/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 8th of August:
870 – Treaty of Meerssen: King Louis the German and his half-brother Charles the Bald partition the Middle Frankish Kingdom into two larger east and west divisions.
1588 – Anglo-Spanish War: Battle of Gravelines: The naval engagement ends, ending the Spanish Armada's attempt to invade England.
1793 – The insurrection of Lyon occurs during the French Revolution.
1908 – Wilbur Wright makes his first flight at a racecourse at Le Mans, France. It is the Wright Brothers' first public flight.
1918 – World War I: The Battle of Amiens begins a string of almost continuous Allied victories with a push through the German front lines (Hundred Days Offensive).
>News
CK2 DD 60 - Rally Up
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-60-rally-up.1037651/

EU4 DD 01/08
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-1st-of-august-2017.1037755/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.1
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.7.1 - 18/07/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SoENzQ-rOd0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

so they are useless

Reminder that Putin is neither white nor based.

4th for Greater Germany

nice blob

kys

youtube.com/watch?v=SoENzQ-rOd0
>No Finland in EU4
>Vicky 2 is boring as fuck

Reminder to shitpost and ignore reporting.

They aren't if you're not retarded like the ai

HPM you still there? I finished the flags you wanted a week ago and can't seem to catch you.

CK2 is the easiest GS though. No matter what you pick once you eat up your smaller neighbours you become unstoppable

Eh, stellaris isn't a _bad_ game...it's not very good, but it's mostly disliked by gsg because it's more 4x than gsg.

Also, CK2 is pretty poor these days, EU4 better IMO.

Aligning things on just a single axis is pretty much always gonna cause problems.

It's fun though, when EU4 and HoI4 simply aren't.

>eu4 not fun.

thedude.extension

white men

>taking territory that has no purpose is "fun"
Lad, it's literally pointless. You take land, you wait for the truce to expire, you take more land. There's no characters, no pops, no complex military system, it's just 100 different modifiers slapped on a game that is essentially Civ.

Hell, Civ is funner.

EU4 is fun although that is a bit subjective. At least coalitions and mana limit you, in CK2 I controlled half of fucking europe as moravia in 1000

ikr AI Ming is fucking atrocious now

>pointless

I think you're confused about video games...

When you're free can I ask you for a couple of flags?

tumblr: the post

Ask away. I still have some other flags to make first, I think, but if yours are simple I could just make them now.

That's because you're playing these games like competitions when you're supposed to play them for fun.

Yes, anyone can conquer the entire world in CK2, but it's much more fun tos tart in 1066, marry into other kingdoms, practice secret incest under the nose of your family, and try to get every one of your kings to have the genius trait.

EU4 has no such gamestyle where you can play tall, thus, it is not fun. As conquering shit is not inherently fun.

>That's because you're playing these games like competitions
Stopped reading. It is a game with a ranking system.

I'm trying to turn these two into vic2 flags but I would like them to have a white background instead of the grey one, can you help me?

>EU4 has no such gamestyle where you can play tall
just like IRL
based realistic EU$

Yeah, for retards who unironically think spreading "le jan ulm ryuku" across the map is a goal. REAL players set themselves limits and use these games to roleplay alternate history.

Doing development in EU4 is honestly dogshit, I cant imagine it working in any way. Anyway Im one of these people that conquer half of asia with Japan in EU4 and then spend one hour looking at the map smilling.

autism

>REAL players set themselves limits and use these games to roleplay alternate history.
What about people that are roleplaying conquering France as Germany or does this not count because it triggers you and takes you out of your safespace?

we brothers war now

reddit

There's literally one autist ITT that hates blobbing and 2 or 3 shitposters get him every single day.

Alright, so it's merely adapting them to Vicky 2 size and making the background white. No further modifications, right?

epic blob

>REAL players set themselves limits and use these games to roleplay alternate history.
What if your RP limit is to kill all non white men

That's fine if it has a reason, muh Charlemagne, but name me one legitimate reason Ulm would conquer the entire world in 200 years.

literal tumblr

Yep, that's it

>but name me one legitimate reason Ulm would conquer the entire world in 200 years.
Because Ulm has a population of humans and is ruled by humans.

think i got it right, better than other user at least

Sounds easy enough. If you happen to have higher resolution pictures of those flags, they'd be useful. If not, I can make do without them anyway.

now THIS is a redpilled Αἰθιοπία

What if your RP limit is to control all trade zones

Unfortunately not, I was searching for the eagle in the first picture without the crown but I can't find it

>vaginia 2
>complex
ebin

just let them wank themselves off m8 it's their only joy

VICTORIA 2 SO COMPLEX LMAO ITS BORING AS FUCK

it us, relative to the babby paradox games

Believable worlds lmao

>DH
>complex

Ah yes, Darkest Hour, the easiest paradox game to understand. Pretty much EU4 to be quite honest f'am.

STOP HAVING FUN REEEE

what do we think about the new China expansion for ck2

This time i arranged them by complexity and then moved them straight up or down. Wasn't sure about EU3/CK2 though

>Biboria 2
>complex

nice argument, post some more

>So illiterate he can't read a chart properly

alright i finally made the unobjective correct chart

If you had just put them all hovering about the middle it would be more accurate, desu.

all your opinions are wrong but mine is right

>DH
>>>>complex

*poops*

Absolutely disgusting, aren't you ashamed of what you've done?

prove me wrong

>your argument

*poops again*

This is so much better than the Union jack.

Fixed the chart.

That's the flag a 14 year old would think is the "really tasteful option" because it doesn't have black or gold or skulls or flames on it.

>Darkest Whore
>replayable

Everyone ITT has >1k hours in EU3/4. Nobody has 1k in DH.

And a flag with black and gold and skulls and flames on it would be really based?

what happens if i don't ever press this?

How about this? Fixed?

it would be EXTREMELY painful

You'll drown in rebels

Liberal genocide

>S-P
if you don't your gonna get fucked by millions of rebels every year past like 1860

it was fucking up my growth too i think.

W&B

nothing personell................... monarchist

Guys, /r/paradoxplaza has this thread on what idealogy everyone there is and it's all dirty commies - really makes you think

china tier

Here you go lad.

What does it make you think, you reactionary drumpfkin?

Great work as usual m8, thanks

Fixed the chart for the last time. Rate?

staccu waipuru no jutsu

>eu4
>>>fun

>hoi4
>on the omnipex of slightly railroaded dun and repimple
Back to you go, laddo.

x1 respectfully disagree

China will have less rebels than you.

>reactionary
Kam'raden, die Rotfront und Reaktion erschossen my friend - but really it just tells me reddit is a shithole.

ugh you imperialists disgust me

>Democrats - conservative
>Republicans - liberals

Wut

>retard - you
>not retard - everyone else

Wut