughts on fast and furious tokyo drift on ps2?

im only good at fwd so kit cars pls

dont forget chris fix

where the webms at?

i prefer eric desu

Post drifts

authentic negro period

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1516426144960.webm

why did you post a picture of falcunt

Isn't it basically a TXR clone? I've got it downloaded on PCSX2 and mean to give it a try at some point.

play assoluto racing
there is a multiplayer update out

And so I tried SDWC. It's kind of like Initial D but less floaty. Still floaty, nonetheless.

GENUINELY SO UPSET THAT I TOOK A PICTURE INSTEAD OF SCREENCAPPING

i had 4k for a car but i put it back into the new engine
i'd say them since they cant handle banter on this board or discords without banning me spesifically /ovg/ and the original /dat/board me and barney remade
i aint caz u fag
its a meme u dip
OH NO U BANNED ME FOR TELLING THE TRUTH
GET
FUCKED
SPAZ
go masterbait to fanatec overpriced chinkshit plz
pic related

nobody feed it any (you)s, maybe it'll go away

(you)

how did you manage that?

>6 rallies, each consisting of 12 stages with four service points,
12 stages starting off might be a bit much for people. I suggest you look at each location and see how much "unique" rally track you can get out of it, since some stages offer less and some more as I remember. Could be wrong on this.
That would be one option.

>25th-28th Jan. Monte Carlo
>2nd-4th Feb. Sweden
>9th-11th Feb. Greece
>16th-18th Feb Finland
>23th-25th Feb Germany
>2nd-4th Mar Wales
The second sorting by difficulty.
Currently I believe wales is one of the easiest locations while sweeden is one of the more annoying ones.
So if you want people to have an easier time getting into it I would suggest not having ice and snow at the very start.

A safe option, but kit cars aren't the only FWD cars in the game, do you really want to skip straight to them?

This seems like a nightmare for starting off. I would heavily advise against going for this kind of stuff. We want to keep the rallies easy and manageable starting off to get people in and comfy, and then gradually ramp up the difficulty.
It makes little sense to start off with one of the more challenging combinations, not only will it wreck some new guys, but then you have to consider the fact of "where do you go form there" When you start off easy, there is more callenging events to do later, when you start of hard, you are limiting future choices.

Keep in mind all of the above is just some thoughts, so maybe you can bounce some ideas off me and we can get a good idea of what people want or want to avoid in this rally.

you took it quite seriously, didn't you

i seriously doubt anyone will run this amount of stages. i mean, it's your thing, so do as you please, but i really don't think people would be willing to run 12 stages every event, especially after we all played dirt rally a lot here so everyone knows all of the tracks (all six or so, kek). small, four stage ones are exhausting enough.

at very least start first event asap so i can play it this weekend. i thought you're someone else with ovgwrc "moderator" access, so all of the people would already be signed into the league. it's minor setback though

fuck off normie

Additionally, I would go easy on the amount of bad weather condition stages, especially early on in the rally stages.

Again I doubt people want to start off in sweeden, with constant snow and mist nonstop.

So feel free to throw them in there lightly, to spice things up, but I would not suggest frequent snow,mist,rain conditions. My guess is that 10-20% of the time.
Or when you have to use the same stage in a rally that was used before, but you use different weather conditions to make it feels less of the same.

The way I would do is that early rallies have much less harsh conditions with weather ramping up in the later rallys.
Pace yourself. Unless the people say "this shit is too easy you really need to step it up" I would not ramp it up for the first dirt rally event.

Car choices: Couple of options here
1.) Everybody gets the same car. Easy simple, fair. Lacks variety and spice.
2.)FWD, RWD options available from the same class, or similar class.
3.)Mixed classes. You set the default option as FWD kit cars, but let people pick RWD from older classes such as 1960 or 1970 for instance. Nobody is obligated to pick them but it might spice things up and give interesting outcomes, maybe. So this is the most messiest option but with the most potential for fun results.

Anyway that's my thoughts on the matter, hopefully it gives you something to consider or think about and make a better decision in the end.

>i seriously doubt anyone will run this amount of stages.
Yeah as I noted in my other posts, 12 stages right off the bat with about 50% mixed bad weather is a very "bold" move and I have concerns if it will drive people off and the fact that where do we go from there when you consider that is it pretty much as challenging as it can get.

Assoluto Racing is garbage

alright i can reduce the stages and move the calendar too, just be a bit more specific in what you want to change.

well if someone would give me moderator access i can set it up over there too, more people would join im sure

the weather was set randomly, i can change that too

who here ripping fat skids with a commodore in horizon

Why when I can rip them in my cul de sac?

ovgn400 in 5 1/2 hours
be there or be square

>alright i can reduce the stages and move the calendar too, just be a bit more specific in what you want to change.
>the weather was set randomly, i can change that too
Well I am pretty sure 12 stages as the first rally is too much.
4 is the shortest possible, 6 is short, 8 is about medium, 10-12 is a lot.
For the first rally championship, I would make most rallies have 6-8 stages.
With about 1 shitty weather stage per rally.
and about 2-3 repairs per stage
All of these can be made harder in the next rally championship we have.

It's fun. A bit clunky when drifting, but it has real bodykits, rad engine swaps, such as formula atlantic engines on the 86. Btw it's one of the few games that has the levin too, but not the coupes sadly. Also it has some real life drivers, such as Ken Nomura(Nomuken).

Also has a livery editor.
The carlist is also pretty impressive, especially when you start unlocking stuff. There's loads in there that I would never have expected. I'm pretty sure you can drive a Torino, if you can shell out the cash at the import dealer.

OVG VS THE WORLD

DAYTONA 24

may Kogay bless our team

twitch/larguuchan

What did I win?

Herpes.

go go go

the 333 ferrrari is literally ovg: the car

get out of the way amg

>cant kms
>cant go to work on monday
what do?

whatever you do, don't be like james

did james have a belt around his neck a few times but pussed out when the pressure started building in his head
fuck me dying is hard

stop buying cryptocurrencies

driver swap bois

Nah, he does worse by being ian bell's faggot shill

>have a belt around his neck a few times but pussed out when the pressure started building in his head
It hurts, do pic related instead

>Speeding in the pits
>Almost binning it after serving penalty

the absolute state

I wonder what this button does?
Hmmmm...

the urege to kms id gone gut im drunk asf un an empty stomach
pls help

>Le Mans trio from GT5

>Ferrari 512, 1st gen Viper, Pagani Huayra, Toyota 2000GT

>Mclaren of some kind, 4th gen poopra, Lambo Diablo

Wonder if they'll give the le mans cars a new class or not

don't really care for new cars, i mean it's nice bit i want more tracksssssssssssssssss

100 tracks and 20 cars is better than 100 cars and 20 tracks 2bh

hroA4 DID H

E MSKR IT LOOK SO EASY
ITSCfuking hard tik kilv yurdelf

im sotrtu for the shitppodtinh but iv had avnmiouy a cup ofg liquor
i cabtn fuk ig see

aspie is like that one part on top gear where they were facing off against german top gear and for the last race james may was supposed to race but they put the stig in instead but instead of it actually being the stig its just james may wearing the stig suit.

>tfw everyone i meet keeps asking if i'm into crypto

AC Legends GT question:
Are we doing CIrcuit de la Sarthe with or without chicanes?

with

im s0o rsoorry
my pots arnt for obg

>Pagani Huayra

Pretty sure thats a Mclaren F1

Also with the classic le mans cars im hoping we're getting the track as well

Is this what I get for having WinJews

>having windows 10
For what purpose, got it amazes me people agreed to that shit willingly.

Back to your containment board

How else am I going to play the all new Forza Motorsport 7 with it's new 2016 Ford Shelby GT350R and 1970 Dodge Challenger on new terrains?

all proper games and sims are on Win 7