/fg/ - Falcom General #40

Previous Thread: OL Fran in a dress edition

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Trails of Cold Steel III's on track for Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. News/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Class VII's back: imgur.com/a/Pw4Cp

- New CS III scans: twitter.com/HDKirin/status/890226327122362369

- Trails of Cold Steel II confirmed for PC release:
gematsu.com/2017/07/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-pc-launches-august-2

- Cold Steel PC guest blogs (written by port programmer Durante, of DSFix fame):
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163454030210/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-2-from
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163720373505/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-3-from

- Ys Seven coming to PC, trailer/info: gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-pc-first-details-trailer-screenshots

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA. Please complain to Falcom, not XSEED (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_VSDw8VwaNE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cecil, she's a good girl

ELIE

Cecil is taken

Randy is a big guy

That Olivier model looks like its about to shed its skinsuit and lay eggs inside people

Which II party members are still unknown in III?

Crow

So, what organisation do people reckon that the protagonist of Trails [of Calvard] will be in?

I'm fairly certain that it will be the Rocksmith Agency under Kilika, which would mean they've been planning every other arc since the 3rd.

Claire, I swear if they erase her importance to the plot just because of her voice actress's fate...in the end of CS2 we had a scene with her and Rean foreshadowing something, now they act like she don't even exist.

Oh fuck me you had to remind me.

threadly reminder that she has to plug her loose holes on regular basis to stop the leaking

The japs are bizarre with voice actors, in western games if something happens to a VA or they get uppity over pay they just find someone else who vaguely fits the character

Pre-order her game and give her back her Crossbell.

*tosses crossbell to fellow bullies while Juna is stood in the middle*

She had such a nice voice.

They'll just get a replacement. It wouldn't be the first time for this actress. But I wouldn't expect the ironbloods to be front and centre when Rean's goal is to kill his dad with a giant robot.

They already replaced Altina's actress, Falcom does not care. If Clare is important, she's not being written out.

She's so cute

kys

>taken
He's dead Jim.

youtube.com/watch?v=_VSDw8VwaNE

Zero is on par with Ys Origin and Seven as JDK's magnum opuses

as if death would stop anyone anymore

So I've been thinking. Why did NISA suddenly care about Ys? Sales wise it does pretty well but nowhere near gangbuster-ly good. Yet NISA flew Kondo over, paid for a pc port, dual audio, tons of press releases, amazing collectors edition etc...

I'm thinking some higher up in NISA must be a huge fan of Ys or something.

Yeah but for some reason mc actually wants that faggot back. Meanwhile Lloyd and co know they shouldn't bring nii-chan back.

Pretty much all the guest ones. While probably every one will make an appearance nobody but Class 7 and Angelica has been confirmed playable, and Toval and Claire don't have new art, which doesn't boad well for them doing more than showing up just to remind people they exist.

Because they needed to publish something that might actually turn a profit for them.

they want to show FALCOM that they can do better than XSEED in order to snatch future contracts

Would you consider Toval using a disguise more or less unlikely now that we know everyone's coming back from the dead?

That's not really how licensing or market data work.

dunno, but at least for me as a consumer I'm already liking how Ys VIII will have dual audio, something that XSEED never bothered doing so.

It's not bizarre, it's just different. In america you've got a small pool of VAs an it's not such a great job anyway but in japan it's a pretty big industry. They often put a lot of thought into who's going to voice x character and fans also get pretty attached to VAs to the point where they buy stuff just for them so you have to be careful when you change things.

Trails in the Sky full remake with Cold Steel graphics and gameplay when?

Never I hope. They should just focus on making new games.

I'm pretty sure that's false.

I think they said Kiseki is like 60% done or someshit. Once they finish they'll probably remake Sky-Crossbell.
I don't think it works that way. And judging sales from a PS4 Ys compared to older ones isn't a good indication at all. It's probably just the lack of anything else to bring over and building relations.

lol
If anything the Jap industry is even more of a racket with corporate casting and guild rules for income and employment. Most actors are also paid very little.

Doesn't Xseed usually also bring over Jap voice acting for some of their games? I think if they could they would, i mean, if they do it for some, why not for this one? Especially sky, since it's basically battle grunts, so bringing over original wouldn't be as expensive. So maybe Falcom only recently has been extending the range on their voice contract so they may reach for globally for localizing companies.
I dunno honestly, it's just a guess of mine, since YIII has the voice acting in Japanese, and it's one of their more recent games, and they recently have seen the potential with the market extending out of Asia, so who knows really. Maybe Sen III could show up with voice acting, if my description happens to fit the bill.

>full remake

enjoy your Sky/Zero/Azure remakes using Akatsuki character models

Yeah sure but how does that make my post a joke? I just said it's a big industry not that everyone gets great money. That should be obvious anyway especially when the competition's bigger too. Or is what you're saying somehow disputing my creators wanting x va for their character and fans being obsessive?

Usually claiming Xseed never nuclides Japanese audio is a sign that someone is shitposting. But Falcom doesn't have control over that; in Japan the rights to performances are kept by that company, not the game developer.

No, it was more the idea that they put careful thought into casting and the industry is big. The seiyuu otaku thing is about right, but it's a separate element.

Well like i said i don't really know how this stuff works so it's just a guess of mine. But i do know that apparently some of the voice acting stuff can be pretty annoying contract wise.

It can be, but it's down to the other parties. The local autist likes to pretend people have claimed it was because of Falcom. At most they could be blamed for working with uncooperative agencies.

Is there any way to get some battle scopes early on? I'm on chapter 1, before going to do the mandatory quest on the old schoolhouse 4/18.

What's the name of the track that plays in Arios' area in the Azure Tree?

>Intermission is basically the second half of SC Chapter 6
Oh Falcom

>tokyo xanadu

is this game at all related to xanadu next?

How does rean beat all unnatural

Did anyone ever post the whole thing

Where's Tio?

>Crow is just bad end Elie
Huh

It's called spoiler alert

Not for a long, long time if ever. Kondo wants to remake White Witch (then the other two Gagharv titles, presumably), and he'll be around ex-President Kato's current age once that's done. The company does need to expand as much as possible while still keeping their local-studio approach, and part of that means fostering new leadership to take over after Kondo, Kato, Kusano, and Ishikawa step down/to the side. Maybe the new guys would like to remake Trails games over time.

Absolutely nothing in common other than brand titling. Xanadu Next is probably more interesting to check out, too, if you want unique, fast dungeon-crawling and a more subtle story. It really captures the atmosphere of classic Xanadu/Falcom games, almost like a Brandish title at times (you even have a lady rival of sorts).

No room for Crossbell

>Randy

He's an Empire man now. Training the next generation of occupation forces.

Calvard when?

Does Olivier's sister go around incognito hitting on all the boys and girls?

>t. imperial chronicle

Deal w/ it

I can't wait to be able to wipe the smug out off this man's face

Tio is so fucking cute

I want to like CS but so far it feels so damn restrictive. There's no sense of freedom/adventure like Sky or various places almost always open like Crossbell. You just walk around the school, social link, exams, dungeon floor of the chapter, go away for a weekend to do exactly what x planned so you can learn exactly y, then back to school. There's not much variety in these subplots either since the main npcs are nice and all but in the end it's just a bunch of students and teachers. Is it like this till the end? Is the sequel any better?

Rean's tulpa a cute.

The sequel is pic related and all the students you've been interacting with are your crew members

>tfw you will never have a cute vampire loli tulpa
why even live

Sky had as much freedom as CS, You go to an town, and explore the surrounding area, the only time it ever opens up is in SC and its in the second to last chapter. 3rd is essentially a straight line.

Did the sepith market crash or some shit? It's pretty much worthless to sell sepith now.

His outfit is a hilarious extra "fuck you" because it's a constant reminder that Crossbell brought this on themselves.

Deepest lore

IBC destroyed the market.

Lloyd is busy crashing the market over in Crossbell.

I'm talking about the atmosphere though. You were travelling on your own and having adventures not being sent to a specific place so a specific situation would happen that would teach you this specific thing. It just feels more planned than spontaneous. And even though in sky one place closed when the next opened it still felt like you spend time there. Here everyone and everything reminds you it's 2-3 days and there's various shit going on so it feels like you are rushing it

CS2 weirdly making a big deal out of her last name makes me think she's adopted or something.

Well yeah user, it is planned. You're correct.

WAIT WAIT WAIT HOLD ON TIMEOUT
I never made this connection before

That's the point, Class VII strings are being pulled, its kind of the theme of the game.

>So how much of you is unnatural
>ALL OF ME
I wonder if being mixed is like being fused with a demon from Gehenna or something. It's not like a stigma where you absorb an artifact for sure.

How far ahead do you think the game was written when sky was released?

>erebonian apologist
Yeah I'm sure Crossbell wanted to be sandwiched between two greedy faggots. As I'm sure Erebonia would have never invaded once their civil war was over. Sure Dieter made a grand mess of things but in the end it was just a great excuse.

I remember Kondo saying that whole Erebonia was written before Zero & Ao

Well ok. But it's not fun.

Crossbell was literally made by those two greedy faggots, to be a place where they could be greedy faggots.

And after being elected Dieter fucking unleashed terrorist attacks against his own people and then tried to take over the continent. Clearly Crossbell can't be trusted to run their own shit.

I suspect that "mixed" refers to "mixed with the blood of Zoro-Agruga"

Ironic isn't it.

Doesn't mean all the people there don't deserve something better. And Dieter was a shit leader like everyone admits but he explicitly says he's not interested in world domination. That was Ian and Mariabell wanting to rewrite reality and put Crossbell on top of the other countries.

I thought it was fine, It's more of a set up game like FC, I just wish on NG+ you could go to the other places, Id have liked to have seen the Jurai SEZ.

here comes the redpill:
You can see roots in the catacombs near the dragon. You can also spot black butterflys (which would become the crimson butterflys in CS2)

Yes because Erebonia leaders can totally be trusted and have never committed various atrocities. And it's not like they are not just waiting for an excuse to invade and annex everything. Just like when they totally didn't drive their secret tanks to Liberl.

What? No you weren't. You were on a specific regional tour for the first game as part of your training, and in the second you were usually in places because the plot demanded it.

Where do you people get these strange ideas

Not really. They say in the end crossbell was just the excuse/catalyst. Shit would have happened either way. since tensions were brewing all around

The Irony that Erebonia does the same shit.

>implying anyone was buying this

What a trustworthy-looking man. We should all make sure to support him.