How come 1970's cars are normie approved?

How come 1970's cars are normie approved?

Other urls found in this thread:

psmcdr.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=9nAx2jtr3K8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

they are easily the best looking

because boomers

cus they're attractively designed. what else can I say, why do people like a car? its good

Because they're classic and can't go out of style for that reason, only libtarded soyboi hipters would dislike a classic muscle car.

Same as classic movies, classic music, classic food, sure there's definitely better modern alternatives, but everyone still loves the classic, even if it not as good

Muscle cars are complete shit though. They're cars you like only because everyone else does.

>T. soyboi

-t. Boomer

don't reply to the bait don't reply to the bait don't reply to the bait. cars back then were sometimes the focus of great movies, you won't see that except in a movie like transformers which was an exception because the camaro came back. normies love movies btw.

Go back to fb or something you old faggot.

Better a Boomer than a cuck

You have to go back.

Don't you have a bus to catch?

Seriously go back, every post you've made is cringey. Someone your age should be relaxing in the retirement home instead of raising your blood pressure because someone doesn't like garbage cars.

Boomers. 80s was yuppie time.

>be weebshit
>get rammed in shitty 2015 MX-5 by soccer mom who can't drive fo shit
>paralyzed from neck down and in chronic pain for the rest of my miserable existence

contrast

>be me
>genetically superior american
>high test
>driving my '67 lemans
>get passenger side rammed by soccer mom in large SUV
>front end of SUV crumped, lemans didn't even break a sweat
>go on to fuck weebshits dream girl after going home that night

If you keep up with those estrogen treatments eventually you'll kill yourself.
Get help

It's the other way around though

Musclefags are the true cringelords, imagine being old, senile, and edgier than 16 year olds.

I can give one of you old bastards a reality check though.,

>Actually buying a pontiac
Enjoy dying when STACY is TEXTING and sandwiches your car into the back of CHAD's BRODOZER

Vs the not complete shit car that hit it. Muscle cars are garbage and have always been garbage, they have always been cars for the lowest common denominator.

weebs do have some imagination on them
sorry, i can't hear you over the women staring at my v8 while your gay pos is laughed at when it won't even start lol.

Cringe

>no more front bench seats to throw your arm around your gal while cruising
>array of christmas lights on the dash just waiting to tell you useless info
>infotainment systems that look awful and do exactly what a regular radio does but worse
>remote shutdown capability to keep you from running from police
>creature comforts that classics also had (a/c, power windows, heated seats, etc)
>simple to maintain and can do on your own with simple tools
>quiet and dainty
>look like garbage
>almost can't see out the windows because of airbag coverage and rollover protection
if you know how to drive and not wreck, can hear when your car is having problems, do regular maintenance, and have a set of balls, you can daily a classic. go ahead and name a single modern car that will get a girls attention, if you say the charger or challenger i'll laugh at you.. and that's just icing on the cake that is a classic beast. the 60s/70s sit in the limbo of modern comfort and classic style, before you had style and after you had comfort but before and after have neither the after or before's perks.

All these low t. Weebs who think their Corollas are badass.
What happened to this board?

the difference is that those you deem cringe are enjoying life and also having sex while your meaningless existence is spent suffering in a dim basement

>"OH NO, SUNLIGHT! FUCK OFF FOUL BEAST!"

Bunch of outdated garbage and larpfag fantasies.

Cringe.

because they are attractively designed mainly because they lack safety features, also they are fairly simply to modify, make good power and have a huge aftermarket

>Hurr durr I buy a car to get girls xddd
Literally Elliot Rodger tier. Also who says anybody laughing at you is into jap cars?
>V8
>Implying 70s American V8s are anything to brag about

you've run out of bait user

Sad part is I know you're not even pretending to be retarded.

assuming anyone buys muscle cars for girls and not passion is yourself projecting because you're a permavirgin who gets enjoyment from nothing but chink cartoons

Actual non-argument

Nice damage control and projection. Musclefags are so pathetic.

Rally>everything else>Crossovers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>"muscle"

Thanks for proving my point

>actually projecting
>"hmm what shall i do"
>"fuck it i'll say he's projecting"
lol alright kiddo :)

i'm 24. my gf loves my 65 impala ss. we cruise a lot in it. i restored it with my dad these past few years. i don't see your argument.

>Not knowing about the glorious pontiac 455
But what do I expect, the closet you have gotten to driving a muscle car was seeing one drive down the road.
Have fun in your cuck mobile

The irony

This larpfaggotry is hilarious

Cool, enjoy being slower than a Camry while sounding worse, handling worse, looking worse, being less comfortable, and less efficient.

Can't believe people are so retarded they take pride in eating shit.

>sounding worse
have you ever heard or driven a camry its the automotive manifestation of a slab of plastic

60s MC's are better looking imo

V6 Camry doesn't sound like a fatass struggling to do anything. Which is appropriate since it doesn't drive like one either. Same can't be said for a muscle car.

Weebs are fucking delusional as always

>I have shit taste and don't like you, you're a weeb

Notice how musclefags use the same logic as SJW's calling people Nazis lol. That's their intelligence level.

>Weeb thinks he has good taste
Have fun in your stanced Camry soyboi

Damage control lmao, notice how they only use normie memes too? These are literally people from fb, reddit, and youtube.

neither does a muscle car but I'm guessing you've never sat in or driven one

Sorry kid, I've actually been around the garbage known as muscle which is why I don't like them. Muscle cars are the epitome of never meet your hero because ALL of them are awful.

Objectively, they are the most beautiful cars ever manufactured. Mid 50s to mid 70s had the best combination of tech and uninhibited design due to a lack of safety regulations.

Muscle cars have amateurish, immature over the top design. 60's and 70's were a golden era of design but hardly any of it was coming from America except for the Corvette or early Mustangs which were heavily Euro inspired.

>400 ram air
>Slow

This is how I know you are bullshitting

>He must be from Facebook

>14 second 6.6L V8
>fast

This is how I know you have little auto experience.

They're all slow by today's standards.

These cars were mostly family sedans with massive engines in them. Are they slower than today's supercar standards? Yes, but it's quite easy for these 50 year old cars to put down 11s and still be near stock and streetable, and I find that to be acceptable for the cars that they are.
Do people exaggerate them, yes but let's be fair here, these cars are fun to drive.

>Yes, but it's quite easy for these 50 year old cars to put down 11s and still be near stock and streetable

Streetable sure, near stock hell no. Most muscle cars are slow by modern car standards in general. It gets worse when you consider that plenty of magazine test cars back in the day were tuned for the tests.

Take a look at what Car Life did with a 1969 RA IV GTO

400ci/370hp, 4spd, 3.55, 0-60 - 6.1, 1/4 mile - 14.4 @ 98mph

Motor Trend with a modern V6 Camry

5.8 sec/14.3 sec @ 99.6 mph

Personally I don't even think they're that fun to drive compared to actual sporty cars. There's really only one muscle car I respect and I'll likely never even see one in person.

I'll just put my shilling here
psmcdr.com/

Pure stock is the way to rock

Except they allow modifications so it's not a good representation of a stock car at all.

I wasn't arguing that point, but with slight modifications and stock tires they can make decent times, I'm not much of a bench racer so I find just going out and having fun more important.

Then fuck off with your irrelevant bullshit.

I thought this was a 70's car thread...

Me, too...

Get ready for a blogpost:

The reason that so many '60s and '70s cars are normie-approved is because they have decades of being built up with degrees of badassery. You even see it in the "Fast and Furious" movies; end of the first one, classic Charger. They're inherently less safe and have a higher degree of reliance on the builder to make the car do what they want or the skill of the driver. It's the same thing that makes motorcycles seem cooler. The danger aspect implies that the driver doesn't give a fuck; the thing most betas ascribe to and most women lust after. They also come from a time where aesthetics mattered more than fuel economy or safety. That's why, if you were to take the film "Death Proof" and replace the Nova with a Corolla; while the story would be unchanged, it would lack the raw aesthetic that makes the classic car cooler.

Modern media has used these cars as a quick way of establishing a character. If a character shows up in a flashy Cadillac convertible, you can bet they're a rich villain. Older Corvette; renegade badass. Late '60s Mopar, loose cannon that gets results. Most of it is just lazy writing using existing tropes that create a self-perpetuating cycle; not that it doesn't apply to other cars. Want to make a guy an '80s yuppie? Give him a DeLorean. Need a redneck? El Camino! High school burnout? 3rd gen Camaro; preferably a beater.

Normies follow what they're trained to recognize and this is the pattern they see with classics. In an era where creativity is basically dead, it will not be going away any time soon.

damn you're dumb

>how to win an argument on Veeky Forums
>call the offender a cuck virgin
>imply his subjective opinions won't get him the sex with "Stacie " because even though Stacie is a retarded POS cunt all your life choices should revolve around trying to hang out with her
>claim that despite being an autistic incel on Veeky Forums on a Saturday evening you intricately understand what's cool and everything you say or do is "cringe" autism
>guarantee his objectively wrong subjective tastes will get him killed or maimed in a gruesome humiliating manner by Stacie and Chad being obnoxious cunts(btw you are not cool like them Cringefag top lel at ur life)
>everything you say is le cringe and if I see you when mom makes me drive her Prius to the Quicky Mart for tampons I would totally call mum to make fun of le cringe irl me me guye because you are so out of it

Anime is complete and utter shit, they're cartoons you like only because everyone else does.

>musclefags still triggered and acting like underaged cringelords

lmao the entire demographic is retarded

Post boi pussy

Show me where the muscle car touched you user

Nowhere because my grandma's Camry could outrun and outhandle them lmao.

>if you were to take the film "Death Proof" and replace the Nova with a Corolla; while the story would be unchanged, it would lack the raw aesthetic that makes the classic car cooler.
but what would happen if you replaced the Nova with a Nova that WAS a Corolla?

Now there's a badass machine.

And because boomers are the only people with any cash resereves at this point.

you're cool, trying to salvage this thread

I bought a 75 GMC Gentleman Jim today. sat for 10 years and started right up

Let there be peace, brothers.

For 2 seconds i thought it was a 69 firebird but its a GTO. Lets add an f and make it GTFO

Many of these cars had 2.8 or shorter final ratios. Not very 1/4 mile friendly

I'm 21 and I'm doing alright. I had a part time job for two years in high school, paid for a year of vocational school, got hired before I graduated, and now I make $29/hr plus overtime. The only downside is that I now am very familiar with the taste of shit.

Yet your grandmothers Camry will be long forgotten about and will never achieve classic status, even thought technically it is faster, handles better and is more efficient. Nobody will ever give a fuck about a camry

Speak for yourself debtfag

Funny, I'm sure people were saying the same things about early-sixties Mustangs when they were still cars for secretaries, or about tri-fives when they were just cheap beaters. Familiarity breeds contempt.

>liking thing just because other people lile them.
>caring about what other people think.

This board is 18 and older kid

Are you retarded? Safety in the cars of the 60s are horrible. A 90s 'weebshit' Suzuki Swift probably has better portection than some 60s lamdbarge. Ever saw the crashtest between the 55 Bel Air and 2015 Malibu?

Yanks are so retarded.

That must explain all the huge followings and enourmous aftermarket for 60's and 70's Hondas and Toyota's (insert eye roll)

Hardly anybody wanted them then, nobody even knows about them now other than fanboys and automotive hipsters.

Mustangs, camaros, challengers, etc.. anything from the American muscle wars are staples in automotive history. When you can buy complete reproduction bodies, youve reached godtier status. Everybody knows a fucking classic mustang when they see one.

You think anybody is ever going to repop a body for a Toyota Camry? Not likely, nobody would buy them, because nobody cares about them, because theyll never achieve classic status.

>caring about shit like this

lmao who cares if someone cares about it? Especially if said people are as dumb as the musclefags.

>Hardly anybody wanted them
>sold so well they cucked the entire American car industry who made nothing but garbage nobody wanted

LOL

I honestly don't care, I dd a Corolla for fuck sake, it does what it's designed to do and it does it Well, but a classic it's not. OP asked a question as to why muscle cars are normie approved. Because they're classic, and a Camry isn't. Don't get ass blasted when you get told why. It's just the way it is.

Camry is good enough to be continually made so no it won't be forgotten. Everyone knows what a Camry is, the only muscle shits people know are the most common ones that have been forced in media for decades.

Tard

A combination of emissions regulations, bumper laws, general design trends, and the 1973 oil crisis caused american cars to get uglier and slower after 1972. Also, the remainder of the 1970s was characterized by economic recession, the end of the feel-good counterculture, and the failure of the Vietnam War.

As such, everything from the late-60s/early-70s belongs to the "golden years of muscle cars" and also represents a period of American prosperity and good times.

Nostalgia for this era drives up demand and prices.

What about classic Japanese cars from the 70s? They look pretty sweet and were essentially American muscle cars but smaller

Except for the 240z, they're neat, but forgotten.

If they were bigger, had v8s, and were sold here in big numbers (and hadn't all rusted away), they might be on par with muscle cars

I wish the Celica wasn't forgotten. They were even sold here too

why are there always fags get jealous of muscle cars and start comparing it to their cuck econoboxs or boring fwd sedans

The companies didn't pay Hollywood to feature their cars or wasn't sold in the USA so they're not as remembered by normies here. They're just as expensive when it's an actual desirable car though. And of course in Japan they have a big following.

>240Z
>Forgotten

Are you retarded? It's probably the most famous Japanese car and has had a massive following since release even in the USA.

They were btfo by the S30 and were basically just family cars with sporty bodies.

To be fair muscle cars are even worse than minivans fully loaded down. Why do musclefags get salty over every thing being better?

youtube.com/watch?v=9nAx2jtr3K8

i thought u were gonna pull the 350 outta that, or are u gonna drive it
i can hardly keep tires on my car bc dirt poor
how do u keeep buying these things