/nintyg/ - Nintendo General: More Indie Kamige Edition

This is a general for the discussion of Nintendo consoles and the games released on them.
Previous: Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /mk8g/, /smm/, /ningen/

>Important News
「!」Sonic Mania unveils Competition Mode: gematsu.com/2017/08/sonic-mania-unveils-comp
「!」Nintendo Minute – Metroid: Samus Returns gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=SGVOjAxXSCs
「!」Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle ‘Mario’ character trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=xKY0f7MJasE
「!」Severed launches for Switch today: gematsu.com/2017/08/severed-launches-switch
「!」Graceful Explosion Machine is 30% off on the Switch eShop: nintendoeverything.com/graceful-explosion-machine-is-30-off
「!」Brawlout coming to Switch later this year: nintendoeverything.com/brawlout-coming-to-switch-later
「!」Atelier Liddy and Soeur launches for Switch this winter in Japan: gematsu.com/2017/08/atelier-liddy-soeur-launches-ps4-switch
「!」New 3DS XL 'Samus Edition' launches September 15: gematsu.com/2017/08/new-3ds-xl-samus-edition-launches
「!」Metroid: Samus Returns has a standard hard mode that can be unlocked after beating the game: nintendoeverything.com/metroid-samus-returns-has-a-standard-hard-mode
「!」The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Switch version 1.3.1 update now available: gematsu.com/2017/08/legend-zelda-breath-wild-switch-version-1-3-1

>Upcoming Releases
JP - nintendo.co.jp/schedule/index.html
NA - nintendo.com/games/coming-soon/
PAL - nintendo.co.uk/Games/Upcoming-Games/Upcoming-Games-753286.html

>3DS Model Comparisons
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Charts
Switch - amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/amiibo-igcc-switch1.jpg?w=646
3DS - amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/amiibo-igcc-3ds3.jpg?w=646
Wii U - amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/amiibo-igcc-wiiu4.jpg?w=646

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

traverslnl.tumblr.com/post/111544129691/im-sorri-im-deadmore-its-just-a-bad-dream
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for communism.

No, I even called the ones on that website. The closest one that has a single switch is in a taget two hours away, quite a bit out of the city.

I keep hearing the switch warps from heat in dock mode. Is this true?

I've had mine since launch and never had any problems with anything related to the heat.

I even have an Android TV and a Chromcast for my dumb TV.
Netflix was the justification though.
I took a gamble, made her a profile, bought Puyo Tetris, sat her down with it and after several hours sn agreement was met.
I just don't know when I'll be able to play it myself now.

>myself
How do I get a gf who plays puyo tetris?

FYI she MUST be 6'5" tall minimum, good job with lots of pay, IQ of 160 minimum, must hate anime and memes (due to the high IQ) and must have a high score in a classic Namco arcade game.

i can post koopas too

wouldn't it have to be really fucking hot to do this? like really, really hot?

I'm having a blast with Miitopia.

Any favorite classes so far? Loving Scientist since it's a direct upgrade from a Mage; not liking Thieves since they don't seem to do a whole lot other classes can't do better.

Please do im always happy to expand and share my collection.

>playing bulb boy
>get stuck
>you can control moth dog with the right stick
>this was never explained

goddamn i could have sworn i had more

wait i do

koopanon ever read this
traverslnl.tumblr.com/post/111544129691/im-sorri-im-deadmore-its-just-a-bad-dream

So any really good MK7 players try out the rule set for the Nintendo World Championship? I need to know what I'm up against and if I should even bother competing.

this too
by marimodon (まりもどん)

Is it possible they will release a new version of the switch next year?

people are talking like it's guaranteed

1.5 years after the original release.

the nintendo fx is next.

Oh the home console version of the switch?

yep.

apparently kirby info is supposed to come sometime this month
whenever it does, it couldnt be soon enough

Kirby is bowser

Hey guys, should i get Thumbleseed or Graceful Explosion Machine?

dumb headcannon poster
explain smash bros then

explain mk8 how does peach and baby peach both exist at same time?

They don't since no one plays baby peach sweetie.

>tfw invested in bitcoin
Thank god, that means I can afford to pay for Nintendo's online service.

>bitcoin posters
fuck off with your meme currency already

Ever since I got my Switch, my left joycon top trigger has had a nice sharp click, and my right joycon top trigger has a dull click and feels somewhat mushy.
Should I call Nintendo?

limited edition switch
when

>Super Mario 3D Land
>Kid Icarus Uprising
>Link Between Worlds
>Triple Deluxe
>Kingdom Hearts
>Resident Evil
>Animal Crossing
>Dream Team
>Bravely Default
>Tomodachi Life
>Theatrhythm
>Awakening
>Luigis Mansion
>Rhythm Thief
>Style Savvy
>Monster Hunter 3 and 4
>Guild01 and Guild 02
>The n64 remakes
>All those cool first party downloadable sized titles like Pushmo, Sakura Samurai, Harmoknight, Dillons Rolling Western, and Kersploosh
>More I'm forgetting about because I mostly just pulled from my memory and the top results on google
What the FUCK happened to the 3DS? Shortly after the New models came out everything fell to shit. 2015 and 2016 were easily the 3DS worst years. And 2017 has picked up but is 90% JRPGs. And pretty much all of Nintendo's stuff after 2014 was just retooling previous used 3DS engines for sequels and spinoffs. In the small downloadable department we went from some kinda neat experimental stuff from Nintendo to fucking Boxboy.

How are more fucking people not bothered that this thing has become a Dragon Quest, Etrian Odyssey, and SMT/Persona machine?

its already out. the switch wont sell more units than wiiu and nintendo will rip

the switch replaced the 3ds
the 3ds was a gimmick to extend the superior DS lifespan.
the DS replaced the GBA, which was pgood as well
the GBA replaced the GBC, which was a gimmick to extend te supperior GB lifepan
nintendo was a ripoff of atari

and whats wrong with those? they're good games with a ton of replayability

and while i marginally agree with most of the titles on the 3ds being either small, dated, or both, they all are pretty much classics to the system that are worth replaying, and thats to say nothing of their dlc

Nothings wrong with the games I posted until they're the only fucking things the system has on it.

Variety is necessary for a good gaming platform.

If you genuinely believe that's what Nintendo is doing I have no idea why you'd also think they're a company worth supporting.

the system does have a lot of variety with the games it has, but thats needless to say

maybe the 3ds has just fallen out of the spotlight for the moment; the switch was only released a few months ago, and its game library is undergoing incredibly huge developments
everybody's focused on the switch, leaving the 3ds in the dust. all we can do is that the equilibrium will be reestablished later on

>the system does have a lot of variety with the games it has,
No it doesn't. The 3DS has been almost entirely 6-7/10 JRPGs with the odd Nintendo game (A sad reflection of their previous release rate on the handheld) since the N3DS came out. The worthwhile library of the 3DS is massively frontloaded into it's early years.

>maybe the 3ds has just fallen out of the spotlight for the moment; the switch was only released a few months ago
And yet somehow this is the closest thing the 3DS has had to a good year in a while.
>all we can do is that the equilibrium will be reestablished later on
>He actually believes Nintendo when they say the Switch won't replace the 3DS
Holy hell dude.

The switch is a region free handheld that replaced the 3ds.

mario 3d land, the pokemon games, kirby and zelda are all good titles that are worth replaying despite them being released relatively early

and i do not see the switch replacing the 3ds, at least not soon. elsewise games like metroid and the new kirby game wouldnt be in development for it

>the [early] pokemon games
>worth replaying
Hell no.

>elsewise games like metroid and the new kirby game wouldnt be in development for it
Is this your first time seeing a new console generation?

yes, they are
head to if you want to argue

and arguably, yes
its the first time ive been this connected to the internet during a passing of a console generation
what of it

This. You people are more pathetic than anime Visual Novel players.

I don't have time to play all those games.

Actually the wii U is a replacement for then 3DS since when you hold the game pad with your hands it is being held. Thus Hand-Held, as in to hold with hands.

Other than that, it has a pretty good library and the only people complaining are pirates that can't find any hidden gems to steal.

>head to another place if you want discussion, this is my echo chamber
No it's not.
>what of it
Handhelds usually keep getting games after the new one is released, DS was released in 2004 but the GBA kept getting games until 2006 (they also said the DS didn't replace the GBA), and the DS kept getting games until 2012 (a Pokémon game actually) when the 3DS was released in 2011.

user I have a big backlog that rarely includes 3DS games anymore. I'm not replaying games just for the shit of it. There's a handful of games I come back to my 3DS to play and I already know them.

They're bad games user. 6th gen Pokemon games are just a minimalist framework to facilitate online play instead of an actual game.

>the 3ds was a gimmick to extend the superior DS lifespan.
That was the DSi, not the 3DS.

It goes like this:
GB (SGB/GBC) -> GBA (SP/Micro) -> DS (Lite/i/i XL) -> 3DS (XL/2DS/New/NewXL/New2DSXL) -> Switch

The wiiu was not a handheld, but a controller tethers to a console.

The switch is a tablet.

>I don't have time to play all those games.
user the 3ds has been out for 6 years. I listed 16 games. You'd have to beat slightly more than 2 games a year and some of the games are short.

I have 41 retail games for the 3DS. And I've added maybe like 5 games to that list since 2015.

im saying /vp/ is the place to discuss those points at length, and im not planning to argue them in either location for that matter

if you're not playing your 3ds, then what are you playing?

Your moms ds. She got a supercard ds2 and ez3in1. She's the coolest chicks pussy you've been in, user.

i know, right

I just beat Pyre and Sleeping Dogs Recently on PC.
I'm currently playing DOOM 2016, Yooka Laylee, GTA San Andreas, emulating Kingdom Hears 1, and playing Gigantic on and off as a multiplayer game until it dies.
I just beat Flower and Gravity Rush on Vita.
I'm playing Soul Sacrifice Delta, Rachet and Clank, and Odins Sphere,
I've been playing BOTW master mode and the other DLC stuff on my normal save, Hyrule Warriors, and #TMS and Smash 4 on my WiiU.

Blowout blast is the first new thing I've gotten for 3DS in ages and it's just alright. At best. All my 3DS time goes into the Sega 3D classics other than that.

>ratchet and clank
which one?

A lot of the games you listed are garbage or inferior to previous entries in the series. The 3DS deserves this slow death.

First one. I'm loving it.

The game lulled me into a false sense of security that it was gonna be easy and then the flooding segment that's right before you meet Qwark happened.
>My fucking face when

just wait until oltanis, that planets gonna fuck you sideways

got the original 3 both in disk and the trilogy and i can tell you the series only gets better as it goes on
but as a word of advice, dont buy the gadgetron weapons in 2 unless you got them in 1
they got nerfed so hard they're not worth shit. only get them if they're discounted, if not free

The weapons seeming overpowered is actually one of my only complaints with 1 so it sounds like I'm in for a good time with the trilogy

oh wait you said rilgar's flooding area? i thought you meant the fight with quark later on
but fuck that had me stuck for years as a kid (especially one that was scared of drowning thanks to sonic)
i actually got the ryno before i left rilgar because i replayed earlier levels so many times
i traded it away though so i could have my cousins save that was up to the second-to-last level, iirc
and as for the weapons they sadly only get more overpowered, but in an incredibly fun and cathartic way

which level are you on now

I just went through the level with the military men after your spoiler

you talking about the storm city or the robot plant

Yeah the storm city. Turned on my Vita to check its named Batalia

ah
thought you meant oltanis
batalias a bitch as well, especially the tanks
the next few levels (poison, lava, resort, winter) are some of the most annoying in the game, mainly because you need to fly between planets to get items to progress in others

but after that the plot and difficulty start ramping up like you never knew

I've been too busy watching TV show seasons and playing wii u & BotW and other 3DS games.

What TV shows are Gor approved?

The Path
Fargo
Battlestar Galactica
Fear the Walking Dead
The Strain
It's Always Sunny
Mr. Selfridge
Shadow Line

Almost forgot

Rick and Morty
Game of Thrones
Supergirl
Dear White People
Bill Nye Saves the World

I've only just started but I like the Thief for attacking all opponents at once with its regular attack.

hi

fuck me bby

jap bump

BOI

nigger bump

Is sci really just a better mage? Maybe i should switch to it, then.

The path was so bad. Nothing happens.
Fear the walking dead is terrible acting and plot.
Bill bye saves the world was cringe worthy.

Rick and morty, Always sunny and the strain are approved.

Did anyone play Ever Oasis? This game is charming and cute but it feels really slow to play. It makes the desert seem bigger but I wish you walked faster and weren't so sluggish in combat. But I can't stop playing because it's adorable.

>Bill Nye Saves the World
naisu

I never finished it

BABT NO!

Ever oasis is shit

most stores have 3+ switches still in stock around me. According to managers nintendo gave 15 switches to each state and couldn't even sell inventory everywhere. That means less than 1000 switches have been sold retail.

The rest on eBay are just Nintendo selling them direct to profit from the situation

I am a manager of rite aide. I can confirm.

What switch games do you own?

What wiiu games did you own?

fake question. Switch games are sold out and everyone pirated WiiJew.

Ive never pirated anything you fucking kid

If Switch games are sold out, it's because people bought them, which means they own them.

I'm a squid

Thank you. It's because of people like you that I feel justified for pirating games! Please, feel free to buy two or more copies of the same game, too!

or nintendo never printed any

I can't wait till switch piracy

you are the reason nintendo sucks

That is silly.

nintendo sucks because they rather sell controllers and amiibos than games, but 3rd parties refuse to write nintendo games because their hardware blows nuts.

That is silly.

nintendo is sucking because they appeal to babies, and millennials arent havig any.

MHXX Switch demo is out on the JP eShop.

Can't I already play the full game on the 3ds?

post mii qr codes

Breath of the Wild for Switch, enough that I don't feel like listing all of them off for Wii U.

My pokemon fire red arrived today and it's REAL! I'm so happy.

>tfw bought a new 3DS xl

How do I get screenshots from the switch?
Every guide says I can just transfer it to the SDCard and read it on the computer, but windows doesn't recognize the SDcard once the switch formatted it.

Am I missing a vital step? The images are already copied to the SDcard, it's just reading them out on windows is a problem.