What is the best exchange to buy ETH on?

What is the best exchange to buy ETH on?
I live in the US.

I've looked at Coinbase, but it takes a few days to get your bank account verified and there is a higher fee for using a credit/debit card (3.99% vs 1.49% w/ $0.15 min for bank account).

Are the fees on Coinbase worth it or is there a better option?

Currently using Coinbase. I just hate the verification times.

>missing dips left and right

Wait, so have you linked your bank account?

Elaborate on verification times please (noob here). Is there a waiting period for transactions or are you talking about the initial bank account verification?

Small correction, I think the the charge is 3.75% not 3.99% for cards, I was reading an old article.

Buy BTC from localbitcoin then move to polo wallet and then exchange from there

What is the advantage of using Poloniex over Coinbase or other exchanges?

Also, should we be waiting for a dip or buying now? What's the consensus here?

this is the dip...

>Coinbase
Takes forever-

Gemini has lower fees than coinbase and stayed up during the whole shitstorm that broke coinbase a few days ago

So how do Gemini and Poloniex compare?

why would anyone consider selling this? Its going to be $100 in less than 1.5 years

They're pretty different. Gemini is more like coinbase in the sense that it's only meant for converting USD into BTC and ETH for now.

Poloniex is for trading BTC into a variety of altcoins.

But is there any reason to choose one over the other for BTC and ETH trading?

Are you buying crypto with straight cash? Then gemini and/or coinbase are what you want to go with.

For the moment, yeah. I plan on buying ETH right now and may branch out to BTC as well... so I'll have some accumulated eventually.

I don't know much about other altcoins yet.

Monero seems promising. It's also gone up from 12$ to 17$ now in a week.

Do you think buying ETH right now at $27 is stupid? I'm eager to jump on the train and don't know if it's gonna dip or if it will just keep rising from this point on.

Wait until it hits 30, buy now or you'll still be asking if you should buy after the dip.

Well, Coinbase is not currently working for me. I added my credit card and everything seemed fine up to the point of confirming my purchase, at which point it failed verification. I tried adding my debit card but for some reason it could not verify my billing address for it even though it's the same address as my credit card.

I tried signing up for Gemini and the site told me that it's not yet operational in my state.

It shouldn't be this much of a hassle to get started... I am still determined to buy some ether, but I will have to check back later on Coinbase or find a different exchange to use if problems pursue. I am hoping that the prices don't skyrocket too much or that we will have a reasonable dip within the next 24 hours.

What about cex.io?

ahhh what trading site allows me to deposit money from a middle eastern country...

gemini needs me to submit ID verification, thats kinda sketchy isn't it? coin base didn't need ID but i don't really want to wait days or pay 3.75% extra

Please send bitcoin.
16VhPNvjEtxDwxaSE4NuKKJZRSrLW84Tx7

look into the security page and read on the founders

tldr its not sketchy

I finally got Coinbase to work it was the fucking bank thinking it's a sketchy transaction or some shit... second time this has happened over the last few months... fraud protection being wack.
Spent maximum of $100 (weekly limit is currently $100 on Coinbase, kek) and bought 3.35 ETH. Not much but I feel like I at least got my foot in the door.

If/when I get more serious I about this I will to move to an exchange with more reasonable fees. Not sure which, yet, however.

gemini is the most legitimate of all these things by far, and as someone who is just changing USD to ETH for long term hodling it's perfect

>spent $250 on ETH on coinbase
>that $10 fee

Holy shit I feel like I'm getting jewed hard. Why is Coinbase so popular if the fees are actually higher than other options?

And what are some good options? I looked at Kraken but I'm new and the site seemed a bit confusing.

localbitcoins.

They cover the transfer fees when you move your coins out of the wallet which can get pricey depending on the amount, also they are delivered instantly so you do pay a premium but you benefit from that premium