Other urls found in this thread:

cycletrader.com/listing/2016-Yamaha-Bolt-5001034204
collegestation.craigslist.org/mcy/d/kawasaki-klr-600/6448041887.html
youtube.com/watch?v=mUKpOSba-Kc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZmjB5Xb2RcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PPCfPGAIXVM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Ninja 650 Supersport

I thought that was an ultra mega hyper super maximo sport.

Best dual sport reporting in

I have it too, great helmet !

looks expensive

Please
Please someone talk me out of this. I'm not a cruiser fan, never wanted a cruiser, but I sat on it yesterday and I was talked into a test ride. I am going to pick it up tomorrow if someone doesn't slap me out of it.

I could pay it off in 3 months without even touching my entertainment fund.

cycletrader.com/listing/2016-Yamaha-Bolt-5001034204

Do it faggot

Next helmet will be a Corsa R unless I get another sweet deal on the pista.

:3

That's a good deal for a 2016, very low mileage, throw some new rubber on it though because the stock tires are known for death wobble.

I'm begging you guys to talk me out of it, what are you doing?

Do it

V4 buyer here,

NIKE

Next bike will be an adv one, so i’ll buy a Schubert probably the E1 adventure

THE motorcycles I want are some ex military motorcycles some dirt bikes and some quads that look cool too

Excluding the bike itself (ninja 250), around how much should i be looking to spend in total on gear used gear? Additionally how much will i be spending monthly on insurance and maintenance?

That's an overpriced pigfat cruiser that you won't be able to enjoy like a naked or sport bike. Worse for commuting, worse for hooning, worse for everything but long distance travel and without a windshield it's pretty shit there too.

at least $200 for a helmet ( do not buy it used and make this the most expensive part )

other shit is fine to buy used ie
200+ for a jacket
150+ for boots
100+ for pants most people don't wear moto pants but that's a bad choice
50+ for gloves, get some good leather gloves maybe even spring for some palm sliders

insurance just ask em for a quote and shop around
maintenance depends on how shitty the bike is. routine maintenance is easy enough to do yourself ie oil changes chain maintenance so learn that

Camping with a sportbike?

Y/N

I don't see why not.

Agreed, my opinions to add:
Don't look at price for helmets, anything from $200 to $500 will do what it is supposed to, and it comes down to how the brand and specific make of helmet fits your head. Some people have a $200 head, others have a $500 head. Some people are a medium-large in one brand and a large in others. Some people change sizes for the same brand but different helmets. Try on a shitton, and wiggle your head around, you don't want a helmet that feels snug but then slips to the side when you look behind you at 70 mph.

Depending on climate:
Riding jacket (leather or textile, but get shoulder and elbow armored jackets) but mine cost like $150.
I use $70 ankle-cut hiking boots for riding.
Get kevlar jeans with built in knee pads. Trust me, no other riding pants are worth wearing in public, at least try to look normal, it's worth it. Will run ~$150 for good pants.

Gloves depend, I have winter riding gauntlets that let zero wind in and are thick textile and leather, no breathability, great for strapping over your jacket. I also have cheaper vented thin textile gloves for hot summer riding, they just have finger/knuckle guards and palm sliders. There's an $80 price difference and they offer similar protection, the thicker gauntlets being the more expensive.

Do your own maintenance on everything that doesn't require special electronic reading equipment, like re-calibrating your EFI or something. Motorcycle maintenance is a meme and you should be doing almost everything yourself, because you're going to be doing it significantly more often than on a car.

Sure

Do it faggot, it's a great commuter bike

ayyyy an xt

Wrong

Your bike looks like the bike from pubg

>cruiser
>commuter
wat

Its not bad.

Y

The 250 rally is bad.

Muh maintenance intervals

How is it any worse than OP's shitcan? At least it has a real windshield.

I meant the ktm senpai. Its bretty good but not the best.

Well for one it's about 80 lb lighter.

It's also cheaper, makes almost the same power, and no stupid plastics designed like rally tanks to break when you drop it

>The only reason I cracked the bash plate was cause I tried to do a rock crawling area with 2 foot steps.
Atleast its not the engine taking hits I guess.

>690 Enduro
>not the best dual sport on the market
>says the 250 rally owner
I guess I shouldn't expect much from anyone stupid enough to buy that bike.

Is this a good idea?

collegestation.craigslist.org/mcy/d/kawasaki-klr-600/6448041887.html

Still doesn't prove anything. If the 690 could do everything good id agree. But then two strokes can be street legal too. Also I mean the huskies are the better bike desu.

Yes

>two strokes
>dual sports
Do you ever say anything that's not retarded?

>Gay sex tent

I remember this, some user got his boipucci creamed really hard.

Do you ever prove a point? Im just fucking around mentioning two strokes cause the 500's can be street legal kek.

Post boipucci

Actually I agree with part of that, the 701 is better simply because it got the smoother motor. Otherwise they are essentially the same.

And what do you think it doesn't do "good"

Still no.
Do some hare scrambles and hard enduro then you'll want something a little different. Just saying its pretty damn good for some shit but its isnt good in some other areas. Do love the sound the 690 makes when laying down power.

How many hare scrambles have you done on your 250?

Post boipucci

Dont have any on maui. Stop rubbing it in >.

>Octo trying to pretend he knows what he's talking about
>to CC

Post boipucci

>talking about hare scrambles
>on a dual sport
Displacement aside, you would never do an offroading event or race on a fucking dual sport. It would be retarded. That would be like taking your ralley to a fucking motogp race, it's not what they're built for.

What they are built for is hooning around offroad, and if you throw aggressive enough knobbies on, you can take a light dual sport just about anywhere you can any other bike.

But you aren't winning any races, especially not on a bike that weighs more than a 400cc and generates the power of a 250.

>people keep flipping my kill switch every time I park my bike for longer than 5 minutes
STOP

I used to kill switch my brother whenever we stopped at traffic lights. My old 500R had such a huge easy one to hit too, my Tuono uses a button instead so it’s super hard to do now.

youtube.com/watch?v=mUKpOSba-Kc

XT user here, just look at 40:00 onward, just for a few minutes, then 54:00 onward. If you tried that on any dualsport you'd lose your bike, guaranteed.

Some guys do hare scrambles on 950SEs. They are crazy.

And no, they are not as fast as the dirt bikes.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZmjB5Xb2RcQ

Now that my mind tells me this is a possibility, I suddenly want to camp with a sportbike in super cold Alaska instead of owning a home. Vanliving minus the van, plus a backpack for all I need. I would post this /out/ but traversing winter Alaska by motorcycle is the only concern I have. How extremely painful 4me is this idea 0-10?

About 10 painful.

As long as they finish, I'm sure it's worth the fun of it.

That's my fault though, you're right. When I think of a hare scramble I think of pro-sponsored events where dudes are doing shit I can't even do on 100cc superlight bikes simply because the skill gap between them and normal riders is so insanely high.

I'm sure in small local ones for fun, you can be an amateur rider on almost any machine and at least finish the race.

Considering the roads (or lack thereof) and terrain in Alaska you'd be better off on a dual-sport or dirtbike.

>sportsbike
>in alaska
>offroad
>in fucking winter
Yeah bro I can't see how it could be a bad idea.

He'd be better off on a snowmobile. A small, cheap crossover or utility snowmobile. Or a cheap trail 2 stroke arctic cat, something.

I'd also get a cheap AK or something because bear spray is useless when it's 40 below zero, and polar bears don't hibernate.

Sorry, won't do it again.

Check out ed marsh on youtube
He rode across Canada in the winter

I'm going for maximum suffering for the experience. Dualsport it is

youtube.com/watch?v=PPCfPGAIXVM
And this video shows why large rocks and loose gravel are the bane of my existence. I wish I had a gopro when I went way off trail up at redrock, took a wrong turn, and got inches within cliffs with fucking boulders in the way that I had to navigate to get to a point where I could turn around, and then go all the way back.

The way the guy managed to basically throw his bike over the top of the hill at 1:37 is hilarious.

Get a better dualsport.

At this point it's less about my bike and more about me being a shit rider. I mean, I know the tips and tricks, weighting and deweighting pegs for obstacles, center of gravity for hills and rocks, etc. but when it comes down to it, I'm trash. I'm better than most people that don't ride in dirt, sure, but I can't compete with pro riders, or even amateur scramblers for that matter. There's just a huge skill gap between me and people that really know how to ride offroad that won't be fixed by me hopping on a CRF-125, despite that being my go-to dirt bike for real offroad hooning.

These people are struggling with purpose-built enduro bikes, no dual sport is going to help him on similar terrain.

Most of the time, improving your skill as a rider is vastly more important than buying a better bike. 80% rider skill, 20% bike.

Is there a good reversible way to have both supermoto and enduro setup on one bike, so you can change it at will? Obviously you need two sets of wheels (with a smaller rear sprocket on the street ones, I'd imagine), but what do you do about the suspension? Do you have it setup so that it can do both kinda okay, or do you change the adjustable settings every time you change wheels?

If I were going to replace my bike, this would be my ideal dual sport. I want something lighter than what I already have, and 90% of 250cc dual sports are heavier than my Serow.

The hardest part would be the suspension since they are quite different. You’d either have to find a happy medium between the two and have a bike that’s a pretty crappy supermoto and enduro, or expensive adjustable suspension that can firm up the damping and whatnot for road use.

not sure but i wanna post this sex

I'm just saying if you need to maintain street legality the modern stuff from husky, ktm, and beta blows what you have out of water. Throw out the extra power they're still much better at scrambling over shit. Breaks, suspension and steering will take a shit on your bike. No it won't be the equivalent of a purpose built enduro but it's appreciably better.
And I say that as a die hard old man two smoker that resisted buying a dualsport for 10 years because fucking tractor engines.

dual sports are gay

post bike

That got me thinking, why aren't there any 2 stroke dual sports? The 250/300 EXC is street legal in many countries, but it's not comfortable at all sitting at a constant speed on the road, unlike the 4 stroke EXCs. But I know that's just because it's a race tuned engine, there are older 2 strokes tuned for street use that are perfectly comfortable riding on the road for longer distances.

Because honestly two-stokes aren't worth shit on road. They can't maintain high speeds, they'd require tall gears for distance, and the maintenance intervals are WAY too close together.

>why aren't there any 2 stroke dual sports?
emissions

Rate the oneitis boys

That and you can take a 4 stroke dual sport 400 miles in a day, with mostly freeway riding, without any huge issues.

That's basically the maintenance interval on any high strung 2 smoke.

Plus you can just fill up anywhere with a 4 stroke rather than having to carry oil to mix with your fuel all the time.

How many of you will lynch me if I restomod the MC22? The snapped fairing is bothering me and the whole thing needs a teardown for mechanical fixes anyway.

Define restomod

I'd love an MC22 with the swingarm from a VFR400 and USD forks

More will if you don't
Avoid being a massive faggot and ruining it

Depends what you actually do to it.

why not just get a RVF400 then? Single sided swingarm goodness, upside down forks and more power, they feel pretty similar to ride

RVF and mc22s are unicorns anyway
Get a futura

Or even a MC28 NSR250.

Man I want an RVF400.

What's with the eyepatch?

>RVF and mc22s are unicorns anyway
>unicorns

They're absolutely everywhere in the UK.

I'll shooperise your pics from yesterday now my dude.

Its styled after the endurance race bikes, its where they put the number on the front. pic related

Same as Australia, more MC22's as they were sold by dealers here for a couple years, the NC35's are all imports.

I’m thinking a half-fairing without the faux ram intakes in an even more minimal version of pic related colour scheme (probably no branding and decals, lines mostly the same).

Definitely a single-sided swingarm if I can do the engineering for it and some upgraded suspension all around. Clocks will be changed to less gaudy and asymmetric, maybe digital ones.

Minimal engine work. Custom headers, maybe 4-2 rather than 4-1. Idea is to show the headers off with the trimmed fairing. Might make the engine and cylinder head one brushed metal colour to really make them pop and let everyone know that my 250 has four whole cylinders.

Just spitballing so far, only just came up with the idea.