Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Tekken World Tour Announced
tk7.tekken.com/news/tekken-world-tour-announced
>Ultimate Tekken Bowl trailer
youtu.be/-BaJENh1Irs
>Geese Howard DLC trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA
>New Panel Art as Free DLC
gematsu.com/2017/07/tekken-7-teams-renowned-artists-game-panel-art-due-free-dlc-september
>Eliza and Taiko no Tatsujin DLC
siliconera.com/2017/07/28/eliza-taiko-no-tatsujin-dlc-join-tekken-7

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/preview
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>T7 Character Information Compilation
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

research.net/r/S2V92TM?utm_source=tekkengamer.com&utm_medium=referral
youtube.com/watch?v=lTxXREEQjpk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

All 've done for the past week is take random characters into the lab and learn about them.
I have no main. I've had the game since release. Help.

>falling for the pad meme

Hitbox is objectively the best choice. B-but look at all the pros who are playing with a pad or stick except the ones that aren't! Eat shit.

Remember to take the Tekken 7 Survey!
research.net/r/S2V92TM?utm_source=tekkengamer.com&utm_medium=referral

Yea you already posted this.

I love you and your main is awesome

If you prefer the hit box meme then just use it. No one really cares what you use.

anyone tag 2 na east?

And no one cares what you think lmao fuckin rekt

stop replying to yourself lucifer

he still does this crap, at least we don't get the cropped blue rank replays anymore

Are one trick ponies looked down upon in the fgc?

define one trick ponies, like people who only play one character ?

What do i do against an unga bunga Leo?

Today i fought A LOT of kings, i dont know wtf is going on

A one trick pony has a single gimmick that they are entirely reliant on, such as a Paul that does nothing other than his 50/50. Just playing no one but Paul doesn't make you a one trick pony.

I still don't understand Bryan's design at all. He has mediocre pressure and a mediocre mid range game. I just dont get it. Maybe if he had an electric instead of jet upper then he could be called a solid mid range character? But as it stands he just feels like an awkward turtle character that prays for lucky CHs and Orbitals.
Even Bryan at a high level of play looks like Bryan has to take it up the ass for 80% of a round and kill the opponent with his high damage during the remaining 20% of the round.
youtube.com/watch?v=lTxXREEQjpk

Don't reply for me

Does lars have a high skill ceiling? I'm feeling like he has a ton of options at anyntime with his entry stances

Who is the most DISRESPECTFUL character?

Yeah, people who only play one character

no. he is just bad in this game. his stances are not that useful for poking, but if you have people certainly scared to press buttons (which lars sucks at doing now that he lost his old df+2), you can stance in their face like a wavedash.

you have to heavily rely on orbital or snake edge to get launchers and do damage, regardless of what people think
people say "oh taunt jet upper" but not only is it extremely hard to do, you never EVER want to throw out taunt without a wall behind youre opponent, and even then there are better options than just a jet upper at the wall

So the neutral frame is actually not necessary then? Is it just there because youre not supposed to go from forward directly to down? The last input here was still an EWGF.

choose the coolest one.
or the one you think has a cool fighting style.

Can any hwo mains help me out?

I'm trying to transition to right stance while on the go but every time I do, the combo resets or I do a running kick

Are you me?

sorry kid
bitches aren't allowed in this general, beat it

>tfw I like Yoshi the most but I'm beyond hopeless with him

its a bug on the displayed inputs. its a "mid" frame, you actually did a neutral.

Eddie

>Snake edge
Please dont talk to me again. I want to have a discussion with experienced tekken players not scrubs.

you play an active keep out game with the long range CH tools, orbital's range to catch limbs/dashes, and stuff like mach kick for evasion. and use his high damage long whiff punishers like qcb+2,4 or mach punch. and mainly frame trap up close for the big damage or just do fast, small pokes like any other character. he has strong tracking up close, too.

Who the fuck is lucifer? Is he xv-kun of tekken threads?

you mean in a combo? it can help to do b+3+4 for the transition instead of f+3+4 or n+3+4 to reset the input buffer when dashing after the screw. i'm assuming you're trying to do blah blah S!, dash RFF f+3, ender? you can also make sure to dash all the way up to them so hwo stops running, and then 3+4, f+3.

Hworange
any female character but Kazumi
Dragunov
King
Bears
Yoshi
Bryan to an extent
it's hard to choose between them

I need some tips on landing CHs with Kazuya.

All I know is Stature Kick into df2 and wiff punish with b1+2.

t. kazumi main

Yeah its a simple combo it's

d/f 2,f f3, 3,4, b 4, dash RFF f+3, into a hunting hawk.

I'll keep trying, I think what I'm doing wrong is trying to stance switch in the middle of the dash. But I'll try what you said. Thanks

Eddy is fuckin sick

how do i get gud ?
I mean the AI is really easy and nothing is a challenge while my internet connection don't let me play multiplayer one of my friends is hwo fag and i can't beat him.
>main
Maybe Law and Lili because they are cool

well you're not going to get better by not playing him

I don't play female characters faggot

Who should I play if I like defensive, short-range characters?

yoshi is the most disrespectful. you dont know disrespect until you've been harakiri'd and then ki charged by a faggot octopus

practise on movement. its universal and there is always room to improve it.

b+1+2 isn't a whiff punisher, but yea up close it's a good CH launcher on its own. try frame trapping with 4. it's 12f and safe on block, so it's not terribly risky like df+2 is while giving the same reward (CH launch). the only problem is it's a high, so they can duck and kill you for it, but usually people mash jabs/your goal is to beat jabs.

in general, try to get them to block f+4. it's +4 on block and forces them into crouch. that's prime time for df+2 to CH, or even 4. if they respect the frame advantage, you can try a mid/low 50/50.

feng

>is a bitch
>too poor to afford internet cause he's a bitch
>plays bitch made characters
I'd say go to a local, but you'd probably get your ass kicked there for being a bitch anyways

meant for

What exactly do you mean by "frame trapping"?

I know this is a stupid question btw. Tekken 7 is the first fighting game I'm taking seriously.

gimme an HONEST character of FUNDAMENTALS and INTEGRITY

the one that makes you stop asking the same questions over and over again

literally any Mishima but DJ
Jack

You already posted this, but the final answer is Kazuya and Jack.

It's when a frame looks like a girl but is really a boy.

That or when you land something with enough of a frame advantage that they think they can get a hit in, but the advantage lets you beat out their move and hit them with a counter hit instead, assuming they press buttons.

But Law is cool and i do Wing Chun irl

>TFW you find out Yoshimitsu can cancel his db 3,3 into sitting indian stance

oh no problem. frame trapping is how you can create situations where you get counter hits to land. like in the example, f+4 is +4 on block and forces them in crouch state. if they do a WS4, which takes 11 frames to start before the attack part actually happens, and you do df+2 at the same time, which takes 14 frames until the attack comes out, since they are at -4, their WS4 will have to come out in 15 frames, which means they've been frame trapped (counter hit dictated purely by frame data).

hopefully that made sense.

>Josie is still fucking broken
>Miguel and Bob are still unga braindead retards
>Heihachi is still the worst Mishima
>Drag and Bryan are still broken characters with no fix in sight
>no one still doesn't knows what the fuck Lucky Chloe is doing 99% of the time
>online is still trash
>story is trash with cut content
what went wrong

Devil Jin is still more honest then 75% of the cast Tbh.

>You will never be king wrestling waifus into submission
Why even live if cute chicks can't even be wrestled into being submissive sluts to your grappling prowess.

Yes, ewgf works just fine without neutral

>Josie is still fucking broken
EL OH ELMAO

I thought Yellows were supposed to be cool or something, I never got any messages during green, now suddenly people refuse rematches and even call me a cunt for using the same seeable low hit launcher a trillion times.

I-it will get better in Orange r-right?

you do know the nerf for her is coming right? a lot of people know how broken she is, same with Leo and Drag

If you complain about any of these characters you're a shitter, your opinion has no value and you should hit practice mode.

Alisa Bosconovitch
Hwoarang
Ling Xiaoyu
Josie Rizal
Eddy Gordo
Claudio Serafino
Katarina Alves
Kuma
Panda
Leo Kliesen
Shaheen
Bryan Fury
Yoshimitsu
Jin Kazama
Devil Jin
Eliza
Akuma
Feng Wei
Asuka Kazama
Marshall Law
Gigas
Lucky Chloe
Sergeï Dragunov
Tony King

FUCK IT I'M GOING UNGA AS LAW

where do I sign the petition to bring back the character names and ranks to online play

Consider ending your existence :)

>you will never be Bryan punching smug Lili in her face

just leave after the 1st game

Not if you play on PC.

You do know she is not even good right? How bad can you be? And no, I don't main her

Hwoarang
Law
Josie
Lili
Lucky Chloe
Dragunov
Bears
Bad Bryans
Dishonest Alisas
Fixed*

>claudio negro online lags when he starts losing
>wins because of it
I hate this fucking game online, at least T6 and 5 were more fucking consistent

everyone remotely relevant is on pc you blue ranked 17er

King too*

of course I do that but its slowed down my ranking up by like 500%
I normally wouldn't fight someone 3 ranks below me because its a waste of time and you get like no points, but now I fucking have to

>implying laggers weren't a thing in T5 and there after

so if I complain about any of the characters not on the list, it's okay and I'm completely in the right?

Game has been out for years. You didn't crack some code. You are wrong

KBD with sway characters is a joke when using a keyboard.

are you orange or something?

If you play a character in tekken, fuck you

I want Queen Crimson to dominate me!

I want rank and wins back. I've no interest in being a punching bag for some red rank cunt and getting the same amount of points for a juggernaut and a fighter is retarded. That's a full tier difference between the two.

did everyone remember to mentation bad soundtrack?

Is it "alley kicks" or "Ali kicks"?

god fucking damn it why do you have 350 wins as a fucking grandmaster?

can't you go fucking boost somewhere else and ruin like street fighter or some other bad game?

Alley

you don't like Wubstep 7: Trance Retribution, user?

Which one /tekgen/?

I think Rank and connection would be ok, if there where no name, wins, or character.

the one that isn't a slut