2018 camaro

Explain to me why i shouldn't be in love with this car

explain to me why there are multiple chevy dealers near me that don't have a SINGLE manual SS on the lot

that makes me sad

It's a pigfat poor man's Corvette that, at its upper trim levels, nearly costs as much as a Stingray.

80% of the Camaro's on the road are automatic. Boomers and women think manuals are stupid.

At it's upper trim levels it's also keeping up with cars that cost 2x as much.

Looks retarded, is pigfat, cant see out of it, GM trash and the V6 gets its ass wopped by 4 cylinders and 350z's

its heavy, slow, and has poor handling characteristics.
in my opinion your better off getting one of the second gen camaros and building a better car for less that looks better

>Boomers and women think manuals are stupid.
>Boomers
Wrong

>Women
Sorta right?

I have yet to hear some old fogies say manuals are stupid.

There's not a single SS at mine at all aside from a last gen in the used lot.

>I have yet to hear some old fogies say manuals are stupid.
jeremy clarkson

they jacked up the price of the V8 so they could jack up the price of the V6 so they could shoe horn people into the turbo 4cyl. Im personally, boycotting Ford and Chevy and when Dodge comes out with their boosted 4cyl Challenger they can get fucked as well.

I test drove a V6 one. It was cool, interior was pretty nice, visibility was garbage but I suppose you could get used to it.

My biggest complaint was that it was supposed to be quick, which it was, but you hardly feel the speed because of the weight.

It's just absolutely ugly as fuck. I don't give a shit if a professional driver can get it around a track 3 seconds faster than a mustang, I'd still take a GT any day because I look at the car (every day) more often than I race it (never).
The exception is if you take a ZL1 and put a big wing on it, all the aero kinda makes it look like a ricer, but for like $80000 or whatever that costs, you could get a thousand cars that all looked way better.

I'll let you decide based off of my honest opinions and small amount of experience.

>Performance
I'm not going to nitpick here and say "its slow" or "can't turn". Not every car belongs on a track, fags. Its a beast of a machine and definitely delivers on its promise as a muscle/pony car. I mean, compare it to 75% of other cars (in the world) out there, its insane! Obviously, there might be better options depending on other factors, but this car is known to be a good value when wanting to go fast without completely going broke. A used 6th gen can be a very good value, especially with a 6 speed.

>Exterior styling
I mean, this is entirely subjective, but I agree with some of the guys here when they say this thing is pigfat. However, irl this thing looks fast and aggressive at many of the front angles. In the back, its starting to improve with some better lines and quad exhausts. I did not enjoy the 5th gen's headlights, and from some angles, every time I tried to appreciate a Camaro, I was reminded of a fat middle-aged white dude screaming at his TV watching football. But again, this is the 2018 version, and its starting to look a little better than its overdone, chunky, pigfat older version. It's still a stretch for me though. I appreciate something sleek and less chunky, like a s550 Mustang (not a fan of the 2018 refresh though). It took me a while to enjoy the circular "motifs" featured on Porsches, but you get the idea.

>MPG/Fuel Consumption
lol

>Interior styling
Again, this is subjective, but ((hopefully)) grounded in some rationality. Domestics really tend to suck in this area. The Camaro is really not much of an exception. Its getting better, but GM isn't impressing anyone. And, to some extent, I get it. After all, the emphasis here is placed on performance, not luxury. Guess they need to cheap out on high quality leathers and soft touch plastics in order to bring the price of the car down.

(1/2)

cant you order a manual online

>Visibility
This has got to be one of the Camaro's biggest problems. Not even from a safety standpoint. I'm a smaller guy, and its actually pretty annoying. (JAJAJAJA WHAT A MANLET). It also seems to make the car feel smaller. People tend to enjoy cars when they are well made (yeah no shit) and boast large amounts of space where needed. Consider this: would the Miata be respected if the top couldn't come down? The Camaro's overall character (that restricts "openness") and styling paired with poor visibility make it hard to love.

>Practicality/Features
Not bad for the dollar really. It's not lacking in many areas, so theres not much to say here. Good luck with today's infotainment systems though. They are (relatively) slow to the touch response, and im not sure how they will hold up long term. Especially when considering GM and their history with new technologies. (looking at you, Corvette 305 California.)

>Safety
lol

>Reliability
Again, reliability is crazy important to me (t. Lexus RCF/Tacoma), and some people will say these things are bullitt proof. Some will avoid like the plague within reason or not (looking at you, normal asian dad with a 2011 toyota corolla). It's really hit or miss and you can get lost within conflicting opinions and viewpoints. Domestics, (((in general))) aren't exactly (((the best))) when it comes to reliability. Lol, I just stepped on 300 toes. Anyways, working on a car is always rewarding, but I'm not a fan of planned obsolescence, and I plan to run my cars to a million miles (yeah right lol).

I don't know. What do you think?

It killed better cars.

that's one good looking car

It was fantastic. The concept car was made in 2008 for the motor show, featured side exhaust, no B pillar, rear-diffuser, front-splitter and 21-inch centre-lock alloy wheels. LS2 that could run on E85 and 6 speed manual.
Cost $2.5 million to built, GM didn't think it would be feasible for the global market

I will never forgive GM for this.

>interior
my gf has a 2017 cruze and the interior is honestly really pleasant, i give chevy big props for it. Haven't actually been in a Camaro but it can't be worse.

Bad mileage, pigfat, weighs too much, bad handling unless driving in a straight line, low visibility.

Other than that is fine. Friend owns a paid off Camaro and he says he regrets it now.

>get used 1le from last year or so for 1/2 price with a manual
>???
Buying a used car that devalues so fast is dumb

yes but the 2018 looks legitimately better than all other models

mustang has a 10 speed auto vs the cameros 8 speed auto wat do?
Also 8 speed Auto has 5.0+ first gear ratio.

mustang has shit interior

yes but when you open the door a little light shines a mustang logo onto the ground from the underside of the door

that's dope man

It's a great car to fuck your sister in.

i know so fucking gloomy can't believe they haven't fixed it

god its so much uglier than the pre facelift

this would have competed with Cadillac CTS-V, Most of BMW and other luxury sedans.
I.E. would not have been economical in a long term business plan

Again, its okay. Its quite the step up, but not that great.

That's like saying colon cancer is better than lung cancer

It's not the catfish.

My neighbor tore his rotator cuff trying to rest his arm on the window sill.

True story

Because the windows are too fucking big. I feel unsafe just looking at how big they are.

Why the fuck
would they ever think it could not be feasible
it's so perfect.

>My neighbor tore his rotator cuff trying to rest his arm on the window sill.

LOL

poor guy, just wanted to look like the cool dudes in the old days when you can easily rest your arm on the sill

once in awhile i see people who try to do it on modern cars and it always reminds me of those stupid ass bikes with the high handles

Because it's trash. Stop posting that, it triggers knowledgeable petrolheards.

just form your own opinions dumbshit

>80% of the Camaro's on the road are automatic. Boomers and women think manuals are stupid.
Why can't the just make a nice Dual Clutch one?

>V6 gets its ass wopped by 4 cylinders and 350z's
V6 camaro is in the Focus RS/BMW M2 range.

This senpaitachi. I was so impressed with how much Chevy improves the numbers and handling in the new gen but fuck, I just can’t see the Camara as a good looking car. It just doesn’t flow, it’s not sexy. It’s like when a guy goes transgender and becomes a woman, even if you don’t know, your guy just tells you something is off. Keep your distance, don’t touch it, but whatever you do , do not get inside that thing.