How much does safety matter to you?

How much does safety matter to you?

A little. If a car outright fails a safety test, I won't consider buying it. I've been in a violent wreck before but I'm not autistic about it.

>tfw ride a motorcycle
if I like a car I don't care how safe it is

Literally none. I drive a miata with no seatbelts.

I want an 80s jap shitbox, but the way they tear apart like tissues against stacie's SUV gives me pause

I ride a motorcycle too though so that's probably just as bad

I drive with a knife attached to the steering wheel.

I can do you one better:
I have a recalled Takata airbag that I haven't replaced. I can't wait for it to claymore right into my face.

Not really comfy driving anything with a short bonnet or 90s Jap metal since they fold like a tin can.

I'm happy in anything made in the last 10-20 odd years

The best safety is to keep your eyes on the road, both hands on the wheel and have some experience with oversteer, understeer, and hard braking without locking up the wheels. Modern driving aids do a lot of that for normies and nogs though.
Actually though Modern cars are literally made for normies to drive directly into solid stationary objects at a high rate of speed. Modern cars are made for average suckasses.

I've been in some gnarly wrecks (none my fault - a rollover while my friend was driving and I got tboned once) but none gnarly enough for airbags to pop. Those things are scarier than a crash honestly, I've seen some deployment tests and they're loud as shit.

i'd like some peace of mind knowing that i would survive getting knocked over by some idiot in their landbarge SUV, but I don't want to be driving lardass contemporary vehicles

so I guess 90s level of safety in cars is a good compromise.

Fuck all desu

not much. Don't drive like an idiot or fuck around intersections for too long and you're guaranteed not to get in an accident

I prefer to have a front airbag, but handling and fuel efficiency are both more important to me than how fast I can drive directly into a brick wall.

The less safe it is the better, I rarely have any passengers and I couldn't care fuckall about surviving a crash.

Zero. I have constant awareness of the road and have not even been close to an accident

>Driving
>Safe

Pick one, if you're scared of dying cars aren't your thing.

Safety is very important to me; it's why I don't drive like a goof

If i cared about my safety i wouldn't let myself drive.

A lot. I’m a huge safety freak when it comes to guns, workshops, fumes, and stuff like soldering and climbing ladders.

So, I bought a 1987 Plymouth Horizon. Whoops.
It actually has a seatbelt warning buzzer, which surprised me.

I ride motorcycles so car safety isn't a huge deal to me