If you had the time and the money why wouldnt you compete in amature racing events. You would have no excuse not to

If you had the time and the money why wouldnt you compete in amature racing events. You would have no excuse not to.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RJ2UKrPwcpE
youtu.be/us1qT_bapCk
youtu.be/j9_0zJsdlck
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Racing is something I couldn't give any fucks less about.

Yeah, I already go gokarting once in a while with friends. If I had the resources I would definitely trash a shitbox.

I would if I didn't need $10k in safety bullshit to race my $2000 shitbox.

A few $200 cars, some land and some liquor is a lot more fun.

Why do you like cars?

How much money do I need to spend to turn a 1998 Subaru legacy GT into an amateur rally car?

>A few $200 cars, some land and some liquor is a lot more fun.

This user knows where it's at. It's even more fun on the track. It's even more fun when boats are involved.

If I had the time and money to put together a amateur racing career I'd rather spend that money building cars for street use.

Did you read the first sentence of the thread?

Uhh yeah. That's why I said if I had the time and money as specified in op I'd rather build street cars than go racing.

>I'd rather spend that money building cars for street use

If you had the money you could have street cars and race cars and just pay a shop to build and maintain them all for you.

But I have no interest in racing.

I do, though

Patrician.

it's the only way to race
youtu.be/RJ2UKrPwcpE
same team penis caddy as previous pic

This has gotta be in Maine

Wish we had that around here, closest I can get is a frozen dirt track. Nothing beats destroying $200 shitters though.

youtu.be/us1qT_bapCk

Nah, WNY. I've finished 2nd in the last 2 boat/trailer races I've ran.
Hoping for a 1st place finish this year.

that looks fun as fuck man, wish we had a dirt oval round here

Did it. Too expensive and no payoff. Motorcycle racing is much more fun IMO. But racing in general is a time/money suck that just gets repetitive after a while. If someone else was footing the bill, then that would be great.

Well yeah, no shit.

Because I don't have the time and money

I personally like the paved oval more. Nothing beats racing against 100+ shitboxes for 100 laps.
Most of the time I pop the RF or get into a wreck, but I've managed a 5th place finish.
Anyone looking into getting into entry level racing, grab a $200 shitter off CL, bust out the glass, remove the lights and have fun. Enduro racing is as cheap and fun as it gets.

youtu.be/j9_0zJsdlck

yeah but i'd probably spend money making a working 222D replica, and a dozen other modified AW11s before I did that

ghetto nascar is now on my bucket list

You wouldn't think it'd be as fun as it is, but it is.
>old quad 4 Grand Am that burned more oil than gas
Was surprising quick, I actually liked this car.

any regulations on what you can enter? do they run classes? that seriously looks like the funnest shit ever and I'd love to find a beat up 3.8l f-body and gut it. those things are pretty quick

i raced sprintcars, 410 and 358 in central pa for over 20 yrs...better than sex at times..still gives me chills and have not driven in 10 yrs

The dirt track I run at is separated into 4/6/8 cyl fwd or rwd, the main enduro's I run on pavement are 4+6 cyl fwd.
Rules are simple, bone stock shitboxes, pull the glass, lights and interior. Add a seat bar and drivers door bar. That's it.
Boat + Trailer races are anything 2wd under a 3/4 ton. I have a 89 3.8 turdbird to run this year aswell, curious as how it will do.
I also like to run the flag pole races and demo's.
I've raced everything from a 405k mile 84 Topaz to the 95 SHO Taurus I still run.
It's all just fun man.

how does the SHO hold up against everyone else? a SHO only class would be funny as fuck

Got fifth in a enduro (30 cars, started 17th) and 2nd in a boat trailer race with it.
It's a 250k mile 3.2 auto sadly, but for a couple hundred bucks I couldn't pass it up. It's quick on the straights, but awful in the corners.

Not in Australia, police can come into your private property and stop you for a breath test and you can get done for DUI

Wtf is that commie shit? Its your own property and youre not on the road harming anyone

Is this some kind of joke? Any given weekend in the summer my buds and I are shitfaced racing shitboxes around in the woods.

I don't have the time and money.