/ORG/: winter camping edition

Offroad and Overlanding General. Pretty much Veeky Forumsut posting.

If there's no asphalt or pavement in your picture, post them here. No weebs allowed. Post overlanding rigs. Post offroading rigs. Penniless NEETs need not apply.

For the o/ut/ thread, here:
Gay copypasta:
General Veeky Forums discord:
>discord.gg/JtHpWYb
Disc/org/ server:
>discord.gg/FGMNmeg
new /ORG/ stickie when?
Someone post the zeemap i don't have the link to it

Post winter adventures.

>toyota jimny in us market when

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GyjvPbgVIjA
m.liveleak.com/view?i=493_1516521297
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for suburban on 40+" tires is best

I don't get tents. I just fold the seats down with a mattress and I have a comfortable bed in my hatchback. Install some curtains, open two opposite windows for some airflow and youré good to go, you got the two most basic essentials of life, transport and a roof over your head. All other utilities are secondary. Showers can be done in the rain, lakes or rivers. Cooked meals can be done above a portable gas stove but these days you can survive on non cooked meals if you want to. The woods are your toilet. Trash can be deposited in public trashcans. Who the hell needs a caravan ?

Picking up my new fourby next weekend, can't fucking wait. Wish me luck boys.

What are you getting user?

Looking to buy my first car, how reliable are 2004 Jeep Liberties?

They look good and theres lots of them in my price range, just need to know if they'll break down on me because I'm a poor college student

Daihatsu F85 with a factory Toyota 3Y motor

Get a 2016 4runner instead

im poor user
i have 4-5k

Use that as a down payment

>not getting a new 4Runner

do you know anything about 2004 jeep liberities? are they pieces of shit or what

It's a jeep and it's the soccer mom bitch model. Are you a soccer mom?

yes i am a soccer mom

i dont give a fuck if its the bitch model, i need reliability

Don't get any modern jeep except a wrangler. The wrangler is just as unreliable as the others but 10x easier to fix. The old cherokee wagons with square headlights are good too. Why anybody would buy a recent jeep is fucking beyond me, they are no different to Toyota Rav4s and Honda CRV's

It's a jeep they have no reliability

For 5k or so, which of these would be the most reliable?

>xterra
>crv
>subaru something
>jeep liberty

they have good reviews on edmunds though, is that a bad place to check?

Only soccer moms reviewed them on lease. Get the Xterra

Crv but you will never enjoy driving it

this

thanks anons, CRV is the least appealing

I'm torn between xterra or the liberty right now

There is a certain year I think 2011 thru 2013 that is ideal. Something about the engine or transmission.

youtu.be/GyjvPbgVIjA

Fuck off nigger

(bully)

fuck off cunt

At least I'm not a nigger

(nigger)

Lets stop being mean to eachother and instead focus on this Arctic Trucks-built Mercedes-Benz Vito on whitespoke wheels and modified mud-terrains

Wish me luck ffs you pack of snow niggers

Get a Subaru
Most reliable you've mentioned second to the crv but more fun
Don't get Jeep

AZTECCCCCC

My personal Crowd-Plow

Never heard that name for it

Good cars. The first gen. rusted terribly, but with the 2.8 turbodiesel they were surprisingly quick for their time, and reliable to boot

Neighbor/coworker swears by his 94, and with the right care I bet it would outlive my Hilux

Aztek*

I want to hold her hand

no

I will catch you and ask nicely if I can

Gonna freshen up the Chevy tomorrow. There's no asphalt in this picture.

post chebby v8
>ford products
>ford motor oil
o.jpeg

Sorry, I misspelled Jeep.

Just joshin you. It's fer muh Ferd.

o

post jeep v8

so cute

Guess you missed a post, eh?

o. o darn

Should I carry all the stuff outside to complete the chain?

I did it anyway. Fuck you.

Sure!

Hope you're having a nice Saturtay, user.

no u

thanksd

so where can we all erp and masturbate together?

I did. Is your connection slow?

pancake chicken sausage dogs

wh-what

Yes.

I want to replace my old SUV with something better on the road but can also handle a good amount of softroading. Does the Crosstrek fit the bill pretty good /org/? I know
>REEEEE CROSSOVER REEE
but really its a slightly lifted hatchback which really interests me. thoughts? other alternatives?

I know you're lying, but that sucks. And you fags wonder why I shit up these threads.

2016 4runner

Bronco or XJ?

They're decent on bad roads, shit on tarmac due too overly stiff suspension

Avoid the CVT, the 1.6 engine and the lowest options package

Neither

XJ

Are the 4 cylinder wranglers worth looking at? They're so cheap in my area. Or should I just pay for an i6 model?

I have an old 2wd xj laying around is it easy to swap from the 4cyl to the i6 if I wanted to?

Only women drive them

That wasn't even me. ):

saw this on my facebook earlier today. 80 vs a... 2016 4runner

still think 2016 4runners are cool?

2016 4runner

That's either a 4th or an old 5th Gen. Also steel always wins against plastic.

everythings fucked and I can't comprehend how

Steel bumpered vehicle built with very little mind to crumple zones vs modern vehicle designed to absorb energy in a crash and minimize damage to its occupants

Gee, I wonder

Crumple zones were made by the auto Jew to make more money. Even in slow speed wrecks new cars disintegrate

Just picked up this last week. Had to reseal the rear diff and needed new shocks but now it's perfect

pedestrians like those.
you would too, if you were on two wheels or if a drunken asshole strikes you on foot.

fuck, jews so bad volvo has put airbags under the hood.

solid. please don't rambo it into a ditch.
how many miles?

I won't I'm honestly so in love with it it's been hard taking it in the woods at all. It just hit 128k

>tfw barely 13mpg in my TJ
Anything I can do besides drive like a fucking granny?

what year?

looks fine to me shuddup

If a car hits you when you're on your murdercycle, or on foot, you have shit situational awareness. Also your gear should help you survive if you're on two wheels in the unlikely event you get hit by a car

To this day I still want an aztek

So basically avoid them all together.

You should get a proper CJ-5 with a VEE ATE.

Ladders are so aesthetic.

WWHYVTHE FUCK WOYILD YIU WAMT ONE IF THSE OIECES OF SHITSSSA

engine swap

especially to a diesel

do you not have $3k?

Depending on the location cracking windows still gets way to hot/cold/wet. Tent has more room for more people. But ultimately it's just different strokes man. I know for me if I camp in July I'm going to take a caravan because Texas summers are bordering triple digits all day. I'll need air conditioning and ungodly amounts of water.

>2016 taco TRD
Or
>2016 canyon diesel

GM, the answer is always GM

under-engineered parts

go toyota

Nice memes

Taco

Tacos are for eating, not for driving

2016 4runner trail premium

m.liveleak.com/view?i=493_1516521297

I mean... with a manual. 2.0 engine, and one of the better options packages its alright. Still, if you drive like 95% on tarmac and at highway speeds its really not a good vehicle. The suspension works the best when you're on somewhat rough gravel roads. On tarmac its very stiff and you feel every bump in the road, even more so than you would in my Hilux. Drive it on a bit more bumpy gravel road and its perfectly fine, offering very good suspension

They are terrible to work on, but I don't think you would expect otherwise on a compact 2013 car

Tacos are meant to be driven and loved because they're just doing their best

Unfortunately their best still isn't good enough

seems more than adequate considering the fan base