why do WRX's get so much hate?
its an absolute 4-bnager with 4WD
now throw a turbo into the mix and hot damn
whats not to love?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=77ugrJJxyx8
youtu.be/dXg6JPwTMtE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The STi is the only one worth a shit and it's super expensive. Interior is pretty shitty. And they aren't the most reliable. That being said, I like them fine.

The owners. Also it's stagnated since 2nd generation.

>Why don't you just get pic related user?

GC, hawkeye and the hatch are the only good ones

True to its mission statement, it even shits head gaskets faster than an STi.

I wouldn't say I hate them, I just don't particularly like them and wouldn't own one myself. I respect them for what they are though, they don't deserve SO much hate.
That being said,
STi>wrx>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ferd RS ()

Fords are boring.

Suburu Colin McRae was much cooler than Ford Colin McRae

Who in there right might is hating on the WRX?
Whether or not it's your cup of tea no can deny the success it's had.

Despite owning one I don't disagree about a lot of the owners. The stagnation thing is kinda wrong though they just haven't improved the power output much. Given what the car was originally intended for this is more like a preservation of purpose than a failure to innovate. You just straight up can't use all that much more power than a stock WRX has when driving on a loose surface (unless you've got a co-driver with pace notes) and the work they've done on the chassis / suspension is noticeable.

reasons to hate the WRX

>the fanbase
>lol boxer engine unreliability
>always fugly as hell
>obnoxious stock exahust brap shit
>the fanbase

Wouldnt any car with a 4 cylinders be an “absolute 4 banger” ?

>all these memes

at least when the head gasket goes its just the one and its much easier to get at then the 2 headgaskets in a subaru

>why do WRX's get so much hate?

The worst sounding 4 cylinder in existence.
It hasn't made any decent advancements in over a decade.
The fanbase.

*best

because memes you dumb fuckj

>The fanbase
Honestly this is the car's only issue, it's really cancerous. Personally I choose not to put other's opinions in the way of my own happiness though.

>Boxer engine reliability
They're plenty reliable. They become unreliable when they get parts thrown on by dumb shits like a MBC to get easy power the wrong way.

>Fugly as hell
Objective. A lot of people love the way they look, it seems like more people like them than dislike though.

>Obnoxious stock exhaust
Have you ever heard a stock WRX because it's fucking quiet. Like Civic and Camry level quiet. People just slap cheap fart cans on the car which yeah, makes the exhaust sound like shit like fart cans do. But that's not a stock exhaust.

You realize the only reason it sounds like that is because of the unequal headers? Buy a set of equal length headers and it sounds almost exactly like every other turbo 4 cyl.
But yeah, the STI was the fastest it's ever been in the Hawkeye. It's only gotten slower. The new WRX engine is the only major improvement we've seen in over 15 years.

because they cost 60k here in canada while the wrx is 32k ish

>the fanbase
I think we can all disregard this point -hating something because people you don't like like it is extremely immature.
>lol boxer engine unreliability
I've heard SOHC models tend to leak oil and develop headgasket issues but I am unaware of any reputation for unreliability from the WRX.
>always fugly as hell
Well that's your opinion.
>obnoxious stock exahust brap shit
That's one point I may agree with you, not a fan of the choppy unequal length header sound.
>the fanbase
The fact you felt the need to put this in twice only further highlights your immaturity.

No shit you can change it but stock it's the worst sounding ever.

>my opinion matters

I...I like it. A little more snarly than a normal 4 cylinder.

This entire thread is about opinions, op literally says.

A lot of people don't like their car sounding like a misfiring inline 4.

>1. the fanbase
>2. reliability is garbage, doesn't matter if it's an ej20, ej25, fa20. just google that shit, and you'll turn up fun facts like the class action lawsuits against subaru and thread after thread about blown motors.
>3. even if you somehow manage to not blow the engine up, upgrades cost much more than they would for comparable cars.

pic is very much related, typical wrx owner

>memes memes and more memes

You literally can't even fucking hear a stock WRX with how quiet the exhaust is.

thats literally every 4 cylinder ever

I don't know why you think reliability is garbage. You obviously have no experience with Subaru engines. There are class action lawsuits against almost every manufacturer for almost every engine because people are stupid and greedy.
Upgrades are really fucking cheap. A front strut tower bar is $30 off of eBay. That's literally Civic tier mod cost. With such a large fanbase upgrades are some of the cheapest on the market.

But yeah the fanbase is miserable just like any other hugely popular tuner car like the Supra and R34. It's always because it's a good car that normies get behind like crazy because of the media. The only difference is a WRX is actually in the price range of these idiotic teens so they buy them up in droves.

You can hear it from the outside, which is what matters. And you just know the owner will stick some obnoxious loud shitty exhaust on it anyway.

Salty subie owner detected

HEADGASKETS

Strut bar =/= engine upgrades

>put on shitty engine upgrades
>tun the fuck out of an engine
>wonder why subaru voided your warranty
>wonder why your engine blew

Oh you mean marketing to vape lord desk jockies?

I was thinking more along the lines of the WRC titles and how well it has competed in the best motoring races I've seen but year sure - continue hating on good things because it makes you feel like a special snowflake to do so.

Ok so you're talking about have millions of dollars backing a race team to run two maybe two cars per year vs Joe blow wanting a car that he can build at home.

I wish I didn't, it would be comfy as fuck to go back to the days where I thought they were hot shit. Fact of the matter is though I have seen more than my fair share of stock level WRX's and other subarus come back with blown engines. The likelihood of that happening only increases exponentially for cars that have been modded, due to poor mods, poor tuning, but also a shitty platform.

>at least when it completely shits itself it's easier to fix

>AND how well it has competed in the best motoring races I've seen

Do you have selective reading disorder or are you just stupid?

No but I'm pointing out the fact that subie has money to waste on building a motor vs the guy who wants to weekend rally race and still have a running motor.

I've seen subie guys eat two or motors at race events.

if we're talking about two unreliable vehicles the one that is easier to put back together is obviously superior

>I've seen subie guys eat two or motors at race events.
so does everyone else

And yet they never seem to have a problem on Best Motoring.....

youtube.com/watch?v=77ugrJJxyx8

I'd have one but it would need a less cringy body kit and any colour other than blue

Boxer rumble is great.. if you like your car sounding like every other shitty 4banger sure hate it.

>head gaskets
>overheating diff
>appallingly stiff ride
>ridiculous dealer markup

why not get a car built from the ground up to be performance-oriented instead of one retro-fitted to an econobox platform?

An upgraded y-pipe is $50
An upgraded turbo inlet is $40
A downpipe is like $150
An uppipe is around $50
Injectors are around $150
A Walbro is $50
TGV Deletes are a couple hundred
Aftermarket exhausts are dirt cheap

And if you meant engine internals like pistons and rods, they're about the same price if not a little cheaper than most other engines.

Because cars are utilities, I simply can't find cars fun. I can filter with a motorcycle, blow over mediums and obstructions with a dual sport, have the 0-60 of a Lamborghini with an R1 or almost any other liter..

Oh, but for taking my dogs to the park or grocery shopping, yeah, a wrx is probably okay I guess, but offers nothing over a corolla for me.

fpbp

We are making memes itt not legitimate arguments, please leave

The 30 year old design
The little nigger fuckers who drive them

the engine is objectively shit.
they're owned by 17 year old boy racers and vape lords.
the tranny is glass.
anything past 2nd gen looks atrocious

2015 runs a twin scroll turbo, a Garrett MGT2259S. This means, among other things, equal length headers. the fa20 sounds kinda throaty, but mostly boring. i have the N1 on mine and its even kind of quiet, but it has a good tone to it. not too much popping or anything ridiculous. overall it does sound good for a 4cyl. head gaskets only fail on NA SOHC boxers, like in the older outbacks. i don't take offense to the owners thing, but there are plenty of shit honda owners, and lexus owners, and especially 350z guys, mustang guys, "my demon hellcat demon dodge demon runs out of fuel every 22 minutes and can whoop your dads ass" guys, i mean. its all relative. fwiw i'm a construction worker, try to be as humble as possible, and don't vape at all. I just like the car and have always liked the car, for better or for worse. i love the Veeky Forums wrx hate threads though. ya'll get so butthurt over a car, its insane

What? My lesbo friend got a brand new WRX last week.

kek

>Imagine being this pigfat
>Imagine being this slow
>Imagine being this unreliable
>Imagine doing all of this decades after the competition perfected it

Top fucking kek

>pigfat

Any car over 3k pounds is pigfat no matter how much power it makes, I don't care if you disagree, it's the truth.

I guess it's a good thing the WRX is under 3k pounds then isn't it?

>3451 lb

THICCCCCCC

Although I will concede that in burgerland that's probably light weight.

>calls it pigfat
>literally posts a car that weighs the same as a WRX but has a shittier gearbox, less power, and next to no aftermarket but calls it "perfected" despite being a failed rally homologation attempt that only sold for 2 years

sweety there's a reason they still make wrxs 25 years later

Because fags need cars to?

no, because the free market decided your special snowflake car was a FUCKING FAILURE like everything else mazda builds that isn't a miata and maybe the rx7

>weighs the same
wrong
>shittier gearbox
wrong
>less power
wrong

Great post, thanks for contributing.

>Being so insecure about your car you feel the need to lie
For what purpose user? The GTR Familia weighed less, produced more power and had a vastly better gearbox than the first WRX.

>weighs the same
>1210kg for Familia GTR
>1200kg for 1992 WRX

>shittier gearbox
>has no experience with b-series mazdas

>less power
>210hp vs 240hp in WRX

why are you such a failure like your car? you can't even benchrace what the fuck are you doing on Veeky Forums Veeky Forums?

>240hp
LOL

>Lies intesify

Out of all the East-west AWD rally based cars that predate the WRX you chose to compare it to the Mazda familiar?

Miata fags, as usual, are completely delusional.

What a moron.

>car kept getting fatter year after year
>engine stayed the same

If Subaru were serious they'd have released a 400hp turbo H6 STi.

fucking this so hard

go watch tschuyia drive the s204 and then the s207 on the same course and compare them, its tragic to see the new one take on a touge. they are so fucking pigfat the point where its completely outgrown a 4 banger. its not like the car has to compete in the WRC and has gotten so expensive anyone buying them in countries with displacement limits can afford the expense of a 3+ liter STI.

i was looking at ez30 h6 swapped STIs and they are absolute monsters, taking down GTRs. the motor weighs about the same so its not going to make it understeer much worse than it already does.

if you like the flat motors at all you have to resign yourself to a GC or GD. anything after that is just absolute fucking ass and not worthy of the headaches associated with the boxer motor

why? what the fuck are you going to do with a 400hp flat 6? god damn living proof that you're 12 years old. NO ONE would buy that mother fucker. You're inventing a car for the purpose of arguing on the internet.

> "Kuroba GT rallye"
>Rota wheels
>flat 6
>30 front 70 rear AWD split
>1800lbs
>midship
>livery options from factory
>COOL 80S STEREO
>YEAH THAT WOULD TANK THE WRX LIKE, YESTERDAY

do you have any idea how stupid you sound to any person who thinks freely outside of the meta of this board? get help dude, honestly

Not really related to the conversation but just thought I'd share, in Australia WRXs are seen a lot differently to America. American WRX owners are all vape nation faggots, etc etc.
In Australia, WRXs, especially when they first came out, were used a lot for ram raids, drug dealers, criminals etc loved them. They were the most desirable car on Aussie streets at the time (GC8) to criminals.
Cops targeted them heaps due to this and even do today, if you drive a rexy you're sure to get pulled over with the reputation they possess, especially STIs.
Funnily enough police actually used WRX GC8s back in the day as they couldn't keep up with criminals in their rexies with their stock Commodores.
Nowadays WRXs are still used for ram raids, drive bys, etc etc. All stolen then burnt out when finished.
Just thought I'd share, it's 1:30 and I'm bored out of my mind.

Even if you win the special olympics you still lose, moron

That's why I love living in Europe. Where Subarus are known only for their rally success and anybody that likes cars has positive opinion on them or at least respect.

Honestly that sounds like an awesome car. 10/10 would buy and drive.
But of course it wouldn't outsell the WRX or have ever beaten it out. The WRX was successful because it was quick, modable, and most importantly affordable.

There are two types of Subaru owners. One is serious and one is a vapeboi.
You can honestky avoid the Subaru vape stigma in America by showing that you're serious about your car and know what you're doing.
A WRX or STI with proper fitment on no larger than 18" wheels, good tires, an exhaust that isn't a fart can, and no obnoxious blow off valve with tasteful exterior modifications will get a lot of respect from car builders and tuners around.
It's all the slammed, tinted out, cambergang, roof rack, yellow fogs, hella horns, loud blow offs, fart caned Subarus that get and really deserve all the hate.

Perfect example of a clean STI that would make you worried if it pulled up next to you. Those might be 19" wheels but they aren't trying to steal attention.

ew

>Hurr durr I hate the Subaru fanbase
Bunch of insecure betas ITT

subiecucks deserve all the hate they're getting these days. This is years of pent up disdain for an increasingly smug fanbase of self-anointed "car guys" that have never had the pleasure of getting shit upon regularly until the last few years

the mustang gt cost the same and can do real drifts

>super expensive
Lol, name another car with non-haldex AWD, a bulletproof 6 speed manual with a driver controlled center diff, and at least 300 horsepower for $36k or less.

It's only two spergs on this board that hate Subarus, you're one of em

>muh fanbase huur
Who gives a fuck? Go play your chinkshit visual novels or something you fucking faggots
Who gives a single shit about the fanbase of a car you poser twats

>t. diesel cuckbox owner

At 3600lbs I'd rather have another 1000lbs and a 400hp truck. "300hp" and 3600lbs is basically a minivan power to weight ratio.

>stretched tires
>mexiflush
No

It's 3200 pounds, that's light for an AWD sedan

Minivan power to weight is still faster than a BRZ

Nice meme

i prefer evos

The WRX is lighter than the STI

Lets say 3500 with all the vape equipment and extra coolant you'll need. Even then that's not far from your average awd V6 sedan. Then you got the fact that you can't even launch at full power in a subie without grenading the drivetrain. I don't really get the point of them.

They were good back in the 2800lb days but nowadays they get beat by korean luxury sedans.

Because everyone on Veeky Forums is an expert on every car they've never driven so they'll just spew memes and nonsense and issues from 10 years ago as representative of today's WRX

>Then you got the fact that you can't even launch at full power in a subie without grenading the drivetrain.
case and point, memes and shit

>Let's say 3500
Let's not make up bullshit and admit when wrong, more memes with the "unreliable drivetrain" learn how to properly launch cars

You're thinking of the 5 speed in older WRXs. The STi 6 speed is all but indestructible. Also, 99% of v6 sedans are transverse fwd biased awd and auto only. Not the same.
youtu.be/dXg6JPwTMtE

you are fucking retarded

Does anyone else think the new wrx looks shit? Not a Subaru fan, but the bug eyed ones look 100% better imo