I'm considering getting a RAM 1500 with the Ecodiesel. Yes...

I'm considering getting a RAM 1500 with the Ecodiesel. Yes, it's a FCA product and I know the electronics will probably shit the bed one day, but I want a diesel and I don't want to shell out a shit ton of money for a 2500.

How are the reliability on these things? Of course if I got one the DPF and all that shit would be gone ASAP, but I don't want the engine blowing up and costing me thousands of dollars. Has anyone had any experience with these at all?

Thank you, Veeky Forums

buy from carmax and get the warranty.

How about you stop acting like bitch and get a 3500 dually

Get the Cummins. I replaced two ecodiesals so far.

Or get the 5.7 hemi. Nothing else, Cummins or Hemi.

I was also considering the Titan XD with the Cummins because compared to the RAM 2500, it's legit like half the price. Sure you get less power and shit but saving a BOATLOAD of money is worth it to me.

I haven't heard anything about the Titans being bad but definitely don't get a Ecodiesal. They have a turbo sensor that you have to clean at every oil change. They are a hassle and I'm a FCA guy.

Wait and see if the general is going to make you pay out the ass like Ford and FCA for a diesel in that half ton

Well the new Ford diesel looks like its also from the EU market, and the new Chevy I6 sounds cool but I don't want to wait until 2019.

Just go with the tried and tested gas V8's. They get almost the same MPG as the small diesels anyways.

PLEASE research the ecodiesel engine before you buy it.

Are you kidding? Review trucks have been in and out of shops all the time. And because the Titan is so different than everything else Nissan has their technicians aren't familiar with them.

> I want a diesel and I don't want to shell out a shit ton of money for a 2500.

Aren't tradesman 2500's right around the same price as an ecodiesel?

>but I don't want the engine blowing up and costing me thousands of dollars

Then don't buy an ecodiesel.

>Has anyone had any experience with these at all

Get a cummins if you want a diesel truck.

>Aren't tradesman 2500's right around the same price as an ecodiesel?
Not with a Cummins they are not.

Titan is shit even with the cummins.... the way it drives just does not compare. If you drive a titan and a 2500 both you would never buy a titan.

they did some weird stuff with that truck.. dosnt shift right, feels like its gutless (which it shouldnt be) .. just a turd to drive.

I've driven an F250 and an XD and they do feel quite different, but the XD seems plenty powerful. This one DID have the updated transmission tune though.

Having driven f250 , 2500 Cummins , eco diesel 1500 and the titan I got the Ram 2500 laramie.. these newer trucks are true cowboy cadallac's.... so far great truck... getting around 17.5mpg if I'm not being heavy on the foot and doing 80 everywhere.

The ecodiesel has its issues... make sure you read about them and fixes for the issues that have been discovered over time

I also own an 05 liberty CRD with the 2.8 diesel... this 4banger is made by same company that makes the v6 in the economy diesel. It's fun but it defiantly has its issues too. Cummins is far easier to work on than even the 4cyl

Liberty CRD mentioned above

I did a headgasket and such on it last summer, that was a bit pricy

Really? I've never driven one. But I completed agree with the Ram 2500. I love those trucks.

how about you get a real mans diesel. THE 7.3 LITER POWERSTROKE

>wet lined sleeves
Others can say what they want about VM Motori, but those Italians know how to build a small diesel.

Not a bad little diesel at all... just be an counter engineering that let's it down

>7.3 LITER POWERSTROKE
buy that if you like to work on trucks or hate money

Get a Cummins, you will pay a bit more, there is a reason for it. I bought mine 10 years ago, and plan on driving it for another 10 years then selling it for 5-6K

I bought a 2004 in 2007 for 10K at auction with 30K miles. It has 94K miles now and JUST got broken in.

Grandpa bought a gasser 1500 ram, the body work is junk my man.

Maybe the Colorado diesel? GM has the best tricks at the moment.