What's not to like?

Other urls found in this thread:

mazdausa.com/vehicles/2018-mazda6
autoweek.com/article/technology/watch-how-mazda-built-new-engine-technology
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No turbos

mazdausa.com/vehicles/2018-mazda6

They better get into the hybrid/electric vehicle stuff or they're done fer

Nah, they're pretty shit tier and their design language sucks. They're seemingly stuck in the past and can't or don't want to embrace the same tech every other car company is.

Cool same displacement and power as a 2001 WRX.

RUST Fuck my shit up

Do they actually handle well though? Like would the mazda 6 out preform a toyota avalon on the nurger king?

Their "Driving matters" marketing is brilliant! people actually eat that shit up lol

I dunno. Drove a 2002 protege and it was super quick light and cornered great. If the avalon is anything like a Prius loll

the new prius actually has pretty good handling and suspension. the electronic steering is a bit much though

>They're seemingly stuck in the past

>Stuck in the past
>the only company that's brought HCCI to market.

autoweek.com/article/technology/watch-how-mazda-built-new-engine-technology

>13BT engine
>reliability

Pick one

affordably priced..... 30k for a regular eco shitbox?

I got the 2018 mazda 3 GT for much less than that.

Their infotainment screens are tacked on, they're king of road noise, they dont make RX's and Mazdaspeeds anymore, and they don't cover their goddamn dead pedal. Also older Mazdas are rebadged fords with engine swaps and are shit.
Aside from that they're breddy gud.

Yes, it is.

>the only company that's brought HCCI to market.

Gee probably because it's a pointless waste of R&D when they can be like everybody else and use a small engine with a turbo.

>design language
Masturbater detected. What sort of tosser says "design language"?

>Everyone should do everything the same
Who cares if it's not quite as efficient, it's great that they're trying something different. Same thing with the rotary engine.

>Who cares if it's not quite as efficient, it's great that they're trying something different

Im my personal experience, the older Ford co-op models were absolute dogshit, my roomate had a 2001 626 that had problems non-stop, eventaully I just told him I wasnt going to fix it anymore when the fuel pump shit out.

And a Mazda 3 is the only car I've ever seen a sunroof get sucked out of. I was driving 80mph and a couple cars ahead of me, a Mazda 3 must have started to open their sunroof. It flew up 30ft high and backwards about 25 yards before exploding into a million pieces on the road. All my passengers were screaming their heads off while I swerved into the left lane in case it came down on me.

I've never seen a pane of glass spinning that fast, reminded me of a top, or one of those pin-wheel spinners.

So yeah Mazda 3 sunroof is dogshit that nearly killed me and my friends, and has probably killed other people and I've never heard of a recall for it.

Difference being that Mazda is doing stuff that no one has done before. Of course it isn't going to be as refined, but it could lead to big breakthroughs.

Why is the wheel on backwards

>Ford co-op models
What did Ford do besides supply the money?

Parts, lots of them. Go to a junkyard and find a 1990's Mazda. Start pulling parts and you'll find mitsubishi and ford branded parts everywhere.

Look closer.

I drove a 3 SP25 today

it's a pretty nice car. way better than everything else it competes with. it's perfect for normies who aren't into cars.

but it's not really sporty enough to satisfy myself

thank god

>Gee probably because it's a pointless waste of R&D

Then why do F1 Racing teams use similar technology?

>Innovating is a bad thing
I don't have an adequate insult with which to respond. You are, quite possibly, the most ass-backwards and ignorant motherfucker who has ever blindly stumbled onto the internet.

Eco shitbox with better driving dynamics, leather everything, HUD, simplified and ergonomic controls for every feature and driver aids that don't cuck you out of driving your own car.

>no turbos
>a bad thing

current year models are too heavy to ever be called "sporty". If you took the current engine tech and put it in some lightweight car it would be fun.

they just feel like you're driving a boat.

My wife’s 2016 Mazda 6 gt is such a fucking dog. It’s like driving in a wind tunnel. And what is this good handling bs shills always shill about? my fucking stupid fusion handles way better ie less understeer. Such a disappointing purchase

>what is their new HCCI
>what is Sky-Activ
>what was the rotary in the 1970's to avoid the liter displacement tax in japan

HMMMM, I SMELL A SHILL

"I don't check and maintain the oil levels of a vehicle that's motor burns oil by design"
"WTF IT WONT START FUCKING MAZDA SO UNREALIABLE"

Nice anecdotal evidence there bud, there was never a recall for a Mazda 3 sunroof, nor has anyone else seemingly had your problems.
"BUT IF I HAD AN ERROR THE WHOLE BRAND IS UNRELIABLE"

Though I agree, the 626 was their most unreliable car, that's what you get when they made the first production car with a supercharger built into the motor.

>626 is most unreliable car
>Somehow manages to scrub their Wankel cars out of memory

this, mazda cucks are the worst posters on Veeky Forums

>European tier styling
>this is somehow a bonus when manufacturers are forced to adhere to nazi tier safety regulations to form soulless abominations like pic related

>most of the cars in its lineup are suvs
>not currently selling any car over 200hp except some suv (i think. no interesting car over 200hp anyway)

As much as i want to like Mazda as a brand, if it wasn't for the mx-5, Mazda would be quite forgettable and only memorable for its past glories

t. mazda owner

Their new 2.5L turbo makes 250 and over 300 ft/lbs. Thats in the new model 6, and will probably show up in a few others.
The upcoming next gen Skyactiv 2.0 makes 190hp, and the following 2.5 will probably surpass the 2.5L turbo.

Can't blame them for making crossovers and small SUVs when thats what Americans want to buy. America is pretty much the only reason why they exist.

>"if it wasn't for their long running sports car, Japanese manufacturer would be quite forgettable and only memorable for its past glories"
fixed

Refer to

Just bought a Mazda2 today yaaay

A cute

That's not a twingo

If Mazda ever puts the 2.5L Skyactiv-X engine in a Miata, that would be the only new car I ever buy. Imagine that extra torque in that (relatively) light frame...

>250hors/310tork Miata
Would be pretty beastly

sorry twingo kun you're just too smol for me

based!

my brand new 2017 3 hatchback was $15.5k

In all fairness of their current lineup, Mazda barely keeps afloat today and almost went out of business twice because of their obsession with sports cars.