/simg/ Simulation Games General

Stop bullying games other than dcs edition

Previous attempt at a thread: >DCS: Do not buy mirage and newer modules from steam, because you can't use them in stand-alone.TeamSpeak
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/SimulationGamesGeneral

>BMS U3 Setup and stuff
mega.nz/#F!vxd2ia5Z!Dis_Nz7NlgzXqscADeUDew

>Repository of various aviation related material
mega.nz/#F!vxd2ia5Z!Dis_Nz7NlgzXqscADeUDew

>Planes pastebin
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tanks pastebin
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat/Submarine pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Link to this OP text
pastebin.com/dCNrq5CU

>Example of welcome games
>Flight Sims
Falcon BMS, DCS: World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum
>Driving Games
Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, Euro Truck Sim, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, DiRT Rally, OMSI 2
>Ground Sims
SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Graviteam Tactics, Squad
>Submarine Sims
Silent Hunter, Ship Simulator, Cold Waters, Dangerous Waters
>Misc Sims
Command: X, Swat 4

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór

>Extra attention grabbing search terms
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/ /cwg/

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3216862&postcount=31
tawdcs.org/radar-f15/
youtube.com/watch?v=n3Mb-IHR2dw
youtube.com/watch?v=UPbkMIg3RvU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for gun kills

2nd for biggest niggest

i love you /simg/uys

Same, I just hope there was a way to stop an extinction

me 2

How is the Accu-Sim expansion for FSX?

the undisputed best mig of all time.

At the same time, "Xerex 31" was returning from the aerial tanker and had been monitoring the air battle. Pilots Lt. Col. Randy Bigum and 1st Lt. Lynn Broome decided to direct their F-15s in an attempt to intercept the two MiG-25s. Unfortunately, a high altitude crosswind forced them over Baghdad, which was the most heavily defended airspace in Iraq and the two were subsequently locked onto by Iraqi gunners. Bigum would later admit he didn't notice the drift because he and his wing-man were determined to score a MiG kill.[3] Despite this, they still managed to lock up as-Sammarai and Awad and each loosed a missile at them, both of which missed. Trying again, Bigum fired an AIM-7 missile at Awad, but Awad managed to land his aircraft before the missile arrived. Bigum fired on last AIM-7 at as-Sammarai as he was on final approach, but lost the radar lock on his aircraft as he landed. The missile impacted the ground about ten feet from as-Sammarai's left wingtip. Bigum and Broome bugged out of the area before they were shot down by SAMs which still had them locked up.

ded already

nigger

based niggerposter

>we get a thread to bump limit
m-maybe not d-dead?????

>real attack helicopter never

pls no archiveirino

Eh the Apache has a pretty good chance of the next big module ED spends 3 years+ on. It's already highly requested, plus it'd be great for showing off multicrew and VR with the monocle.

Two questions
Does the AI in DCS have infinite ammo depending on the mission?
And
If I don't have a plane which can counter helmet-mounted tracking missiles (R-73), what is the correct way to fight something like say, the Mig-29? Let's say I'm using something like the M2000 or the Mig-21. Are hit-and-run tactics the best way?

Also this was a quick mission.

Does the guy that voices the A2A videos seem a bit obnoxious? or is it just me.

>git gud
>???
>profit?

No AI don't have infinite ammo.

Hit and run doesn't work against missiles.

>hit-and-run tactics
zoom and boom

bro' bump

First for the Great Comrade Kim.
Viva DPRK!

comies r gey lik u ioi

>we could've gotten a Super Crusader instead of the shit-ass Phantom II
This is fucking gay. What are other test aircraft that deserved better?

gonna be fun to watch this dumb fat piece of shit get vaporized

Guess who's gonna get vaporized next, once this happens.

niggas out here dodging sa3s n shit

This general simulate despair very well

Not an answer, but thanks for the reply.
Okay, so what do I do when flying an aircraft that doesn't have the niceties of their aircraft?

Like say I have the M2000. I don't have things like dogfight missiles, but I do have Super 530's and Magic 2's, which are both really good; just not dogfight missiles. Is the option just not to get into turning wars with them?

You can slave the Magic's head to whatever you got locked in dogfight which kind of works, But most of the time you can hope to be first look first shoot and use D2M to check if he sends something your way.

>2.1 update patch notes say that MiG-29 cockpit illumination is fixed

No fucking way.

because Scott and his crew think their airplanes are the best that have ever been simulated
that's often true
somebody should make a mod for, "i've made this same callout every week for the last 5 years, and I've been awake for 12 hours today" voices.

ED IS ABSOLUTE MADMANS

It could mean anything, but I'm hoping that pressing L doesn't turn on the instruments and floodlight at the same time. The floodlights are the issue. They are super bright irl, but you never fly with them on.

It's like having all the lights on in your car at night. Your never do that.

Patch notes also say that windshield and sight glass corrected. Doesn't say for what planes though. Maybe they saw my mod that about 100 people have downloaded and fixed the migs HUD.

I don't have 2.1 so when that shit comes out ima but someone here to check this shit.

Space is fun
Kerbal is fun
Squad is fun

>squad
>fun

Squad is the developer of Kerbal Space Program, of course they're fun

ded

well what is it?

An A-10 prototype

2.1 update is live apparently? Can one of you neets test some shit for me please.

1: fly the Su-27 at 1000 meters and accelerate to just over 1060km/h. Please see if you run out of nose down trim authority. You should have your nose climb even after trimming all the way forward.

2: get in the MiG-29 and press L. Do the floodlights still turn on? Is it just instrument lighting? Check if the HUD darkness/reflection shit has been fixed.

What a tiny ass

forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3216862&postcount=31

Looks like it's time to unsheathe mirage again.

>new external model
mmhhhhh

Post nudes of mirage plz
I'm curious

Please respond

webm bump

reported

that man writing things down?

spit's dm is a joke currently, it's more durable than a yak 1

dunno about the fm

Now just what in the fuck is going on here?
Why does is this MiG-29 pink?
Why can you see through the airplane using mirrors?

HUD glass looks sorta clear though?

I NEED PICTURES

PICTURES OF THE NEW MIRAGE

tawdcs.org/radar-f15/
neato

that's a-10 idiot

Hi guys.

I finally finished my VR Racing Sim Setup. If anybody remembers me, I had a discussion about 2/3 DOF racing sims with a few anons a while back.

I've decided on a welded T1000 2 DOF frame from Prosimu with Dyadics SCN6 actuators.
For peripherals: Full Fanatec gear, including their new Wheelbase, shifter and handbrake. Non-inverted pedals.

The actuators are pulling almost 50kg at 4cm/s. Ridiculous.
Prosimu offers an optional OMP seat if you live in Europe. They just re-routed the order to a racing supply company in France.
It fits a 3 point harness perfectly which I also ordered.

The harness is not just for show. You get thrown around so much, in my opinion this should be a requirement.

I'm telling you. It's something else. The forces are incredible. The force feedback from the wheel can easily break your hand I think.
This is no comparison to regular monitor-racing without motion.

Hearing your engine roar, feeling the vibration, looking around while the rain is trickling down the window and leaning over to read your co-driver's notes has something special to it.

After a long track in DiRT rally I'm bathed in sweat. It's a workout.

A few cons:
This shit is fucking expensive. Don't think about it unless you love sim racing. This costs as much as an actual car.
I had to buy the deluxe audio headstrap for the HTC Vive because the actuators are really loud and headphones are inconvenient.
Driving at night is not possible, too much noise.
Obviously 1st Gen VR is expensive and yes, you can count the pixels. Also you need a beast of a machine with a flagship GPU to play on good settings.

Overall it's 9/11 would buy again.

Standby to standby jiggaboo, I'm getting some now

Finished Setup

Another angle

Holy fuck I'm literally made of jelly right now. I wish my wheel didn't break so I could play VR racing games.

I tried VR racing at a friends place who has a better setup than I had and it's fucking incredible.

Sick setup tho, one day I'll have the money for that kind of shit.

Holy fuck, nice setup
How much did it cost?

As someone who flies the M2000 a LOT, let me give you a hint
Don't get in a turning war.

If you don't hit him in the first one, maybe two passes. Then break and try again.

The M2000 is a terrible dogfighter. Not even because it's bad at turning, but because it drops like a stone once you reach 300-400 kts. Unfortunately, it's corner speed is 400-500, so after you make its first optimal turn, you're losing altitude.

That means the M2000 has one really, really, really good dogfighting corner in it. One of the best corners in the game that can turn all the way around to go from cold to hot on an enemy in a second. But it only has one. You don't want to spend its only good turn in a fight to maybe get an *okay* aspect shot with your Magic 2. You want to use that turn to get the best damn aspect possible, because you may only get that aspect once. Break, and use your superior corner energy to turn the tables on your opponent, but don't try to get into a dogfighty war with him. Throw most of your offensive BFM habits out the window.

I'm kind of turned on right now.

when the fuck are we going to get decent ffb pedals and JOYSTICK

^^^^

THIS is needed

Did you see that guy who made a full A10 cockpit for DCS?
I'm afraid that's going to be our only hope.

the main issue is incompatibility with VR,

the only way to make full cockpit work is 100% manufacturing/software integration so that spacially the cockpit is perfect and with diy this is impossible.

that guy you're talking about sold his setup and switched to VR because ultimately the extremely good visual control and immersion outweighs the benefit of immediate access to non-HOTAS controls.

but in case you were wondering, military may not have this deployed but is 100% already doing the perfect cockpit spatial integration, likely with Gaze Tracking HMD and mechanically focused lenses to give near perfect distance assessment

Huh, I didn't know he sold it.
Also, that's kind of sad. So our best hope is to get an Oculus?

Link?

Man. I originally didn't want to calculate that stuff.
Around 5 grand total.

Not counting the PC hardware you need to run most games at 90 FPS for VR.

$2000 - Industrial Actuators and welded T1000 steel frame
$200 - OMP Seat
$90 - 3-Point Harness:
$50 - Shipping for above

Fanatec Clubsport Gear:
$600 - Wheel Base V2.5
$350 - BMW GT2 wheel (quick-release)
$300 - Shifter SQ V1.5 (H-pattern and sequential selectable)
$370 - Pedals V3
$120 - Handbrake
$60 - Mounting, Peripherals, cables, etc.

$900 - HTC Vive /w Deluxe Audio strap

My main rig is another $2000.
I upgraded to an i7-6700K and GTX 1080 to drive it.

$50 License for SimTools

$70 Bought a dampened Fractal Design because the actuator controllers and wheelbase PSU needed airflow.

>one day I'll have the money for that kind of shit.

Start working on it, don't procrastinate.
I'm 22 and make my money day-trading meme cryptocurrencies.

Already am, getting into Aviation Avionics. From what I hear from other industry people business is booming at the moment, and there aren't enough Avionics guys to satisfy demand.

I'm also almost done my PPL and I'm going to go on to get my CPL so that's always an option as well.

Didn't see your second paragraph. Originally thought you were perusing engineering, disregard last post I deleted if you read it.

Good choice, good luck on all your endeavors and never give up.

Well, only important fact is that you enjoy it
It outweights the cons

I finish in January actually. It's a technician role but I already have multiple contacts of other techs and owners in the industry, and they've expressed interest in opening an Avionics Business.

We already have some plans to tackle the GA market and pilots that don't have all the fancy screens but have an iPad etc. Also the whole "every aircraft with ADS-B" by 2019 in the US will be quite lucrative.

youtube.com/watch?v=n3Mb-IHR2dw

>I'm 22 and make my money day-trading meme cryptocurrencies.
How hard is it to get into that and start turning a profit?

Just do it. I've been monitoring and investing in crypto since 2013.

But this was the year I made it big.
Just start. Head over to Veeky Forums.

>a full metal plane is more durable than a 50 wood 50 metal plane
:thinking:

youtube.com/watch?v=UPbkMIg3RvU

and he comments:
" blackman. The final version did have active mfcds. But this is all history. I have sold this rig and gone to VR."

the best option is definitely to wait about 2 years and some change.

by then consumer VR will have hit it's 2nd major generation with one iteration (VR 2.5)

by then you can expect a(non-standard) vergence accomodation (focus) solution with every HMD

depending on commercial success of VR you may see up to an upper limit of 8-12% more realistically 3-6% increase in flight simulator sales as they are pushed as the PREMIERE and most polished VR experience.

This will lead to greater joystick sales on the high end side.

Additionally, IF star citizen customers still have money to blow and the project is popular when it's somewhat more mature in 2 years you will see a huge explosion in low-end joystick / flight solution sales, likely new CHINA-trash brands like RAZR will stick their fingers into the pot and sell 4$ chinaman sticks for 80$.

Predict as you will what this will do to high end joystick market, but IMO a consumer FFB stick solution is bound to happen in this time.. I wonder why no one has licensed / emulated the sidewinder ffb method I will look into this

hows it going you losers?
4 planes soon:

F/A-18C
F-14A/B
AV-8B
F-4E

Tell me your hype level for each.

shit
shit
shit
ok

how dedicated are you goys to replicating irl historic flights in x-plane? (fsx NOT welcome to reply)

>F/A-18C
shit, just a hype, people are gonna be mad when they realise that it's same after same mission in MP, because they need to be hand-crafted
>F-14A/B
Multi-crew fighter seems fun
>Av-8B
VTOL Memes
>F-4E
idk

>No f-104
>No b1b
>The f4 is alright

It's shit

>Inb4 they all cost 60$ each

>F/A-18C
Will greatly expand the range of missions possible in DCS, hype.
>F-14A/B
At the end of the day it's just a 2 seat fighter, though multicrew is neat, medium hype.
>AV-8B
A slightly faster A-10, meh.
>F-4E
Like the F-18C but in aesthetic 3rd gen and with multicrew, giga hype.

ok
ok
meh
very hype

>wants the F-104
Shit plane shit taste
>wants the B1B in DCS with the scale of the maps we have
wow you're topping the charts here for poor taste

>$60

how much soon?

...the only close thing to that that i did it was flying over the channel with a bristol boxkite which was inspired by "those magnificent men..."